• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
On the Isaac support thread, @SonicLink125 posted this image; apparently, someone on Twitter (not SonicLink) compiled a Top 10 list for Reddit, 4Chan, GameFAQs, Source Gaming and this very site.
I work slow, so it might have already been done, but here's the list of all characters, and how many times they were voted for:

Waluigi (x5)
King K Rool (x5)
Bandana Dee (x5)
Crash (x4) (Reddit, 4chan, Source, SmashBoards)
Shovel Knight (x3) (Reddit, Source Gaming, SmashBoards)
Isaac (x4) (Reddit, 4chan, GameFAQs, SmashBoards)
Rex&Pyra (x4) (Reddit, GameFAQs, Source Gaming, SmashBoards)
Banjo (x3) (Reddit, 4chan, Source Gaming)
Ridley (x3) (GameFAQs, Source Gaming, SmashBoards)
Decidueye (x2) (Reddit, SmashBoards)
Bomberman (x2) (4chan, GameFAQs)
Dixie (x2) (GameFAQs, Smashboards)
Shantae (x2) (GameFAQs, Source)
Sora (x1) (Reddit)
Simon (x1) (4chan)
Ashley (x1) (4chan)
Marx (x1) (4chan)
Daisy (x1) (GameFAQs)
Rayman (x1) (Source)

Interesting that 4Chan had the most unique (meaning they were the only site to vote for that character) picks.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the biggest sleeper is Jack Frost. If another large company gets a rep in that isn't Ubisoft, it's likely to be Atlus, and Jack Frost would represent the SMT series in general as the series "Mascot". I also think Dillon is a character that while not likely, is more likely than most others seem to think.

While that leak is fake. I think Ayumi and Geno are the only 2 characters Sakurai ever admitted on a personal level he wanted playable in smash. If UT really is his last game, I wouldnt be surprised if he tries to get Ayumi in as a final character or something. Still like, not happening, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her.

KMDP

Smash Legend
>Travis
Fake

>Isaac
Fake

>Ayumi Tachibana
Fake

Not buying it
While I don't necessarily discount Travis and Ayumi or the leak being fake, what exactly about Isaac being on it makes the leak fake?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So Ashley's Story and level in Warioware Gold has been posted.

I really like her voice. Anyone know who voices her?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So Ashley's Story and level in Warioware Gold has been posted.

I really like her voice. Anyone know who voices her?
Someone guessed it was Erica Lindbeck (am I spelling that right?) a few pages back, and it does kinda sound like her

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Really, I’ve had a hunch that Vergeben would’ve been right about some stuff, even though I was trying to find ways to disconfirm him.

By the time E3 rolled around I was anticipating a Ridley and Simon Reveal. We got Ridley but at the end where Ridley looked back up, I though it would’ve been Simon Belmont that jumped up from the fire, but he wasn’t revealed.

I think at this point Vergeben has some credibility, I always though Ridley was a 50/50 situation since I felt that Ridley’s huge support would at least made Sakurai try to implement, but I would’be never have banked as hard as he did. I also had a 50/50 on Snake since he was so popular and Hideo Kojima still wanted him in, but Vergeben still doubled down on him.

So Vergeben has some, however it was noted that very few have a lot of information, and the information that gets passed down are just bits and pieces, so Vergeben’s Source is probably information passed down from other people until it reached to him.

Really, I think we have to take Vergeben into account when it comes to our prediction, but nothing is really set in stone yet. Although I hate him for spoiling a potential surprise Simon reveal.

@Tord the Red Leader, didn’t he say that 6 newcomers were going to be revealed alongside Simon? I doubt it’s six, but he did say it was the minimum, so there’s probably more to come.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
While I don't necessarily discount Travis and Ayumi or the leak being fake, what exactly about Isaac being on it makes the leak fake?
I just really doubt Isaac. Not only has his series been irrelevant for 8 years now, his series was canceled. It's not like Mother which ended how the creator wanted, the series just couldn't go on. While many will say that this Smash will prioritize decades-old fan favorites, I think it will still focus on being marketable. Bringing every veteran back no matter what creates the well-received "Everyone is here!" message of the game. Ridley is still a major part of a franchise that already exists in Smash and is getting a highly anticipated game soon (Metroid Prime 4).

We haven't seen much new yet, it's entirely possible the game will be filled with fan favorite newcomers. I just don't think the current reasonings for the game being that way are too valid and if anything they help solidify this being another Smash of adding recent significant characters or at least characters that would have a future. I'd have to see more out of the box additions when it comes to absolute pure deep fanbase fanservice to think Isaac is likely.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Gosh. that random flashing skull on her face will forever bug me. What even is that?
That random flash is supposed to show how deadly and powerful Ashley is and can be.

It flashed right when she said “Don’t worry I’ll take of it” despite the monster being “scary”.

Really I understood that on my first watch, is it really that confusing.
I have news for everyone:

A new game called Digimon Survive will be in Nintendo Switch and PS4.
Could it be a signal that Agumon would be in Smash Bros?

Link: https://withthewill.net/threads/20538-Digimon-Survive-for-PS4-and-Switch-Early-Info
No.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That worried me. They flashed Ashley’s skull specifically after they described how much of a glutton Hungry is. :ohwell:
Yeah. but why just randomly flash it?

Link: https://withthewill.net/threads/20538-Digimon-Survive-for-PS4-and-Switch-Early-Info
Don't think they'd let a Pokemon rip-off in smash tbh

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That worried me. They flashed Ashley’s skull specifically after they described how much of a glutton Hungry is. :ohwell:
It could be something that is a bit of a pun in Japanese, or otherwise had more of an effect in Japanese, but didn’t have the same effect when translated to English.

KMDP

Smash Legend

One can only hope.
I just really doubt Isaac. Not only has his series been irrelevant for 8 years now, his series was canceled. It's not like Mother which ended how the creator wanted, the series just couldn't go on. While many will say that this Smash will prioritize decades-old fan favorites, I think it will still focus on being marketable. Bringing every veteran back no matter what creates the well-received "Everyone is here!" message of the game. Ridley is still a major part of a franchise that already exists in Smash and is getting a highly anticipated game soon (Metroid Prime 4).

We haven't seen much new yet, it's entirely possible the game will be filled with fan favorite newcomers. I just don't think the current reasonings for the game being that way are too valid and if anything they help solidify this being another Smash of adding recent significant characters or at least characters that would have a future. I'd have to see more out of the box additions when it comes to absolute pure deep fanbase fanservice to think Isaac is likely.
Isaac hasn't been seen for eight years. Neither has K. Rool. Just saying.

Even if Donkey Kong Country is still ongoing, K. Rool himself has been, quote-unquote, "cancelled".

About Isaac being "absurdly pure deep fanservice", how many times do I have to keep saying this?: Golden Sun was a best-selling and highly rated game on the fourth best selling Nintendo console. Even if you, personally, don't care about Isaac, there are thousands who do.

Camelot's director has even said that they'd be willing to bring back Golden Sun if demand gets high enough. Dark Dawn failed partially because of lack of marketing, they probably expected Golden Sun's prior success to carry them, but by the time they released DD it had been several years since Lost Age had been released.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Off topic, but this is a very interesting interview that I just found about Dillon and it sounds pretty depressing.
https://kotaku.com/the-makers-of-nintendos-latest-hidden-gem-worry-people-1827687012
Honestly, it would be a shame if Dillon went the way of Chibi-Robo just because his game did not sell. It's not even Dillon's fault that his games are not that well known, as not only is the 3DS on the way out, but Nintendo didn't do anything to advertise Dead Heat Brakers.
I fear that WarioWare Gold will follow the same fate.
>we can't understand why our unadvertised digital only $40 game on a dead platform isn't selling
Seriously?

D

Deleted member

@Tord the Red Leader, didn’t he say that 6 newcomers were going to be revealed alongside Simon? I doubt it’s six, but he did say it was the minimum, so there’s probably more to come.
He did say "AT LEAST Half a Dozen" newcomers, but it didn't specify wheter those characters were echoes or not. Simon Belmont is only other character that he knows about.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I was trying to find the cutscene in Japanese and I couldn't find it.
I however did end up watching a playthrough of her minigames, and also watched the intro cutscene in Japanese. Wario's voice is still great in that, rest assured

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Daisy can't use a parasol or float, and Lucina shouldn't be fighting like Marth at all. I'm not saying that Dixie should be an echo but at least she could be one if Sakurai wanted to, she fits Diddy's body to a t, which is enough to be an echo. So I wouldn't say that it's fake just because Dixie doesn't have a unique moveset.
It's not that she doesn't have a unique moveset, but it would be rather silly if her main asset (her hair) is not utilized. She was created as a different option to Diddy in the first place, and her hair is her trademark. Imagine Link being in and not utilizing his sword. Dixie being an Echo is possible, yes, but HIGHLY unlikely. Red flags are raised if a leak lists K. Rool as a newcomer and Dixie as an Echo, as that is the scenario most uninformed people have in mind. And wrongly.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What do you think about Isaac being a Cloud's echo fighter?
Just as nonsensical as Dixie being a Diddy echo. For one, Isaac’s and Cloud’s swords aren’t even the same size. Two, passing up Isaac’s unique Psynergy abilities would be a waste.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What do you think about Isaac being a Cloud's echo fighter?
I think that's stupid and that the more we entertain this thought the more brain cells we lose.
It just feels a little bit too much like Pokemon to me.
Sorry if i sounded rude, didn't mean too.
Lol, if anything, Digimon was a tamogachi rip-off.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Pretty sure Digimon and Tamagotchi are made by the same company; they just made Digimon to appeal to boys, because Tamagotchi appealed to girls.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Agumon is cooler to be included in Smash Bros?

The inclusion of a Digimon character will start a ragestorm with Pokemon Fans.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
On the Isaac support thread, @SonicLink125 posted this image; apparently, someone on Twitter (not SonicLink) compiled a Top 10 list for Reddit, 4Chan, GameFAQs, Source Gaming and this very site.
Surprised this made it here. I'm actually the original creator of this image, and it has gone through a lot of iterations. I made it for 4chan's /v/ board. Although that one is a bit outdated, here's the most recent one with a fix for 4chan, because I previously listed Marx above Crash Bandicoot:
smashpolls.png
Considering it made it here, I'd like to ask a question that I also asked /v/. GameFAQs recently did a post E3 poll, that has different data from this list. My question is, should I replace the current GameFAQs data on the image with the new one?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I think that's stupid and that the more we entertain this thought the more brain cells we lose.

Do you played the Digimon's games?
The "Digimon is a Pokémon rip-off" opinion is so ignorant it isn't funny.
Just saw a lot of similarities between the Pokemon and Digimon and came to the conclusion the similarities weren't a coincidence. I'm not saying i hate it, and there's a strong possibility i could be wrong I'm just saying that's the vibe I'm getting from it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well, look at it this way. Even if the moveset isn't a perfect representation of Daisy, at least they did their best to emphasize her bubbly tomboy personality. That by itself helps Daisy establish her own identity.
And it's so damn lovely to watch everytime, I tell you.

It's just that due being an Echo, makes it feel like Daisy's using a "rental pass" to be in Smash, borrowing everything completely from someone else's kit just to be in the fray - especially since there's no history tied to them in any fashion, compared to previous Echoes like Lucina and Dark Pit, who at least use the weapons that you see in Smash in their canon games.. Exceptions end up being golf clubs and tennis rackets translating from Peach's arsenal seamlessly to Daisy, but the rest is just... not hers at all. Floating, using Toads and more is innately Peach's thing. and have canon sources on why. Hence why "rental pass"-part.

And who knows. Perhaps there's more to separate Daisy from Peach than we think. There's still quite a few moves we haven't seen yet, including her Final smash. Maybe there's an attack or two that will reference something like Super Mario Land.
I'm really praying we get something like that - maybe an unique Final Smash, that is.

Though I can't exactly expect something entirely drastic for general moves - just an alteration of specials through their attributes and other general variables (hitbox, knockback, etc), if you look at how Dark Pit's Electroshock Arm was modified like from Pit's Upperdash Arm.

Super Balls is closest I can think of taken from Super Mario Land, though I hope that's more on her using as Down B - but that looks like it'd take too much liberties to be an Echo. So I'm thinking something more like Mario Party's Dice Blocks as replacements for Vegetable.

If not, then all is not lost. So long as she's in Smash, there's always the possibility of Daisy further separating herself from Peach. Heck, maybe she'll even follow in Luigi's footsteps one day and become her own unique character. It's unlikely, yes, but it's still fun to imagine what an Echo Fighter would be like if they weren't a clone.
I kind of hope so - if I can, honestly. Seeing Lucina and Pittoo stay still same as in last game is making me feel like Daisy's not gonna ever change either, which might keep dampening my excitement on her in the next installments incase her differences to Peach don't end up making much... difference. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom