• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Elma gets confirmed you bet your sweet ass I’m maining her lmao

If Simon and Waddle Dee make it, they’d probably be added to my growing list of secondaries.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I'll be sticking with zelda probably because i am a masochist who hates himself. Unless Dee gets in. But i said the same thing with rosalina and I ended up winding my way back to zelda eventually. We'll see i guess.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
/v/ made a compilation of stage requests for smash, there are lots of weird ones but I thought it was worth posting it:
>Cuphead
>Fallout
>Isaac
Not even /v/ would make such impossibly improbable requests.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is the closest I have to a main, but honestly there’s at least a dozen characters I like playing as actively, and many more that I drift to from time to time. Variety is the spice of life :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There are a few characters that could get revealed that are possible that would certainly make me look at Ridley, my 17 year want and go ''You know buddy, at least you can be a secondary now. Peace!"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I ended up maining Mac. In the endgame.

I don't know how, I used to main Shulk (he still has my most played count in my Smash 4 records) but now I barely touch him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll just extend to the top 20. To start, Decidueye jumped to #9 and kicked Banjo & Kazooie down to 10th and Rayman down to...
11. Rayman (29 mentions)
12. Tie between Bandana Dee & Funky Kong (27 mentions)
13. Rex and/or Pyra and Mythra (26 mentions)
14. Chrom (25 mentions)
15. Ninten (24 mentions)
16. Chorus Kids (23 mentions)
17. Tie between Spring Man and Heihachi (20 mentions)
18. Isaac (19 mentions)
19. Paper Mario (18 mentions)
20. Steve (17 mentions)
>Shovel Knight Treasure Trove and Shantae HGH Ultimate are hot topics right now
>neither of the two show up in the Top 20 fake leak bandwagon
I call shenanigans.

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
I'd absolutely main any of my top 5(especially since one would likely be an Echo of Ness) but my most wanted Karate Joe!!? Oh man even if it was a different character, they can be bottom tier garbage and I'm still maining em!

D

Deleted member

Honestly, if it weren't for the Inklings, Wario would still probably stay my main. But the Woomys, man. THE WOOMYS. You can't just say no to the Woomys!

So yeah, Wario's gonna join Luigi as another secondary of mine. Along with the 30 other some characters I pick up and play because I'm terrible at picking a character and sticking with them in games like this. I may have a problem...

D

Deleted member

I used to be a :4charizard: main and then I became a :4mewtwo: main and then around December 2016 I became a :4cloud2: main.
:4charizard: and :4mewtwo: are still my secondaries though.
I ended up maining Mac. In the endgame.

I don't know how, I used to main Shulk (he still has my most played count in my Smash 4 records) but now I barely touch him.
A lot of people here like :ultshulk:. Like a lot. :lol:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Honestly, if it weren't for the Inklings, Wario would still probably stay my main. But the Woomys, man. THE WOOMYS. You can't just say no to the Woomys!

So yeah, Wario's gonna join Luigi as another secondary of mine. Along with the 30 other some characters I pick up and play because I'm terrible at picking a character and sticking with them in games like this. I may have a problem...
Same. I finally settled on Palutena but even just her isn't enough. Doesn't help that she has a super linear playstyle.

:ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultvillager::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsheik::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultroy::ultpalutena::ulticeclimbers::ultlink: are all on my radar as potential mains. Ashley will join them if she is revealed. If Mimikyu gets revealed then everyone else is automatically secondary material.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As a guy who secondaries Shulk in Smash 4, I'd like to inquire how much do people like him?
In Xenoblade?
I mean he's like one of the lower interesting playable characters. I'd rather play as the tried and true Reyn-Riki-Dunban squad NGL

D

Deleted member

Same. I finally settled on Palutena but even just her isn't enough. Doesn't help that she has a super linear playstyle.

:ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultvillager::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsheik::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultroy::ultpalutena::ulticeclimbers::ultlink: are all on my radar as potential mains. Ashley will join them if she is revealed. If Mimikyu gets revealed then everyone else is automatically secondary material.
Man, I hope Palutena is better in this game. I wanted to like her so much back on 3DS and Wii U, but she just felt..off. It could've just been me playing her poorly, though. :p

I also hope Pichu is really good too, as the idea of seeing Pichus at tournaments is hilarious to me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Marth, Mac, and Mewtwo (maybe Mario too but he's far more dependent on how he plays game-to-game) are always gonna be my main three, UNLESS Chrom and/or Celica got in. Then those three will be my secondary trio I guess. :p

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If any of the characters in my signature were to be confirmed, I would add each and every one to my mains list.

Honorable mention goes to Tetra but she's my pipedream.

D

Deleted member

Marth, Mac, and Mewtwo (maybe Mario too but he's far more dependent on how he plays game-to-game) are always gonna be my main three, UNLESS Chrom and/or Celica got in. Then those three will be my secondary trio I guess. :p
Marth has been my secondary in Melee, Brawl and Smash 4 as well as in Ultimate.
So..... We both like Marth.

When will you Marth ditto me?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Anyone who doesn't main Captain Falcon gets no cookies.
But I like cookies. :c

I...uh...mess around with him off and on in Melee and Wii U. Does that count?

I wonder how much longer the Blog's gonna keep revisiting stuff from E3. Music has been the only new stuff they've shown off so far.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Anyone who doesn't main Captain Falcon gets no cookies.
I try to main him but I can never get him down right, I overshoot grabs and miss combos usually.

Anyone who doesn't main Ness or Lucas is... a-okay it's a matter of opinion, not a big deal.
I main Ness and Linguini in 64/Melee. Not really that good with them in other games though. I don't think I'd be good with Ninten/Giygas if they were made into Echoes either.

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
I actually kinda doubt the Giygas as Mewtwo echo theory, I feel all echos will match series since they're next to eachother on the site and presumably CSS

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
No lie some days I get so bored that I go Falcon and try to 5 stock a friend of mine over and over. He's great. Never gets mad at me, just impressed when I do 5-stock him. xD

Of course if he didn't play Falcon with me it would be a lot harder but still.

So, point is I kinda secondary Falcon. I don't ever pull him out for tournaments, though. I think he's my second most played character on my console otherwise.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
My most wanted goes in this order:

1. Fiora
2. Bandana Dee and Ashley (Tie)
3. Dixie Kong
4. Bomberman
5. Tetra

Whether or not they have a shot I don't care (Sorry Tetra), I just want them all in Smash at some point.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah every other playable Xenoblade character can do that.
Dunban/Reyn > Shulk
Just kiddin' just kiddin' :p

You all know I am a top tier legendary. :kappa:

That is my Shulk alt when I play him.
He has a small crotch though.
That's an odd comment. xD looks fine to me...

Go to "Preferences" and find the "Post Background" option
Also, I'll need to cancel this later, how do i do that? And what are some other stuff i can do with these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom