• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is a slippery slope of making characters echoes just because they can be echoes. I mean, Hilda? At least Daisy shows up in a boatload of games and clawed her way into the popularity circle.
Exactly. Daisy earned her place on the Smash roster even if it was only as an Echo Fighter.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Waluigi is like, a hundred times better than Daisy?
Two people called me a girl today, that's freaking me out.

Why did :4alph: have to suffer, bros? Why?
Seriously. Give :4alph: rock pikmin, add him to the CSS, and then call it a day

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How much would they charge for a costume? .99? 1.99? 3 buckaroos for a costume?

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
How much would they charge for a costume? .99? 1.99? 3 buckaroos for a costume?
They could give you two options:
1.) Release each costume individually for $.99.
OR
2.) The costumes are part of one wave and you can buy them altogether for one price.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Each time echo fighters are mentioned I want to roll around on the floor and cry.

If the next reveal is another clone I swear I will have an aneurysm.

KMDP

Smash Legend
One of my most wanted stages is a snowy stage. It doesn't really matter from what game it's from, I just think a stage covered in snow could look very nice. There is Icicle Mountain, but that stage is kind of ugly lol.
I mean... technically Shadow Moses Island is a snow stage.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm hoping that after Smash 4 EVO Grand Finals they'll show a trailer. It'd be such a perfect way for Nintendo to get in on the competitive community in a really big way. In fact, I'm almost certain Nintendo's the only company there that doesn't release any trailers concurrently with EVO that tens of thousands of people attend and watch online.
It will most likely be a 3rd party character if Nintendo opted for that route.
loz18 also said there was a direct in August. I'm hoping lloyd Irving is revealed in that month as Tales of Symphonia's 15th Anniversary is at the end of August.
My theory is looking a tiny bit more plausible. Okami HD is also in August, August 9th to be precise, so it has a chance to star in a Nintendo Direct since its such a cult classic and has a good following. Also not many are expecting Amaterasu (or other characters outside of the usual suspects to be revealed (King K, Ashley, Elma, Geno, Isabelle, Bandana Dee, etc.) understandably).

She on no ones radar yet she would easily be an interesting and fun Smash character with a SLIGHT chance that she could possibly be one of Sakurai's picks which makes her just as likely despite not being not being the most talked about. At the very least she could be DLC and the next Capcom rep.

But I have no expectations, just a slight glimmer of hope. After all, it's just a theory... A GAM- *hit with a brick*

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Each time echo fighters are mentioned I want to roll around on the floor and cry.

If the next reveal is another clone I swear I will have an aneurysm.
Geeeeet used to it.
Sakurai is loving this new clone direction and he's going full-steam ahead with it with Smash 4.

Pakky

Smash Hero
1530763088290.jpeg

Impossible, if I saw it I'd call the game a liar.

A dirty liar that always wants me to be disappointed.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I actually wonder if the extended vertical height of Mario's wedding hat also heightens his hitbox.
I seriously doubt it.

Theres just no reason to go through the effort, assuming its even possible.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I seriously doubt it.
It's clearly bigger in size than his regular hat. So you could miss Mario despite hitting say the top of his hat? YES
I CAN COIN A TERM
WEDDING WHIFFING

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
It's clearly bigger in size than his regular hat. So you could miss Mario despite hitting say the top of his hat? YES
I CAN COIN A TERM
WEDDING WHIFFING
Yeah, it looks bigger but to be fair there are attacks in plenty of fighting games that visually hit their mark but hitboxes and hurtboxes aren't perfect so they don't connect.

I also added after you quoted me that theres just no reason to go through the effort of extending Mario's hurtbox for that one skin, which is still assuming its something they can do.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
If any Zelda character is going to be an echo fighter it's Impa. I'm calling it right now.
I’d rather have Impa be a unique character with Sheikah abilities and maybe some inspiration from Hyrule Warriors like her naginata and water sword.

I mean, it would make Impa the first unique Zelda character after 17 years.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I also added after you quoted me that theres just no reason to go through the effort of extending Mario's hurtbox for that one skin, which is still assuming its something they can do.
Was just a thought, it'd only be by a few pixels if they did do it. But if it's notable about it in that costume, wedding whiffing is canon.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I CAN COIN A TERM
WEDDING WHIFFING
I'd personally go with Phantom Hat, but yours is pretty good too.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Was just a thought, it'd only be by a few pixels if they did do it. But if it's notable about it in that costume, wedding whiffing is canon.
Nah, I thought about it too a little before you made a post about it. They could do it in theory but realistically its a straight up nerf....for no payoff.

Like "yeah we got you this ballin' outfit but if you pick it your character becomes objectively worse. Enjoy!" I doubt casuals would care but still theres just no reason to do it.:laugh:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Found this on a 4chan "leaks" thread (link here). It's pretty old (I saw it when I was doing the original count), but I'm bringing it in front of you now as there's a slim chance it's real and we've got little else to talk about.
1530763776225.jpg

Other misc. statements from anons that may or may not be true:
Simon Belmont is in, and then five other fighters that have yet to be revealed
Simon next week.

Chibi Robo is in too but I dunno when.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom