• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Krystal was just shown off as an AT on Facebook but she's not yet on the blog. Weird.
What?

huh, weird.

Also does anyone want another character from like Star Wolf so Wolf can have a :ultfalco: Leon seems like the most obvious choice? Then again is Krystal a "different" person when on Star Wofl?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Is anyone else really glad that they changed the name of Melee Kongo Jungle?

I think Kongo Falls is a really nice name for it.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
I thought of a fun game!
Based on the remaining stages pick your top 5 you want to return that haven't been confirmed yet. Doesn't have to be in order. Here's the pic for reference.
View attachment 151470

5. Orbital Gate - I thought this stage was gorgeous on the Wii U and I can't wait to see it on the Switch. I also thought it was a fun stage and showed an aspect of Star Fox that wasn't just fight one one ship.
4. Meta Crystal - Would be a superrrrr cool call back. I don't know if it's possible though since it was never a selectable stage.
3. Pac Maze - The superior Pac Man stage and I'm worried it won't come back due to "1 stage per third party series". Hopefully that's wrong.
2. Brinstar Depths - What a cool stage! Make it prettier and it would be amazing.
1. Poke Floats - Despite being one of the laziest stages made, it is the best stage in Smash history, nuff said. Can't have Smash Ultimate without it.
1) Mushroom Kingdom (64): The Interactive Warp Pipes were a nice mechanic.

2) Fountain Of Dreams: Literally one of the nicest looking stages put into the Smash Bros Series.

3) Yoshis Island (Melee): Stage that represents Super Mario World and has appeared in every smash since Melee.

4) Delfino Plaza (Brawl): Nice Stage to represent Mario Sunshine.

5) Mute City (Melee): Love this Stage and the song that goes with it.

Honorable Mentions: Jungle Hijinxs, Pac-Maze, and Poké Floats.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But fr even if they made the missing stages DLC the only ones I wouldn't buy are the scrolling ones, bar Poke Floats.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I want every stage. Every stage. Even Hanenbow.

hanenbow is love, hanenbow is life

Oh **** I forgot about Brinstar Depths. Definitely adding that to my list. Big boy Kraid needs to come home with Ridley and Mother Brain.

I'm pretty confident it's coming back though thanks to the song posting. And hopefully some of these stages are DLC if not in the base game.
yes yes yes yes YES

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
OH WE ALSO NEED RUMBLE FALLS TO **** OFF LIKE THE TRASH IT IS
Aw, but I liked Rumble Falls.

It's not my most wanted, but I'd be happy to see it back.

Now, Icicle Mountain on the other hand...

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Aw, but I liked Rumble Falls.

It's not my most wanted, but I'd be happy to see it back.

Now, Icicle Mountain on the other hand...
i want that back too

i want them all back

but, i wont lie. if it were between just mute city (melee) and all the other stages stacked against each other, ya'll know what I would pick

StormC

Smash Hero
Wait, I thought Kongo Jungle 64 was confirmed? Huh, guess not. On the list it goes!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I want every stage. Every stage. Even Hanenbow.

hanenbow is love, hanenbow is life

yes yes yes yes YES
Hanenbow was beautiful, even if it was borderline unplayable. I'd welcome it's return.

D

Deleted member

I dunno if it's been posted here already, but someone on Reddit created a mockup of what a City Trial stage could possibly look like.

Isn't this how the Spring Man/Decidueye "leaker" designed a City Trial stage for a future "leak"?

StormC

Smash Hero
Hanenbow and Mario Bros. are both on my "this stage is stupid but I love it" lists.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Why do I have the feeling that Solid Snake will be contacting the Colonel. I easily see the Colonel warning Snake about Little Mac's KO Uppercut.
As kind of a preference I've been writing Codecs with Colonel on classic/retro and more serious characters (Ganondorf, Duck Hunt, Mega Man), Mei Ling on small and cute characters (Kirby, Villager, Pichu), and Otacon on the others, especially ones that he'd potentially be a fanboy of or know a lot about being a huge nerd (Shulk, Ryu, Greninja). I definitely want to try to do some more interesting ones for all 3, but they just seemed "right" taking about those characters I already did Codecs for. Regardless, I do enjoy writing Codecs featuring Otacon the most, I feel like I can fool around with him and Snake making jokes (good and bad ones) and references the most.

Once I finish every character codec, I might do the same thing but with Sonic, Tails, Amy and Eggman. Sonic Forces "Codecs" are something I really want to see but doubt will happen, plus I feel I'll be more comfortable writing stuff with those characters rather than the KI cast. This depends on who appears as playable or an AT or other kind of NPC though. If Knux wasn't an AT, he would've been included too.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
From the Isaac thread

Supposed leak from a neogaf user: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supe...te-updated-character-videos-and-more.1463068/

Newcomers: Simon, K. Rool, Isaac, and then says he doesn't know the rest. It's post number 31 from user WhisslBlank. User says the post will be deleted soon.

As with every 'leak' that has Isaac, I hope it's real. lol
I might delete this post soon since I don't want to cause the source I got this information from any trouble though I can't help it to share this information out of curiosity, even if it won't stay here for too long.

Here is some basic information that I've got:

- The Fire Emblem Series won't receive any newcomers but 2 who are based on existing fighters
- The Legend of Zelda Series won't receive any newcomers
- The Pokemon Series won't receive any newcomers
- Something about an addition to Cloud was mentioned, though I don't know for now if it's gonna be another Final Fantasy character or some other Square Enix character

There are gonna be 12 newcomers in total from which 5 of them are going to be based on other fighters.

For the new ones I only got information on 3 characters who should appear in this title:

- Simon Belmont
- King K. Rool
- Isaac
- X
- X
- X
- X

As for the 5 who are based on other fighters I could also just get the name of 3 of them:

- Chrom based on Roy (appearently with other effects than flames?)
- Soren (I don't know about any changes but he willl be based on Robin)
- Ken ( Based on Ryu with Flame effects)
- X
- X

Some of those will be announced very soon.

Take it or leave it I don't care, I will delete this post soon anyways.

StormC

Smash Hero
nah fam Mario Bros can gtfo
But fixed camera perspective! Exact replication of the original game! It's cute.

Really though we got "retro" stages for SMB1, SMB2, and Mario Bros... where's my SMB3 stage? At least give us an Airship stage, it's so obvious.

And I'm sure we will still be waiting for a genuine Bowser's Castle stage too.

D

Deleted member

QUESTION

If this game gets DLC, who do you think would be the perfect final DLC Character?
Goku.

The community's most talked about "unrealistic" character. The one that would break the internet.
The one that would defy all expectations.

The last character Sakurai includes in the game to serve as the biggest bombshell to end with a -BANG-.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Give me back Mario Bros & Rumble Falls, I love those two janky stages, especially Rumble Falls, it's the best stage ever against CPU.

However, I won't be sad if Hanenbow doesn't make it back, I don't hate it but it's just...well, boring to fight on?

D

Deleted member

I only care about Poké Floats. Every other returning stage is just icing on the cake at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Mario Bros. was cool. It was interesting to have a stage where you had to use the shellcreepers to KO. Wouldn’t want everything to be this gimmicky, but one or two is okay. It had that retro-meets-3D look that works sometimes - 75m is meh, and Balloon Fight is too easy to cheese (I just stay at the side and throw everyone for easy KOs)

Hanenbow however was the first stage I turned off from random stage select. I might need to try it again, but I haven’t seen that stage in ages.

D

Deleted member

"- The Fire Emblem Series won't receive any newcomers but 2 who are based on existing fighters"

....this sentence alone makes the whole thing false.
New Echoes are still newcomers.

And two new Echoes in addition to the Echo the series already has?
With fans and Sakurai feeling six characters is too much, another two are included?
And one of them is Soren of all characters?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Goku.

The community's most talked about "unrealistic" character. The one that would break the internet.

The last character Sakurai includes in the game to serve as the biggest bombshell to end with a -BANG-.
If they want to make Goku DLC that's cool. Those who want him can buy him and those with discerning taste need not be bothered. :troll:

The only downside is people would start acting like he's always been wanted, as they do.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Goku.

This makes too much sense to ignore.

*sigh*

Give me Dragonborn and I’ll take it.

D

Deleted member

If they want to make Goku DLC that's cool. Those who want him can buy him and those with discerning taste need not be bothered. :troll:

The only downside is people would start acting like he's always been wanted, as they do.
Goku has had unironic support since at least the Brawl days.

It was just rather questionable as to why. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Goku has had unironic support since at least the Brawl days.

It was just rather questionable as to why. :p
Yes that was bad phrasing that I knew would be questioned.

I meant more like people would start acting like the majority was behind it and if it was divisive, it wasn't that divisive.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
nah fam Mario Bros can gtfo
give me mario bros
But fixed camera perspective! Exact replication of the original game! It's cute.

Really though we got "retro" stages for SMB1, SMB2, and Mario Bros... where's my SMB3 stage? At least give us an Airship stage, it's so obvious.

And I'm sure we will still be waiting for a genuine Bowser's Castle stage too.
give me a SMB4 stage

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hanenbow returning would mean every universe with a symbol coming back, bar miiverse.

Miiverse could return as Splatoon has a ridiculously un-moderated lite version of it in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom