• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I thought of a fun game!
Based on the remaining stages pick your top 5 you want to return that haven't been confirmed yet. Doesn't have to be in order. Here's the pic for reference.
09b.png

5. Orbital Gate - I thought this stage was gorgeous on the Wii U and I can't wait to see it on the Switch. I also thought it was a fun stage and showed an aspect of Star Fox that wasn't just fight one one ship.
4. Meta Crystal - Would be a superrrrr cool call back. I don't know if it's possible though since it was never a selectable stage.
3. Pac Maze - The superior Pac Man stage and I'm worried it won't come back due to "1 stage per third party series". Hopefully that's wrong.
2. Brinstar Depths - What a cool stage! Make it prettier and it would be amazing.
1. Poke Floats - Despite being one of the laziest stages made, it is the best stage in Smash history, nuff said. Can't have Smash Ultimate without it.

D

Deleted member

Let me now bring a new discussion topic:

Break the Targets/Board the Platforms stages builder.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Poke Floats
3. Sector Z
4. Kongo Jungle
5. PAC-MAZE

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I thought of a fun game!
Based on the remaining stages pick your top 5 you want to return that haven't been confirmed yet. Doesn't have to be in order. Here's the pic for reference.
  • Metal Cavern - Having this unplayable, yet perfectly fine stage playable for the first time ever would be hype
  • Pac-Maze - They need the good Pac-Man stage, dammit!
  • Fountain of Dreams - Stage is beautiful, music gorgeous, has a unique take on the Battlefield layout. I love it.
  • Poke Floats - Because Poke Floats
  • Gamer - The concept of the stage was just brilliant and I hope it comes back.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait I just realized something...would it take much to simply reuse already existing character models to build characters from? I got the whole idea from ZSS to build Bayo and Ike for Cloud, but for characters like Chrom, Dark Samus, Shadow, Isabelle and Ashley, they all already have ingame models. Not sure how that works though but just something I thought.
Making the characters different isn't the hard part, it's balancing. Echos like DP and Lucina need only be balanced against their original (when Lucina was low of the tier list, she was buffed until she was roughly equal to Marth) wheras anything involving entirely new attacks, speed, height and weight have to be balanced against the entire roster. And it's 64 unique movesets big. And each newcomers adds one to that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
People need to get over the ballot.
We are in a new game now. Bayonetta was chosen by Sakurai and his team, and they are the creator of the games.

In his prison he is probably eating donuts and having a good time.
I agree. Honestly, I'm just a bot confused about it,
Sure he was planned 2 weeks in advance, but even so, I Saw alot of People on Miiverse wanted her, and she simply got the most votes in Germany (I think) and still won the ballot, they got their ballot character, why's every so ticked off? xD

MainJPW

M.T.A
I thought of a fun game!

5. Orbital Gate - I thought this stage was gorgeous on the Wii U and I can't wait to see it on the Switch. I also thought it was a fun stage and showed an aspect of Star Fox that wasn't just fight one one ship.
4. Meta Crystal - Would be a superrrrr cool call back. I don't know if it's possible though since it was never a selectable stage.
3. Pac Maze - The superior Pac Man stage and I'm worried it won't come back due to "1 stage per third party series". Hopefully that's wrong.
2. Brinstar Depths - What a cool stage! Make it prettier and it would be amazing.
1. Poke Floats - Despite being one of the laziest stages made, it is the best stage in Smash history, nuff said. Can't have Smash Ultimate without it.
  1. Fountain of Dreams
  2. Orbital Gate Assult
  3. Congo Jungle
  4. Rainbow Road
  5. Mute City
With Mute City, remaster it. Make it look like Mario Kart 8's Mute City.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

Meta crystal - it really needs to be time for this stage to be playable
Gamer - brilliant stage changes ever time and it's funny that a moma can nearly instant ko fighters
Poke floats - difference is update it with Pokémon outside generation two
Jungle hijinx - I absolutely loved that there's two stages in one in this one
Pac-maze - they need to give Pac-man a real stage

If there was a sixth it would be fountain of dreams by far

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Looks like I missed a few interesting topics.

Evidence shows that Bayonetta was chosen two weeks into the ballot, and didn't 'win' it? I believe it.

I think the ballot is being used this time around, though, seeing how popular characters are at least making it in as Assist Trophies. Krystal and Knuckles are the best examples of this. As for newcomers, I don't think ballot scores factored into Inkling, Ridley, and possibly Daisy. The next few newcomers may end up as fan-favorites that were a result of the ballot, we'll just have to wait and see.

I think people may be looking too far into Dark Samus. She hasn't been seen as an Assist Trophy, true, but there's many we haven't seen out of the supposedly 50+ of them. Possible that she just wasn't in the demo, as they would've prioritized new Assist Trophies to show off like Krystal and Knuckles. Samus losing her Dark Samus alt doesn't mean much, either, as judging by Ridley, some of the demo alts may have been placeholders. Same

Five Stages I want to return:
1) Orbital Gate
2) Sector Z
3) Poke Floats
4) Pirate Ship
5) Fountain of Dreams

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

5. Fountain Of Dreams
4. Delfino Plaza
3. Rainbow Road
2. Gamer
1. Miiverse

osby

Smash Obsessed
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

1. Delfino Plaza. Prettiest Mario stage.
  2. Yoshi's Island
  3. Pirate Ship
  4. Pac-Maze
  5. Gamer

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

My top 5:

1. Meta Crystal
2. Rainbow Road
3. Planet Zebes
4. Mute City 3DS
5. Fountain of Dreams

Kadji100

Smash Cadet
You are breaking my heart now that you have reminded me that i want a new F-Zero more than a new Smash...
  1. Fountain of Dreams
  2. Orbital Gate Assult
  3. Congo Jungle
  4. Rainbow Road
  5. Mute City

This reminds me that E3 broke my heart...I would kill for a new F-Zero...(there were rumors about a potential leak)

Anyway, on the topic of Smash: I realy hope that people will appreciate the new Perfect Shield Mechanic.
Not only did they fix the "risk"reward" problem, it seems from the videos that the options after a perfect Shield are very good.

My only problem is, playing with GC Controllers, it may feel "muddy" if the trigger has to go back into full "neutral position" to trigger the perfect Shield.

I would freak out if we had the option of a dedicated "parry" button - there are enough buttons to do it.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Given what we now know, if there were to be a second Smash Ballot, would you trust the results this time when Sakurai tells us insertcharacterhere won it? I'm curious.

I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

Mute City (Melee)
Poke Floats - It's a stupid stage, but a glorious stupid stage.
Delfino Plaza - I'd like to see it with better graphics than Brawl, it literally looks worse than the Super Mario Sunshine version of the location, even in Wii U.
Meta Crystal/Metal Cavern
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

P.Kat

Smash Champion
One thing I'd like to remind everyone about Assist Trophies is that only a single character has ever managed to make the transition from an AT to a playable character using their own merits (guarantee you Charizard wouldn't have gotten in Brawl without the Pokemon Trainer gimmick).

A lot of people are under the impression that ATs have the best chance of becoming a playable character, but so far, there hasn't really been much to support this. If anything, being an AT could actually make it harder for a character to get in Smash just because Sakurai might have felt like that was the best way to represent them. We already got the ball rolling with the disconfirmation of Waluigi, Lyn, and Takamaru. Wouldn't be surprised if Dark Damus, Shadow, and Ashley followed shortly.
Yeah it could go either way, either we get them as newcomers or we get completely unexpected characters and they're added again as ATs later.
I'm almost certain Pokemon are not KOable. At least from the footage I've watched.
My boyfriend brought up an interesting point that it would make Goldeen wayyyyy worse to get as it would be the easiest KO to score a point. And I watched a fight where they got a Goldeen and attacks went straight through so yeah I don't think so.
I always wished they buff Goldeen. On land it'll be useless, then when it enters the water of a stage it's speed triples, it homes on to you, and uses horn attack for a OHKO. It'll be deadlier than any Shark that's for sure.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
On the subject of the ballot, the voting window for the DLC character was never stated. So they could've used the first two weeks as a gauge since they figured voting would be front loaded, meaning most votes would happen in that time frame. Not to mention that they would need the time to work on the winner. Playing a bit of devil's advocate here.

As for stages,

1. Meta Crystal
2. Gerudo Valley
3. Fountain of Dreams
4. Brinstar Depths
5. Mute City (Melee)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

1. Orbital Gate
2. Fountain of Dreams
3. Paper Mario
4. Delfino Plaza
5. Pirate Ship

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

5. Paper Mario.
4. Pac-Maze
3. Delfino Plaza
2. Rainbow Road
1. Miiverse

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
On the subject of the ballot, the voting window for the DLC character was never stated. So they could've used the first two weeks as a gauge since they figured voting would be front loaded, meaning most votes would happen in that time frame. Not to mention that they would need the time to work on the winner. Playing a bit of devil's advocate here.

As for stages,

1. Meta Crystal
2. Gerudo Valley
3. Fountain of Dreams
4. Brinstar Depths
5. Mute City (Melee)
I have good news for you, Gerudo valley has been confirmed! I think it's the background on Shiek's page.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I thought of a fun game!
Fountain of Dreams
Pirate Ship
Delfino Plaza
Gerudo Valley
Poké Floats

I have good news for you, Gerudo valley has been confirmed! I think it's the background on Shiek's page
YES!

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I agree. Honestly, I'm just a bot confused about it,
Sure he was planned 2 weeks in advance, but even so, I Saw alot of People on Miiverse wanted her, and she simply got the most votes in Germany (I think) and still won the ballot, they got their ballot character, why's every so ticked off? xD
Just realized it’s probably because they could have had another character slot

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

• Melee Yoshi's Island. I know I can put the music on another stage, but it has to be there. It always makes me smile.
  • Fountain of Dreams. It'd be gorgeous in HD. I still can't believe we didn't see it return for Brawl or Sm4sh knowing its popularity.
  • Pac-Maze. Pac Land is horrifically ugly, and Pac Man is more famous from the arcade.
  • Pirate Ship. I'm not a fan of Wind Waker's cel-shading, but the music is beyond amazing, and it'd actually look pretty good with the new cloud effects
  • Delfino Plaza. One of the tamer touring stages, and it looked really nice.
I'd love to see Mute City or Rainbow Road, but I think those should get redone in the style of Mario Kart 8's tracks (N64 Rainbow road plz). Also hoping that Mushroomy Kingdom comes with world 1-2 as well.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
*AUX CALL PUSH SELECT*

Mei Ling: Its Kirby, Snake! He looks as soft as ever... and hungry too.

Snake: I wonder... How is he always so hungry? It seems like at least half of his body is made of fat...

Mei Ling: I don't think it's fat, but I honestly don't know what it is... Marshmallows?

Snake: Marshmallows? His body looks nothing like marshmallows, it's a round pink ball! ...but does he taste like marshmallows?

Mei Ling: I bet he do- wait, WHAT?! TASTE?! Don't tell me that you're going to try to eat him, Snake! That's disgusting and wrong!

Snake: And whenever Kirby tries to eat me or someone else, you probably see it as "cute and adorable," don't you?

Mei Ling: *groan* ...

Snake: ...hypocrite.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

I need fountain of dreams and only fountain of dreams. The stage looks gorgeous in Melee, and i can’t even imagine how good it will look on the switch. Also a generally big kirby fan.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
They could have but I'd still have two problems with that

1. Even if it is front loaded, the thing I take issue with is that they implied everyone's vote would be considered, and that means anyone who voted after that period was over didn't matter for Smash 4, their vote mean't nothing for what it thought it would, and it's a easier pill to swallow now that we know there's a new smash game, but at the time people honestly believed they would have had a voice in Smash 4's DLC.

2. Wouldn't they need to test the patches a bit before releasing them? I doubt they just added the Bayo slot two weeks into the ballot and instantly released the patch without bugtesting first, which could mean they planned Bayonetta and Cloud before the two week period was over, giving the ballot even less time than we're assuming before deciding on the characters. It could have been a week and five days, a week, or not even a week.

Last edited:

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

1: Fountain of Dreams (It would look amazing with an HD makeover.)
2: Paper Mario (Give it a Color Splash-styled makeover and I'll be very pleased.)
3: Brinstar Depths (Mainly for HD Kraid.)
4: Planet Zebes (One of my favorite 64 stages.)
5: Pac-Maze (I'd much rather have this than Pac-Land...)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

1. Pac-Maze
2. Mario Bros.
3. Rainbow Road
4. Delfino Plaza
5. Fountain of Dreams

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What I primarily want now is more modern Kirby content, be it Bandana Dee, modern stages, Assist Trophies or songs. Then of course Air Ride gets a new song
Modern Kirby will get their due soon...within the next 25 years

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

5. Delfino Plaza
4. Paper Mario
3. Mute City (3DS)
2. Poke Floats
1. Brinstar Depths

Honorable mentions go to Pirate Ship, Orbital Gate Assault, Rainbow Road and Rainbow Cruise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

Just give me all the stages in the entire Smash Bros. series. :lol:

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Pac-Maze
3. Planet Zebes
4. Delfino Plaza
5. Peach's Castle

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Delfino Plaza
3. Pirate Ship
4. Rainbow Road
5. Mute City (Melee)

Pac-Maze, Paper Mario, and Yoshi's Island (Melee) get honorable mentions. That was harder for me than it should've been haha.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

Congo Jungle - 64 nostalgia
Mushroom Kingdom - same as Congo
Paper Mario - I just love the stage
Icicle Mountain - Give the Ice Climbers their stage back
Fountain of Dreams - Really, all I want is this

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I thought of a fun game!
View attachment 151470

No Particular Order.
1. Mushroom Kingdom 64- I can't tell you how many hours I spent as a kid just going in and out of the warp pipes here and seeing all the characters animations. I always had a weird fascination with Warp Pipes as a kid, and seeing characters like Kirby and such use one was really cool. Imagine every character having their own animation for going down the pipe, that'd be nuts.

2. Fountain of Dreams-A. It's one of my favorite Competitive stages and B. It's gorgeous. I really hope we can see it in glorious HD.

3. Pac Maze- A MUCH better stage for Pac Man than the abomination we call Pac Land. You can't just not have the maze, but have Pac Man.

4. Mute City- Big Blue is neat and all, but Mute City is just such a rush, especially with the old Melee remix. The platform layouts are super interesting, and I dig the asthetic. Would take it over Port Town any day.

5. Rainbow Road- The most iconic Mario Kart tracks, and the one I feel is the most needed of an HD redo. MK7's Rainbow Road is the best in the series, no contest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is beautiful, I really hope they do it like Mario Kart 8's style.
No Particular Order.
1. Mushroom Kingdom 64- I can't tell you how many hours I spent as a kid just going in and out of the warp pipes here and seeing all the characters animations. I always had a weird fascination with Warp Pipes as a kid, and seeing characters like Kirby and such use one was really cool. Imagine every character having their own animation for going down the pipe, that'd be nuts.
Oh that is interesting.
Mushroom Kingdom 64 looked kind of dull in Smash 4. I am hoping it looks great in Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They could have but I'd still have two problems with that

1. Even if it is front loaded, the thing I take issue with is that they implied everyone's vote would be considered, and that means anyone who voted after that period was over didn't matter for Smash 4, their vote mean't nothing for what it thought it would, and it's a easier pill to swallow now that we know there's a new smash game, but at the time people honestly believed they would have had a voice in Smash 4's DLC.

2. Wouldn't they need to test the patches a bit before releasing them? I doubt they just added the Bayo slot two weeks into the ballot and instantly released the patch without bugtesting first, which could mean they planned Bayonetta and Cloud before the two week period was over, giving the ballot even less time than we're assuming before deciding on the characters. It could have been a week and five days, a week, or not even a week.
1. Implication is not explicitly saying anything.
2. Just making the slots doesn't mean much if they're inaccessible to players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom