• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Funko pops are a REALLY specific thing to guess, very hard to predict that or throw that in a fake leak and feel confident it wont be immediately written off. its fake leak poison and now its true.

AND

mario kart 8 deluxe getting more... I dont think many were guessing that either, pretty much figured the game was done. leak sounds too good to be true but I dunno its also guessing at things that arent particularly guessable and not one but TWO of them are coming true.

have to say theres some credibility here now.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
The leak claims that the Direct will be held on July 22nd, which is a Sunday. Has Nintendo ever held Directs on a weekend? I can't remember anything like that myself.
Not necessarily a direct, but didn't Robin and Lucina's trailer drop on a Saturday? Also I can't remember if the Japan only Shulk direct was on a weekend or not.
It's also San Diego Comic Con next weekend, not that I expect that to have any correlation with a Nintendo Direct, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The leak claims that the Direct will be held on July 22nd, which is a Sunday. Has Nintendo ever held Directs on a weekend? I can't remember anything like that myself.
It could Sunday afternoon/evening for the west, Monday morning for Japan, because timezone

Staarih

Smash Master
Me neither, they usually happen on the weekdays. As much as I remember. A Sunday Direct in Japan sounds especially iffy. I guess this could be a ”Monday in Japan, Sunday in the US” sort of thing, but I dunno.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Holy **** that is so goddamn fake. Mother 3 will never happen unless Nintendo decides it's ok to either change a bunch of stuff or bump up the age rating. Also calling it now, overconfident K.Rool fans will believe it cause of 2 lucky guesses
They weren’t afraid to give Earthbound’s Virtual Console release a T rating, so I don’t see a problem.

And why you gotta jab at K. Rool fans specifically like that? Come on. Don’t be a stinker.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not necessarily a direct, but didn't Robin and Lucina's trailer drop on a Saturday? Also I can't remember if the Japan only Shulk direct was on a weekend or not.
It's also San Diego Comic Con next weekend, not that I expect that to have any correlation with a Nintendo Direct, just thought I'd throw that out there.
No, I remember Robin's trailer, I rushed to the computer as soon as I got home from school that day, it was a Monday

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I’m pretty sure Shulk was confirmed on a Monday in a direct. I remember it happening as I was on my way to my first orientation day of high school. I could be wrong and maybe it wasn’t the first day, but I’m pretty sure it was.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
They weren’t afraid to give Earthbound’s Virtual Console release a T rating, so I don’t see a problem.

And why you gotta jab at K. Rool fans specifically like that? Come on. Don’t be a stinker.
I genuinely forgot that. It's just that Mother 3 has stuff that won't fly in this day and age in the west.

K.Rool fans are the most overconfident fans I've seen this speculation season other than Inklings, had it been a different character having all that confidence for no reason, I'd likely jab at them too

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
No, I remember Robin's trailer, I rushed to the computer as soon as I got home from school that day, it was a Monday
I’m pretty sure Shulk was confirmed on a Monday in a direct. I remember it happening as I was on my way to my first orientation day of high school. I could be wrong and maybe it wasn’t the first day, but I’m pretty sure it was.
Interesting, thank you guys for clarifying. I do feel like a Sunday reveal does push the chances down a bit, but I guess stranger things have happened (and it could be revealed in Japan on Monday while western places get it on Sunday due to timezones, so idk).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My chromebook blocked twitter for me, so can you please tell me what this post is about.
“Nintendo says more updates are coming for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch”

Doesn’t confirm DLC explicitly, but it does raise an eyebrow regarding the leak claiming DLC will be announced soon.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
This leak reminds of the leak that provided the correct date for when the Switch's online info would be revealed.

Again, probably just a coincidence.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I genuinely forgot that. It's just that Mother 3 has stuff that won't fly in this day and age in the west.
Such as? I’m playing it now and really don’t see much. Kumatora says *** (the other word for donkey) a couple times, and some people die, but that’s it.

K.Rool fans are the most overconfident fans I've seen this speculation season other than Inklings, had it been a different character having all that confidence for no reason, I'd likely jab at them too
I too like sweeping generalizations.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maan, this leak's quite something.

I think if it was less "wish-listy" overall, I wouldn't be feeling so skeptical on it. At the moment I'm probably expecting huge mine of salt to explode later because how the "credibility" will make most fans build too much expectatons and hype for this next Direct.

The only way around it being "on Sunday" as the discreditability-inducing detail would be the leaker mistaking the Direct's actual broadcasting happening on Monday instead.

I'd believe that incase we see this Direct even "happening", we might at best, see partial sum of these becoming true, and then rest might be something else, or nothing at all.

Personally, I'm about to think the Funko Pop + MK8 Updates might just be happy coincidences at the moment, incase MK8D's updates is just a patch, not new DLC.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Funny you say that cause I remember the same thing. Was in homeroom on the first day of Highschool trying to keep up with what I believe was a Japanese 3DS Direct, I believe it was the 25th Of August?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Such as? I’m playing it now and really don’t see much. Kumatora says *** (the other word for donkey) a couple times, and some people die, but that’s it.

I too like sweeping generalizations.
That's a fan translation. Talking about Fassad and the Magypsies, now those wouldn't fly due to potential racism and transphobia controversies

I mean, that's literally what I've seen with the justification being "Well we got Ridley" which makes no ****ing sense as Ridley was asked significantly longer and is so iconic he got referenced in other video games and TV shows

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Wait so that leak with the Mother 3 HD(don't toy with my heart) has something right.

Although that Crash and Spyro leak got the Switch info date right. But that was an incredibly safe guess as Nintendo said early May and it was Golden Week for the first couple of days of May.

Funko Pops seem like a less safe guess to be correct on.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The Sunday thing does make it seem unlikely.

And it is a lot to process in terms of sheer amazingness.

But that Funko thing is truly a wonder to get right. Funko themselves have said before that they've tried time and time again to get Nintendo to let them make Nintendo funkos and they've said no. That's like instant ''I'm fake ya'll" poison. So even if this isn't real? Props to that guy/gal for being so bold.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anybody gonna miss Ness's old arm swinging idle animation from previous titles? I kinda like his new one, more lively and battle ready.

I won’t, cause I’d be too focused on well done he is

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
That's a fan translation. Talking about Fassad and the Magypsies, now those wouldn't fly due to potential racism and transphobia controversies

I mean, that's literally what I've seen with the justification being "Well we got Ridley" which makes no ****ing sense as Ridley was asked significantly longer and is so iconic he got referenced in other video games and TV shows
If its a 3d remake like the leak says, your points hold no water. Game could easily be changed around to not be as controversial. Nintendo also has a loooooong history of censorship in games for specific regions. If they see it as an issue those things would obviously be changed in a 3d remake.

D

Deleted member

Funny you say that cause I remember the same thing. Was in homeroom on the first day of Highschool trying to keep up with what I believe was a Japanese 3DS Direct, I believe it was the 25th Of August?
It was the 29th, a Friday. I remember thinking that absolutely nothing Smash related would be revealed in a Japan only direct, but they they reveal my most wanted character and confirm the leak. It was a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Okay but in all seriousness, my joke actually made me want Gru in Smash, it will never, ever, ever happen under any circumstance, but if it did I would be actually be hype for how ridiculous it would actually be.View attachment 152649
I had a missed opportunity for a pun so here it is:

It Gru on me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If its a 3d remake like the leak says, your points hold no water. Game could easily be changed around to not be as controversial. Nintendo also has a loooooong history of censorship in games for specific regions. If they see it as an issue those things would obviously be changed in a 3d remake.
While that's true, I just don't see Nintendo tdoing the effort, it's probably just the pessimistic side of me

D

Deleted member

While that's true, I just don't see Nintendo tdoing the effort, it's probably just the pessimistic side of me
Keep in mind that in US versions of Thousand Year Door, Vivian was changed to be female. They'll do it if they need to.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
"A montage of games are shown including Mario Tennis Aces, Sonic Mania Plus, Rocket League, Owlboy, Bomb Chicken, Camp Camp: Campe Diem, Pool Panic, Buddy Buddiez and Doshin The Giant HD"

bomb chicken got released today i believe, not sure if that was known about or not...

but like doshin the giant HD??? This leak has stuff in it thats far to out there yet its guessing stuff correctly, i dont know what to think here

RandomAce

Smash Champion
leak 3 in this set! also hello :)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake, for Switch?

Can the switch even run this?

There are probably some real stuff like the MK8D DLC, Funkos, but man if all of this game true. I need that Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Switch.

Althought the King K. Rool and Dixie Kong isn’t what I want for the next Smash reveal, but oh well.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wish but I don't think so, where does the rumors come from?
If anyone wants the leak for reference refer to this post:
Geez, we're doing the Smash Template now? I've seen those on 4chan for weeks.

Speaking of: I've got another set of "leaks" for ya'll.
"Leak" 1:
Hello. I have been informed by my sources that Smash Bros. Ultimate will have these characters, and feature some new stages.

Characters:
>Ken (Echo for Ryu)
>Metal Mario (Echo for Mario)
>Waluigi (Newcomer, bamboozle by Sakurai)
>Octoling (Echo for Inkling)
>Dark Samus (Newcomer)
>Shadow (Newcomer)
>Sora (Newcomer)
>Ninten (Newcomer)
>Vault Boy (Newcomer)
Stages:

>Random Kingdom Hearts stage
>Westopolis
>Deepsea Metro
>Hyrule Castle (BotW)
>Labo House
>Vault 76

More to come in the future.

Vault Boy is...new, but this leak has Sora, so therefore it must be true. Flawless logic on my part.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 2:
While the roster may have been supposedly decided in 2015, things change over development. Someone from within Bamco has come forward to me with info on characters being put into the game, some I think most of you are going to find odd. The Smash Ballot wasn't completely for nothing though, as it determined which characters ultimately got into the game.

The characters are: Metal Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Charizard X/Y (Echo), K.Rool, Dark Samus (echo), Decidueye, and Issac.

First things first, Simon IS in the game, but he's an assist trophy. He was a playable character in the planning stages, but the team dropped him down to an AT.

Banjo wasn't even a thought until 2016, which is when he was added due to sheer requests for him, much like Ridley. The Wonderwing isn't his final smash, and his up b is nothing anyone would expect.

K.Rool was added thanks to overall global requests and thanks to the Smash Ballot.

Decidueye was picked over Sceptile due to it being the most recent grass Pokemon starter. His Final Smash is Sinister Arrow Raid from Sun and Moon. Speaking of, Mega Charizard is in the game due to Charizard mains in Smash 4. It is the only PKMN Trainer Pokemon to get this honor, and yes, you can play as Y version and it too has 4 colors.

Issac was added to the game early on thanks in part to fan requests. It should be noted Issac's green hands are nowhere in his moveset.

Dark Samus was added as a more offensive version of Samus. Her F air has only one hit box for example and it does kill at low percents. Her Final Smash however, turns her into Metroid Prime.

Metal Mario is actually a throw back to Super Smash Bros 64, complete with his stage remade in Smash Ultimate. His side B is a diving tackle from Mario 64 and his down B is Mario Tornado. Metal Mario also has his step sound effect from 64 and falls like Fox did in Melee, but won't die at 260+ percents like he did in 64. Ask me anything else you would like to know, especially DLC.

I highly doubt that a character would be dropped to assist trophy status during development. They'd likely be cut and released as DLC if anything. Mega Charizard as an echo makes little sense as well. The Pokémon Trainer mechanic is much better for Charizard than Rock Smash, a crummy move that nobody used.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 3:

Alright bois heres a leak for ya
On July 22nd a 30 minute Nintendo direct will be held
> The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops

> A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead.

> Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens

> Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine.
> MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown. The dlc includes 2 new cups. 2 new battle tracks and 6 new characters. The cups shown are the Top Hat Cup and the Shine Cup with only 2 tracks shown for both. Top Hat has New Donk City and Shine Cup is shown with Waluigi Pinball. The battle tracks include the return of Block Fort and the addition of a new track titled Green Greens. The characters shown as DLC are: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Cappy, Pauline and Kirby.

> Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off

> Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76

> A Minecraft Mash-Up pack is shown next with it being Zelda themed

> Star Fox racing is revealed, taking a lot of inspiration from F-Zero

> Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll

> Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym

> Gameplay trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses

> Kirby Star Allies dream friends are revealed alongside their release date.

> Final Fantasy 7 Remake is coming to Nintendo Switch

> Sonic Mania Plus is getting a trailer alongside the confirmation that Metal Sonic is in development as a playable character

> Cuphead is coming to Nintendo switch

> A montage of games are shown including Mario Tennis Aces, Sonic Mania Plus, Rocket League, Owlboy, Bomb Chicken, Camp Camp: Campe Diem, Pool Panic, Buddy Buddiez and Doshin The Giant HD

> A smash trailer for King K Rool and Dixie Kong is shown to end things off. Smash Run is also revealed to return alongside Smash Tour

Geez, this is the wishlist to end all wishlists. If the Switch gets all of this? R.I.P. my wallet. We'll see how this one pans out on the 22nd.
"Leak" 4:

-Nintendo direct in August, can't say which day
-Opens with trailer for Yoshi, still no title, showcasing co-op
-More information on Pokemon lets go
-More information on Kirby Star Allies
-Super Mario odyssey DLC
-Star fox grand prix
-Ends with Smash fighter reveal, Simon Belmont to be exact, Sakurai says 7 more fighters are coming

That's sparse for Nintendo's Fall/Winter lineup. Again, we'll see if this one's true in August.
"Leak" 5:
View attachment 152429

Hello everyone I hope you're all having wonderful day. I was leaking info about Nintendo and was able to find some exciting info about a direct set for December of this year. here is what i found about it and some of the titles they will announce. Keep in mind its only some info not all.

>Direct is switch focused and may or may not include a couple of 3DS titles
>New Super Mario Sunshine inspired DLC for Super Mario Odyssey
>New info for upcoming Yoshi game with a new trailer
> Small teaser for Pikmin 4
> New Metroid Prime 4 trailer
> New F-Zero game labeled "F-Zero Heat Turbo" keep in mind its a working title
> More Smash Ultimate info, mainly talks about the stages and may include a new character reveal.
>The final thing I found was an image (the one that is attached) and some info alongside it. its a new F-Zero game collection titled "F-Zero Elite Collection" It contains 4 F-Zero games which are, F-Zero (SNES),F-Zero GX(GCN), F-Zero X (N64), and for the first time ever on consoles F-Zero AX (Arcade). I found that F-Zero GX & AX will both contain online multiplayer. In order to play online, it requires you to have a NSO subscription. The games play like they did before but with a few tweaks and improvements to make it feel better. You can switch between classic controls and updated controls to suit your play style and preference. Classic controls leaves the controls the same as the original but updated controls is where the controls are improved for the new controllers of the switch. it also has banners (like the snes mini has) and widescreen support. They can both be toggled on/off. The resolution for these games were up-scaled. It also has Gamecube controller support for a more classic feel. F-Zero AX also has Arcade mode controller setup which allows you to hold the joy con in a similar manner as you would while playing the original cabinet.

*The logo in the image attached for F-Zero elite collection is more than likely not final*

New F-Zero Game? F-Zero game collection?? I'd be surprised to say the least. Shoutouts to the logos OP made though. They tried.

Do we have time for bonus "leak"?

Don't say that I don't love you guys, because I have 2 bonus "leaks".
Bonus "leak" 1:

You know what. **** it. I hate my job, I hate my life, I’m going to leak **** and get fired.
I work at Nintendo of America. IT IS NOT FUN OR SATISFYING!
> Waluigi was shown as an assist trophy to **** with everyone
> The old dagenrompa v3 leak is real. Monokuma and Monomi will be assist trophies
> Pichu I’m smash ultimate is way better than in melee.
> 4 more echo fighters
> 7 new challengers
Believe in it if you want, but it’s true.
Don’t expect anything else unless I don’t get fired.
**** Nintendo of America, **** you

This guy's angry. It's only game... Anyways, this "leak" doesn't say much, but gives us a general estimate of what to expect. It fits within the "codename leak" that people have been posting around as clickbait garbage, but 4 of them need to be echoes. Speaking of the "codename leak"...

Bonus "leak" 2:
The “code names” post was not inaccurate

But I would like to state that it did not include the two planned unlockable characters
The new character total including Ridley and Daisy was 15 not 12
A lesser known mario character to complete the mario party playables collection
And a second representative from a popular non-Nintendo franchise.

Both of these characters are planned to remain unannounced and only available by unlocking them through specific achievements

Again, this one doesn't say much. I'd guy that this one includes Shadow and Waluigi? I'd be very surprised if Waluigi made it in. Regardless, this combined with the supposed roster from the "codename leak" would be pretty exciting. 15 characters would put the roster at a whopping 81 characters, and with the potential of DLC (SORA), the roster could reach up to 100+ characters. That'd be exciting.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
The Sunday thing does make it seem unlikely.

And it is a lot to process in terms of sheer amazingness.

But that Funko thing is truly a wonder to get right. Funko themselves have said before that they've tried time and time again to get Nintendo to let them make Nintendo funkos and they've said no. That's like instant ''I'm fake ya'll" poison. So even if this isn't real? Props to that guy/gal for being so bold.
To play devils advocate, you could honestly use that funko argument for the direct timing. Just because it's never happened before in the past doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen. Honestly, I'd be shocked if it happened, but you'd think people wouldn't fake a leak with a Sunday reveal when that's never been the case before.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wasn’t there a 4Chan leak not too long ago that claimed 2B from Nier Automata would be in Smash?

KMDP

Smash Legend
If Mother 3D is actually a thing then I’m gonna cry. :ultlucas:
No crying until the end.

Update on the "Most Supported" list; I've currently got a list of 53 characters listed (10 of which are only estimations), plus 7 characters who don't have support lists. I'm only on page 2 of 14 of Newcomer Speculation threads. :psycho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom