• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Daisy made the cut, then I guess Hilda could be fair game as Zelda's echo fighter. Of course, Zelda could just get a palette that references her.
This is a slippery slope of making characters echoes just because they can be echoes. I mean, Hilda? At least Daisy shows up in a boatload of games and clawed her way into the popularity circle.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Can I just say good riddance to that ugly *** Daisy color for Peach?

Not even hating because I wanted Daisy in, I've always thought it was the worst alt in every game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This is a slippery slope of making characters echoes just because they can be echoes. I mean, Hilda? At least Daisy shows up in a boatload of games and clawed her way into the popularity circle.
The only way to make this worth the character is her to have the Hi, I'm Daisy as a taunt.

KMDP

Smash Legend
People're going crazy with the Echo Fighter label!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
She already has a Hilda pallette
Guess I overlooked that.

To be very honest, I'm not really expecting Hilda to be playable anyway. She could at least receive a trophy cameo though.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I mean, literally half of the Fire Emblem characters we have in the game don't have blue hair.
Wasn't my argument.

I know that. I was only stating that as a counterpoint as opposed to anything I thought.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If a character is only now getting support after the reveal of echo fighters, then they probably aren't going to be added.

But that's just me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If a character is only now getting support after the reveal of echo fighters, then they probably aren't going to be added.

But that's just me.
It's only because certain costumes and asissts are missing from the game and some of those certain few can be created into clones since their models already well preexist in the previous game. It can't just be them not being included for the sake of not being included, it has to be because they're playable!!! HAS TO!!!

I'm being sarcastic by the way

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Still trying to figure out why Sakurai didn't give Young Link his Majora's Mask gear. Don't even have to change his moveset, just give him the Razor Sword, Hero's Shield, and Pirate Hookshot. Oh and make his fairy taunt yellow instead of blue. As of now he's just Young Link who stole some items from big Link.

Plus then we'd have representation from OoT, Majora's Mask, LttP/LBW, Wind Waker, and Breath of the Wild.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
It's only because certain costumes and asissts are missing from the game and some of those certain few can be created into clones since their models already well preexist in the previous game. It can't just be them not being included for the sake of not being included, it has to be because they're playable!!! HAS TO!!!

I'm being sarcastic by the way
BLUE SHIRT BLUE SHORTS 'MAJOR CIRCUIT' LITTLE MAC ECHO CONFIRMED!!!

Seriously, I want the echoes to be used pretty sparingly. They are still clones, whatever name we want to give them this week. I don't want them to bloat the roster; it's gonna be big enough otherwise. Daisy was a good choice since she is an easy clone and has a significant amount of popularity in her own right, but most of the 'echo' ideas, particularly if they would have no differences from the parent (Daisy's even got a few different animations, while Lucy and Pittoo have a few differences) - why don't they just become alts?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They are not going to make an one-time Zelda character an Echo Fighter. I don't expect Hilda to get in Smash as an Echo Fighter. It's pointless. Are people really that desperate for a Zelda newcomer that they want Hilda as a Zelda Echo?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
They are not going to make an one-time Zelda character an Echo Fighter. I don't expect Hilda to get in Smash as an Echo Fighter. It's pointless. Are people really that desperate for a Zelda newcomer that they want Hilda as a Zelda Echo?
First of all, yes.

Second of all, Sheik is a minor-one time Zelda character (literally) and she has a unique everything. Hilda is far more important and would require far less work.

(Which isn't to say I want echoes, but just want to point that out)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They are not going to make an one-time Zelda character an Echo Fighter.
Untitled.png

Sorry I couldn't hear you.

EDIT: I know Sheik isn't a clone of anyone but still saying.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Waluigi is like, a hundred times better than Daisy?
Two people called me a girl today, that's freaking me out.
Twas a joke. Didn't think I needed to spell that out.

And I didn't call you a girl. I used "S/he" because I saw you get quoted earlier about it and it confused me so I just put that to not offend either way. I'll use "he" in the future, then.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I want Phendrana Drifts from Metroid Prime.

I've also wanted this to be a stage since before Smash 4 was announced. A snowy cliff stage would be pretty cool, maybe only a couple platforms have ice on it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So since the American Smash Ultimate site hasn't update and probably won't until tomorrow because the 4th, I Google translated the Japanese site and boy was I not dissapointed.

View attachment 151563
The American Smash site has been updated with Young Link since 5 or 6pm (for me atleast)
Real talk, FE characters are just too much by this point. Smash has given it a bad rep, making it seem it is only about "blue haired swordfighters."
Well good thing there’s only :ultmarth::ultike::ultlucina: and Chrom compared to :ultroy::ultrobin:ultcorrin:and Lyn, so all they would have to do is add Celica+Alm to gain more FE characters without blue hair
So there's been plenty of talk about a potential Microsoft character between Banjo, Master Chief, and Steve (ugh).

But who would you want if we were to somehow get a Sony character? Is there anyone that'd even be worth adding on Sony's end? Considering we already have Snake and Cloud, and have a non-ignorable shot of getting Crash/Spyro as DLC, I think those four by far outstrip any actual Sony characters to me.
Just Crash

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I've also wanted this to be a stage since before Smash 4 was announced. A snowy cliff stage would be pretty cool, maybe only a couple platforms have ice on it.
One of my most wanted stages is a snowy stage. It doesn't really matter from what game it's from, I just think a stage covered in snow could look very nice. There is Icicle Mountain, but that stage is kind of ugly lol.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
First of all, yes.

Second of all, Sheik is a minor-one time Zelda character (literally) and she has a unique everything. Hilda is far more important and would require far less work.

(Which isn't to say I want echoes, but just want to point that out)
Sheik? Minor? Hilda? Far more important? Okay. Embarrass

Hilda would be a waste of an Echo slot when that Echo slot could have gone to a more popular character who could be an Echo... like Impa. :crazy:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm fully expecting some monkey paw **** if we get another Metroid stage (which I doubt).

"Metroid gets a new Prime Trilogy stage, BUT it's Magmoor Caverns or Bryyo Fire."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sheik? Minor? Hilda? Far more important? Okay. Embarrass

Hilda would be a waste of an Echo slot when that Echo slot could have gone to a more popular character who could be an Echo... like Impa. :crazy:
What if Hilda becomes an echo and Impa get to be a unique character?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I thought of a fun game!
Based on the remaining stages pick your top 5 you want to return that haven't been confirmed yet. Doesn't have to be in order. Here's the pic for reference.
View attachment 151470

5. Orbital Gate - I thought this stage was gorgeous on the Wii U and I can't wait to see it on the Switch. I also thought it was a fun stage and showed an aspect of Star Fox that wasn't just fight one one ship.
4. Meta Crystal - Would be a superrrrr cool call back. I don't know if it's possible though since it was never a selectable stage.
3. Pac Maze - The superior Pac Man stage and I'm worried it won't come back due to "1 stage per third party series". Hopefully that's wrong.
2. Brinstar Depths - What a cool stage! Make it prettier and it would be amazing.
1. Poke Floats - Despite being one of the laziest stages made, it is the best stage in Smash history, nuff said. Can't have Smash Ultimate without it.
Meta Crystal - It would look really cool.
Melee Mute City - Was one of my favorites.
Old School Mute City - I guess I really like the F-Zero stages.
Pac-Maze - It's much better than MS Paint-land.
Delfino Plaza - Mario Sunshine is too strong to ignore.

Honorable Mention to Melee Pokemon Stadium, and the Daytime version of Wily Castle.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm fully expecting some monkey paw **** if we get another Metroid stage (which I doubt).

"Metroid gets a new Prime Trilogy stage, BUT it's Magmoor Caverns or Bryyo Fire."
Phendrana Drifts with Sheegoth/Thardus hazards pls k thx

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What if Hilda becomes an echo and Impa get to be a unique character?
Do people really want Hilda as a playable fighter? Is Hilda really that popular? Or do people just want her for the sake of having more Echo Fighters?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Do people really want Hilda as a playable fighter? Is Hilda really that popular? Or do people just want her for the sake of having more Echo Fighters?
Replace Hilda with Funky Kong and then you notice there's a huge string of patterns going on with Echoes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Replace Hilda with Funky Kong and then you notice there's a huge string of patterns going on with Echoes.
Yes but is Hilda really that popular to justify her inclusion as an Echo Fighter? I mean, she isn't Daisy or even Funky Kong.

D

Deleted member

"clawed her way into the popularity circle"

I really do not want to imagine Daisy with beast claws ripping through something.

Also I am honestly fine that Daisy is an echo-fighter.

But that's just me.
I feel the same way.

Off-Topic, but....
I love how everyone used to hate clones before E3 and now everyone wants clones now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She might be for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom