• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Custom specials for anything but Mii fighters are a waste of time. There's just no convenient way to incorporate them in to any kind of gameplay.
Tbh especially competitively, though Sakurai does say he creates Smash games appealing to casual fans. I just feel custom moves for game with a roster of 60+ characters is obsurd to make it priorty for everyone to have up to 12 different custom moves. That and I hate the process of unlocking them in Smash 4 i still dont have everything.

StormC

Smash Hero
How many new stages total do you guys expect?

I feel 10 is a reasonable number.

New Donk City
Great Plateau
Moray Towers

Already confirmed.

Sun/Moon stage
Tropical Freeze stage
New Kirby stage (lol Air Ride)
New IP (I doubt Splatoon is the last new franchise)

All feel like pretty safe bets. That's 7, I'm sure we'll get some other stuff here and there.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Do we get his battle theme and God Slaying Sword with it?
I wouldn't doubt it. I mean, Xenoblade is 8 years old. Maybe Sakurai is one of those those people when it comes to spoilers and dating things.
Imagine if XC2 and XCX got even worse spoilers for how recently they came out.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I know I'm a bit late for this but is it REALLY that necessary to represent every Pokemon generation with an equal amount of playable characters? That's what Poke Balls are for.
It doesn’t have to be equally since Gen 1 has some of the most iconic Pokémon. So Pikachu, Charizard (or Pokémon Trainer), and Mewtwo are probably enough.

It’s just that a lot of Pokémon form Gen 2 and beyond have a lot of well designed Pokémon that would be excellent for Smash, and it’s sort of a shame that they aren’t really used (it’s mostly due to timing).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wouldn't doubt it. I mean, Xenoblade is 8 years old. Maybe Sakurai is one of those those people when it comes to spoilers and dating things.
Imagine if XC2 and XCX got even worse spoilers for how recently they came out.
To be fair, there's no giant "super move" that any of the XCX characters do at the eleventh hour.
There's a plot twist, but it's hardly combat related.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair, there's no giant "super move" that any of the XCX characters do at the eleventh hour.
There's a plot twist, but it's hardly combat related.
People were still uppity about Fiora back then because she still had her "Mecha-Fiora" trophy, not because she was in the Chain Attack now.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion

New Donk City
Great Plateau
Moray Towers

Already confirmed.

Sun/Moon stage
Tropical Freeze stage

All feel like pretty safe bets. That's 7, I'm sure we'll get some other stuff here and there.
I think we can expect more stages, like 15-25. Now that look back onto it, Stages don’t take that long to create, so I feel 7 is a bit too pessimistic, and you’re missing one.

A Xenoblade X stage

X will certainly get one.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

New Donk City
Great Plateau
Moray Towers

Already confirmed.

Sun/Moon stage
Tropical Freeze stage

where's forest maze

ALSO real talk, I just finished playing my daily (or whenever I can get around to it) session of SMRPG; replaying it. Got to Geno, we really need this song in even if he doesn't make it

StormC

Smash Hero
I think we can expect more stages, like 15-25. Now that look back onto it, Stages don’t take that long to create, so I feel 7 is a bit too pessimistic, and you’re missing one.

A Xenoblade X stage

I guess I should say 10 at least. My current expectation is 10-15.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
honestly i just want all (or at least as close as possible) of the old stages to return. badly.
Even that one?
:rumblefalls:

Also wow, finally a real use of the Brawl Stage emotes.
Why are they even there?

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
honestly i just want all (or at least as close as possible) of the old stages to return. badly.
Sorta, for me.

Stages like Flat Zone and Pictochat can be combined, but sometimes I feel that some of the stages can be too, repetitive?

Even that one?
:rumblefalls:
I don’t think they need to bring Rumble Falls or the original Icicle Mountain.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
All this talk about stages make me almost regret that I mostly play in omega mode or final destination or battlefield...

RandomAce

Smash Champion
All this talk about stages make me almost regret that I mostly play in omega mode or final destination or battlefield...
Blame not having a hazard toggle.

Let’s be real, some of the stages are annoying with hazards.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
where's forest maze

ALSO real talk, I just finished playing my daily (or whenever I can get around to it) session of SMRPG; replaying it. Got to Geno, we really need this song in even if he doesn't make it
Funny you say that cause all this talk of Geno had me start playing today. This is my first time playing tye game and its pretty good!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think we should at least get a "home" stage for every character. That'd be nice.
Maybe Bowser could finally have his castle instead of a 7th Mushroom Kingdom.

Also for that arcade mode I'm still holding out hope for.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So new stage guessing huh? Here's my guesses.

-CONFIRMED-
Moray Tower(Splatoon)
Great Plateau Tower(Zelda)
New Donk City(Mario)

-Guesses-
Ashley's Mansion(Wario)
Elibe/Tellius/Fates Stage(Fire Emblem)
Ultra Space(Pokemon)
Gangplank Galleon(DK)
Saturn Valley(Earthbound)
An Area from Metroid 2/Samus Returns(Metroid)
Clock Tower or Dracula's Throne(Castlevania)
Tower of Salvation or Martel Temple(Tales)
Earth 2112(Mach Rider)

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Sorta, for me.

Stages like Flat Zone and Pictochat can be combined, but sometimes I feel that some of the stages can be too, repetitive?

I don’t think they need to bring Rumble Falls or the original Icicle Mountain.
I'd be okay with Flat Zone 1 & 2 and Pictochat 1 & 2. I'm fine with repetition since thanks to hazards off mode, we're gonna have a ton of stages that are basically the same.

Funny you say that cause all this talk of Geno had me start playing today. This is my first time playing tye game and its pretty good!
I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's a great game. One of Nintendo's finest; especially from that era. I won't spoil a thing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hmm...
New stages...

New Donk City | Great Plateau Tower | Moray Towers

Bowser's Castle
Forest Maze
Gangplank Galleon
Bramble Blast
Green Gardens (...what?)
Mt. Lanakila Summit
Ashley's Mansion
Primordia
Venus Lighthouse
Elibe/Fates Stage(Fire Emblem)
NGL the Dragon's Gate from the endgame of Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade (also used in the "Smash Brethren" FE: Awakening DLC) would be awesome.
There's also a Dragon's Gate in Fates, as well.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm going to put hard money down on there not being a new Metroid stage. I'd say we'll see Melee Brinstar, Norfair, Orpheon, and maybe Brinstar Depths if Kraid was a good enough boy this year. Ridley's reveal would've been the perfect time to show one off, and with the project being started a good year or two before Samus Returns even started development, we likely won't see anything from that aside from maybe a nod to it on a trophy or something.

Maybe we'll see a Prime 4 stage as DLC? That seems pretty far-fetched, though. I wish we could get another non-lava stage from Metroid but I think we used all of Sakurai's good will toward the series on Ridley. Let's just hope K. Rool brings his ship with him so DK can get a non-jungle stage.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm going to put hard money down on there not being a new Metroid stage. I'd say we'll see Melee Brinstar, Norfair, Orpheon, and maybe Brinstar Depths if Kraid was a good enough boy this year. Ridley's reveal would've been the perfect time to show one off, and with the project being started a good year or two before Samus Returns even started development, we likely won't see anything from that aside from maybe a nod to it on a trophy or something.

Maybe we'll see a Prime 4 stage as DLC? That seems pretty far-fetched, though. I wish we could get another non-lava stage from Metroid but I think we used all of Sakurai's good will toward the series on Ridley. Let's just hope K. Rool brings his ship with him so DK can get a non-jungle stage.
yeah I could actually see this coming true. we're still missing brinstar depths, pyrosphere, AND sector zebes from the previous Smash games so... we're probably not getting a new Metroid stage.

edit: while we're at it, I would not expect a new Mother stage, even if we get (somehow) graced with another character..

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
If Gang-Plank Galleon becomes a stage (and it should! :laugh:), a remix like this (just not in 8-bit) should be it's primary theme.

For those unable or unwilling to play the song, it's a Gang-Plank Galleon remix that mixes the Land and Country versions together.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
If Gang-Plank Galleon becomes a stage (and it should! :laugh:), a remix like this (just not in 8-bit) should be it's primary theme.

For those unable or unwilling to play the song, it's a Gang-Plank Galleon remix that mixes the Land and Country versions together.
I'd be happy if there was a new Donkey Kong Country stage that DOESN'T take place in a jungle.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I want another stage for Kid Icarus Uprising and Sonic (Mania or Forces...or even Boom)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
NGL the Dragon's Gate from the endgame of Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade (also used in the "Smash Brethren" FE: Awakening DLC) would be awesome.
There's also a Dragon's Gate in Fates, as well.
I feel obligated to make a joke about my avatar here, but nothing is coming. So uh, here's an image that sums up why we need that stage.

We could always use more dragons.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'd be happy if there was a new Donkey Kong Country stage that DOESN'T take place in a jungle.
Players: We don't want anymore DK levels that take place in Kongo Jungle!
Sakurai: Okay, I hear you... How about Krem Quay?
Players: GAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Time for another FORUM GAME

Except this one is kind of good.

Make a reveal trailer for your most wanted newcomer(s). The trailer can have as many characters as you want, ranging from a simple trailer with 1 character (like Megaman or Wii Fit Trainer), to a complex trailer with 5 - 6 characters (like Brawl's reveal trailer).

I'll start:
Smash Logo. Begins with a large shot of Bowser's. Cut to one of the hallways leading up to the throne room. A shadow is jumping between columns, taking down Goombas, Koopas, and other mooks. A lone Shy Guy stands alert, ready for a fight. The shadow vaults over the Shy Guy, taking it's mask off, and says, "I'll reveal your true form!" The shadow stands behind the Shy Guy and stands up, revealing Joker from Persona 5 as he summons Arsen behind him. Newcomer splash: "Joker steals the show!" Commence gameplay. Background music is Last Surprise. Joker's moveset revolves around the use of various Persona that can perform different attacks. Most of his attacks use Arsen, but he also uses series staples like Jack Frost and Jack-o"-Lantern. His final Smash has him pull out his model gun and shoot the opponent(s) in front of him, stunning them. Following that, he uses an All-Out Attack with Ryuji, Ann, and Morgana on those stunned. The post scene is Joker busting into the treasure room, which holds a kidnapped Princess Peach. Behind him you can hear Bowser roar. Trailer end.

I might make one for Sora if I can think of one.
Ooh, I got a few of those in Venus's thread here, but I had an idea for another one that requires two reveals in the same trailer...
...and I don't know how canon it is for one of the two...
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but since the announcement and all the fun news we got at E3 (including the Ridley reveal trailer proceeding just like the Smash4 trailers), I think this topic could be fun to bring back.

So here's my absolute dream trailer:

---

*Smash Logo appears with two slashes as in 4, but not with the fire* *yelp of a Wolf or other creature being killed from BotW*
*black BG opens up to reveal Link with his sword out (implying he just sliced the screen), with Ike (alt costume) and Robin (female) nearby. You don't see much background, but it looks mountanous.

Cut to the trio walking through a medieval-style town. Link is holding a few pieces of Gourmet meat, while the other two are just going along. As they walk, the camera pulls back to reveal it's actually set in Whiterun and they're walking up to the marketplace. Some of the civilians are recognizable, like Jon Battle-Born and Olava the Feeble.

A loud Dragon screech is heard and everyone looks around scared.

A dragon lands on top of the Bannered Mare. Link drops the meat and pulls out his bow. Ike and Robin get into fighting stances, as all of the civilians are running around screaming. The dragon rears up and shoots a fireball at our heroes...

Cut to everyone running toward the gates of town. Again, a few faces like Ysolda are recognizable. Nazeem trips and falls running. The camera stays near the ground as a pair of leather boots starts walking toward the dragon.

Everything starts to play out like the Skyrim Live-Action trailer. We follow the challenger toward the Dragon as we pan up to see his iconic helmet. When the Dragonborn is finally facing the dragon, the camera rotates around to show his face and he shouts...

Dovahkiin Shouts Down the Competition!

*Shortened version of Dovahkiin's theme starts as in-game footage is shown. A lot of standard attacks showing him being badass, but there are a few key comical vignettes:*
*Young Link shoots an arrow, which happens to hit Dovahkiin in the knee. He collapses as if a hidden Jigglypuff puts him to sleep*
*Dovahkiin and his female alt costume (looks like Lydia) are together with a Barrel between them. He taunts and runs off in one direction, while she picks up the barrel and slowly trudges after him*
*Dovahkiin's neutral special is a chargeable Unrelenting Force shout. He stands facing a Kirby wearing his iconic helmet and uses the lowest level "Fus" on him. Kirby is staggered but nothing much happens. Kirby then unleashes the fully-charged "Fus Ro Dah" and launches Dovahkiin*

*The set ends with Dovahkiin's final Smash on a new High Hrothgar stage. He uses the Call Dragon shout, and then channels Daenerys Targaryen and roasts the stage like in Game of Thrones' Loot Train attack.*

*Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Logo comes onscreen*

Cut back to Dovahkiin standing in the Whiterun market over the skeletal remains of the dragon. A piercing screech is heard, and the camera follows his view to a mountaintop, where Ridley is silhouetted against the sky. He jumps down and starts to fly towards the camera as it cuts to black.
Here’s a fun one I though of based on all of those fake leaks about Mario Kart DLC (or any of Mario’s spinoffs, really, it can be adapted)

It depends on K. Rool being revealed as DLC along with a few other characters.

After all of the character reveals for the DLC, they show the characters racing around the track. K. Rool breaks an item box and gets a shell. He throws it a bit too hard, and it takes off down the track, hits a bump, and goes airborne. The other kart racers (Mario, Peach, Daisy, DK, Diddy) stop and watch as the shell flies into the jumbotron. A colossal crash, it flickers and goes out.

Everyone stops to look at it, then stares at K. Rool. He puts his fingers in his mouth and whistles.

Up in the booth are two kritters like in DK64. They look around confused, and then just start headbutting every button in the booth. Eventually they hit something and the jumbotron blinks back on.

It shows the standard white Smash logo on a black screen. It crosses right where the crack in the screen is. Everyone looks around aghast, and K. Rool smiles evilly.

*K. Rool Krushes the Kompetition!*

The standard demonstration of him in Smash ends with his Final Smash (firing the Blast-o-matic), and then cuts back to K. Rool performing a victory lap around the kart course while the other fighters are all dazed and crashed into the sides.
*Black screen*
*The smash logo slowly gets burned away, before the entire screen dissolves into fire*

The screen zooms out to show a fireplace in a tavern. Loads of ambient tavern noise. We focus on a table where Link, Ike, and a barbarian with his back to us are sitting. The barbarian is telling war stories to the other two.

Each sentence he says cuts to a brief vignette of Simon killing creatures in various Castlevania games.

As he's talking about vampires, the camera circles around and shows his whip on the table. He leans back in his chair and the splash screen comes up.

*Cut into the quick series of vignettes of him fighting in Smash. Naturally, he spends most of his time fighting villains.*

The scene cuts back to the tavern. Link is suitably impressed, and Ike pours Simon another drink.
Ike: "Is there anything you can't do?"
Simon: "Well, there was one time I ended up in a vampire lair in the far north..."
*A flashback plays while the sound is Simon in the Tavern. Simon is crawling through caves in what looks like Smash Run or an Adventure mode. He is set upon by a horde of skeletal enemies. As they bash him around a lot, they all all of a sudden get blasted away*
Simon: "I had help there. Some other adventurer who just happened to be there. Had a voice like the devil himself. We've been on a few adventures since then. I invited him over; he should be here soon."

They all drink, and then the door bursts open. Link and Ike are shocked. We can't see the newcomer, but Simon becons him over. We can only see his shadow as he moves to the table. He puts down a large tankard (easily twice the size of everyone else's and his iconic helmet.
Dovahkiin: "You all want to see a real adventure?"

He downs the entire tankard and brings them all outside.

Cut to a mountaintop with the wour ready to fight. A huge dragon flies in and faces them. Link and Ike basically need their brown pants. Even Simon is apprehensive. Dovahkiin calmly puts on his helmet and shouts.

His splash art appears, and we cut immediately to the Smash Ultimate logo.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Everyone's been saying that K. Rool's ship is likely to be his home stage...
...and I'm just sitting here formulating how well a DK factory stage could work. Seriously, how come nobody has brought up the possibility of Kremkroc Industries or Frantic Factory as K. Rool's home stage?

Last edited:

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
I don't want Paper Mario in the game because I love the series too much and I know I would be disappointed with how they implement him (give me Vivian or give me death) but how sinful is it that we've made it this far without the plethora of amazing music from Paper Mario/SMRPG/Mario&Luigi.

I mean we've got like 9 Mario stages (excluding Luigi's Mansion) and I probably care for a whole 5 songs across all of them. Mario music just isn't that great.

Others that would be cool are Undertale, Banjo Kazooie, Chrono Trigger, Shovel Knight... I don't need the characters but I do need the music.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Make a reveal trailer for your most wanted newcomer(s). The trailer can have as many characters as you want, ranging from a simple trailer with 1 character (like Megaman or Wii Fit Trainer), to a complex trailer with 5 - 6 characters (like Brawl's reveal trailer).

I'll start:
Smash Logo. Begins with a large shot of Bowser's. Cut to one of the hallways leading up to the throne room. A shadow is jumping between columns, taking down Goombas, Koopas, and other mooks. A lone Shy Guy stands alert, ready for a fight. The shadow vaults over the Shy Guy, taking it's mask off, and says, "I'll reveal your true form!" The shadow stands behind the Shy Guy and stands up, revealing Joker from Persona 5 as he summons Arsen behind him. Newcomer splash: "Joker steals the show!" Commence gameplay. Background music is Last Surprise. Joker's moveset revolves around the use of various Persona that can perform different attacks. Most of his attacks use Arsen, but he also uses series staples like Jack Frost and Jack-o"-Lantern. His final Smash has him pull out his model gun and shoot the opponent(s) in front of him, stunning them. Following that, he uses an All-Out Attack with Ryuji, Ann, and Morgana on those stunned. The post scene is Joker busting into the treasure room, which holds a kidnapped Princess Peach. Behind him you can hear Bowser roar. Trailer end.

Here's one for Ashley!

Smash Logo. It's a dark and stormy night, outside of Luigi's mansion. Armed with the Poltergust 3000 Luigi warily tip-toes through the building, constantly checking for any ghosts behind him. While traveling through the mansion Luigi starts to hear strange sounds and notices a faint light coming from behind the door at the end of the hall, terrified but ever courageous, Luigi mans up and heads toward the door. He slowly, carefully reaches for the door knob as the noises get louder and more frightening until finally, Luigi opens the door and sees!...A little girl stirring behind a cauldron. Annoyed by this disturbance, the mysterious girl readies her wand for battle and! (Cue Newcomer splash)
ASHLEY SPELLS TROUBLE!
Cut to gameplay. Her backround music is, of course, Ashley's theme. Various clips of Ashley attacking foes with her wand transforming into various objects like a broom, a pitchfork, even a spoon! Her main gimmick would be potions, her down special would have her craft a potion of varying effects like speed, power, jump etc. Drinking the potion would buff her, but throwing it would weaken that characters attributes. Her Final Smash would have her bring out a potted plant, cast a spell on it, and have it transform into a giant monster plant spreading it's spiky vines across the stage and eating anyone that gets in its way. The post scene is Ashley holding a tea party with Red and a tied up, gagged Luigi. Trailer End.
Man, this was fun!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel obligated to make a joke about my avatar here, but nothing is coming. So uh, here's an image that sums up why we need that stage.

We could always use more dragons.
95443206-5DDC-48C8-ACFC-92116EBEA7E7.png

Does this count as a dragon joke?
I really wished that this was the Plateau's Final Destination form.
View attachment 154118
you better not be seriously saying this beauty isn’t an omega form
Mario music just isn't that great.
4F66C916-B948-476A-A3BB-4903E3E3F658.jpeg
something dumb I noticed because I pay too much attention to detail:
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/series.html
bayonetta's logo is from bayonetta 2 only and cloud's logo only implies him showcasing Final Fantasy 7

do what you will with this information
I’ve notice that also. Don’t know about FF7, but the Bayo 2 is probably due to her base costume being her design in 2
...and I'm just sitting here formulating how well a DK factory stage could work. Seriously, how come nobody has brought up the possibility of Kremkroc Industries or Frantic Factory as K. Rool's home stage?
Because people love boats

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So, not sure if anyone posted this yet but this happened today.
Adeleine's dream friend trailer for Star Allies finally came out but interestingly enough, all those old theories that Bandana Dee was the same Waddle Dee as the one in Kirby 64 just got a ton stronger because the end of the trailer implies it. Do you all think this affects his chances at all, or nah?
I'd prefer Gangplank Galleon personally, but I wouldn't disappointed if we ended up getting on of those instead, either of them would be utterly amazing in my opinion. Either way, I'm certain King K. Rool will bring a awesome stage with him if he gets in, there's just too much good material with him and his lairs not to.

KMDP

Smash Legend
bayonetta's logo is from bayonetta 2 only and cloud's logo only implies him showcasing Final Fantasy 7

Obviously, the only new Final Fantasy characters we'll be getting are Tifa, Zack and/or Sephiroth.

I just want Tifa, okay?

I'll start:

I feel obligated to quote my "Direct a Trailer" posts, since it contains a Sora one. I haven't done one for Isaac, who's my actual most wanted.
Scripted two trailers in the Official Ultimate Thread, decided to post 'em here. This is the first of the two.
Trailer Name: A Key Character for Smash
or
, depen
ding on region.

Music
Shots of cutscene clips and titles of Kingdom Hearts 1 to Dream Drop Distance.

Riku: Your mind's made up?
Sora: Yeah. It's just... they really need me. I have to go...
Shot of the Destiny Islands shoreline, there is a Keyblade half-buried in the sand. Sora walks up to it and picks it up, looking it over with a curious expression. He then checks the Keyblade's keychain, though the viewer can't see it yet. He plants the Keyblade into the sand and bends over, out of frame.
Sora: After all, they invited me.
Sora comes back into frame holding a letter-in-a-bottle, the bottle contains the same type of envelope that Villager received in the first Smash 4 trailer. As Sora goes to pull the cork out of the bottle, the camera pans down towards the Keyblade, now planted upright in the sand. The Keychain is a Smash Logo.

*SMASH BROS. SLASH*

Smash cut (heh...) back to Sora, who is reading the letter. He notices the camera, smiles and discards the letter, envelope and bottle, hoisting the Kingdom Key over his shoulder, posing for...

SORA
LOCKS ON TO BATTLE

Gameplay Footage

SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE
The trailer is intended to intentionally mislead the viewer into thinking it's a trailer for Kingdom Hearts III on the Switch until the 'Wham Line'. I feel it's a Sakurai-like thing to do. :laugh:
------------
Here's the second:
Trailer Title: A Digital Revolution
*Smash Bros. Slash*
The screen is pure darkness, after about a second of silence, a beeping starts. The view clears to show a classic Digimon V-pet sitting on the Smash 64 table amongst a collection of Amiibo. The camera gently pans towards the Digivice, showing an Agumon on the screen. The Digimon V-Pet initiates it's "BATTLE" sequence, and the camera zooms into the V-Pets' screen. Within the V-Pet, the Agumon is now facing off against a Pikachu.

Agumon begins charging a "Baby Flame"/"Pepper Breath" and right before he fires...

AGUMON
EVOLVES THE BATTLEFIELD
Agumon launches his attack, and the teailer seamlessly transitions into Gameplay footage.

SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman

A Xenoblade X stage

So we got 84 stages, assuming were getting big battlefield back thats 85. Then about several more returning stages that I think will return.
-Peach's Castle (64)
-Kongo Jungle (64)
-Mario Bros.
-Delfino Plaza
-Rainbow Road
-Paper Mario
-Jungle Hijinxs
-Pirate Ship
-Pyrosphere **(OR even Brinstar Depths)
-Yoshis island (Melee)
-Wooly World
-Fountain of Dreams
-Orbital Gate Assault
-Mute City (Melee)
-Gamer

This brings it up to a even 100. Then 10 new stages that I think can be plausible.
-DK Tropical Freeze Stage
-New Kirby Stage
-Starfox Zero Stage
-Xenoblade X Stage
-Pokemon Sun/Moon Stage
- Newcomer 1 Stage (Ex. Rhythm Heaven)
- Newcomer 2 Stage (Ex. ARMS)
- Newcomer 3 Stage (Ex. Castlevania)
- Newcomer 4 Stage (Ex. Tekken)
- Newcomer 5 Stage (Ex. Rayman Legends)

Which would be about 110. (A bit unrealistic but I can hope).

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
*AUX CALL PUSH SELECT*

Snake: Peach looks happy as ever despite being in a game like Smash, wouldn't you say? It's not like it's any better than getting kidnapped constantly, you instead just get beat up by others.

Mei Ling: She's got plenty of experience with defending herself, though, she's been around for quite a while in Smash and can definitely hold her own. Don't underestimate her innocent appearance, Snake.

Snake: Plus she's got that little Toad guy helping her out, and she even uses stuff like golf clubs and frying pans... Wait a minute, where do they even come from?

Mei Ling: She likely has plenty of space under her dress to store all of them, but I'm not too sure. Otherwise, it's probably a secret that should remain a secret.

Snake: Just like plenty of other things about women... by the way, remind me, what year were you born in?

Mei Ling: Nice try Snake, but you should never ask a women her age or her weight. You'll just have to find out yourself.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

Those make sense, since Bayonetta 2 is the one that Nintendo funded and Cloud is very specifically FFVII. Also worth nothing that Wario is for WarioWare and not Wario Land (which is kinda... ouch for Wario Land, but... it does give Ashley a better chance)

Noipoi

Howdy!
On the subject of new stages...

Ashley's Mansion (Wario)
Ultra Space (Pokemon)
Honeylune Ridge (Mario)
Forest Maze (Mario)
K Rool's ship (DK)
Snipperclips (Snipperclips)

These are more wants than predictions

Deep Sea Metro (Splatoon)
Land of the Livid dead (Rayman)