• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What is with you guys associating Yoshi with tax fraud? I know it is some kind of meme, but why would he do that?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd honestly love to see Lyn in Smash Bros. She's the most popular lord based off of the first Choose Your Legends poll (Which the devs thought Lucina was going to win) and could definitely bring something new to the table with her fast and flashy fighting style. She can also use a bow, which opens up more possibilities.

Lyn for Smash Ultimate DLC. Lets make it happen guys.

>Fourth of July
>Young Link and not Captain Falcon

Sakurai has failed us.
I think they're picking random names out of a hat at this point.

That being said, I think pushing Lyn support for SSB6 (whenever that'll be) would be the best course of action to take, as it doesn't seem like she'll get promoted once again.

D

Deleted member

I think for a DK AT, it should be a normal Kremlin just attacking you.
They are the most popular DK "Goombas" I suppose.

Or even Rambi for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It comes from a Tumblr post in response to the YouTube video "64 Things Wrong with Yoshi" (which I love btw)
Oh, that makes sense. Never thought a nice dino like Yoshi would do such a thing. Maybe Boshi keeps framing him somehow? LOL

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hector can wait behind Lyn
Yeah wait for someone who's already deconfirmed
good thinkin :rolleyes: We ALL, and I mean A L L know if anyone was gonna get promoted from Assist to Playable as DLC, it'd be Waluigi. Don't even lie.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
All signs point to 8 costumes a character. Hoping for otherwise is setting yourself up for a disappointment.
Except many characters in 4 have more than 8 costume slots so the idea has precedent and Meta Ridley wasn't one of his 8 alts....."All signs" don't point that way at all.

What so they took the time to color an extra alt for Ridley to take it out later in favor of Meta Ridley? Didn't we say they wouldn't remove content they spent time on already with the whole Waluigi discussion?

I'm not saying they couldn't do it. Saying every sign points to 8 alts period is just not correct, though.

Heck maybe Ridley will get the Little Mac treatment and have 8 bonus recolors and thats it. Everyone else gets 8. That would make sense....rip Fire Mario if thats the case.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have like a dozen ideas for Yoshi series ATs...
What about Pak E. Derm? Since he is so skilled at blocking things even above him, wouldn't it be chaotic if he were to divide the stage between players who can't get past him from either side unless they land a few attacks on him?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What about Pak E. Derm? Since he is so skilled at blocking things even behind him, wouldn't it be chaotic if he were to divide the stage between players who can't get past him from either side unless they land a few attacks on him?
Great, also I don't think him being in the background of the Yoshi's Story stage prevents him from being an AT.

There's also a flock of Goonies rapidly flying across the stage

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wait, today's update is really Young Link? That's funny, I was literally just rewatching Young Link's character trailer a minute ago.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Except many characters in 4 have more than 8 costume slots so the idea has precedent and Meta Ridley wasn't one of his 8 alts....."All signs" don't point that way at all.

What so they took the time to color an extra alt for Ridley to take it out later in favor of Meta Ridley? Didn't we say they wouldn't remove content they spent time on already with the whole Waluigi discussion?

I'm not saying they couldn't do it. Saying every sign points to 8 alts period is just not correct, though.

Heck maybe Ridley will get the Little Mac treatment and have 8 bonus recolors and thats it. Everyone else gets 8. That would make sense....rip Fire Mario if thats the case.
Little Mac would not lose half his alts if there were plans to give other characters more than 8.

For Ridley, they could easily have simply not finished the Meta Ridley swap in time for the demo. There's hardly any footage of that swap in action. They're not gonna let something like that hold them back from making him playable.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Still waiting for a Psycho Mantis assist.
All he does is make your controller shake for ****s n giggles. Considering HD rumble is a thing, he could improve upon it. Hell, he could even read your memory to know your games.

"Ah, I see you played Super Mario Odyssey. Do you like taking control of others against their will?"

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Little Mac would not lose half his alts if there were plans to give other characters more than 8.

For Ridley, they could easily have simply not finished the Meta Ridley swap in time for the demo. There's hardly any footage of that swap in action. They're not gonna let something like that hold them back from making him playable.
That doesn't mean they had to give him a fill in alt either. Is 8 player Smash available at the demo and I just missed it?

Edit: I want to respond to the Little Mac part too but I dont have a clue what you meant. I didn't cmsay anything about Little Mac losing alts.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Wait, today's update is really Young Link? That's funny, I was literally just rewatching Young Link's character trailer a minute ago.
I can't get over how amazing he looks. An OoT/MM remake on the Switch would be amazing

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
good thinkin :rolleyes: We ALL, and I mean A L L know if anyone was gonna get promoted from Assist to Playable as DLC, it'd be Waluigi. Don't even lie.
Nah, the only way they're going to ever get into Smash in any form would be in the shape of alternate costumes.
Like so:
Smash we need disguises.png

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
DK really should have at least Rambi (who's just like Gogoat but better).

Also, Cranky Kong, who appears on a Rocking Chair and moans at you like Mr. Resetti, except he rambles about how much better games were in his day, and how much better he would be at this game. Naturally, you can't get rid of him until he leaves on his own.
Capital idea. Then he'd get upgraded to playable in the following installment, because tempting fate.

I see you like... Senran Kagura...!
Still hoping there's a Katsuragi board for that forthcoming pinball spin-off.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ew, 9gag. How could you betray me like this?
Okay, to be fair, the original meme was from 9gag, but the edits are OG.
However, I will commit minor Seppuku for not noticing.

EDIT: And like that, all traces of my sin have been wiped away.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Still waiting for a Psycho Mantis assist.
I don’t even think he should be an Assist.

I think he should be saved for a Codec with Simon.

Snake: “Otacon, there’s this guy with a whip running around here.”

Otacon: “That’s Simon Belmont Snake! He’s a member of the Belmont lineage. Watch out for that whip. He can strike in 8 different directions!”

Snake: “Hmmm...this guy seems familiar for some reason.”

Otacon: “Actually, there may be a reason for-“

Psycho Mantis: “So, you like to play Castlevania?”

This would be totally awesome.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Waluigi is too busy with Tennis to continue waiting (besides, both he and Lyn have much better chances in getting in than Hector)
I have already talked to Lyn fanboys who say she is a good unit. Nothing will affect me.
Guess I’ll have to also bring in the fangirls, and leave out the Heroes Lyn(s) of course...cause that’s just unfair

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Waluigi is too busy with Tennis to continue waiting (besides, both he and Lyn have much better chances in getting in than Hector)

Guess I’ll have to also bring in the fangirls, and leave out the Heroes Lyn of course...cause that’s just unfair
Since when girls play Fire Emblem? Those games are for freaks.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Since when girls play Fire Emblem? Those games are for freaks.
Thank you. :shyguy:

I actually only played Fates anyway, so I probably don't count as a bonafide "fan." Tried to play one with Marth but it bored me. Nothing against the game, I just have issues with handling games with lower graphic settings than I'm used to. I can't even play Fire Red anymore. Sad life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if Meta Ridley is an echo fighter that's being hidden in plain sight a la Dark Pit's appearance at the end Palutena's trailer? He's such a popular character that he deserves to be on the roster twice :troll:.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
What if Meta Ridley is an echo fighter that's being hidden in plain sight a la Dark Pit's appearance at the end Palutena's trailer? He's such a popular character that he deserves to be on the roster twice :troll:.
Gross. How dare you.

He'd totally be a semi-clone.:troll:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I just remembered something

There was something about a Luigi mansion for 3ds coming and a release date will be revealed in july

I smell a mini direct coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom