• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
This isn't exactly an echo and I don't think it has a snowball's chance in hell because of how long it would take to implement, but imagine that as a nice sort of Easter egg you'd be able to pick Ditto for mirror matches and he'd copy your opponent's character's moves and appearance but would have that adorable, dopey Ditto look on the character's face. And so things wouldn't get too confusing, the Ditto character would have a slight purple tint and you'd hear Ditto's sounds instead of the original character's.

If you can't imagine it for everyone (I have trouble picturing this for R.O.B., for example), then it'd work just for Squirtle, Ivysaur, Kirby, Toon Link, Pikachu, Pichu, Meta Knight (mask would be off), Ness, Lucas, Villager, Pac-Man, Olimar, the Ice Climbers, Inklings, and Jigglypuff. These characters have big heads and/or large, simple faces and you'd see the Ditto on them more easily.

edit: by "pick ditto" I mean either player can choose him as an alt when they're both on the same character. I actually think maybe this would work better as a Pokeball Pokemon but I don't think it's likely.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's perfectly natural. We all have our internal move-sets and when characters don't match them it can be disappointing.
Disappointed can be one thing.
Saying they ruined it or messed it up is another.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
On this day one month ago: Nintendo officially revealed Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

About one or two weeks later I decided to start the 4chan Smash "Leaks" Character Count, a passion project where I would document every leak to
  • Compare them to actual reveals
    AND
  • See if any of them turn out to be true.
So, how have things turned out since then?

To start, a total of 212 "leaks" have been documented, of which 32 have either been lost or disproven. Within those 202 different characters have been mentioned as potential newcomers in Smash Bros. Ultimate.

The current top 10 characters are as follows:
  1. King K. Rool with 133 mentions (62.73% of leaks)
  2. Simon Belmont with 111 mentions (52.35% of leaks)
  3. Dixie Kong with 69 mentions (32.54% of leaks)
  4. Shadow with 68 mentions (32.07% of leaks)
  5. Dark Samus with 62 mentions (29.24% of leaks)
  6. Ashley with 57 mentions (26.88% of leaks)
  7. Geno with 56 mentions (26.41% of leaks)
  8. Elma and Isabelle with 36 mentions (16.98% of leaks)
  9. Banjo & Kazooie with 31 mentions (14.62% of leaks)
  10. Ray-Man with 29 mentions (13.67% of leaks)
I'd like to thank you guys for your support during this project. I'm honestly surprised at how big this has gotten, and I'm glad that I can bring discussion to this board in any way I can.
Thank you so much for traveling the depths of the internet to find out all this information! It takes a lot of work and dedication and your determination should not be understated. Very few people would put as much work into this as you do and that is extremely commendable. Thank you for all your hard work!

I'm sad bandana dee isn't on leak lists tho. :( plz i just want my waddle dee.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If Nintendo would announce an announcement, hell even if it was 3 months away, it'd make the waiting just a tiny bit easier.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I just want an intro that's as good as Melee's. A good intro to go with a good song elevates both SO much more. Intros like this or this can tie the songs and cinematic so closely together that they're inseparable.
(And yes, I know Melee is literally just the E3 trailer)
Melee was also the last game where the narrator shouted the title at the end of the opening cinematic. That'd be cool if they brought that back, especially with a title like "Ultimate."

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thank you so much for traveling the depths of the internet to find out all this information! It takes a lot of work and dedication and your determination should not be understated. Very few people would put as much work into this as you do and that is extremely commendable. Thank you for all your hard work!

I'm sad bandana dee isn't on leak lists tho. :( plz i just want my waddle dee.
He's there, just not in the top 10. He's a tie for 12th place with Funky Kong at 27 mentions (12.73%).

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
:') he's got a chance still!!! Out of curiosity though whose eleventh?

Thank you for all your hard work again!

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
On this day one month ago: Nintendo officially revealed Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

About one or two weeks later I decided to start the 4chan Smash "Leaks" Character Count, a passion project where I would document every leak to
    AND

To start, a total of 212 "leaks" have been documented, of which 32 have either been lost or disproven. Within those 202 different characters have been mentioned as potential newcomers in Smash Bros. Ultimate.

I'd like to thank you guys for your support during this project. I'm honestly surprised at how big this has gotten, and I'm glad that I can bring discussion to this board in any way I can.
On top of keeping all of these leaks VERY well documented, you're really helping in giving us plenty of discussion topics throughout the dryspell of news.

Keep it up man, I know a lot of us appriciate it.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
:') he's got a chance still!!! Out of curiosity though whose eleventh?

Thank you for all your hard work again!
I'll just extend to the top 20. To start, Decidueye jumped to #9 and kicked Banjo & Kazooie down to 10th and Rayman down to...
11. Rayman (29 mentions)
12. Tie between Bandana Dee & Funky Kong (27 mentions)
13. Rex and/or Pyra and Mythra (26 mentions)
14. Chrom (25 mentions)
15. Ninten (24 mentions)
16. Chorus Kids (23 mentions)
17. Tie between Spring Man and Heihachi (20 mentions)
18. Isaac (19 mentions)
19. Paper Mario (18 mentions)
20. Steve (17 mentions)

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman

AND

if this is the entire newcomers list i will start to cry until i bleed, cause, i always wanted banjo and kazui, i always wanted ashley, many of my friends wanted and still wait very sad for ray man king k rool and shadow, and i would LOVE simon belmont and dark samus, honestly if this is how the game ends up its pretty much perfect for me and would many of my friends happy

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
Decided to post all my current opinions on what i want and don't want for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and who i will be playing mostly.
Completed.png
ps. the random Golden Bone is a item that when thrown will summon the Polterpup, who will trip up anyone who he runs past.

If you lot wanna do one of these i got a template below.
Questionaire.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
After not even bothering to tell us what the patch notes were in Smash4 I guess this is to be expected from them skdjfhsjkfhsk
"Guys, X character is TOOOOOTALLY buffed!"

1 day later

X character was not buffed

Everyone now has mixed info and misinformation.

Thanks Smash balance team.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

AND

Right on my dude. That is some insane dedication. Just out of curiosity, how many Waluigi mentions are there? I feel like I see him frequently.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Decided to post all my current opinions on what i want and don't want for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and who i will be playing mostly.
View attachment 152961ps. the random Golden Bone is a item that when thrown will summon the Polterpup, who will trip up anyone who he runs past.

If you lot wanna do one of these i got a template below.
Some of those images you obtained tho (especially that Krookodile *shivers*)

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
I just want an intro that's as good as Melee's. A good intro to go with a good song elevates both SO much more. Intros like this or this can tie the songs and cinematic so closely together that they're inseparable.
(And yes, I know Melee is literally just the E3 trailer)
well you are right indeed, i must say brawl had amazing music, and melee has the best opening scenerie combined with the music,
so if i could choose make music that breaks brawl in epicness however also has gives the amazing sensation of wonder, epicness, heroism, villainy, grand combat between legends
and a very nice and romantic cinematic that goes along with that, which is what melee did in perfection

the key word here is romantic, in form of charming and adding to each other
the main theme we got so far worked for the trailer it was ment for, but wont cut for the main game i think, sad but well thats how it is

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Right on my dude. That is some insane dedication. Just out of curiosity, how many Waluigi mentions are there? I feel like I see him frequently.
Waluigi is 21st place (might as well extend the rankings to 1 mention hell lol) with 16 mentions.

More recently he's been mentioned as the "joke character" or the first DLC character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If Nintendo would announce an announcement, hell even if it was 3 months away, it'd make the waiting just a tiny bit easier.
Not for me

AND

I'll just extend to the top 20. To start, Decidueye jumped to #9 and kicked Banjo & Kazooie down to 10th and Rayman down to...
11. Rayman (29 mentions)
12. Tie between Bandana Dee & Funky Kong (27 mentions)
13. Rex and/or Pyra and Mythra (26 mentions)
14. Chrom (25 mentions)
15. Ninten (24 mentions)
16. Chorus Kids (23 mentions)
17. Tie between Spring Man and Heihachi (20 mentions)
18. Isaac (19 mentions)
19. Paper Mario (18 mentions)
20. Steve (17 mentions)
No Viridi = RIGGED

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here’s my hot take:

Zero Suit Samus’s Ultimate render looks way better than her actual in game model. Something just seems really off about it, I have a feeling it’s either the eyes or lips.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If you do, please do me a solid and play Inkling on Boxing Ring, I'd like to know their special ring name. All the other characters who weren't in Smash 4 we already know, except them.
I'm more than a bit late, I remembered someone asking this as I looked through new footage today.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Here’s my hot take:

Zero Suit Samus’s Ultimate render looks way better than her actual in game model. Something just seems really off about it, I have a feeling it’s either the eyes or lips.
So...the opposite of Snake

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
The wait is a little tiring. I've been keeping busy playing Sm4sh, as well as cataloging all of the Characters/Stages/Assist Trophies/Pokeballs/Music from the first 4 games and cross-referencing it with what we have confirmed so far. Finally finished today :p

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The wait is a little tiring. I've been keeping busy playing Sm4sh, as well as cataloging all of the Characters/Stages/Assist Trophies/Pokeballs/Music from the first 4 games and cross-referencing it with what we have confirmed so far. Finally finished today :p
But what about all the Characters/Stages/Assist Trophies/Pokeballs/Music from other Smash games that AREN'T in Smash 4? :yoshi:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
But what about all the Characters/Stages/Assist Trophies/Pokeballs/Music from other Smash games that AREN'T in Smash 4? :yoshi:
All accounted for.

It's a complete list of everything that's been in Smash so far, all organized by series and color-coded based on whether they're NEW/RETURNING/UNCONFIRMED :)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
"Guys, X character is TOOOOOTALLY buffed!"

1 day later

X character was not buffed

Everyone now has mixed info and misinformation.

Thanks Smash balance team.
I remember the wiki had a fake buff for :4jigglypuff: up for like a month, do any of you guys remember when she got the 1% Rest damage buff? If you do, congratulations, it never happened.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
this isn't related to the current discussion, but i just watched this and now i'm a link main

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So, how does premium work exactly? Does it renew once it's ran out, or do i have to renew it each time?
It renews automatically. You can cancel it like any other subscription.

this isn't related to the current discussion, but i just watched this and now i'm a link main

Holy ****! That is not Smash 4 Link oml. He can even kick his bomb to send it out and ****. I might be a Link main, too. That Jab into bomb into Fair was sooooo clean.

I love how fast the game looks. It feels exciting which is a feeling I haven't had with 4 in a long time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just had a saddening thought:

What if Ashley is still and AT, and they show her off on the Smash Blog on Wario Ware Gold's release date?

...Dangit, now I'm gonna be nervous that Friday instead of being excited to play a new Wario Ware. Why do I do this to myself? lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Holy ****! That is not Smash 4 Link oml. He can even kick his bomb to send it out and ****. I might be a Link main, too. That Jab into bomb into Fair was sooooo clean.

I love how fast the game looks. It feels exciting which is a feeling I haven't had with 4 in a long time.
Dangit xD

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies

i'm so excited for smash ultimate it's ridiculous. Link looks so good. Everyone looks so good!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I just had a saddening thought:

What if Ashley is still and AT, and they show her off on the Smash Blog on Wario Ware Gold's release date?

...Dangit, now I'm gonna be nervous that Friday instead of being excited to play a new Wario Ware. Why do I do this to myself? lol
I dunno. Last I heard they hadn't shown Ashley at all in Warioware Gold. Me thinks its because they plan on showing her off along with a Smash reveal.

"But they've never done reveals like that!" Yeah, but I'm gonna keep thinking they will anyway. :grin:

i'm so excited for smash ultimate it's ridiculous. Link looks so good. Everyone looks so good!
I'm just happy that Link can actually RUN. He was sooooo unbareably slow in 4. Now I'm wishing Robin will get the same treatment. I loved Robin's concept but they were just sooooo slooooooooow. This game is gonna be great.

Also, not to change the subject to Daisy, but apparently in her reveal in the "Everyone is here!" trailer it was said that her moves do have different properties.....so she is still at least slightly different.....somehow....why can't they ever just be specific.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

boy i can't wait for 2/3 of the other roster we haven't seen to be stronger than link

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
/v/ made a compilation of stage requests for smash, there are lots of weird ones but I thought it was worth posting it:

D

Deleted member

I dunno. Last I heard they hadn't shown Ashley at all in Warioware Gold. Me thinks its because they plan on showing her off along with a Smash reveal.

"But they've never done reveals like that!" Yeah, but I'm gonna keep thinking they will anyway. :grin:
That would be so good, ha ha. I've learned never to say never with Nintendo; they tend to be the kings of left field, so you never know!

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
As for a WTF character, what about an NES remix character? I saw it in a (fake) leak once and have been interested ever since. It could be a game and watch character for NES games that might not have enough depth for a full moveset such as Urban Champion, Excite Bike, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom