• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
There's also the fact that Heihachi is an bigger PlayStation icon than even Cloud, and Sony even put him in their own crossover fighting game. That gives him no chance of joining the roster.
What does PlayStation All-Stars (which was horrible) have to do with Heihachi's chances in Smash?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There's also the matter that Square might not have wanted Cloud in Playstation All-Stars.
Come to think of it, Crash and Snake weren't in that game and they're huge Playstation icons.
If Heihachi were owned by Sony, I'd see where you're coming from, but Heihachi is 100% owned by Namco. It's fair game to include them and I don't see how his appearance in a one off Playstation crossover will harm his chances.
Crash was probably not in PS All Stars because of legal issues (Activision owns the rights to him, and they might've said no) and as for Snake, Raiden got in instead, because Kojima wanted to show off the differences between Smash and PS All Stars.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
"PS All-Stars is Smash's largest competitor."

In other words, Smash has no competition.

But, yeah no....I don't think Heihachi lost his chances due to All-Stars considering the Mii costume almost no one asked for.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Crash was probably not in PS All Stars because of legal issues (Activision owns the rights to him, and they might've said no) and as for Snake, Raiden got in instead, because Kojima wanted to show off the differences between Smash and PS All Stars.
Considering that Street Fighter V is exclusive to PC and, you guessed it, PlayStation 4, yet Ryu still made it in Smash...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"PS All-Stars is Smash's largest competitor."

In other words, Smash has no competition.

But, yeah no....I don't think Heihachi lost his chances due to All-Stars considering the Mii costume almost no one asked for.
I think it's less nobody asked for Heihachi and more nobody thought Heihachi was possible to be mentioned in Smash so nobody bothered.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If you look at the third parties in PSAS, you can basically see the money trail.
Dante was from the recent reboot, not the iconic original Dante.
Heihachi had his recent Tag Tournament 2 appearance.
Raiden was recently the star of Revengeance.
Isaac recently had Dead Space 3.
Big Daddy was kind of just there but I'm also sure the creators were stoked to get their Bioshock advert- I mean inclued amongst the PS All-Stars.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Because that crossover was for Nintendo's biggest competition, and Sakurai may end up advertising the PlayStation by putting him in.
Quite doubtful, I would say.

He has Snake, who embodies a bit of both Naked and Solid Snake and is a series mostly known for the series being on Sony platforms. There were particular trophies from Guns of the Patriots, a PS3 game coming out around the time Brawl released, and one of the best music pieces in the game (imo) was a remix of a MGS theme specifically from Guns of the Patriots.

Cloud is easily one of the most iconic characters in gaming history simply based on his game, which is inarguably one of the most iconic games of the Playstation line of consoles. There's a reason why his reveal broke the internet.

Basically, Snake and Cloud both broke the internet because, out of all the 3rd parties Nintendo could acquire the rights to, these two were likely the least expected. PSASBR was created by effectively a rookie studio in comparison, which would likely not be given the same confidence that studios place in Sakurai. Not to mention, most of the PSASBR roster was based on marketing which led to a rather swift downfall.

Competition to Smash? More like competition to trash. As somebody who feared it would compete with Smash, I traded that **** in eventually because of how poorly the gameplay meshed.

That game is a sad excuse of "Playstation All-Stars" when the not-Sony characters were general 3rd parties that didn't even have a particularly strong connection to gaming history or the Playstation platform. I think that's what makes Smash so much better in comparison.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know, considering Namco Bandai is helping with Smash now, I wouldn't complain if we got Heihachi, Agumon and Nightmare all at once.

...No, it's not just because I want Agumon and Nightmare... *looks around nervously*

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

He has Snake, who embodies a bit of both Naked and Solid Snake and is a series mostly known for the series being on Sony platforms. There were particular trophies from Guns of the Patriots, a PS3 game coming out around the time Brawl released, and one of the best music pieces in the game (imo) was a remix of a MGS theme specifically from Guns of the Patriots.

Cloud is easily one of the most iconic characters in gaming history simply based on his game, which is inarguably one of the most iconic games of the Playstation line of consoles. There's a reason why his reveal broke the internet.

Basically, Snake and Cloud both broke the internet because, out of all the 3rd parties Nintendo could acquire the rights to, these two were likely the least expected. PSASBR was created by effectively a rookie studio in comparison, which would likely not be given the same confidence that studios place in Sakurai. Not to mention, most of the PSASBR roster was based on marketing which led to a rather swift downfall.

Competition to Smash? More like competition to trash. As somebody who feared it would compete with Smash, I traded that **** in eventually because of how poorly the gameplay meshed.

That game is a sad excuse of "Playstation All-Stars" when almost half of the characters weren't even owned by Sony in the first place.
Just for the record, when I said biggest competition, I meant the Playstation in general.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

That game is a sad excuse of "Playstation All-Stars" when almost half of the characters weren't even owned by Sony in the first place.
5 third parties out of 24 characters is almost half the roster?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I think it's less nobody asked for Heihachi and more nobody thought Heihachi was possible to be mentioned in Smash so nobody bothered.
Yeah, I worded that badly.

I'm more than happy to see it in the game, but I've never actually seen Heihachi get that much support until.....right now actually. Even then this thread isn't much but it's cool to see people play with the idea.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wasn't Heihachi considered for Smash 4 but dropped because Sakurai had a difficult time making a moveset for him?

I don't see that changing unless Sakurai can make something suitable for him and is willing to add him to the roster... which he did for Ridley, so he shouldn't be completely out of the question. If he is to be included, he'd be a pretty rad DLC character.
Ridley is a special case though, as Sakurai had legions of fans at the gate ready to crucify him if he didn't add Ridley this time. /s

But for real though, Sakurai made Ridley work due to fan demand. I don't think he'd do the same for Heihachi.

Watch as he confirms both Lloyd and Heihachi in one day though. Just you wait.
But do you know who is just as big a Namco Bandai character, and isn't bound to the Playstation?

Agu- Nightmare. Nightmare is who I meant.
I had a dream that Nightmare was confirmed and Heihachi was an assist trophy.

It was weird.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, I worded that badly.

I'm more than happy to see it in the game, but I've never actually seen Heihachi get that much support until.....right now actually. Even then this thread isn't much but it's cool to see people play with the idea.
I don't know if Heihachi or Jin would be the choices of a Tekken rep, I'm not much of a Tekken guy but they seem to have the same amount of fame.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
5 third parties out of 24 characters is almost half the roster?
Fixed my post, but I'll be honest...I remember very little of that game beyond the fact that the roster was bland and quickly dropped on my end. Thank you for the correction!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I don't know if Heihachi or Jin would be the choices of a Tekken rep, I'm not much of a Tekken guy but they seem to have the same amount of fame.
Yeah, they could easily go either way assuming Sakurai finds a way to implement them properly. Jin definitely has more "potential" when you consider his Devil form and his Sasuke Standard form.

Seems like Sakurai prefers Heihachi though so......

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Question to everyone: I’ve always wanted Chrono in from the SNES classic Chrono trigger in Smash not just cause I like the idea of a swordsman with the power of lightning but Chrono Trigger music is simply amazing. Plus, a stage that travels between time eras and a possible Frog assist trophy would be pretty cool. What’s your thoughts on Chrono and how would you react to him getting in?

That boi out here looking like a Dragon Ball Z character..... Me Like.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly, the only "newcomer rules" I'm still subscribing to is that they have to come from a video game and to not too expect many this time.
Sprinkle a little common sense on top of it (so, no Master Chief) and Sakurai could probably use it to blow everyone's minds. Or rustle everyone's jimmies.
That's just me, though, hahaha.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
More "leaks."

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423183785
Don't ask me how I know, he (Zero from Megaman) just is. Capcom brought him to Sakurai and he liked the idea of having Zero represent Capcom's crossover fighting games.

And yes, he's probably going to be overpowered. It's tradition.

Expect a joint announcement between Capcom and Sakurai around EVO time.

Here's some proof I know what I know

Capcom will announce that the next season of SFV DLC is the last. It will focus on Third Strike fighters. And they're currently in the early stages of production of SFVI.

MvCi support is also done. The game bombed and it has no future with Capcom. They're cutting their losses.
Zero in Smash would be hype. Hopefully MMZ Zero is an alt.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/420623896/
All returning characters + 8 brand newcomers and 3 echo fighters.

Newcomers are: Inkling, Ridley, Simon Belmont, Chorus Kids, King K. Rool, Elma from Xenoblade X, Dixie Kong (not a clone, but she has some moves that resemble Dixie, like her tilts) and Ashley.

The echo fighters are Daisy, Dark Samus and Octoling.

No DQ rep and no Sora either. I don't know nothing about DLC though.

Adventure Mode returns but uses extended versions of some stages instead of exclusive field stages. I don't know if that sounds clear enough.

Yes, and it (Adventure Mode) is indeed a sequel to Subspace Emisary, although details about it are very scarce, since apparently there's a debate about whether delay it to include DLC characters in it if they are made (which I guess they will probably be made) or just go with the Brawl formula of going to secret places to unlock characters that don't appear in that mode like Jiggs, Wolf and T. Link.

All stages return sans Miiverse and Hanenbow, for some weird reason.

Yes, there is a story mode.

Classic mode is same as always, but the final boss after Master/Master and Crazy hands isn't Master Core like in Smash 4, but instead, Final Destination. Yep, the stage itself becomes the enemy and has some weird phases and changes.
This one was shown to me by perfectchaos83 perfectchaos83 and has seemingly been taken down from 4chan. I can't even find it on my archive either. Weird. All Stages returning minus Miiverse and Hanenbow seems unlikely though.
>K.Rool is a newcomer, relatively heavy, uses DKC1 design, has DKC2, 3, & 64 skins
>Geno is one of two main (there are 3 but one is an echo) third party fighters in this game, attacks can be hit at the right time for extra damage
>Ashley has gotten the Little Mac treatment, uses lots of projectiles
>Bandana Dee uses a mix of Beam, Spear, Parasol, and a bit of Staff
>Tibby, his attacks have a beat that can be pressed to for lots of combo-ing and extra damage
>Simon Belmont, the other big third party character, uses long ranged whip attacks
>Shadow, an Echo of Sonic, main difference is final smash, Chaos Control
>Ninten, an Echo of Ness, final smash is PK Beam, otherwise the same
>Dark Samus, an Echo of Samus
>Isabelle, an Echo of Villager
Regular stuff.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
There's more to Namco Bandai then just fighting games and Pac Man.
There's also more to Capcom than fighting games and visual novels.

But aside from Mega Man 11, those are the only things Capcom is giving a **** about lately.

As for Namco, fighting games is pretty much nearly everything they make nowadays lol

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
These fan rosters and leaks have no variety. They always have the same characters. There's always Simon and K. Rool, and almost always Dixie, Bandanna Dee, a Gen VII Pokemon, and Elma.

KMDP

Smash Legend
There's more to Namco Bandai then just fighting games and Pac Man.
Yeah, like Digimon, which is still absolutely still a thing in Japan and Latin America, even if Europe and North America no longer care.

I still care, Digimon, I still care.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Almost like he was drawn by the same guy!
In fact it's kinda become a running trend that Toriyama cycles through the same dozen faces, lmao.

Hell, EIGHT GOES SUPER SAIYAN AT MAX TENSION.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom