• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm really far back and catching up now, but this is a common sentiment in this thread that Bayonetta won the ballot legit and people who suspect she didn't are treated as conspiracists. However there is objective evidence Bayonetta was planned from before the Ballot and it was used afterward to justify her inclusion; dataminers found that of the Mario slots added in 1.0.6, one has the same exact stats as Zero Suit Samus, which were gradually changed over time to what became Bayonetta (another of the Mario slots has the same stats as Ike which became Cloud, and then in 1.0.8 when the final Mario slot was added it also had the same stats as Ike, which became Corrin). 1.0.6 dropped only two weeks after the Ballot launched, meaning there was really no way the Ballot was actually used to decide Bayo, and it appears to have been a sham in deciding DLC, while its real purpose was to be used to get data for future games, as the Japanese page said it could be used for (or they were initially planning more DLC based on the Ballot but decided to save everything for a new Smash and instead made up the stuff about Bayonetta being the "Ballot winner").

This information isn't easily sourced since you have to look through the data yourself, but it can found in fighter_param if you know how to do that, and all the prominent dataminers confirmed it.
If the stats gradually changed over time is there not the possibility these characters could have ended up as someone as else?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
If the stats gradually changed over time is there not the possibility these characters could have ended up as someone as else?
Why copy specifically Zero Suit Samus and Ike if they were meant to be other characters? It appears Bayo, Cloud, and Corrin were initially cloned off them to help ease development (as they are the closest possible characters on the roster), and then drastically decloned them during the development process so that in the end they barely resemble the character they were originally cloned off of (a la the process used to make Wolf and Smash 64 Falcon/Ness).

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
The last hope that Waluigi fans have is that the assist trophy gets removed entirely before launch due to the outcry and they make him a late DLC.
Likely not gonna happen.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don’t really think they’ll go crazy with the echoes. Like probably 3 more tops
I'd even go so far as to say we're only getting 1 more, or even no more at all.

"But they need more to legitimatize the..."
No they don't! Gawd!
(Agreeing with you, Impa4Smash)

Ridley didn’t move on
Ridley didn't get made playable in Smash 4.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why copy specifically Zero Suit Samus and Ike if they were meant to be other characters? It appears Bayo, Cloud, and Corrin were initially cloned off them to help ease development (as they are the closest possible characters on the roster), and then drastically decloned them during the development process so that in the end they barely resemble the character they were originally cloned off of (a la the process used to make Wolf and Smash 64 Falcon/Ness).
Not necessarily saying they were meant to be other characters but that they could even have become other ones if they proved unpopular.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Waluigi isn't gonna be playable you crazy kids.

Maybe as DLC, if Sakurai cracks. But probably not.

We've had it established that I'm the anti-N3ON for how many years now? :p Lol.
First we were antis.

Then there was light.

;)

This is how I feel when people ask for Ninten as an Echo of Ness... it looks like him, it will have the same abilities and moveset, it would be exactly the same... except the cap is looking at the opposite side.
Yeah suggestions for Ninten exist solely because as an echo, he makes sense. But that's about as far as sensibility goes.

2014: "The shadow doesn't disconfirm him. Sakurai could be teasing Ridley as a playable character."
2015: "I laugh whenever I see someone say the Mii costume disconfirms K. Rool."
2018: "Look at the way Waluigi comes out. That doesn't look like a normal Assist Trophy."

The Smash community has never learned the phrase, "Learn from your mistakes and move on."
I saw the writing on the wall for K. Rool's chances with reveal of the costume, but as long as two roles can coexist in a game, it's not a deconfirmation. We've never had a boss or AT that has also been a character in the same game. We have had costumes of playable characters.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
We all know it was Goku, or someone else dumb like Luffy or that blue cat thing wit the pocket.
I wouldn't mind Luffy being in Smash he's got the moveset and the personality to make it in, if he was a video game character first, he might be one of my top picks. Also the blue cat (who's robotic) with the dimensional pouch is called Doremon.

If you could guarantee the inclusion of one character on the roster who would it be?
Easy everyone knows I'd chose Amater-
1. Must be 1st Party.
Why? fine then Lyn!
2. Cannot already exist as an Assist Trophy.
Oh come on! No Lyn *sigh* I just can't win. Alright then Fjorm

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Not necessarily saying they were meant to be other characters but that they could even have become other ones if they proved unpopular.
The stats being changed over time is just the normal development process of them testing and developing the characters to the final product. I also don't think it's feasible to license out a third party character and then midway through decide you don't want to use them any longer, while it significantly delays development to swap them out for someone else.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
One of my - and a lot of people's - favorite parts about Smash Bros as a game is the variety of characters in it that you can play as and make fight against one another. Sometimes, back in the Smash 4 days, I would think up themed matchups with names and everything, then make those characters fight, just because I could. This is purely for fun, and something that I personally find to be interesting to think about.

Here's a few Themed Matchups and their corresponding Names that I've thought up for the characters in Smash Ultimate:

Original 8 (:ultmario::ultlink:vs:ultpikachu::ultkirby:vs:ultfox::ultsamus:vs:ultdk::ultyoshi:)

Royal Rumble (:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultbowser::ultcorrin::ultzelda::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultkingdedede:)

Multi-Persona Matchup (:ultdoc::ultmario: vs :ultzss::ultsamus:)

A Forceful Echo (:ultmarth::ultpeach::ultpit: vs :ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultdarkpit:)

Similar Swordsman Scuffle (:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy: vs :ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:)

Rabble of Returning Fighters (:ultyounglink::ulticeclimbers::ultpichu:vs:ultsnake::ultpokemontrainer::ultwolf:)

Plumbers and Princesses (:ultmario::ultpeach:vs:ultluigi::ultdaisy:)

Clone Conundrum (:ultmewtwo:vs:ultsnake:)

Future Fighters (:ultshulk:vs:ultlucina:)

Time Traveler Tournament (:ultyounglink::ultlucina::ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultness::ultsonic:)

Swordsman Showdown [Any Combination of:] (:ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultike::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmiifighters::ultrobin:ultroy::ultshulk::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultmetaknight:)

The Ultimate Pokemon Battle (:ultgreninja::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer:)

Robots vs Dragons (:ultmegaman::ultrob:vs:ultcorrin::ultridley:)

Robots vs Ninjas (:ultmegaman::ultrob: vs:ultgreninja::ultsheik:)

Robots vs Dragons vs Ninjas (You get the picture)

Third Party Thrashing (:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultsnake::ultsonic:)

Martial Artists (:ultryu:vs:ultlittlemac:)

Snake Eater (:ultfalco:vs:ultsnake:)

The fact that all of these are real matchups that can be done makes me smile,
I really do love Super Smash Bros.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One thing to keep in mind with Ridley is that while the shadow made it clear he was a Stage Boss, it didn't mean he could never be playable. We had Toon Link as part of a stage and a playable character too. So the idea he has a chance to be playable wasn't unreasonable. It was unlikely.

So it was fair to have a glimmer of hope since we didn't have any good rules anymore for stage assets/hazards(DK is a hazard and playable(though it's technically a different DK), never mind Duck Hunt being in his stage and the literal same character as playable). Until we see the 3DS game having no Ridley, the tiny chance he could be a hazard and a character was something to keep in mind as possible. It was still generally considered unlikely even then.

Waluigi is just nowhere near the same situation since he was outright confirmed with what his role was from the start. Ridley was teased as possibly being on a stage and we had reasons to believe that being on a stage and being playable were both possible(again, Toon Link proved that a long time ago). This is why the analogy doesn't hold up nearly that well. Albeit, Waluigi is done entirely. We've never had an Assist Trophy also be playable in the same game. Period. We can technically say a Hazard was also playable. But an AT? Nope. Now could things change? Yeah, sure. But it's better to think Waluigi is done right now than getting our hopes up when there's very little chance. Mind you, the severe outcry could make it possible that Sakurai changes his mind and adds him as DLC. Realistically, I don't think it has a remote chance of happening. Does it mean it can't? No. Because Sakurai has his own mind on things. He changes his mind(but it generally takes a full game to do so).

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm really far back and catching up now, but this is a common sentiment in this thread that Bayonetta won the ballot legit and people who suspect she didn't are treated as conspiracists. However there is objective evidence Bayonetta was planned from before the Ballot and it was used afterward to justify her inclusion; dataminers found that of the Mario slots added in 1.0.6, one has the same exact stats as Zero Suit Samus, which were gradually changed over time to what became Bayonetta (another of the Mario slots has the same stats as Ike which became Cloud, and then in 1.0.8 when the final Mario slot was added it also had the same stats as Ike, which became Corrin). 1.0.6 dropped only two weeks after the Ballot launched, meaning there was really no way the Ballot was actually used to decide Bayo, and it appears to have been a sham in deciding DLC, while its real purpose was to be used to get data for future games, as the Japanese page said it could be used for (or Sakurai was initially planning more DLC based on the Ballot but decided at some point to save everything for a new Smash and instead made up the stuff about Bayonetta being the "Ballot winner" to avoid having to admit it ended up being used for a new Smash game).

This information isn't easily sourced since you have to look through the data yourself, but it can found in fighter_param if you know how to do that, and all the prominent dataminers confirmed it.
Of course it's going to be difficult for fans to accept as a whole for a few reasons. For one the information data miners gather is not always easy to understand by those not already familiar with it and that misunderstanding leads to doubts about the given claims. Two it requires accepting that Sakurai and his team intentionally lied to the entire community when they showed these in the final Smash Direct:

Lastly, the marketing for the ballot was done in a way that made it appear more important then it was which would result in once again accepting that they lied to the entire community for their own purposes.

Frankly, I don't really find myself caring either way, it something that would of probably annoyed me if I had known about it when Smash 4 DLC was released but now I can hardly muster a care for why Bayonetta was included outside fo the fact that she was.

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
It's unfortunate that they brought back Pac-Land... honestly, it's my least favorite stage in the series.
I get why they didn't bring back Pac-Maze due to the gimmick needing changes to work on one screen, but they could've at least made a new stage.

Anything but Pac-Land! Pac-Man deserves better than an ugly, difficult to fight on and gimmicky scrolling stage that even manages to have a visual bug despite the simple style. At least he seems to have a bug-free grab this time...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pac-Man deserves better than an ugly, difficult to fight on and gimmicky scrolling stage that even manages to have a visual bug despite the simple style.
Your opinion on what Pac-Man should get isn't a good reason to exclude Pac-Land, unfortunately. :p

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It's unfortunate that they brought back Pac-Land... honestly, it's my least favorite stage in the series.
I get why they didn't bring back Pac-Maze due to the gimmick needing changes to work on one screen, but they could've at least made a new stage.

Anything but Pac-Land! Pac-Man deserves better than an ugly, difficult to fight on and gimmicky scrolling stage that even manages to have a visual bug despite the simple style. At least he seems to have a bug-free grab this time...
You. I appreciate you.

Namco Museum:

Pac-Mania

Pac-Attack

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Echoes in a nutshell.
Eh, that's more like Dark Pit in a nutshell.
Lucina is different enough, and we don't know enough about Daisy to say either way if she's another Lucina or another Dark Pit.
Your opinion on what Pac-Man should get isn't a good reason to exclude Pac-Land, unfortunately. :p
Pac-Land is actually quite the fun stage, at least if you're an agent of chaos that is. I love playing on there sometimes.

You. I appreciate you.

Namco Museum:

Pac-Mania

Pac-Attack
Ah, Namcomuseum. I have good memories of the final stage of PAC-MAN Arrangement.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Out of all the most requested fighters, who would Sakurai reveal next? Post your theory on the next reveal and the arguments based on these points:

> The time spent developing the fighter. With more complex characters, gameplay might have not been possible until recently.
> Trailers coinciding with game releases/announcements has rarely been a thing.
> A character from the same series as the previous reveal has never been a thing, unless they're within the same trailer (Lucina, Robin).
> What (possible) returning stages haven't been shown off yet? What series needs more stages? These are both things to consider with the next reveal (DK?).
> Little Mac is proof that an Assist Trophy can graduate to a fighter. Is there potential for the next reveal to be an assist trophy? Which ATs haven't been shown? Does their possibility of a reveal line up with the points above?

Mine: K.Rool/Dixie. K.Rool seems like he'd be a complex character like Ridley and would've only been finished recently. Of course, the actual trailer animation could've been completed much earlier. The last reveal was Daisy and Ridley, and while DK is closely related to the Mario series, Donkey Kong Country itself is much more distant. We've only seen one real DK stage so far (not including Jungle Japes/75m), meaning we could see Gangplank Galleon or that one DKCR stage from Smash 4. And Dixie would be a relatively easy Diddy Echo to fill out the roster.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Of course it's going to be difficult for fans to accept as a whole for a few reasons. For one the information data miners gather is not always easy to understand by those not already familiar with it and that misunderstanding leads to doubts about the given claims. Two it requires accepting that Sakurai and his team intentionally lied to the entire community when they showed these in the final Smash Direct:

Lastly, the marketing for the ballot was done in a way that made it appear more important then it was which would result in once again accepting that they lied to the entire community for their own purposes.

Frankly, I don't really find myself caring either way, it something that would of probably annoyed me if I had known about it when Smash 4 DLC was released but now I can hardly muster a care for why Bayonetta was included outside fo the fact that she was.
I personally do feel a bit dismayed they were dishonest about the Ballot, but also can't blame them if it was originally for actual DLC but then midway decided it would be better to use it for a immediate new Smash game and thus needed to save face while keeping their plans for a new Smash game under wraps (while the *Among realizable characters gives them the leeway to be technically "truthful"). Either way it appears we're getting what the people voted for in the Ballot and in a new better bigger Smash game a lot sooner than the typical wait between Smash games, so regardless the fans get what they want in the end and I can't be upset about that.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Echo characters is seriously ruining speculation.
Whats funny is how many more people are suddenly so welcoming to no-effort clones just because Sakurai gave them a special little name.

I'm really far back and catching up now, but this is a common sentiment in this thread that Bayonetta won the ballot legit and people who suspect she didn't are treated as conspiracists. However there is objective evidence Bayonetta was planned from before the Ballot and it was used afterward to justify her inclusion; dataminers found that of the Mario slots added in 1.0.6, one has the same exact stats as Zero Suit Samus, which were gradually changed over time to what became Bayonetta (another of the Mario slots has the same stats as Ike which became Cloud, and then in 1.0.8 when the final Mario slot was added it also had the same stats as Ike, which became Corrin). 1.0.6 dropped only two weeks after the Ballot launched, meaning there was really no way the Ballot was actually used to decide Bayo, and it appears to have been a sham in deciding DLC, while its real purpose was to be used to get data for future games, as the Japanese page said it could be used for (or Sakurai was initially planning more DLC based on the Ballot but decided at some point to save everything for a new Smash and instead made up the stuff about Bayonetta being the "Ballot winner" to avoid having to admit it ended up being used for a new Smash game).

Wouldn't doubt it for a second. It was also pretty suspicious just how finished she looked in her reveal trailer for a character who supposedly started development when the ballot was over.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Funny scenario I've been thinking of since the other day (when I called Dark Pit Pit's 'shadow'):
:ultpit:"Who are you?"
:ultdarkpit:"I'm you! I'm your shadow!"
:ultsnake:"LIQUID!"
:ultpit::ultdarkpit:"Huh?"

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Whats funny is how many more people are suddenly so welcoming to no-effort clones just because Sakurai gave them a special little name.

Wouldn't doubt it for a second. It was also pretty suspicious just how finished she looked in her reveal trailer for a character who supposedly started development when the ballot was over.
I think every character ever being brought back and Ridley being added (and what that meant for other popular characters) helped soften the blow of “echoes” for people who dislike clones

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People are desperate at this point.
But I'm just over here thinking "man giygas really does like mewtwo doesn't he"

MainJPW

M.T.A
This is how I feel when people ask for Ninten as an Echo of Ness... it looks like him, it will have the same abilities and moveset, it would be exactly the same... except the cap is looking at the opposite side.
Oh come on...he also has Pac-Man eyes, different colored socks and different colored shoes. It’s basically Ness who packed more clothes from his dresser and maybe stared at the sun too much.

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
More like Sakurai told us we're not getting many newcomers while casually confirming that Echoes don't count as Newcomers. That means there's a chance of getting just as many if not more Echo Fighters than newcomers, not unlike Melee. Therefore they're worth speculating. Anyone who complained about clones in the past simply didn't understand how low effort they were, and apparently needed Sakurai to explain the difference, hence why people are generally more accepting.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
We already know a unique, made from scratch character takes around 6 months of development thanks to Mewtwo. Bayonetta definitely was started on before October 2015.

I know you are replying to someone else, but I'll address the second part of your question.

What Van was saying kind of applies to Springman as well. In the Smash community, I'm seeing more disdain for him since he's considered "boring," at least compared to the rest of the cast. That said, he is also the face of the series and his design is unique within Smash. He works for what an ARMS characters need to be and he does a good job of representing what ARMS is. Unlike the rest of the characters, his design and namesake are the same as what type of arm he has. Same goes for Ribbon Girl actually. Springman's abilities (powering up at low health and the deflecting after a dodge) are unique as well (though Lucario also powers up at high damage but its more gradual than what Spring Man has).
Spring Man is pretty similar to Robin in the sense that whilst both of them can be considered vanilla in their own home franchise, they both represents the essence of their franchise. You can look at Spring Man and instantly get what ARMS is all about. At any rate, Spring Man would be a pretty cool addition and he gets way too much dislike for supposedly being "boring".

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
More "leaks"
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422817805/#422817805
RIGGER are animating the opening movie for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

>the opening movie is roughly around 2 minutes long
>the intro starts with a zoomed in shot of Mario adjusting his cap, and then getting into a fight ready position. The view zooms out to show other classic Smash Bros characters behind him, as everyone begins to run towards the sunset where the Smash Ball is seen.
>The next shots show various Smash Bros characters fighting each other. Mario fighting Bowser, Pit and Link. Little Mac fighting against Marth. Kirby and Pikachu against Peach and Zelda. Fox vs Pokemon Trainer.
>It then shows shots of singular characters. Lucario meditating on top of a cliff. Ice Climbers helping each other up a mountain. Corrin staring into the distance in a field. Snake hiding in a box.
>A quick shot of Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man taunting.
>A quick shot of Cloud, Ryu and Bayonetta taunting.
>The shot after that is a following shot, that has Inkling enter the boxing ring and fighting off various characters attacking her. She then stops running and has her back faced against the male Inkling, and nod to each other.
>Other newcomers (who I will not spoil) begin to enter the ring from all sides. They're surrounding Mario, Link, Donkey Kong and Samus. They're all about to jump attack them, but Bowser body slams into the stage.
>The next shots include slow motion of the echo fighters and clones fighting their original counter parts, with slow mo of the characters being punched in the face, dodging projectile and sword attacks.
>A shot of Ridley bursting his way onto Final Destination is shown, with various characters being knocked out by the impact. Ridley fires a deadly laser onto the stage to knock more fighters off, but looks back to see Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Cloud, Mario and Sonic flying right at him at fast speed.
>The last shots are quick shots of most of the classic characters, third parties and newcomers preparing to do a final smash, before ending at Mario's.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422815275/#422815275
I am fortunate enough to know an insider from Nintendo who was generous enough to let me in on some new information regarding Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on Nintendo Switch. Of course, I can not disclose this person's identity as it could result in the loss of their job.

So far, this is all I know:

The characters I have been told are 100% in the game are King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, Springman, Geno and another character representing the NES era. I believe they said it was Bubbles from Clu Clu Land. Shadow and Funky Kong are Echo Fighters of Sonic and Donkey Kong, respectively. As far as I know, there are a few other characters but my source decided not to tell me who they were since they didn't want to spoil everything!

Some unconfirmed stages that will be in the game are Kongo Jungle from 64, Fountain of Dreams, Mute City and Mushroom Kingdom from Melee, Delfino Plaza and Pirate Ship from Brawl, Dream Land, Golden Plains and Paper Mario from 3DS, and Jungle Hijinxs from Wii U

New stages include Dracula's Castle, an Urban Champion stage, the Aether Foundation, Gang-Plank Galleon, Spring Stadium, and a new Dr. Mario stage.

I was not told much about the single player modes but I do know that there will be an Adventure Mode, hearkening back to the one in Melee. The Forest Maze from Super Mario RPG will be a stage in this mode. Target Smash will also be returning in a similar vein to Brawl's, with five generic stages for each difficulty.
Regular stuff. The first one shows some promise, but gives nothing.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Oh come on...he also has Pac-Man eyes, different colored socks and different colored shoes. It’s basically Ness who packed more clothes from his dresser and maybe stared at the sun too much.
Is still not enough different for me to want it... not that it would be impossible to happen or that I would complain for having a new Mother rep.
Just saying, there are other Mother characters that are, for me, more interesting, and I find Ninten the most boring choice.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The same reason why we probably shouldn't have gotten our hopes up for Inklings. If Sakurai added any character as a Mii costume during DLC, then that was probably his polite was of saying, "Not this time, but here's a little compensation."
Which reminds me, if Akira ever was considered for the roster, would he have the early blocky Virtua Fighter style as an alt?

At least Ms. Pac-Man is on there.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Is it just me or does every "leaker" think that Gang-Plank Galleon is the most likely new stage? I'll laugh if it's not in the game. I will ... be quite happy if it is, because that could only mean one thing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Amazing what a little word choice and positive marketing spin can do. It's a similar thing that lead to Beanie Babies becoming the hot item they were.

I'm still sceptical. Though if true, we know why "realisable characters" was included. Juuuuust weaselly enough to be true.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Is it just me or does every "leaker" think that Gang-Plank Galleon is the most likely new stage? I'll laugh if it's not in the game. I will ... be quite happy if it is, because that could only mean one thing.
And that one thing would be our famous villain from Donkey Kong... CRANKY KONG

MainJPW

M.T.A
Is still not enough different for me to want it... not that it would be impossible to happen or that I would complain for having a new Mother rep.
Just saying, there are other Mother characters that are, for me, more interesting, and I find Ninten the most boring choice.
Right. I personally prefer Masked Man.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd even go so far as to say we're only getting 1 more, or even no more at all.

"But they need more to legitimatize the..."
No they don't! Gawd!
(Agreeing with you, Impa4Smash)

Ridley didn't get made playable in Smash 4.
But he finally made it did he not
Funny scenario I've been thinking of since the other day (when I called Dark Pit Pit's 'shadow'):
:ultpit:"Who are you?"
:ultdarkpit:"I'm you! I'm your shadow!"
:ultsnake:"LIQUID!"
:ultpit::ultdarkpit:"Huh?"
I smell a Kid Icarus/Metal Gear Solis storyline within Smash Ultimate...Imma need:ultpit::ultsnake:to have some sort of connection at the least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom