• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I wish but I don't think so, where does the rumors come from?
4chan i believe on July 10th it was posted.

a day later someone posted on reddit that they found a pikachu funko pop at target that was accidentally shipped out of the warehouse early and placed on the shelf.

today nintendo tweetsa a video in which it says mario kart 8 deluxe will be getting "further updates so look forward to it"

This leak has fallout 76 and final fantasy 7 remake coming to switch as well as a mother 3 remake...it seems WAY to good, and yet its guessing the unguessable. perhaps its some real info mixed in with some fake stuff? an insanely good guess? or we are about to get the best nintendo direct of all time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Final Fantasy 7 Remake, for Switch?

Can the switch even run this?

There are probably some real stuff like the MK8D DLC, Funkos, but man if all of this game true. I need that Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Switch.

Althought the King K. Rool and Dixie Kong isn’t what I want for the next Smash reveal, but oh well.
If it’s scaled down to 1080p/720p, I don’t see why not. 4K is just a luxury nowadays tbh and never required

The Kirbyister

Smash Apprentice
No crying until the end.

Update on the "Most Supported" list; I've currently got a list of 53 characters listed (10 of which are only estimations), plus 7 characters who don't have support lists. I'm only on page 2 of 14 of Newcomer Speculation threads. :psycho:
Is Marx and Zero ultimately voted for?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
So I was wondering what your reactions would be if....

1) if the release date is delayed to Spring 2019
2) if we never got Mewtwo, Dr Mario, Lucas, or Roy in Smash 4 in light of everyone returning for Ultimate.
3) if the game was clearly stated by Sakurai as being a port of Smash 4.
4) if we only saw a handful of veterans plus the three newcomers yet get daily veteran reveals via daily blogs. So some characters are revealed through the daily blog.
5) if Sakurai announced that this is his last Smash game.
6) if the three revealed newcomers were the only ones
I'm gonna answer a few of these.

1. I have thought about the possibility of that happening and I seriously hope it doesn't, but if it does then so be it.

5. It would be sad but I could see it happening for real. Sakurai has really worked himself to the ground to give us the best Smash experience with each entry and he deserves a long break. Plus, Ultimate seems to be the best way to end (at least the Sakurai era) Smash Bros with a bang.

6. Personally, I would be ok with it but I would be saddened that other newcomers that I and others have hoped for never ended up making it in. That being said, I find that scenario unlikely with DLC being a high possibility in the future and we still have a few months left for new additions to the base game.

D

Deleted member

Again, I just don't see them bothering to change the Magypsy designs
They shouldn't have to though. Just change the script if you really want to avoid the issue. They didn't change the design of the Insane Cultist in EarthBound (who is literally a blue KKK member) and that game was re-released with a T rating. Even then, changing character designs for localization isn't completely unheard of. The German release of Contra completely redesigns all the enemies to be robots, for example. There's also Jynx, though Jynx's purple skin became its official color scheme pretty quickly. This scenario is also a remake, where redesigning the Magipsies would be fair game.

Granted, I don't think a Western release of Mother 3 will ever happen, let alone a 3D remake.

Last edited by a moderator:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
To play devils advocate, you could honestly use that funko argument for the direct timing. Just because it's never happened before in the past doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen. Honestly, I'd be shocked if it happened, but you'd think people wouldn't fake a leak with a Sunday reveal when that's never been the case before.
Thats sorta the thing...its guessing REAL stuff, yet it has leak poison in it. you'd never fake leak some of this stuff and think youd be taken seriously so why even fake the leak?

even something from this leak we now know is real (funko pops) would immediately make someone write it off... i dont know what to think here.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
One thing about the Mario Kart DLC that stands out to me is.

Would they not continue the trend of guest characters from outside the Mario Expanded Universe?

Surely they could throw in like Kirby and Dedede or even something crazy like Marth for Fire Emblem.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Funko Pops are indeed a weird thing to get right. This "leak" sounds pretty cool. Wouldn't be surprised if it was wrong though.

I guess we just have to hold out for another 10 days to see for sure. Or fewer, cuz Nintendo usually announces directs a bit in advance.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wait a second, Nomura said they wouldn’t consider releasing Kingdom Hearts 3 on Switch until after it’s release...

Now I’m starting to doubt this big time.

MainJPW

M.T.A

Would they not continue the trend of guest characters from outside the Mario Expanded Universe?

Surely they could throw in like Kirby and Dedede or even something crazy like Marth for Fire Emblem.
They could also do Captain Falcon, they already got Mute City.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
4chan i believe on July 10th it was posted.

a day later someone posted on reddit that they found a pikachu funko pop at target that was accidentally shipped out of the warehouse early and placed on the shelf.

today nintendo tweetsa a video in which it says mario kart 8 deluxe will be getting "further updates so look forward to it"

This leak has fallout 76 and final fantasy 7 remake coming to switch as well as a mother 3 remake...it seems WAY to good, and yet its guessing the unguessable. perhaps its some real info mixed in with some fake stuff? an insanely good guess? or we are about to get the best nintendo direct of all time.
Don't forget Pokemon Let's Go just released a trailer that showed the "initial" cities and gyms in the Kanto region. Meanwhile this leak says that there's going to be a new trailer, which will progressively show the cities and gyms that specifically come after the ones we just were shown. I think this is a massive lead to the leak, because I don't think anyone would have guessed that accurately. (Rather, they would have probably assumed we would have gotten the content from the latest trailer would be the first thing they show for Let's Go in a new Nintendo Direct)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

I agree that Kirby would make sense. KDDD would be cute too.
Still, I want to see more DK and WarioWare characters cross over. Give me that Ashley, Orbulon, and Lanky Kong.

The Jim Jims

Smash Cadet
If this new leak is true it effectively confirms the ambiguous "lul here ill make up codenames for ****" (assuming king k rool and ponytail are rool and dixie aka yes they are)

if that's the case... **** dude

but i have my doubts. wtf funko??

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
FF7R is so far off that we'll probably be on the Switch's successor by the time it releases.
They had to restart development of that already and we've seen barely anything from it.

You're so cute. Thinking Nintendo will actually let Captain Falcon race again.
We'll get an F-Zero beat 'em up from the Yakuza devs instead.
And it will be ****ing glorious.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is Marx and Zero ultimately voted for?
As the list currently stands, Marx is in 17th place. Not sure about Zero because either I haven't gotten to him yet, or he doesn't have a thread.
---
To go into more detail about the listing.
Bandana Dee, Shadow the Hedgehog, Krystal, Ninten, Meowth, Banjo & Kazooie, Midna, Impa, Reimu, Celica and Agumon all have estimations based on either first post likes, or my personally counting the support because there weren't that many posts.
Isabelle, Adeleine, Rex & Pyra, Ray Man, Master Chief, Shovel Knight and Sora lack support lists, and insufficient first post likes compared to the number of actual posts.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wait a second, Nomura said they wouldn’t consider releasing Kingdom Hearts 3 on Switch until after it’s release...

Now I’m starting to doubt this big time.
Back on a similar topic to this, there have been internal reports from different people that the FF7 Remake might not be ready till next console generation...

If the Switch couldn’t run 15 I don’t think it would be able to run an even BIGGER game so far from it’s release.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hyrule Warriors,
Fire Emblem Warriors,

Now ... F-ZERO IS BACK in an epic beat em up game, from the creators of the Warriors series, feast yourself on a speed of light, fist punching, skull crushing adventure, in the boots of Captain Falcon.

F-Zero Warriors, coming soon!

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
The lack of Animal Crossing on that leak would make me horribly sad if it turned out to be true, again maybe it’s half and half like some people say. It’s such a weird situation because I’ve never seen such an over the top leak actually have some credibility like this one has.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Someone needs to start a vehicular manslaughter meme with Captain Falcon as to why F-Zero isn't a thing anymore.

If Yoshi commits tax fraud, Captain Falcon had his licenses revoked for vehicular manslaughter.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Thats sorta the thing...its guessing REAL stuff, yet it has leak poison in it. you'd never fake leak some of this stuff and think youd be taken seriously so why even fake the leak?

even something from this leak we now know is real (funko pops) would immediately make someone write it off... i dont know what to think here.
That's the thing that's making me go crazy about this. Before today (or I guess yesterday), Funko Pops were thought to never create Nintendo characters (I especially thought so because of Amibos), and that Mario Kart 8D was pretty done in terms of updates, and was said to be done. However suddenly that "reality" can't be in play anymore.

Likewise, while KH3 for the Switch and the Sunday reveal date makes me think "Oh it's fake", we just had two examples of things out of the ordinary coming true, so really who knows.

EDIT: Also there's the possibility that there's some fake information placed purposely in there not to tip off Nintendo. But how much fake information could be put into question. However at that point it's all speculation and we truly won't know until we see or don't see the direct.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just realized we have multiple Marios (:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultdoc::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultyoshi::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultwario::ultsonic:) and tons of weebs (:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultike::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrobin:ultroy::ultshulk:)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Like I said, I really think this leak's more having lucky coincidences or cards played to make it feel credible. I suggest we don't really expect it to deliver the very things it says, probably we'll get a more abridged version that's more realistic than that if this Direct manages to be a thing.:100:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Pokémon Let's Go part of the leak is also fairly suspicious, today we got a trailer showing us Brock and Misty's Gyms and the game's early routes and cities, and the leak states that the Direct will show Lt. Surge's Gym, Lavender Town and Saffron City, which are all locations that come just after what we were shown today, and it'd make sense if they slowly showcase the game's locations in order. Obviously skipping over Celadon would be a bit weird, but it's still odd how it fits with what we've just been shown.

That's not to say that the leak should be believed though, not only is it extremely detailed, which is very rarely the case with legit leaks and tends to be a red flag, but with so much stuff in this supposed Direct it does make me wonder why they didn't reveal a lot of these at E3, which was only a little more than a month earlier than this Direct is supposed to happen. It does have a lot of coincidences going its way though, so it's worth keeping an eye on, but still far from being believable imo.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I thought we would've learned by now that the telltale sign of a leak being fake is if it mentions Mother 3. Seriously, the only thing that's somewhat suspicious is the Funko Pop Pikachu figure. The MK8D thing would be more impressive if various "leaks" weren't predicting we'd get DLC for the game since early last year.

I'll keep an eye on this rumor, but I have very little faith in it being true. If I somehow end up wrong, then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
That's a fan translation. Talking about Fassad and the Magypsies, now those wouldn't fly due to potential racism and transphobia controversies

I mean, that's literally what I've seen with the justification being "Well we got Ridley" which makes no ****ing sense as Ridley was asked significantly longer and is so iconic he got referenced in other video games and TV shows
Not to harp on this too much more since a remake is a remake, but idk if you played Breath of the Wild, there's a super transphobic character in there and they didn't censor it at all. The Magypsies always read more as Drag Queens to me anyway and as a queer person I had no issues with that. Seriously I never saw the Magypsies as a reason the game hasn't been localized but I've seen tons of people mention them, weird to me.
(Also I don't mean to start a gender politics conversation with my BOTW reference but the matter of that fact is there were trans people hurt by it and NOA let it slide)

Anyway this MKDX dlc literally blew me away as I earlier in this thread stated I was pretty sure they said there wouldn't be....this is turning out as a possibility but I still doubt a lot of the other stuff (Mother 3D, FF 7, Fall out, KH 3, ummm wait Dojin the Giant?! Wtf?!). Would be great to get Dixie AND King K. Rool confirmed though....and with the Mario Kart tweet saying expect update soon, that lines up time wise....seriously trying not to hype myself lol.

EDIT: Just in case people weren't sure, Target confirmed the Pikachu Funko. So yup that's a thing.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have yet to see Bayonetta described as a weeb series.

That's a first for me. Granted it did have an anime adaption of the first game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
EDIT:Sorry about double post.

EDIT:No idea what happened.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I thought we would've learned by now that the telltale sign of a leak being fake is if it mentions Mother 3.
Indeed... but one thing that caught my eye is the implication on the "3D-remake" part of it. It reminded me how Mother 3 originally started as Mother 64 back in the late 90s - probably implying that Mother 3D is about bringing it back to it's roots.

Another thing playing for it's unlikely favour might be that incase this is the way they'd go about it, it could be due the rising fan demand and the complications of the localizations to meet it, might have led on developing a remake to land on a sweet compromise.

Just some speculation.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Don't forget anthros::ultfalco::ultfox::ultduckhunt::ultgreninja::ultkingdedede::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultwolf::ultridley:
Smash got them all, even robots (:ultmegaman::ultrob::ultsamus:) and cannibals (:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultpacman::ultyoshi:)
I have yet to see Bayonetta described as a weeb series.

That's a first for me. Granted it did have an anime adaption of the first game.
That’s why I decided to place her in the week category (well that and her design)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Honestly the biggest thing on this list that makes me really question it isn’t Mother 3D. Mother 3D would make sense. A full blown remake of Mother 3 being in development would suddenly make sense of Nintendo refusing to bring it to the west.

No, the most improbable thing on the list for me is Final Fantasy VII Remake being announced for Switch.

That game has gone through some serious development issues.

It was announced in 2015, and was being developed by CyberConnect2.
HOWEVER, in 2017, it was shifted from CyberConnect to in-house Square-Enix development. It’s likely that most if not all of CyberConnect’s was scrapped and, and development basically just started from the ground up last year.

We haven’t seen any footage or pics since 2015, which was before development essentially restarted.
All we got at E3 was an interview with the director where he admitted it was probably announced too early, and that only just now with KHIII being finished is his full attention on the remake.

While he did say it’s definitely past planning and in full development, he said (although kinda in jest) that it will be released SOMETIME BEFORE 2023.

I personally don’t see it launching until 2020 the very earliest (and that’s the first part, since it’s supposed to be episodic), and I really don’t see Nintendo suddenly announcing it’s coming to Switch over two years before it comes out.
Nintendo has said before that they don’t like announcing games really long times before they come out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Smash got them all, even robots (:ultmegaman::ultrob::ultsamus:) and cannibals (:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultpacman::ultyoshi:)

That’s why I decided to place her in the week category (well that and her design)
Btw does "weeb" means anything anymore, really? I feel like it's just Westerners' way of calling Japan pop culture weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom