• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I actually got the Miis, they're in Heroes that go by many names::ultmiifighters::ultcorrin::ultrobin but yeah you're right, I missed Yoshi, sorry. I knew had to forget someone, but that still feels embarrassing lol. Allow me to fix this, here, now Sheik and Lucina can have a friend and a full team.
The Triforce::ultjigglypuff::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
Triforce Rejects::ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:
The Meta::ultbayonetta::ultmetaknight::ultfox:
The Wannabe Meta: :ultcloud::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth:
Beep beep::ultgnw::ultmegaman::ultrob:
On a diet::ultpacman::ultkirby::ultkingdedede:
Missing in action::ultpokemontrainer::ultwolf::ultsnake:
Secretly Luigi's Best Friends::ultbowser::ultsonic::ultwario:
Easily Startled::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultpichu:
Evil Incarnate: :ultridley::ultduckhunt::ultdaisy:
We'd rather be racing::ultfalco::ultdiddy::ultfalcon:
Good Parental Figures::ultsamus::ultrosalina::ultdk:
Talks too much: :ultshulk::ultpit::ultness:
Friends are for dorks::ultgreninja::ultdarkpit::ultmewtwo:
Mischief Makers::ultbowserjr::ultvillager::ultinkling:
Yellow: :ultpikachu::ultpeach::ultzss:
Very very fit::ultwiifittrainer::ultryu::ultlittlemac:
Ario: :ultdoc::ultlucario::ultmario:
The worst cooks: :ultroy::ultike::ultpalutena:
Heroes that go by many names::ultmiifighters::ultcorrin::ultrobin
We Committed Tax Fraud Together::ultyoshi::ultsheik::ultlucina:
I'm sorry.
Actually I found out who the other one you missed was. It's :ultfalco:. Maybe if you separate the Mii Fighters into 3 you'll get 66 fighters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
After nearly 2 decades after F-Zero GX, Sega is still showing more love for F-Zero then Nintendo has
Punch Out and Kid Icarus got to have a conclusion like game (that can also span into a new set of games for both series if wanted/NEEDED), Metroid gets to have Prime 4, Star Fox gets a soft reboot, and Fire Emblem gets to become a new top Nintendo series...but F Zero still can’t get some good **** outside of Mario robbing Captain Falcon of his Blue Falcon and two goat tracks

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure we're going to get something huge like a new character reveal at EVO. However, it is worth pointing out that EVO is way more important to Smash than SDCC or Jump Festival are. For that reason, I can see us getting a smaller reveal of some sort at EVO such as a new stage. I'm still not getting my hopes up for anything though.

amageish

Smash Master
I think the possibility of a character getting revealed at EVO is very high, It's the biggest fighting game event in the world after all.
Given how Nintendo regularly claims that Smash Bros is a party game, not a fighting game, it would be a real statement of intent if they did do a reveal at EVO. I'm not going to expect it or hope for it, but it would be cool.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Punch Out and Kid Icarus got to have a conclusion like game (that can also span into a new set of games for both series if wanted/NEEDED), Metroid gets to have Prime 4, Star Fox gets a soft reboot, and Fire Emblem gets to become a new top Nintendo series...but F Zero still can’t get some good **** outside of Mario robbing Captain Falcon of his Blue Falcon and two goat tracks
F-Zero GX team still exist within sega which is the Yakuza Team so its possible if nintendo makes an agreement of some sort we could get a new F-Zero

But I want Yakuza Team to make Binary Domain 2 first

then F-Zero

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Actually I found out who the other one you missed was. It's :ultfalco:. Maybe if you separate the Mii Fighters into 3 you'll get 66 fighters
I got him too, he's with Diddy and Falcon, but now you've made me realize I have to be missing someone because this makes no sense mathematically, my ignorant bliss has been ruined lol.

...and I've figured out who it is, it's Olimar! Guess that isn't too bad though since he has his Pikmin to keep him company, right?
Of course. :>
No. o-o Anything but that. Don't remind her of The Baby.
Her caring that much is a sign of a good parent, if she was bad she wouldn't care.
Yes. :3

...Despite getting the joke explained, I will never get it. .-.
There was never really a meaning, it's the dumbest kind of joke.
Which says something about my taste in humor, since I find it funny, definitely not a good sign lol

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I got him too, he's with Diddy and Falcon, but now you've made me realize I have to be missing someone because this makes no sense mathematically, my ignorant bliss has been ruined lol.

...and I've figured out who it is, it's Olimar! Guess that isn't too bad though since he has his Pikmin to keep him company, right?
Her caring that much is a sign of a good parent, if she was bad she wouldn't care.

There was never really a meaning, it's the dumbest kind of joke.
Which says something about my taste in humor, since I find it funny, definitely not a good sign lol
Also I think :ultyoshi: should be in the "good parental figure" section

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Honestly I don't expect anymore than just 10 new characters, maybe even less? And that includes echoes and possible DLC.
Sorry but im the type who keeps expectations low so i wont be disappointed lol; of course i would love to see many more~

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Yep, sometime in August. Two months after E3 seems like a good time to start up with the info again.
Oh no, I'm thinking way crazier.

Like, honestly, unless it gets leaked (and even then, most people won't know/notice), I really wouldn't be surprised if they wait until late October/early November and drop most of their load to get it over with/as a big marketing ploy. Give the game the big push it needs for selling systems.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
F-Zero GX team still exist within sega which is the Yakuza Team so its possible if nintendo makes an agreement of some sort we could get a new F-Zero

But I want Yakuza Team to make Binary Domain 2 first

then F-Zero
Maybe both can be a possibility...less so F-Zero of course
Doesn't Yoshi use their unborn children as volatile projectiles? ouo
Better than disowning 7 Kid for one superior Son

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, since my most wanteds were deconfirmed and/or are extremely unlikely, my biggest hope for this Smash isn't in its cast.

It's just that it's a decent game to play and watch competitively.
How about we make the game a bit more fast so we don't watch 2 guys take 3 years to take off 2 stocks, da?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Veterans you are most excited to play as?
Me:
  1. Pichu
  2. Pokemon Trainer
  3. Ganondorf
  4. Wolf
  5. Link
  6. Wario
  7. Luigi
  8. Mario

Last edited:

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
I was just wondering, i wanna make a thread where i rate five characters per week based on what the viewers want to see, where should i post the thread?

Veterans you are most excited to play as?
Me:
  • Pichu
  • Pokemon Trainer
  • Ganondorf
  • Wolf
  • Link
  • Wario
  • Luigi
:ultkingdedede:Hmm..... that's kinda hard, wonder if there's any character who happens to be my favourite ;p.:ultkingdedede:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I am here for this new F-Zero Medley. I love it. I have no idea what genre it's supposed to be, but I love it regardless.

Also, Smash being at EVO is cool. At the very least, we might catch some gameplay tweaks or refinements we haven't seen yet. A new character reveal would be sweet, but I won't get my hopes up.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Doesn't Yoshi use their unborn children as volatile projectiles? ouo
Yoshi's use calcified casings to protect their babies, but also to store fecal matter after they devour their enemies for:

1. Defensive projectiles
2. Storage of leftovers

Yoshi's have very quick (hyper) digestive systems. If starving they crack open their sealed quasi-digestive meals and consume it once more.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Not sure if it was posted already but there will be some exhibition matches featuring top players at EVO next Friday 8/3 at 6PM. And apparently they will be streamed too (not sure if by Nintendo or EVO though).

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1021916922911178752

That’s something I look forward too.

But with limited amount of time to showcase new reveals (if any) it’s definitely going to be EVO.

It seems Ultimate is being taken a lot more seriously since it’s going to be streaming matches of highly competitive players. Although I’m not sure if this is done a lot before, this is a first for Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom