• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I feel that we won't see too many Echo Fighters. We have Daisy, Lucina, and Dark Pit, but I doubt that we'll see more than 5. Maybe Dry Bowser could be the 4th.
I sure hope so.

That being said, knowing how many Echoes we'll get won't stop the conversations. Clone discussions are bad enough already, but now it seems like we have to go through daily arguments on who would or wouldn't work as an Echo.

"Dark Samus wouldn't make sense as a clone."
"Shadow could work as an Echo. It doesn't matter if he doesn't look cool."
"Dixie deserves a lot more than being an Echo."
"Just make Impa an Echo so we don't have to waste time on more Zelda characters."

It's getting old and repetitive.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie cannot serve as a Echo. I won't budge in this.

Impa is the best possible Echo btw.

Chrom is also quite underrated, he could very well make it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just curious, did Smash ever referenced the Kirby Anime? The Pokemon series have alot of reference and even inspiration coming from the anime/movies, but I don't think Kirby have any, right?

If there isn't any, I think it be cool if Ultimate had some reference to it, I don't know what they could reference in particular, but I think it be neat for those who got to Kirby thanks to it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I sure hope so.

That being said, knowing how many Echoes we'll get won't stop the conversations. Clone discussions are bad enough already, but now it seem like we have to go through daily arguments on who would or wouldn't work as an Echo.

"Just make Impa an Echo so we don't have to waste time on more Zelda characters."

95% of the topics here got old and repetitive, like 5 years ago.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I sure hope so.

That being said, knowing how many Echoes we'll get won't stop the conversations. Clones discussions are bad enough already, but now it seem like we have to go through daily arguments on who would or wouldn't work as an Echo.

Here's my stance on Echo Fighters
Dark Samus: Don't know enough.
Isabelle: Yes, but only if personality conflicts aren't an issue.
Shadow: Better as a Semi-Clone.
Dixie: Better as a Semi-Clone.
Impa: Yes, if OoT or SS Impa, no if HW Impa.
Dry Bowser: Yes.
Chrom: Yes, but Awakening might be getting overrepresented with him.

justPUNT3R

Smash Apprentice
Just curious, did Smash ever referenced the Kirby Anime? The Pokemon series have alot of reference and even inspiration coming from the anime/movies, but I don't think Kirby have any, right?

If there isn't any, I think it be cool if Ultimate had some reference to it, I don't know what they could reference in particular, but I think it be neat for those who got to Kirby thanks to it.
Maybe Kirby could get an alt referencing the episode "hog wild" (i think that's why it was, y'know, the one with evil kirby.).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That being said, knowing how many Echoes we'll get won't stop the conversations. Clones discussions are bad enough already, but now it seem like we have to go through daily arguments on who would or wouldn't work as an Echo.
All that I know is that the following criteria are likely needed for a fighter to qualify as an Echo Fighter.
  • The fighter originated from the same franchise as the fighter whom he/she is mimicking.
  • The moveset is almost completely identical, which even includes the custom specials, if they're returning. Knockback angle differences can occur though, and the Final Smashes don't necessarily have to be alike either.
  • Fighter attributes are exactly the same.
If a fighter doesn't meet those conditions, then he/she does not count as an Echo Fighter. Dr. Mario is a perfect example of this, as he's slower than Mario, and the two don't share the exact same attacks; for example, Mario has F.L.U.D.D., while Dr. Mario has Dr. Tornado.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Meta Knight's Japanese VA is the anime's Japanese VA iirc and the anime used the name Galaxia before anything else for Meta Knight's sword. His final smash is Galaxia Darkness

Pakky

Smash Hero
Wait... Octolings could technically not be an Echo.

:ultinkling: covers Splatoon 1 only.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Meta Knight's Japanese VA is the anime's Japanese VA iirc and the anime used the name Galaxia before anything else for Meta Knight's sword. His final smash is Galaxia Darkness
Oh right, that's true, Galaxia's name come from the anime.

How did I forget that?:4metaknight:

Well, beside me forgetting something I should have know, what else could they use/reference from the anime?
a emote.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And maybe Dixie could utilize Kiddy Kong (yeah, I'm going there) in her throws.
I just tried to sad react to this like on Facebook.

Well, beside me forgetting something I should have know, what else could they use/reference from the anime?View attachment 152070
What could they use?
I would buy the game 3 times of Dedede had his anime voice actor.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Speaking of Dry Bowser, I made this total nonsense in Roster Maker earlier today.
RandomCentrepoint Roster.png

I took the idea of "In Melee, the clones were positioned next to their original characters, who were on the edge" and RAN with it. Clones are the highest row, with Semi-Clones of characters coming directly below the original if they exist. The third parties are the bottom row, who are paired by Company as close as possible, the only exception being Geno; Sonic bleeds into the Nintendo Franchises because he's an S.O.B because of lack of room.
I put Mario, Link, DK and Samus on the four corners. I guess you could say they're the corner stones (Pikachu isn't a corner stone because he has to be on the second row, and the Top Left and Top Right squares are taken already).
By sheer coincidence, three of the four corner spots are taken up by villains. Maybe there's something Isabelle isn't telling us.
The Random and Mii Fighter squares are in the centre because you can't tell me what to do!

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's this introduction of true clone fighters on top of Sakurai's emphasis on fewer newcomers that has lead to this stupid thought process that "oh, if you're remotely similar in appearance to a fighter, you're only getting in as a copy-paste of them"

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just tried to sad react to this like on Facebook.

What could they use?
I would buy the game 3 times of Dedede had his anime voice actor.
I swear, if the English translation as a reference to "I NEED A MONSTAH TO CLOBBAH DAT DERE KIRBEH" in some way, I will lost my ****.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's this introduction of clone fighters on top of Sakurai's emphasis on fewer newcomers that has lead to this stupid thought process that "oh, if you're remotely similar in appearance to a fighter, you're only getting in as a copy-paste of them"
I may vomit with rage.

...I still don't know how that works. :laugh:

Dan

Smash Lord
Wtf is up with all these "x new characters leaked for ultimate!" clickbait 4chan videos on my front page everyday?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wtf is up with all these "x new characters leaked for ultimate!" clickbait 4chan videos on my front page everyday?
They need that ad revenue, man. That sweet sweet smash hype clickbait cash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can hardly pay attention to 4chan Smash leaks now. There is just way too many of them for me to pay ample attention to them. I can only trust Vergeben now.
Has he even stated anything new since his first "leak"?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hey has anybody considered Poochy as a possible newcomer? I know this might be an odd choice, but I wouldn’t say it’s too out there.

+ reoccurring character throughout the Yoshi series.
+ recent prominence with “Poochy and Yoshi’s Woolly World” with a big Woolly Amiibo, collection of shorts, and even a Mario Odessey cameo.
+ Cute as a button (very marketable).

Who could say no to this face?
1D6E766D-72D1-4434-BF24-04D4361C9A9A.jpeg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Well, beside me forgetting something I should have know, what else could they use/reference from the anime?View attachment 152070
Max Flex as an AT (for the record, he got a game appearance in Mass Attack)? I dunno. The Kirby series has been a lot more hogwild about referencing the show in various ways since the DS days. Meanwhile Sakurai pretends nothing happened to the franchise after 2003, aside a few token references.

Hey has anybody considered Poochy as a possible newcomer? I know this might be an odd choice, but I wouldn’t say it’s too out there.

+ recent prominence with “Poochy and Yoshi’s Woolly World” with a big Woolly Amiibo, collection of shorts, and even a Mario Odessey cameo.

View attachment 152078
Plus he can grab things with his mouth. He's the only viable option aside from Kamek, although what would his FS be, summoning his pups?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

View attachment 152078
I see Poochy more as Assist Trophy material. In fact, why haven't they got on that yet?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait... Octolings could technically not be an Echo.

:ultinkling: covers Splatoon 1 only.
Well the series is only focusing on 1 though (just the Inklings, confirmed music and Squid Sisters are from 1), there’s so far one thing from 2 that’s on (and that’s Li’l Judd accompanying Judd). There’ll probably be more content from 1 than 2 overall, but won’t be the only focus (also helps that Moray Towers is in both games)
Speaking of Dry Bowser, I made this total nonsense in Roster Maker earlier today.
View attachment 152069
I took the idea of "In Melee, the clones were positioned next to their original characters, who were on the edge" and RAN with it. Clones are the highest row, with Semi-Clones of characters coming directly below the original if they exist. The third parties are the bottom row, who are paired by Company as close as possible, the only exception being Geno; Sonic bleeds into the Nintendo Franchises because he's an S.O.B because of lack of room.
I put Mario, Link, DK and Samus on the four corners. I guess you could say they're the corner stones (Pikachu isn't a corner stone because he has to be on the second row, and the Top Left and Top Right squares are taken already).
By sheer coincidence, three of the four corner spots are taken up by villains. Maybe there's something Isabelle isn't telling us.
The Random and Mii Fighter squares are in the centre because you can't tell me what to do!
I would be easily triggered by this organization

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well the series is only focusing on 1 though (just the Inklings, confirmed music and Squid Sisters are from 1), there’s so far one thing from 2 that’s on (and that’s Li’l Judd accompanying Judd). There’ll probably be more content from 1 than 2 overall, but won’t be the only focus (also helps that Moray Towers is in both games)

I would be easily triggered by this organization
It's insanity. Don't stare too long into the Abyss, now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom