• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly i don't know why everyone is upset about the Ballot issue, it;s gonna be used for future installments, and we still got a character people wanted xD

D

Deleted member

Again, are we sure he is going to use newcomers based off ballot results?

He will probably use a few ones that we never expect plus ones that everyone requested.

Like the top ten winners in the ballot are not gauranteed.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Magicant looks so beautiful in Ultimate.
Everything looks so beautiful in Ultimate. Like there is not design that looks too bad in Ultimate.
Some models obviously still in development and I didn't really liked Lucina's render for some reason. But that's it, everything is gorgeus. I'm glad Smash returned to having its own style.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Again, are we sure he is going to use newcomers based off ballot results?

He will probably use a few ones that we never expect plus ones that everyone requested.

Like the top ten winners in the ballot are not gauranteed.
I'm pretty sure it was stated in a japanese article or something.
I could be wrong

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly i don't know why everyone is upset about the Ballot issue, it;s gonna be used for future installments, and we still got a character people wanted xD
"BUT BAYONETTA WASN'T THE CHARACTER I WANTED!" is the reason people are mad.

ALSO! After thinking about it, I want people to try and sue Nintendo about the ballot stuff because that will be hilarious as **** to see and Nintendo would likely counter sue and I wanna see the faces of any idiots who try to sue realizing they're ****ed lmaoo

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai is a fan if I'm not mistaken, so that has obviously helped, but it also just has a ton of content to take from in general.
I'm just suprised people are okay with it, considering how jealous Smash fanbase can be with small franchises getting content.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

ALSO! After thinking about it, I want people to try and sue Nintendo about the ballot stuff because that will be hilarious as **** to see and Nintendo would likely counter sue and I wanna see the faces of any idiots who try to sue realizing they're ****ed lmaoo
Glad I’m not one of those guys who would want to sue Nintendo. Heh heh.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm just suprised people are okay with it, considering how jealous Smash fanbase can be with small franchises getting content.
Seeing how EarthBound is effectively dead, I don't think people are too concerned. As long as the series is stuck with Ness and Lucas, fans probably won't care if it gets extra attention through items and ATs.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Playable characters > everything else in terms of what matters to everyone. As Mother didn't get a new character since Brawl, people are okay with it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Someone did a nice image of every stages that are in and not in Ultimate.
Imo, I fully expect Yoshi Island (Melee), Pirate Ship, Delfino Plaze, Congo Jungle & Peach's Castle to come back.

They already have the stages mostly done, just update a bit the stage from Melee & Brawl and you are good.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Sakurai is a fan if I'm not mistaken, so that has obviously helped, but it also just has a ton of content to take from in general.
Don't know if this also plays a part but Mr. Iwata also played a large role in the development of the first two games. Mr. Iwata also wanted Mr. Itoi to make another Mother game after 3 so in a way, it's like Mother's legacy is continuing through Smash rather than through more entries to the franchise.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I forgot the name of the thing but

I heard Nintendo is attending something they haven't gone to since 2005ish

Could that be when we get character 66?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I saw a lot of people saying they wanted Bayonetta back in the miiverse days.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Geno is within the top 10 characters mentioned in leaks, being mentioned in 26 out of 90 leaks, or in 28.99% of all leaks. Dixie Kong fares slightly better, being mentioned in 27 out of 90 leaks, or 30% of all leaks.

Dream on my friend.
I'm happy enough that Dovahkiin got one. Urbosa's also at one. Aww, nobody wants my most wanted:urg:
QUESTION

If this game gets DLC, who do you think would be the perfect final DLC Character?
I kinda want most of the DLC to be third party. I can see Spring Man being one of the first ones, but with all of the third parties in the game already, it'd be a great way to drum up hype (and make money).

Also keep them coming for a while. Or at least until they decide to put the Dragonborn in...
I can't get over how good Magicant looks.

That's the only stage I needed.
I didn't really like Magicant in 3DS - I have no connection to the Mother series, and a pink cotton-candy stage is a bit weird. Still, the HD remaster with that aurora in the back is nice.
Today's Stage
Kongo Falls
Face off against your foes atop a raft stuck at the edge of a waterfall. How well you utilize the rock jutting out at the bottom right can be the difference between victory or defeat!
Look at the detail here! I can't wait to see Great Bay with this lever of detail!
Someone did a nice image of every stages that are in and not in Ultimate.
Imo, I fully expect Yoshi Island (Melee), Pirate Ship, Delfino Plaze, Congo Jungle & Peach's Castle to come back.

They already have the stages mostly done, just update a bit the stage from Melee & Brawl and you are good.
I'm so hoping that Melee Yoshi's Island and Pirate ship come back, and I'd love to see Fountain of Dreams return. Also would be cool to get Melee's Final Destination since I liked that look. I'm happy that we are getting so many returning stages, though.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I think every Smash 4 stage will come back.
Are you including Miiverse in that? The stage's gimmick is gone for good and cannot be replicated, and it is a Battlefield clone in a game with Battlefield versions of all stages.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think every Smash 4 stage will come back.
I will go one further. Every Smash 4 stage will be in. As well as almost all brawl stages.
And the rest that are not in will be DLC.

Are you including Miiverse in that? The stage's gimmick is gone for good and cannot be replicated, and it is a Battlefield clone in a game with Battlefield versions of all stages.
They can do it. Fake the stage. Take a DB of popular mii verse images and posts (or atleast 100 random ones to cycle through.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Geno is within the top 10 characters mentioned in leaks, being mentioned in 26 out of 90 leaks, or in 28.99% of all leaks. Dixie Kong fares slightly better, being mentioned in 27 out of 90 leaks, or 30% of all leaks.

Dream on my friend.
King K. Rool is in pretty much every leak now which is awesome

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah. I don't think that Miiverse is coming back. Also, I don't think that Pyrosphere is coming back due to Ridley becoming playable.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That's where Capcom announces new Ace Attorney games...

Ha! I wish...
Also the composer for the City Trial arrangement is the Ace Attorney composer I just learned.

Phoenix Wright is coming home, fellas.

Please?

Staarih

Smash Master
I have no idea if this is technically possible, but... doesn’t Splatoon 2 have an option for ”Miiverse-like” drawings etc which show up in the plaza? If possible, I’d like to see something similar to be implemented in Smash, and further on in a stage like Miiverse. While a lot of the ”posts” would probably be trolling or something not child friendly, I still think Smash would benefit from a creative medium like that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
King K. Rool is in pretty much every leak now which is awesome
It doesn't mean anything other than "leakers" know he is popular which is no hard feat. Whether he is in or not likely decided more than two years ago.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Okay, every stage except Miiverse.

Because if the timing between Smash 4 and Ultimate helped in bringing every veteran, I don't see how they can further reuse more assets from 4 to bulk up the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom