• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Doesn't one of Captain Falcon's alts in Melee alter his hitbox slightly?
Not just one of them.

The different colors have very slightly different widths for dealing with stage collisions/interaction (hurtboxes are exactly the same). It manages to make a difference here and normal CF doesn't collide with the wall until later in the animation than the others, and when he does get adjusted by touching it it's enough to put him barely over the edge and so he falls.

This should give you an idea of how small of a difference it is and how they compare relative to one another (measured in DerpMeters):

Normal 1088
White .1096

Blue ..1097
Red ...1099
Black .1100
Green .1102
All of them.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Found this on a 4chan "leaks" thread (link here). It's pretty old (I saw it when I was doing the original count), but I'm bringing it in front of you now as there's a slim chance it's real and we've got little else to talk about.
View attachment 151594
Other misc. statements from anons that may or may not be true:
I can't sauce that K.Rool but Dixie and her portrait look off as ****.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Found this on a 4chan "leaks" thread (link here). It's pretty old (I saw it when I was doing the original count), but I'm bringing it in front of you now as there's a slim chance it's real and we've got little else to talk about.
View attachment 151594
Hmmm, I swear I have seen that K. Rool model somewhere.

Pakky

Smash Hero
View attachment 151594
Where's the golden gut? Are there going to be multiple versions of the King outfit?

I mean Dixie is doing something not just idling but her ponytail looks like a stiff Project M model.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Not just one of them.

All of them.
.......wwwwwhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I wish I could figure out what the devs were thinking at the time.

I stand corrected I guess. Maybe we will get adjusted hitboxes for skins. I still think that would be dumb but it has precedent so.:mad088:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder if any K. Rool fans instantly believe the "leak".

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
.......wwwwwhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I wish I could figure out what the devs were thinking at the time.

I stand corrected I guess. Maybe we will get adjusted hitboxes for skins. I still think that would be dumb but it has precedent so.:mad088:
Trust me, I'm right there with you, dude. Altering hitboxes based on skins would be really weird. And stupid.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
View attachment 151594
Finally, an image leak! I don't care that it's fake, i'm just so glad to see an image leak after the barrage of text leaks we've been getting recently!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Full on alt costumes?

I'd be pretty happy if Hyrule Warriors Zelda and Ganon were in.

Also the Twilight Princess versions of them were my favorite but they had two games in a row so it ain't happening.

Casual Mega Man and Bearded Ryu would be cool too. Not sure what Samus would get, I guess the actual fusion suit, but with the same colors?

Just give me Fire Mario back and Purple Mega Man alt.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So there's been plenty of talk about a potential Microsoft character between Banjo, Master Chief, and Steve (ugh).

But who would you want if we were to somehow get a Sony character? Is there anyone that'd even be worth adding on Sony's end? Considering we already have Snake and Cloud, and have a non-ignorable shot of getting Crash/Spyro as DLC, I think those four by far outstrip any actual Sony characters to me.
Kat from Gravity Rush comes to mind, she has the bubbly personality, star quality, a great game, and more than enough moveset potential to join Smash.
I would agree that FE has enough but I care about character designs and potential movesets more than "muh reps" and Celica checks both selling points so....I'm all for her.
Celica is nice, I'm rooting for Fjorm I like the whole ice based lancer theme, Micaiah is a good choice too.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
View attachment 151594
Seems legit.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Actually, about that leak:

Is it me or does that Ridley model look a lot like the PM Ridley?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kat from Gravity Rush comes to mind, she has the bubbly personality, star quality, a great game, and more than enough moveset potential to join Smash.

Celica is nice, I'm rooting for Fjorm I like the whole ice based lancer theme, Micaiah is a good choice too.
If the devs somehow pulled the strings to get a Sony character, I'd personally would want Ratchet and Clank. Lots of weapons to choose from, tons of stage potential, great music from the first 4 games, and an all around good series.

Though I'd much rather have a third party either closely related to Nintendo or all around iconic to gaming as a whole.

Or a Tekken character if I'm being 100% bias.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
View attachment 151594
All I can say is

Please for the love of God be real

But, I don't think it is.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Thanks anon we're saved (though did it really even look real?)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
On the earlier topic of most controversial character inclusions in Smash, Wolf was up there with ROB in Brawl. Casuals reacted very negatively to him with the thought of "Brawl's final secret newcomer is JUST ANOTHER FOX CLONE?!", with most writing him off as a Fox clone after a surface-level look at his special moves. Even near the end of Brawl's life I saw some casual players still complaining about his addition and even wanting him cut to "get rid of the clones". There was also the whole Wolf vs. Krystal conflict in the Brawl days, and the large amount of Krystal fans reacted very negatively to Wolf getting in over her. Wolf's reception among hardcore players was a lot more positive though, and others grown to view him more positively as time went on after discovering he wasn't the clone they thought he was and finding him fun to play.

Then there's Lucario under the tier of ROB and Wolf in Brawl, with the whole "Lucario replaced Mewtwo!" bull****, which there are still some people who believe it to this day despite Mewtwo being in Smash 4 alongside Lucario, no excuse for thinking they're any sort of clones of each other, and it being common knowledge that Mewtwo was planned in Brawl. Funny thing is if any characters in Brawl were to blame for Mewtwo getting cut, it was either Jigglypuff (being the closest thing to Mewtwo's direct competition for a slot as they were both gen 1 pokemon veterans that were low priority) or Pokemon Trainer (as he brought three unique gen 1 pokemon newcomers onto the playable roster and would thus be a lot more responsible for pushing Mewtwo to low priority). Greninja in Smash 4 also got the "he replaced Mewtwo!" slag too, with a lot of people thinking Greninja's reveal trailer was going to be for Mewtwo, though it profilerated nowhere near as severely as Lucario.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Realistically, there's no way it'd have a separate hitbox. That's an actual gameplay difference. They don't do that for costumes. Because any gameplay differences require another slot, which in this case, isn't worth doing. It'll most likely be a phantom hitbox.

Also, that's a fun leak. Leaker did a pretty decent job at it. Reasonable photoshop.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can't say I ever got super salty about character inclusions.

I've been mildly disappointed before(with Dark Pit), for sure, but I just end up ignoring that character and pick someone I actually care about.

But yeah, I remember a lot of people hating him, Lucina, Dr. Mario(how could they). And R.O.B during the Brawl days.

Lucario got too much hate for basically having a single move that's similar to Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm only mad about Dark Pit because of the actual unused pile of KIU weapons he could use in place of Pit's.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm only mad about Dark Pit because of the actual unused pile of KIU weapons he could use in place of Pit's.
That's exactly why I was mildly disappointed with him. I'm not expecting him to be completely different, but he could have had different Smash Attacks using the weapons or something. Make him more comparable to Wolf and not so much Lucina.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
View attachment 151594
This is a fake image. the friend of a GFAQs user made the K. Rool Render.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXzPh8YVQAA1ECc.jpg

Post #32: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76688667

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's exactly why I was mildly disappointed with him. I'm not expecting him to be completely different, but he could have had different Smash Attacks using the weapons or something. Make him more comparable to Wolf and not so much Lucina.
Well unlike any other clone in Smash,:ultdarkpit:fights and thinks the exact same way as :ultpit: due to being his exact copy (other than personality and smarts), so him fighting differently in any way wouldn’t really make much sense for him to be given

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well unlike any other clone in Smash,:ultdarkpit:fights and thinks the exact same way as :ultpit: due to being his exact copy (other than personality and smarts), so him fighting differently in any way wouldn’t really make much sense for him to be given
...I don't even like Kid Icarus (as in, I've sat and watched playthroughs of each installment, new and old) all that much and even I can say that's patently untrue, lol.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom