• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pffft. Please, we all know Shulk's got nothin' on Link and Mario. And we all know the TRUE husbando is swim suit Wario. :ultwario:
You've heard of the Mario Nipple craze in Odyssey, now get ready for "Wario's Disgusting Back Warts"

D

Deleted member

Now we can really tell you never played Xenoblade
Yeah I never have.
I know Shulk has a girlfriend but I never really played Xenoblade.
Never interested me. All though I do have XC1 but I never play it.
Plus I wanted to pull my card and make a joke.

I am just saying, if Shulk and his girlfriend are in the......
Yes she will not really be feeling it even if she loves Shulk a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I would say I like Shulk as a character more than a lot of others seem to, I think he's got an interesting personality, background, growth, etc. compared to a lot of other RPG leads. His emotional growth leads to one of the best cutscenes in the game with him, Dunban, and Metal Face...

however, Shulk still loses out to the vast majority of the XC1 cast. Dunban, Melia, Reyn, and Mecha Fiora all are way more compelling characters to me than Shulk is, and Riki's like the only successful Nopon they've done imo. The standard in the first game for characters is pretty high so not a terrible loss for Shulk. I like him a lot, but I like his friends better /shrug

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My word why.

If anything takes us back to T rating, it'll probably be that...
I actually know a funny set of Wario videos that's super cringe, but laughable cringe.

Slavic

the only problem with the Xenoblade cast is that

Vangarre isn't playable

EDIT - or visible apparently

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So, I think they're gonna sneak in one traditional fighting character every Smash Bros iteration. Last time it was Ryu. This time, Heihachi? Next time, Yoshimitsu.
Eventually, the game will just end up being a traditional fighter with Nintendo characters as guests.

This is the future where the fighting game scene finally calls Smash a fighting game

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Topic: What single newcomer would make you 100% satisfied of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? For me, if one of these characters became playable:

1. Professor Layton
2. Tom Nook (Which is not happening as of this game)
3. Prince Sable
4. Lip

...I would be content with the roster. The former two I personally believe belong in Smash as playable fighters for what they represent within their franchise and their history with Nintendo. The latter two I would love to see in for a potential retro revival. For the Frog the Bell Tolls and Panel de Pon are the only dormant Nintendo franchises I immensely care about returning more than any other, I do not want them to stay Japan-only forever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys I know Shulk has a girlfriend, I know some stuff about Xenoblade.
I was just joking.
Waaah. :ultwario:
I'd laugh my *** off if Steve not only got in the game but also became top tier.
I think it's obvious who i'd main if they got in.
Steve
Steve Harvey?
I actually know a funny set of Wario videos that's super cringe, but laughable cringe.
Arigarmy, I do not feel so good...
Really, why did you have to show me this trash?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Riki's like the only successful Nopon they've done imo.
So full disclosure, I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but man...what little I knew about Tora made me kinda like him in the beginning, and then he just got worse and worse the more people said about him.

Like I'm not trying to kinkshame a Furby or anything, but some of the stuff I heard he made Poppi do flings him too far into the "depraved pervert with no boundaries" territory.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Topic: What single newcomer would make you 100% satisfied enough of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? For me, if one of these characters became playable:

1. Professor Layton
3. Prince Sable
4. Lip

...I would be content with the roster. The former two I personally believe belong in Smash as playable fighters for what they represent within their franchise and their history with Nintendo. The latter two I would love to see in for a potential retro revival. For the Frog the Bell Tolls and Panel de Pon are the only dormant Nintendo franchises I immensely care about returning more than any other, I do not want them to stay Japan-only forever.
I'm already content with the roster buuuuuut since you asked anyway I'll say it again:

If Mimikyu gets in I will never ask Sakurai for anything ever again.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Topic: What single newcomer would make you 100% satisfied enough of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? For me, if one of these characters became playable:

1. Professor Layton
3. Prince Sable
4. Lip

Ashley!
Seriously I don't care who else gets in after her (aside from memes), if she's in that's all I need!
But I didn't have to tell you that :).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
>Shovel Knight Treasure Trove and Shantae HGH Ultimate are hot topics right now
>neither of the two show up in the Top 20 fake leak bandwagon
I call shenanigans.
"Right now" is the keyword.

The roster was finalized in 2015.

Shantae will likely be our indie rep if we get one though. It's between her and Reimu, and comes to whether they want to represent Japanese indies or American indies.

Topic: What single newcomer would make you 100% satisfied of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? For me, if one of these characters became playable:

1. Professor Layton
3. Prince Sable
4. Lip

Sora. That's it. That's all I want.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So full disclosure, I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but man...what little I knew about Tora made me kinda like him in the beginning, and then he just got worse and worse the more people said about him.

Like I'm not trying to kinkshame a Furby or anything, but some of the stuff I heard he made Poppi do flings him too far into the "depraved pervert with no boundaries" territory.
I'm not even sure I want to know. I just got him and Poppi as party members, and the stuff that I've seen from that alone is already... questionable.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

1. Professor Layton
3. Prince Sable
4. Lip

Are we talking 100% satisfied "Never ask for anything from me ever again" levels of this?

Slavic

it especially sucks because Poppi is my favorite story blade after Brighid, so her being paired with him is just... uncomfortable for me

D

Deleted member

Topic: What single newcomer would make you 100% satisfied of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? For me, if one of these characters became playable
Honestly, I am already satisfied with Ultimate how it is.
We got Ridley and the Inklings. I am excited for more newcomers.
Goku would be really cool though.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

1. Professor Layton
3. Prince Sable
4. Lip

I just need K. Rool. My top three most wanted characters, for this game and Smash 4, were Snake, Ridley, and K. Rool. Getting all three of them at once, and having every veteran returning on top of that, would be more than enough for me to be satisfied with this roster.

D

Deleted member

Shantae will likely be our indie rep if we get one though. It's between her and Reimu, and comes to whether they want to represent Japanese indies or American indies..
Who's Reimu? I'm pretty good with indie characters, but I can't seem to remember that one...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yes, if that is how you want to interpret it.
Okay then.

Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles, I've stated why I've wanted this character many times in the past, she's unique, important, and Monolith Soft still has interest in using the character, and goes along well as Shulk's counterpart. Honestly of all characters over time I just fell in love more and more with the idea of having her in Smash, she's a great fit and I really could see her becoming a fan favorite if they were to ever add her.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Reimu is a /v/ meme as far as I'm concerned with Smash characters.
That means NEVER EVER, no offense. :reverse:

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Who's Reimu? I'm pretty good with indie characters, but I can't seem to remember that one...
She's the poster child of the Touhu franchise, which is massively popular in Japan (it has it's own section at Comiket, a massive Japanese fan event, if that means anything). You might also know it as the bullet-hell genre. Here's an example of one of the games:
Reimu is a /v/ meme as far as I'm concerned with Smash characters.
That means NEVER EVER, no offense. :reverse:
Nah dude the /v/ memes right now are (still) Big Maring and Peri in Smash Bros. Reimu could (surprisingly) actually happen. I'd still give her very low chances though.

Or maybe I'm finally beginning to lose it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom