• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
That’s something I look forward too.

But with limited amount of time to showcase new reveals (if any) it’s definitely going to be EVO.

It seems Ultimate is being taken a lot more seriously since it’s going to be streaming matches of highly competitive players. Although I’m not sure if this is done a lot before, this is a first for Nintendo.
Unless they plan on revealing something new at EVO for Smash Ultimate! Then it's not worth watching if you ask me!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can you think of some taglines for newcomers?

"BOSHI consumes the competition!!!"
CHROM gets his chance!
CELICA drops in for a spell!
DECIDUEYE takes aim!
CRASH BANDICOOT crashes the party!

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice

Karate Joe Beats the Beat
Bandana Dee Spearheads an attack
Ninten Predicts competetion
Magolor Sails into battle
Banjo and Kazooie collect the arena(okay this one sucks)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"YOUR MOST WANTED CHARACTER!!! in in the game you ****ers!

Stop asking me for ****!"

StormC

Smash Hero
If they don’t use “BANJO-KAZOOIE get jiggy with it” then they might as well not add Banjo.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
YURI delivers Justice!
LLOYD Unites his blades!
ASHLEY scares the competition!
SIMON whips it up!

P.Kat

Smash Champion
View attachment 154264
"That makes me wonder how is that you have gotten away with that, Browser. If I were them, I would have hit you with a lawsuit by now."

xD I dunno.
I had no interest in playing as Ridley, but a suit and tie alt might change that.
Sakurai? Is that you?

EVERYONE!

Oh thanks this cute relaxing gif will help me fall asleep, *yawn* good night everyo-
Sorry, you can watch this cute gif to forget that:

OOHHH MYYY GOODNESS! WHAT IS THIS SICK, HORRIBLE, ABOMINATION OF A GIF? AHHHH! NIGHTMARES! NIGHTMARES FOR DAY! Why would you take away my sleep like that?! XD

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Actually now that I think of it, Yoshi was the only non-DLC veteran to get a tagline in Smash 4. Why wasn't THAT his tagline? Instead it was "Yoshi rolls into battle." Lame
Zero Suit Samus, Sheik and Charizard also got taglines.

All the new reveals in that direct got one.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
If they're announcing something at EVO, I don't think it will be on the same level as a big newcomer. I think an echo fighter such as, say, Ken or Akuma would be a fitting fighter to announce there.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If they're announcing something at EVO, I don't think it will be on the same level as a big newcomer. I think an echo fighter such as, say, Ken or Akuma would be a fitting fighter to announce there.
What? You're joking right?
EVO is literally the biggest fighting game event IN THE WORLD.

How exactly would a copy-paste fighter be a fitting announcement for that?

Darkraid

Smash Champion
View attachment 154214

Got bored so I did a new game based on the previous word association one:

A-Z of newcomers. We're in a parallel universe where 26 newcomer is feasible, but you can only have one of each letter. Who you pick?

What are yours?
A: Amaterasu
B: Bomberman
C: Crash Bandicoot
D: Dante
E: Ezio
F: Frank West
G: Geno
H: Heihachi
I: Impa
J: Juliet Starling (Have fun finding out who that is!)
K: King K Rool
L: Lightning
M: Master Chief
N: Nathan Drake
O: Onion Knight
P: Phoenix Wright
Q: Quote
R: Ryu Hayabusa
S: Shovel Knight
T: Travis Touchdown
U: Urien
V: Voldo
W: Waluigi
X: Xiaoyu
Y: Yoshimitsu
Z: Zero

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, now that I look at the popularity of Ashley, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if she mad it in this time.

I was thinking. Know how in the Bayonetta trailer Sakurai separated it out between regions? Bayo was #1 in Europe blah, blah, blah. What if that's the route they're taking for this games newcomers? Ridley for US, Ashley for Japan, maybe Isaac for Europe (since I heard he pretty popular there), and K. Rool for worldwide. Pipe dream or naw?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, now that I look at the popularity of Ashley, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if she mad it in this time.

I was thinking. Know how in the Bayonetta trailer Sakurai separated it out between regions? Bayo was #1 in Europe blah, blah, blah. What if that's the route they're taking for this games newcomers? Ridley for US, Ashley for Japan, maybe Isaac for Europe (since I heard he pretty popular there), and K. Rool for worldwide. Pipe dream or naw?
It'd certainly be an interesting idea. Give all the regions what they want before you inevitably reboot the roster and cut out 30% of the chaff.

StormC

Smash Hero

IMO Ridley is the "western" favorite the same way Little Mac was last time. Sakurai probably in reality doesn't care much about Europe.

Bandana Dee is closer to a Japanese favorite than Ashley.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Slime? I've made a comprehensive moveset before. It's based upon Dragon Quest Monsters, where the character is fleshed out more(meaning an actual personality but also tons of moves). The notable thing is that the only real addition to it is... it can create slimy tentacles to attack in certain ways. Slaps, etc. Besides that, the moveset heavily focuses on the skills as well. Or in the regular games, the Magic Spells. I feel this is at least one possible way to decently use Slime to represent DQ as a whole.

Slime
* Jump: 3/5
* Speed: 2/5
* Power: 4/5
* Colors: Red, Blue, Brown/Yellow(Rock Slime), Silver(Metal Slime), Black(Metal Slime)

* A: Slime Slap
* AA: Reverse Slime Slap
* AAA: Double Slime Slap
* Forward A: Slime Slice(Horizontal)
* Up A: Slime Whip
* Down A: LegSweep
* Smash A: Axeing for it (Diagonal Axe strike)
* Smash Up A: Firebal (Very similar to Samus' Smash Up A, except they come out all at once, more like an explosion)
* Smash Down A: Icebolt (A small line of cold goes on the floor. Anyone it hits might be frozen, but it makes the floor slippery otherwise)
* Air A: Slimy Spikes(Basically what it says. Emits a bunch of spikes and falls. Like a Gordo without shooting them off)
* Air Forward A: Infermos (A blast of air goes forward)
* Air Up A: Slime Whip redux
* Air Down A: Metal Slime (Drops downwards similar to Kirby's Down B)
* B: Big Bang (Chargeable: Does explosive damage. Very weak at first.)
* Forward B: Cut (Flashes forward doing a powerful slashing attack. This is based upon the various "Cut" moves)
* Up B: Sandstorn (Flies into the air, releasing sand that makes it hard for him to be hit.)
* Down B: Bounce (Reflects elemental attacks against the enemy. Does not affect non-ones.)
* Final Smash: Call (Calls down every possible Slime to attack the enemies.)
* Z: Slime Trap (Grabs the opponent with sticky tentacles)
* Z A: Slimey Slap
* Z Forward: Lushlick (Sends them forward, paralyzed for 4 seconds.)
* Z Up: Fireslash (Slashes them with pure fire, sending them upwards.)
* Z Down: Iceslash (You go up in the air a little, slashing them with coldness, possibly freezing them)
* Z Back: Windbeast (Blasts them backwards with a force of Air)

Other abilities: Glide (Grows wings and glides while in the air.)

It's a bit old and outdated, but it still works. It's simple, and uses the correct names here and there. Still needs a bit more, like the percentage damage and other notes. Made this during Brawl.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

I got a few.

AMATERASU Makes her Mark/Draws the Line
SABER Rules Them All
BLAZE THE CAT Burns the Battlefield
SHANTAE Dances On
SORA Closes the Gap
MONSTER HUNTER Captures Victory
ELMA Duals the Competition
REX AND PYRA Double Up
PRIMARINA Performs on the Battlefield
LING XIAOYU Flips In
KAT Lightens Up
YU NARUKAMI Holds the Cards To Victory

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Inklings for Japan, Ridley for USA.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
BANJO-KAZOOIE gets Jiggy with it!
CAPTAIN TOAD finds his way to battle!
DIXIE KONG spins up a storm!
KING K. ROOL blasts onto the scene!

MIMIKYU just wants you to love it...

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Well now that F-Zero got more representation in terms of music, I'm still waiting for the other Smash 64 franchises to get more music representation...
Mother right? I’d sure love Porky Means Business or Cave of the Past as soundtracks

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280

MARX makes a wish!
KAMEK curses the competition!
NINTEN sings a melody!
DECIDUEYE enters the Tournament!
BANDANA DEE waddles into battle!
MAXWELL scribbles into victory!
ARCADE RABBIT catches the competition!
GROVYLE gears up!

BISMUTH gets down to business Bismuth!
LARS sends his opponents to the stars!
LAPIS LAZULI is really depressed!

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't know about you guys. But I am predicting that Shadow the Hedgehog is getting in as an Unique/Semi-clone fighter. and i am so confident in this that i made a bet to myself

i Said that if Shadow the Hedgehog is not in the game as an Unique/Semi-Clone fighter, I will drink 7 Cups of Mustard water...Trust me its really bad

adding on to the bet is my Soul. I was going to drink Urine, but after some deliberation with a Smash Discord, it was considered to Toxic and instead is replaced with Mustard Water

Mustard Water is one of, if not the worst things i've ever tasted, and i will personally Drink 7 cups of it for every Chaos emerald. Im so Serious about this, because im very Confident on shadow getting in as his own Character and i need some type of risk to really prove it. Also i will make a Video of it to prove i drunk the mustard water

what do i get in return: I get a unique/Semi-Clone Shadow the Hedgehog that is not Shafted with TWO Spindashes and a Spring

Im so serious about shadow getting in

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't know about you guys. But I am predicting that Shadow the Hedgehog is getting in as an Unique/Semi-clone fighter. and i am so confident in this that i made a bet to myself

i Said that if Shadow the Hedgehog is not in the game as an Unique/Semi-Clone fighter, I will drink 7 Cups of Mustard water...Trust me its really bad

adding on to the bet is my Soul. I was going to drink Urine, but after some deliberation with a Smash Discord, it was considered to Toxic and instead is replaced with Mustard Water

Mustard Water is one of, if not the worst things i've ever tasted, and i will personally Drink 7 cups of it for every Chaos emerald. Im so Serious about this, because im very Confident on shadow getting in as his own Character and i need some type of risk to really prove it. Also i will make a Video of it to prove i drunk the mustard water

what do i get in return: I get a unique/Semi-Clone Shadow the Hedgehog that is not Shafted with TWO Spindashes and a Spring

Get your cup ready, son.

SonicMario

Smash Master

Does this mean base game or will you delay it on the off chance it happened in DLC. (If Shadow's assist trophy is still suspiciously missing from the base game)

Because to be honest if it's the former. Better prepare for that mustard water now :p

I think the only way Sonic's getting a 2nd rep that's not an echo is in DLC whether it ended up being Tails or Shadow.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Does this mean base game or will you delay it on the off chance it happened in DLC. (If Shadow's assist trophy is still suspiciously missing from the base game)

Because to be honest if it's the former. Better prepare for that mustard water now :p

I think the only way Sonic's getting a 2nd rep that's not an echo is in DLC whether it ended up being Tails or Shadow.
im talking base roster....Don't worry though, in the long run, my prediction will prove correct...im confident in it.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

I agree that if he's getting in he won't be an echo fighter. However I'm not as confident as you are that he's getting in period. I'm 50/50 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom