• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
New game!

Remember the “newcomer for each letter of ULTIMATE” thing? It’s the same but this time for SPECIAL, which is Smash Ultimate’s Japanese subtitle. One newcomer whose name starts with each letter.

S - Simon
P - (I have no idea who to use here)
E - Elma
C - Chorus Kids
I - Isaac
A - Ashley
L - ...Lip?
This one seems more reasonable

Simon
Proto Man
Edgeworth
Celica
Isaac
Ashley
Lyn

osby

Smash Obsessed
New game!

Remember the “newcomer for each letter of ULTIMATE” thing? It’s the same but this time for SPECIAL, which is Smash Ultimate’s Japanese subtitle. One newcomer whose name starts with each letter.

S - Simon
P - Pyra (& Rex)
E - Elma
C - Chorus Kids
I - Isaac
A - Ashley
L - ...Lip?
Spring Man
Paper Mario
Elma
Cynthia
Isaac
Ashley
Lyn

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sonic not interacting with anyone. Weep. Ness or Lucas's party showing up (If Final Smash NPC's are allowed to show up). Success.
May as well throw in Dunban, Riki and Fiora too for maximum impact, and the Mega Men + Bass and Proto Man too

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
New game!

S - Simon
P - Pyra (& Rex)
E - Elma
C - Chorus Kids
I - Isaac
A - Ashley
L - ...Lip?
S - Shadow
P - Pokemon from Gen 7
E - Erdrick (Or any Dragon Quest Rep)
C - Chorus Kids (or any Rhythm Heaven Rep)
I - Isabelle
A - Ayumi Tachibana
L - Lip

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
New game!

S - Simon
P - (I have no idea who to use here)
E - Elma
C - Chorus Kids
I - Isaac
A - Ashley
L - ...Lip?
S - Skull Kid
P - Put Medli in Mr Sakurai
E - Elma
C - Can I just say how cool it would be to have 2B in the game despite her impossible chances
I - Impa
A - Ashley
L - Lets all agree that Geno and K Rool should be in the game
(Some creative liberties were taken)

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
New game!

S - Simon
P - Pyra (& Rex)
E - Elma
C - Chorus Kids
I - Isaac
A - Ashley
L - ...Lip?
S - Skull Kid
P - Porky
E - E. Gadd
C - Captain Rainbow
I - Isa Jo
A - Akuma
L - Louie

Most of these have no chance in hell, but a man can dream.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Cynthia from Pokémon?
Interesting pick, I never saw someone want her.

Though I would love her actual real theme instead of a boring remix.
It's more of a "she'd be cooler than everyone except Bayonetta!" like of desire, rather than an actual support. I like her, but I don't expect anything.

Ridley is a blessing and should never ever leave the roster.
Let's agree to disagree. Nothing against his fans, but I was fond of previous 67 characters. Him, not.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
New game!

S - Simon
P - Pyra (& Rex)
E - Elma
C - Chorus Kids
I - Isaac
A - Ashley
L - ...Lip?
S - Shadow
P - Paper Mario
E - Elma
C - Celica
I - Issac
A - Arle
L - Lana

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Time for another FORUM GAME

Except this one is kind of good.

Make a reveal trailer for your most wanted newcomer(s). The trailer can have as many characters as you want, ranging from a simple trailer with 1 character (like Megaman or Wii Fit Trainer), to a complex trailer with 5 - 6 characters (like Brawl's reveal trailer).

I'll start:
Smash Logo. Begins with a large shot of Bowser's. Cut to one of the hallways leading up to the throne room. A shadow is jumping between columns, taking down Goombas, Koopas, and other mooks. A lone Shy Guy stands alert, ready for a fight. The shadow vaults over the Shy Guy, taking it's mask off, and says, "I'll reveal your true form!" The shadow stands behind the Shy Guy and stands up, revealing Joker from Persona 5 as he summons Arsen behind him. Newcomer splash: "Joker steals the show!" Commence gameplay. Background music is Last Surprise. Joker's moveset revolves around the use of various Persona that can perform different attacks. Most of his attacks use Arsen, but he also uses series staples like Jack Frost and Jack-o"-Lantern. His final Smash has him pull out his model gun and shoot the opponent(s) in front of him, stunning them. Following that, he uses an All-Out Attack with Ryuji, Ann, and Morgana on those stunned. The post scene is Joker busting into the treasure room, which holds a kidnapped Princess Peach. Behind him you can hear Bowser roar. Trailer end.

I might make one for Sora if I can think of one.
Whew finally done Well... lets give this try in the I'll put this in, in the Direct a Trailer Thread too. Apologies, the first one is long (I tend to get carried away with things that are kind like stories), but the rest two won't be (I promise... hope).

Title: "The Ancient Art of Battle"

A hypothetical Nintendo Direct on August 9th, announces the release of Okami HD for the Switch as the last bit of news, Mr. Morimoto is about to close out the Direct, when Amaterasu with Issun races by across him, nearly knocking him down. He catches himself "Well, looks like Amaterasu has found something interesting lets see what it is." he says. Cue Amaterasu running across a white background, slowly filling with color and form until she's in the world of Ancient Japan where she stops and sits, signaling the release of Okami 2. The background turns black. She then runs again through a bright portal that closes afterwards. All is black again... Until.

The Cross-Slash opens the trailer, a wide, dusty, field is connected to the entrance of a massive valley that doubled as the gateway to Smash, the inside of the valley started to show life with trees and plants, while the top of each side of the valley was filled with vibrant green grass for miles.

On the dusty field, two squid-shaped objects, one orange one blue, hurtle through the sky, hitting the ground with a splat. They quickly reform back to their humanoid form, "This looks like trouble!" the orange Inkling huffed. "Yeah, no kidding" the blue one gasped. Both were winded, but had their Splatershots at the ready as they faced DJ Octavia again in his flying machine loaded with purple ink and his turntable. "GYAH HA HA! So you two are the gatekeepers for today? Keeping out stale challengers from joining the other chosen competitors? This must be fate or something. Well, I'll show you that I don't need any stuck up invitation to join this below average fight club, I'm fresh enough to be In a league of my own. And I'll show it by REMIXING YO FACES!

Octavio then launches two giant fists from his machine. The Inklings each shot at one, trying to repel them back to him, but the fists were too strong this time, all they can do is dodge out of the way at the last second. From afar, Bayonetta sat down at the picnic the she invited herself to, enjoying tea and cookies to the mild annoyance of Pit and Palutena, all of them watching from on top of the sides of the grassy valley, as the Inklings desperately toss splat bombs, trying to break down Octavia's machine to no avail. If the Inklings failed their gatekeeper duties, the three of them as veterans, would step in, in their place to face the challenger.

Back to the match, the Inklings were knocked down again, and were having trouble getting back up. Octavio looked down upon them. "Too bad for you! You 'bout to get MASHED UP!" He prepares the final attack. Pit, Palutena, and Bayonetta readied themselves as well too, when suddenly, a white steak raced past Octavio, marking his machine with a long black streak of ink. "Yo! I didn't order a custom paintjob!" he shouted. Moments later his machine was cut in two with Octavio somehow spared, but he knew what was next. "Oh no... So sad... Cross-fade... to black..." and with an inkplosion, he was sent flying out of sight.

The veterans look at the wolf in amazement who defeated Octavio in one strike, the veterans sensing a strong divine energy from the wolf much like their own. The Inklings attacked the wolf with their Splatershots, but the wolf used the disk on it's back to block the ink, it then quickly ran between them in a flash, to the other side of the field to their confusion. "Look on yourself!" a voice cried from the Wolf's nose. They did, only to find a lightning bolt symbol painted on their shirts in ink. Not even a second later, a Thunderbolt from pure nothingness, struck the two, sending them far away. The veterans immediately jump down to guard the gate, and to meet the divine being. "Who are you?!" Shouted Pit. "I'm Issun" The one inch man on the wolf said. "And this is..."

Splash art appears: Amaterasu Draws the Line

Gameplay footage show off Amaterasu's Celestial Brush techniques of different element attacks, and the three weapons she can change to at any time. Her Final Smash attack is cutscene of her drawing a miniature Sun above Pit, Palutena, and Bayonetta, it's powerful gravity sucks them in and explodes afterwards in a small, some what contained, Supernova. Smash Ultimate logo pops up

Afterwards in the cutscene, the wide, dusty, open field is charred to a crisp, but the veterans are protected by Palutena's barrier as they begin their counterattack on Amaterasu, as the gatekeepers for Smash.

This one is MUCH shorter... hopefully.
When Kings Go to Battle

Out on the wide grassland, all of the Fire Emblem characters from Smash are fighting against Ganondorf. Robin, and Ike are heavily injured, lying on the ground in pain, while Marth, Corrin, and Lucina are on their one knee sword in the ground, struggling to catch their second wind, watching as Roy is the only one among them with enough energy to currently fight, until they gain back their strength he is their only hope. He goes in for the finishing blow. Ganondorf parries the attack and punches Roy in the stomach causing him to drop his sword as he keels over. Ganondorf then grab Roy's throat, but before his corrosive dark magic could reach his throat, a powerful blast of wind blows Ganondorf away from Roy, and into a giant boulder that crumbled upon from impact.

The other injured warriors looked at who saved their comrades life, a woman in a combat dress, clad in armor, stood before them with her back at them. Her fighter stance was one of a Swordfighter, but they saw no blade in her hand, just a never-ending wind blowing around where her hands were. "Are you all alright?" she asked. "Yes thank you." gasped Roy "Yeah, we're not done in yet." said Marth. "Just catching our breath" Lucina said watching Ike, Robin, and Corrin get back on their feet, all giving her the ok. "Good, then to my side, this madman will fall today" She ordered. They felt compelled to obey by a kingly influence, similar to their own Lordship amongst their own people. "What is your name?" Robin asked. She turns and says, "I am Artoria Pendragon, but you can call me..."

Splash art: Saber Slashes Into Battle

Gameplay shows Saber wielding her invisible sword, using wind and light magic, shooting said magic, and tornadoes out from her sword, and permanently granting buffs by equipping, and unequipping her armor. Final Smash has her using Excalibur lifting her sword overhead, absorbing large amounts of light energy, and slam it down to shoot a gigantic bladed beam of light that end with a pillar of light soaring to the sky. Cue Smash Ultimate logo.

Back to the cutscene, Ganondorf enraged, transforms into his demon form, scattering boulders in every direction, his swords spinning wildly in his hands, he looks at Saber with unyielding rage. He see Saber, and her sword glowing with light with the rest of the Fire Emblem cast ready to fight, yet amazed at her power too, as she just finishes charging up Excalibur. She shouts "STEP FOWARD VILE BEAST, AND MEET THY END!" Ganon charges at her, swords in tow, while she swing Excalibur down upon him a loud explosion roars through the grassland, as the screen fades to white.

Even shorter cause dang it how hard is it to write a SHORT trailer?
Title: "A Princess From Another Dimension" (a cookie for who ever gets the loose reference)

Mario, Megaman, Pacman, and Sonic are fighting against each other in a free-for-all, Sonic at the last second used his spin dash to send the three of them flying away. Sonic stops to scratch his noes with his index finger. "Eh, must be off their game today, or I'm just that good." He gloated. "Sure wish someone could give me a real fight, I'm getting bored real quick." he say while stretching. Out of nowhere a large fireball projectile flew at him. "Alright! I guess Mario still has some steam left." said Sonic excitedly. He daringly took the fireball head on with a Spin Dash, but was surprised when the fireball was more... solid than it appeared! It actually sent him flying several yards back!

With a pained groan Sonic got to his feet, as he did, a voice from the fire asked "Don't tell me you've gotten soft since we last met Sonic?" the fire fading away a bit as it showed who was inside, a fiery purple cat. "Blaze?!" Sonic gasped astounded. "That's my name." she said with a smile.

Splash art: Blaze Burns Through the Battlefield

Gameplay shows Blaze becoming a fire tornado ramming through enemies, shooting fireballs, and raising fire pillars from the ground, all while in the background Blaze explains that she was bored, so she hopped over from her dimension, to Sonic's location, only to find he was in another dimension as well too. Her Final Smash has her using the Sol Emeralds to become Burning Blaze where she does the same attack as Super Sonic but for a shorter time before bombarding enemies with giant fireballs, before roasting them with a gigantic flamethrower. Cue logo.

Back to the cutscene they were about to attack again when... "CHAOS SPEAR!" Blaze and Sonic dodge out of the way in time, and looked up to see no other than Shadow the Hedgehog with three Chaos Emeralds circling him. "Prepare for battle Sonic." he said stoically. "Oh look, Mr. Dark and edgy came to join the party," Sonic quipped. "Ready Blaze?" he asked as four Chaos Emeralds circle him "Ready Sonic!" shouted Blaze as the Seven Sol Emeralds circled her.

No more was said as Sonic's and Shadows Emeralds joined each other, transforming the two of them into Super Sonic and Super Shadow, while Blaze became Burning Blaze through her sol Emeralds, as all three began their own free-for-all fight.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's more of a "she'd be cooler than everyone except Bayonetta!" like of desire, rather than an actual support. I like her, but I don't expect anything.
Are you implying that Bayonetta is the cool wine Aunt of Smash? Everyone just lets her hang out because she's super fun, but she takes it too seriously when in battle and while everyone knows she needs to calm down? They do nothing about it because she'll stop coming around and being fun?

Because yeah I can see that being the case.

Lucas shows up to the other kids from Mother 3.

''My aunt summons demons. How about yours?"

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I get broken down very easily when a game is very well written and clever, even when it's not sad. I also get easily swayed when the game is smart and uses the in-game UI during a cutscene to represent something, like the end of Octo Expansion.

Sad things don't really make me cry more than things I find awesome. Haha
STOCK BATTLE

NO ITEMS

FINAL DESTINATION

osby

Smash Obsessed
Are you implying that Bayonetta is the cool wine Aunt of Smash? Everyone just lets her hang out because she's super fun, but she takes it too seriously when in battle and while everyone knows she needs to calm down? They do nothing about it because she'll stop coming around and being fun?

Because yeah I can see that being the case.

Lucas shows up to the other kids from Mother 3.

''My aunt summons demons. How about yours?"
I'lI never have another headcanon about Bayonetta, this is perfect. And also would explain her status, other guests were invited because they were iconic.
Bayonetta got in by herself because that's just how cool she is.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Let's agree to disagree. Nothing against his fans, but I was fond of previous 67 characters. Him, not.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post.
Uh, just curious, but why do you dislike Ridley so much? I’m not trying to make you like him or anything or tell you why you’re wrong, but I’m just a little confused on why you’re still upset at his inclusion when it’s been like a month since his confirmation. Like or not, he’s a big deal to both Metroid and the Smash series, and cutting him at this point would be seen by a lot of fans as a big mistake.

KMDP

Smash Legend
New game!

S - Simon
P - Pyra (& Rex)
E - Elma
C - Chorus Kids
I - Isaac
A - Ashley
L - ...Lip?
S - Shadow / Sephiroth
P - Miles "Tails" Prower
E - (Can't think of one, even stretching to Initials. XD)
C - Celica
I - Isaac
A - Agumon / Ashley
L - Lana

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Uh, just curious, but why do you dislike Ridley so much? I’m not trying to make you like him or anything or tell you why you’re wrong, but I’m just a little confused on why you’re still upset at his inclusion when it’s been like a month since his confirmation. Like or not, he’s a big deal to both Metroid and the Smash series, and cutting him at this point would be seen by a lot of fans as a big mistake.
I'm not upset over his inclusion (it finally killed Ridleyboards).
Cutting any character would upset their fans and I don't like that.
I just don't like the character.
He's a well designed character and should stay but if one character had to be cut, my subjective pick would be him.

EDIT: The reason I don't like him that he's a villain with no redeemable qualities whatsoever.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Don’t forget :ultfalcon: being the first sacrifice

For...reasons.

Also, Lego Marvel 2 too? Dang...
Falcon Death...oh no

And yeah to them being cut from the Lego games (ya get multiple Spiders, multiple Avengers alts and Gwenpool instead)
Actually I believe the shows and movies come with the sale. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT, Fox News, the Sports Networks and some other little stuff is getting spun off into a new company while the entertainment end of things (Shows, movies, X-men, FX, NatGeo, etc) are coming into the sale.

Hopefully this means I get a GOOD Alien movie... I want one of those.
I hope the make Family Guy good again
New game!

S - Simon
P - Pyra (& Rex)
E - Elma
C - Chorus Kids
I - Isaac
A - Ashley
L - ...Lip?
S - Simon
P - Pyra/Mythra
E - Etika
C - Captain Toad/Toadette
I - I...got nothing
A - Ashley or Amy
L - Lady Viridi

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Falcon Death...oh no

And yeah to them being cut from the Lego games (ya get multiple Spiders, multiple Avengers alts and Gwenpool instead)

I hope the make Family Guy good again

S - Simon
P - Pyra/Mythra
E - Etika
C - Captain Toad/Toadette
I - I...got nothing
A - Ashley or Amy
L - Lady Viridi
> Gwenpool

Part of me is morbidly curious about that

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm not upset over his inclusion (it finally killed Ridleyboards).
Cutting any character would upset their fans and I don't like that.
I just don't like the character.
He's a well designed character and should stay but if one character had to be cut, my subjective pick would be him.

EDIT: The reason I don't like him that he's a villain with no redeemable qualities whatsoever.
What is your stance on Ganondorf and Wolf? Both are also abhorrent. Ganondorf probably equally so as Ridley.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Clearly, the bottom three in Smash 4 and Brawl's official tier lists are literally just the same three characters flipped around.
View attachment 154156
View attachment 154157
And then it gets strange in Project M, where none of them are bottom three yet...
View attachment 154155
They're still bound together! It's almost creepy, it's like fate itself is keeping them together.

Clearly what this means is that one of these days, the top 3 characters will be Jigglypuff, Zelda and Ganondorf in any order, if one is, then they must all be. /s
Well, we can interpret this in two ways.

The first is that the next Zelda game will completely cut Link altogether and Jigglypuff will replace him as the wielder of the Triforce of Courage.

OR

The next Pokemon game will replace the Male and Female trainer options with Ganondorf and Zelda and Jigglypuff is the only starter pokemon available.

Either way, one of these two things is confirmed and definitely happening.

D

Deleted member

Well, we can interpret this in two ways.

The first is that the next Zelda game will completely cut Link altogether and Jigglypuff will replace him as the wielder of the Triforce of Courage.

OR

The next Pokemon game will replace the Male and Female trainer options with Ganondorf and Zelda and Jigglypuff is the only starter pokemon available.

Either way, one of these two things is confirmed and definitely happening.
Pokemon Power and Pokemon Wisdom

osby

Smash Obsessed
What is your stance on Ganondorf and Wolf? Both are also abhorrent. Ganondorf probably equally so as Ridley.
I like Wolf, especially in the Assault. His Brawl voice was great. Cool eyepatch.
Ganondorf, eh, I liked his previous design more. Though I mostly like him because Wind Waker. Still good character.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Agree to disagree and all that, but you are playing with literal fire, friend.

Cynthia from Pokémon?
Interesting pick, I never saw someone want her.

Though I would love her actual real theme instead of a boring remix.
The original would be okay, though I like the small touches they added for future games (the best IMO being the Black 2/White 2 version for PWT)

A brand new/version 2 remix would also be nice.

D

Deleted member

The original would be okay, though I like the small touches they added for future games (the best IMO being the Black 2/White 2 version for PWT)

A brand new/version 2 remix would also be nice.
The Black 2 / White 2 would be better than the Smash 4 remix, but what I would want the most is the original one.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Coincidentally, Ridley being so terrible and unredeemable is what makes me like him so much. He's not here to kidnap princesses or steal food. He's a cold-blooded criminal who kills, and that makes him one of the most intimidating Nintendo villains of all time.

Heroes might be the star of the game, but villains are who make the story engaging. Few villains do their job as good as Ridley.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Coincidentally, Ridley being so terrible and unredeemable is what makes me like him so much. He's not here to kidnap princesses or steal food. He's a cold-blooded criminal who kills, and that makes him one of the most intimidating Nintendo villains of all time.

Heroes might be the star of the game, but villains are who make the story engaging.
Unfortunately, some Metroid games were not that interesting story wise.

A villain is not the main part what makes the story engaging, there is more factors to it.

Though usually a story needs a good villain. Like FMA:B had great villains and pulled off all the factors perfectly.

There are great Metroid games though, like Metroid Prime.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Hoping for more Gen 2 Pokemon music. The quality of the tracks there always impressed me even for GBA chiptune nonsense. Every town theme is incredible, the Kanto wild theme in that game is amazing, and the gym leader battle theme is perfect.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I just really wanted to do this for funsies

S - Springman
P - Porky
E - Elma, I guess
C - Captain Toad
I - Impa
A - Ashley, I guess
L - Lyn

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
New game!

S - Simon
P - Pyra (& Rex)
E - Elma
C - Chorus Kids
I - Isaac
A - Ashley
L - ...Lip?
S - Sceptile
P - Paper Mario
E - Elma
C - Chibi Robo
I - Incineroar
A - Ashley
L - Ledian

D

Deleted member

Well, that part's true though.
Ridley is an irredeemable villain.

He's sadistic, genocidal, murderous, etc. He raids planets and has its inhabitants killed. He has no "morals" to speak of other than "might makes right".

He doesn't have an excuse to be evil like Ganondorf, who is tied by fate to be the way he is because he's an incarnation of Demises' hatred. Ridley just does this because he likes doing it.

EDIT: Not that it's a bad thing he's irredeemable. Some people like that sort of villain in media.

D

Deleted member

Ridley is unlike any other Nintendo villain.
He is not trying to gain power and rule the universe, he does not want money, he does not want to capture a princess or what not.
He just wants to be evil and cause trouble for everything.

These posts are a good example.

He's sadistic, genocidal, murderous, etc. He raids planets and has its inhabitants killed. He has no "morals" to speak of other than "might makes right".

He doesn't have an excuse to be evil like Ganondorf, who is tied by fate to be the way he is because he's an incarnation of Demises' hatred. Ridley just does this because he likes doing it.

EDIT: Not that it's a bad thing he's irredeemable. Some people like that sort of villain in media.

Heroes might be the star of the game, but villains are who make the story engaging. Few villains do their job as good as Ridley.
Reminds me of the Joker from Batman. :p

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Unfortunately, some Metroid games were not that interesting story wise.

A villain is not the main part what makes the story engaging, there is more factors to it.

Though usually a story needs a good villain. Like FMA:B had great villains and pulled off all the factors perfectly.

There are great Metroid games though, like Metroid Prime.
You can make a wonderful story even without a villain, but it's a lot harder to accomplish. Establishing that there's a force that wants to stop the player character gives you a compelling sense of determination to defeat that obstacle and win the game.

Metroid is a series where the story isn't always a huge focus (just like Mario, Kirby, and many other Nintendo series), but whenever there's an emphasis on it, the villains are key to making it engaging.

To add on to what you said, Ridley being a sadistic heartless killer is exactly why people like him as a villain. No one ever hopes that he'll one day become a good guy, nor do they think he's a bad character for being so evil. A moral compass is not required for a character to be "good".

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

:p I mean, he didn't got his "Cunning God of Death" title for nothing!

xP I adore Ridley's character for the way he is and how much fun he's to work with, that is why I draw him so much, and I may put him displaying emotions and on certain scenarios you would not really see him, but, that's the great thing about imagination.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom