• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I got a new avatar based off one of my number one wants for Smash Ultimate.

I haven't really made a character wishlist since Brawl, so I might really think about the 5-6 characters I really want for Smash U and update my signature just to show some support.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Random thought: We have four stages, several assist trophies, two characters, updated final smashes for said two characters, and probably several more things I can't think of from the Mother series. Unless one of the gimmicks for this game is later revealed to be "every stage is coming back too!", that's a crap-ton of love for Mother.

If we were to get one more fighter from the Mother series, who would it be? I would say "Ninten" since we just got Earthbound Beginnings not too long ago, but if Sakurai wanted to add more villains, I can actually see regular Porky getting in.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I haven't liked many of the starters after Hoenn Gen to be honest. Most of the older ones felt more rugged

Though my favorite pokemon in general has always been Aggron. I always found him to be beast mode Rhydon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Potential fighters from Bandai Namco (besides, naturally, Pac-Man):
  • Heihachi (because Heihachi is usually their go-to crossover guy)
  • Nightmare (because he's Team Soul's mascot, and Link appeared in SCII)
  • Agumon (for that Pokémon vs. Digimon nostalgia)
That's how I see it.
Heihachi is the only one needed...and then Nintendo/Sakurai could somehow get Scorpion or Sub Zero in Smash and we’ll have another massive crossover within the biggest gaming crossover
Smash Itself
:ultmario:v:ultsonic:
:ultmario:v:ultsonic:v:ultmegaman:v:ultpacman:(v:ultryu:v:ultcloud:)
:ultmario:v:ultryu:
:ultlink:v:ultcloud:
:ultmario:v:ultmegaman:
:ultmario:v:ultpacman:
:ultpit:v:ultbayonetta:
And one day battle of the fighting game kings

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I just got around to watching it and I really liked your points!

I'm still not convinced it's for a character even, I mentioned earlier how un-Sakurai it is to talk about a newcomer before they are revealed and it just feels weird that he would give these little hints. He could have just said toy, I mean he even gave the specific model....it's so weird.

BUT I loved your explanation of why it doesn't fit for Elma. I personally do think the gun looks like her skell's gun, but like you said, knowing it would probably be just for her final smash and that final smashes are now more cut scene based it doesn't make sense Sakurai would need the model for it.

Also strangely the model even bears resemblence to Mach Rider...is that just me lol? Really great job though, you may not have 100% convinced me but you're point about the final smash isn't one I've heard yet and I think it's an important one.

Thanks!!!

Yes I also think the Vifam model LOOKS a lot like Mach Rider regardless of the gun!

I sort of left mentioning that point specifically out of the video on purpose because I thought having the viewer see them next to each other and making that connection yourself hits a bit harder than being told the figure looks like mach rider...cause then the viewer instantly starts trying to find reasons to point out why it DOESNT look like mach rider (which of course there are many).

But seriously look at the gun and look at the mechs visor/helmet...its very mach rider.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I've been thinking for some time now, that "if" Banjo & Kazooie is in the game, then Friday the 29th of June is the day they will be revealed.
Why is this? Well ... It's the 20th anniversary for Banjo & Kazooie's first debut on Nintendo 64.

If NOTHING AT ALL happens on 29th I'll be sad. Not speaking in regards to Smash, but in regards to Banjo, as Microsoft did not even MENTION them in their E3 presentation. They turn 20 for gods sake.

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
There are the echo fighters that I feel like at the most likely. I'm not going to include Street Fighter, Mega Man or Bayonetta echos as I don't know much about those series.

Likely
1. Octoling

Octolings have been popular for a long time and there wouldn't even need to be substantial model changes as they just have an eye texture and hairstyle difference. Splatoon has also been such a huge success of a series that I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to add another fighter. Plus, Octoling DLC just released for Splatoon 2. The timing couldn't be more perfect.

2. Dark Samus
Samus had her Dark Samus costume replaced in the demo. That doesn't necessarily confirm Dark Samus, but it seems unlikely they'd remove it for no reason. And considering the hype behind the Metroid series as of late, I wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe
1. Funky Kong

The people love Funky Kong, he's recently become a meme and he'd be a great Donkey Kong echo. But K. Rool and Dixie Kong are already at the top of everyone's wishlist, does he have a chance as well?

2. A Fire Emblem Echo
There's a lot of candidates here, so I'm not going to point out a specific one. But there has been a negative reception to the sheer amount of Fire Emblem fighters added, so it raises the question of whether they'll add another Fire Emblem echo in spite of that.

3. Dixie Kong
More appropriate as semi-clone or a full on new fighter. Being an echo wouldn't do her justice. But it's possible.

4. Mecha Sonic or Classic Sonic
Sonic is a huge series, and it's due for another character. These would be two easy echoes that could take from Sonic.

5. Ms. Pac-Man
Add a bow to Pac-Man. Do small frame data adjustments. Call it a day. Bandai-Namco could easily make her happen and surprisingly she wasn't a costume for Pac-Man in Smash 4. There are a lot of echoes that I'd rather have before her, though.

Unlikely, but possible
1. Dry Bowser

A moderately popular Bowser clone found in most spinoffs, and a rather easy inclusion. Gotta get worried about Mario series rep oversaturation, though. Especially when we already have a Mario series echo (Daisy) and there is demand for other characters like Waluigi and Birdo.

2. Shadow
Despite his popularity, being an echo wouldn't do him justice. He's much more than a Sonic clone.

3. Isabelle
Popular, and could easily take from Villager's moveset. But I forsee her just staying as an assist trophy, especially considering that being an assistant is her job!

Very unlikely, but still possible
1. Birdo

Too different from Yoshi to be made an echo, although it's possible they might take some creative liberties and give her the ability to suck in enemies instead of grabbing them with her tongue.

2. Ninten
Has a small fanbase, but with the relative obscurity of Mother 1, it seems rather unlikely.

3. Viridi and Medusa
Kid Icarus likely isn't going to receive another rep for a while and these two characters are too dissimilar to be made just an echo.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've been thinking for some time now, that "if" Banjo & Kazooie is in the game, then Friday the 29th of June is the day they will be revealed.
Why is this? Well ... It's the 20th anniversary for Banjo & Kazooie's first debut on Nintendo 64.

If NOTHING AT ALL happens on 29th I'll be sad. Not speaking in regards to Smash, but in regards to Banjo, as Microsoft did not even MENTION them in their E3 presentation. They turn 20 for gods sake.
We can only hope Banjo and Kazooie don’t get the Samus treatment (though unlike her...they’re birthday would be forever forgotten)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I wouldn't put much stock in newcomers getting revealed for Smash on important anniversaries for their home series.

We've never actually seen that happen for a newcomer before, yet people keep expecting it for some reason.

If you're going to look for patterns to make sense of things, make sure there's actual precedent for it, or you'll just end up disappointing yourself.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Did anyone ask for more text leaks? No? Take one anyways.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422069971
Newcomers:
>Inkling
>Ridley
>K. Rool
>Mimikyu
>Elma
>Tibby (Rhythm Heaven)
>Lip
>Hanafuda Captain
>Simon Belmont
>Geno
>Rayman

Echo Fighters:
>Daisy
>Chrom
>Octoling
>Shadow

Other Stuff:
>Fountain Of Dreams, Delfino Plaza, Mushroom Kingdom I, PokeFloats, and Kongo Jungle are coming back.
>Every previous announcer from the series will return, along with a new announcer.
>Several BEMANI composers are being brought on to work on some remixes
>and finally, Story Mode is returning and there will voice acting in it.
This seems like the best possible timeline, but it's likely fake.

For the sake of discussion: out of the many fake text leaks we've seen (I have 37 logged so far), which one has been your favorite?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Delzethin's right.

Veteran characters were the ones who would sometimes follow anniversary dates for reveals during Smash 4 speculation season.

This pattern clearly won't happen this time, since all veterans are already confirmed.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Similarly, the anniversary of the release of Golden Sun's release is August 1st. What if they have a Direct that starts with an Isaac trailer and ends with a Banjo trailer?
...I mean, it's not going to happen, but wouldn't it be great? :laugh:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
About every stage not coming back, it could just be the absolute redundant stages (e.g. the Flat Zones and one of the N64 and Melee Mushroom Kingdoms) not coming back alongside the now useless Miiverse; they wouldn't technically be able to say that every stage ever is back, though essentially every stage is. That said I think there will be a few more stages than just them that won't come back (like the aforementioned Icicle Mountain).

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I am also late for the starter discussion but I will give my opinion:

Venusaur> Delphox> Samurott> Torterra> Serperior> Charizard> Decidueye> Sceptile> Typhlosion> Greninja> Incineroar> Meganium> Feraligatr> Blaziken > Empoleon > Blastoise> Emboar > Primarina> Infernape> Chesnaught> Swampert

But they are all great. Making this list was hard. But potential wise the one I would love to see in smash is Samurott. He has freaking swords lol.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
About every stage not coming back, it could just be the absolute redundant stages (e.g. the Flat Zones and one of the N64 and Melee Mushroom Kingdoms) not coming back alongside the now useless Miiverse; they wouldn't technically be able to say that every stage ever is back, though essentially every stage is. That said I think there will be a few more stages than just them that won't come back (like the aforementioned Icicle Mountain).
I could see Mushroom Kingdom from 64 and Melee be alts of one another. Because why not?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The Tales fanbase wants a character too, Namco honestly has a lot of choices if Sakurai and them decide on a 2nd.
Potential fighters from Bandai Namco (besides, naturally, Pac-Man):
  • Heihachi (because Heihachi is usually their go-to crossover guy)
  • Nightmare (because he's Team Soul's mascot, and Link appeared in SCII)
  • Agumon (for that Pokémon vs. Digimon nostalgia)
That's how I see it.
That is true. Also, Klonoa could get support as well, seeing as he showed up a fair bit on Nintendo hardware (though the lack of anything recent beyond the ShiftyLook webcomic may hurt his chances though).

Shroob

Sup?
My question is:

When people think about "Don't expect too many more", are they thinking of Echoes in that number they have in their head?

Honestly, considering how quick is is to make Echos, I personally count them as extra when it comes to the final newcomer total.

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html

So uh a new track was added to the music section. Noisy Notebook from Sniperclips.

As for Namco Fighters:

The frontrunners IMO are: A Tales Character(most likely Lloyd or possibly Yuri), Heihachi, Nightmare, Agumon, and KOS-MOS.
Is that subtly implying that we might get a Snipperclips stage? Not sure why they'd make it otherwise. Could be thrown on a random stage like the Style Savvy songs tho.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Did anyone ask for more text leaks? No? Take one anyways.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422069971
Newcomers:
>Inkling
>Ridley
>K. Rool
>Mimikyu
>Elma
>Tibby (Rhythm Heaven)
>Lip
>Hanafuda Captain
>Simon Belmont
>Geno
>Rayman

Echo Fighters:
>Daisy
>Chrom
>Octoling
>Shadow

Other Stuff:
>Fountain Of Dreams, Delfino Plaza, Mushroom Kingdom I, PokeFloats, and Kongo Jungle are coming back.
>Every previous announcer from the series will return, along with a new announcer.
>Several BEMANI composers are being brought on to work on some remixes
>and finally, Story Mode is returning and there will voice acting in it.
This seems like the best possible timeline, but it's likely fake.

For the sake of discussion: out of the many fake text leaks we've seen (I have 37 logged so far), which one has been your favorite?
All the ones with Isaac :p

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Is that subtly implying that we might get a Snipperclips stage? Not sure why they'd make it otherwise. Could be thrown on a random stage like the Style Savvy songs tho.
Maybe? But the fact the video has a generic music note kinda implies it'll be on another stage, like Pictochat or Paper Mario or something

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Snipperclips music could be on the... uhh... dang, what was that DS Chat stage called?
Maybe? But the fact the video has a generic music note kinda implies it'll be on another stage, like Pictochat or Paper Mario or something
PICTOCHAT! That's the one!

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Snipperclips was a cute little game.

Highly fun. Glad to see it's at least getting some music.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
That is true. Also, Klonoa could get support as well, seeing as he showed up a fair bit on Nintendo hardware (though the lack of anything recent beyond the ShiftyLook webcomic may hurt his chances though).
I do have a few friends who are huge Klonoa fans, but I don't think they particularly expect anything (kind of a sad but true outlook).

I think Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia) and Heihachi, getting Mii costumes is interesting. I think they should be the 2 main Namco people we look at.

Last edited:

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
That wasn't there when I first loaded the page! Reloaded and it showed up. Using a series logo would give it away though, so they might be temporarily masking it.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Ah, that Snipperclips music is great fun! Any guesses on what stage it'll be used on?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
My question is:

When people think about "Don't expect too many more", are they thinking of Echoes in that number they have in their head?

Honestly, considering how quick is is to make Echos, I personally count them as extra when it comes to the final newcomer total.
Some friends of mine are theorizing this means they'll go slightly ham wit hthe Echo choices I think Starbound Starbound is one of them too.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I'm leaning towards 5 more newcomers, with one revealed every month we have before December. That would make 8 newcomers total, which I think falls in line with the 'not too many' statement.

Though I would not be surprised at all if I was completely wrong.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I think that we will probably get another Smash Direct in Fall before that 4 newcomers will be announce member Sakurai has to talk about them then reveal more stuff.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Snipperclips music deconfirms a Snipperclips stage.

If there was one, it'd get a series icon.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm leaning towards 5 more newcomers, with one revealed every month we have before December. That would make 8 newcomers total, which I think falls in line with the 'not too many' statement.

Though I would not be surprised at all if I was completely wrong.
I’d go for 6 more, having a the final one be announced days before the game comes out (and any additional echoes could be revealed at any time)

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
If Simon Belmont ends up getting in I wonder what insignia will be used to represent the series. My guess is that it will probably be a whip. After all, it is the most iconic weapon in all of Castlevania.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Random thought: We have four stages, several assist trophies, two characters, updated final smashes for said two characters, and probably several more things I can't think of from the Mother series. Unless one of the gimmicks for this game is later revealed to be "every stage is coming back too!", that's a crap-ton of love for Mother.

If we were to get one more fighter from the Mother series, who would it be? I would say "Ninten" since we just got Earthbound Beginnings not too long ago, but if Sakurai wanted to add more villains, I can actually see regular Porky getting in.
Not every stage is coming back as quoted below:

Let's get this out of the way: not every stage is coming back.

...But I sure hope we get a new Mother stage. We've basically had a new one in every Smash game since Melee, so I hope there's a new stage- preferably something from Earthbound Beginnings.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
If Simon Belmont ends up getting in I wonder what insignia will be used to represent the series. My guess is that it will probably be a whip. After all, it is the most iconic weapon in all of Castlevania.
Either that or the Cross.

The Castle itself perhaps even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom