• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mother kinda seems unlikely to get new anything. New cast members appear in Ness' and Lucas' Final Smashes, and that's it
And besides new music, they don’t really need anything else

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Honestly I think we'll be seeing a lot of DLC in this game. Most major Nintendo titles have received some substantial amount of DLC or added content via updates, like Breath of the Wild's two expansions, Splatoon 2's constant updates and the Octo Expansion adding a second story mode, Xenoblade Chronicles 2's added quests, Challenge Battle mode, and a second story mode, ARMS' character updates, etc.

May I ask why? I understand not supporting some DLC practices, but the way that Nintendo has handled DLC has been really good.

Also another text leak. 38 now. I wonder how many I'll have before the game releases.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422079576
No clue if these are all the other newcomers, but if not, I wouldn't expect too many more beyond these, given what Sakurai said.

Isabelle (not an echo, from what I heard)
Cranky Kong
Celica
"Alola Pokémon" (supposedly it was a toss up between Decidueye and Incineroar, but I'm not sure who they went with)
Elma

Also heard Sakurai wanted a Tetris stage, but given how the person seemed shaky on it, I think it might've been old or outdated info (which the Alola thing would support). But f*** it, here it is anyway. Enjoy.

How many text leaks do you think there'll be by the time the game releases? I'm guessing at least 200.
Seriously, where do people get these extremely specific minor details?

Like, how do you go from not being sure if this is all the newcomers to knowing of how much Sakurai might have wanted a Tetris stage?

For real, I know stuff like this comes in bits and pieces, but come on.

Also obviously fake.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Mother kinda seems unlikely to get new anything. New cast members appear in Ness' and Lucas' Final Smashes, and that's it
We did get an overhauled Magicant stage (seriously, compare both versions, the amount of changes is insane), and I think Ramblin Evil Mushroom is a new item/assist trophy. Also, like you said, Ness and Lucas's final smashes.

I think this game will have at least one more big Mother thing as a farewell to the series. As sad as it is, I don't think anything Mother-related will be in the next Smash game after this (unless Shigesato Itoi realizes that Mother has the potential to be bigger than it is and makes a new game).

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
What if Flying Man? I'm serious...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Alola Pokémon" (supposedly it was a toss up between Decidueye and Incineroar, but I'm not sure who they went with) "

Alright, homie don't stay in echo chambers too long you'll go deaf:denzel:.

From what angle?

I mean he IS from one game while Porky is from two and has a personal connection with both of the MOTHER boys, not just one.
Lol that wasn't even what I was referring to. I'm just glad Celica's in a fake leak for once.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
A 3rd Mother rep and people will still say F-Zero has no relevance for a 2nd character afterwards...

:sadsheep:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
A 3rd Mother rep and people will still say F-Zero has no relevance for a 2nd character afterwards...

:sadsheep:
We need Black Shadow, the Falcon Punch meme must be made a reality in Smash.

Also Black Shadow vs Ganondorf would be pretty hilarious thinking about it...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Let's get this out of the way: not every stage is coming back.

Figured. I thought Pictochat 2 and Flat Zone X effectively took everything from their respective previous forms so those don’t need to come back. Happy that the two stadiums are separate though; stadium 1 was not as gimmicky as stadium 2.

Still hoping Fountain of Dreams is coming back finally. And I’d love to see Pirate Ship back...unless a certain Galleon is inbound.
Potential fighters from Bandai Namco (besides, naturally, Pac-Man):
  • Heihachi (because Heihachi is usually their go-to crossover guy)
  • Nightmare (because he's Team Soul's mascot, and Link appeared in SCII)
  • Agumon (for that Pokémon vs. Digimon nostalgia)
That's how I see it.
I love Soul Calibur, ever since Link showed up in SCII. Hopefully the new one isn’t a ****show like SCV though.

I’d love to see Ivy in because of whip-sword moveset potential, but she could give Bayonetta lessons in being inappropriate. Siegfried’s my favorite character, so a Nightmare with both as alt costumes would be beyond awesome.

Still wishing Amy was gonna come back to SC too, but that seems unlikely based on the timeframe...
Random thought: We have four stages, several assist trophies, two characters, updated final smashes for said two characters, and probably several more things I can't think of from the Mother series. Unless one of the gimmicks for this game is later revealed to be "every stage is coming back too!", that's a crap-ton of love for Mother.

If we were to get one more fighter from the Mother series, who would it be? I would say "Ninten" since we just got Earthbound Beginnings not too long ago, but if Sakurai wanted to add more villains, I can actually see regular Porky getting in.
No offense for Ninten fans, but doesn’t word of god say that Ness was designed in such a way that it’s up to the player whether or not Ness is Ninten? In that case, he’d be best as an alt costume.
Did anyone ask for more text leaks? No? Take one anyways.
For the sake of discussion: out of the many fake text leaks we've seen (I have 37 logged so far), which one has been your favorite?
Can’t say I really have a favorite - none are suggesting Dovahkiin. :p

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Did anyone ask for more text leaks? No? Take one anyways.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422069971
Newcomers:
>Inkling
>Ridley
>K. Rool
>Mimikyu
>Elma
>Tibby (Rhythm Heaven)
>Lip
>Hanafuda Captain
>Simon Belmont
>Geno
>Rayman

Echo Fighters:
>Daisy
>Chrom
>Octoling
>Shadow

Other Stuff:
>Fountain Of Dreams, Delfino Plaza, Mushroom Kingdom I, PokeFloats, and Kongo Jungle are coming back.
>Every previous announcer from the series will return, along with a new announcer.
>Several BEMANI composers are being brought on to work on some remixes
>and finally, Story Mode is returning and there will voice acting in it.
This seems like the best possible timeline, but it's likely fake.
No Bandana Dee?

Bowser no.gif

Not the best possible timeline, mate.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
"Alola Pokémon" (supposedly it was a toss up between Decidueye and Incineroar, but I'm not sure who they went with) "
Please be Decidueye. Please be Decidueye.

But I would be happy with Alolan Meowth. :awesome:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Decidueye is always going to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I guess supporters really are dedicated.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Hell yeah. I've loved it since it was leaked and everyone called it Robinhoot. :p Archer owl that's Grass/Ghost and has a great color scheme? Lots of appeal for me.

It's also just now occurring to me that the Gourgeist line is the only Grass/Ghost line I don't absolutely love lol.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'm a bit surprised that leaks are still dropping 8~16 newcomers after what Sakurai said at E3.
I can only see 5 at max. But maybe I was tricked by the man. With 5 newcomers they can show 3 until the game releases and keep 2 hidden.

(Also,I saw that someone is building a leak log,mind to share?)

KMDP

Smash Legend
I love Soul Calibur, ever since Link showed up in SCII. Hopefully the new one isn’t a ****show like SCV though.
SCVI is certainly looking promising.
I’d love to see Ivy in because of whip-sword moveset potential, but she could give Bayonetta lessons in being inappropriate. Siegfried’s my favorite character, so a Nightmare with both as alt costumes would be beyond awesome.
Maybe a Siegfried/Nightmare double pack? XD
They come as Clones of each other, and play relatively the same as a result: Siegfried is slightly faster than Nightmare, but doesn't have the self-healing mechanic.
Still wishing Amy was gonna come back to SC too, but that seems unlikely based on the timeframe...
Maybe Amy'll appear as a non-Story unlockable or, later on, DLC?

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm a bit surprised that leaks are still dropping 8~16 newcomers after what Sakurai said at E3.
I can only see 5 at max. But maybe I was tricked by the man. With 5 newcomers they can show 3 until the game releases and keep 2 hidden.

(Also,I saw that someone is building a leak log,mind to share?)
Honestly I have no idea where yall are getting 5 from, he said there's gonna be less, that could mean anything below 15 since that's what smash 4 had. This is supposed to be a brand new game I'd hope we'd get more than 5 newcomers

I think 10 total is a good number, not including echoes

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Snipperclips music is certainly a surprise. It probably won't be the weirdest thing represented by the time the game is released though.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Has there been any (((leak))) with him in it?
leaks with him in it? No, vergeben has only simon belmont for characters we havent seen yet.

FAKE leaks with waddle dee in them? well im sure if i sit on 4chan for 5 minutes one will pop up...

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Honestly I have no idea where yall are getting 5 from, he said there's gonna be less, that could mean anything below 15 since that's what smash 4 had. This is supposed to be a brand new game I'd hope we'd get more than 5 newcomers

I think 10 total is a good number, not including echoes
He didn't say "less" he said "not much." I don't see a reason for him to say that if the difference in the amount of newcomers is hardly significant.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
leaks with him in it? No, vergeben has only simon belmont for characters we havent seen yet.

FAKE leaks with waddle dee in them? well im sure if i sit on 4chan for 5 minutes one will pop up...
I remember that one laugable 3DS bandana dee leak. It was funny to look at.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
He didn't say "less" he said "not much." I don't see a reason for him to say that if the difference in the amount of newcomers is hardly significant.
Same thing, I still think we're getting more than 5, this is still a brand new game with 3-ish years of work done and tons of reused assets. The reason we're getting less is cause they brought back the 5 or so extra veterans, doesn't mean we can't get a decent amount of newcomers as well

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

I'm gonna be so depressed when he gets revealed. It'll take me a good week to walk it off.
Hell yeah. I've loved it since it was leaked and everyone called it Robinhoot. :p Archer owl that's Grass/Ghost and has a great color scheme? Lots of appeal for me.

It's also just now occurring to me that the Gourgeist line is the only Grass/Ghost line I don't absolutely love lol.
Hey, Pumpkaboo is amazing.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
While we dont know for certain that chorus kids were the rhythm heaven rep we missed out on, it does make a lot of sense.
Faulting the gematsu leak for NOT including something is also really flawed logic. Iirc the leak didnt say that would be all of the newcomers, so it doesnt lose any points for that. A leak can only lose points for things it says that ended up being incorrect.

The leak missed out on chorus kids and chrom, and we found out later down the line that both were considered at some point. Cant really say gematsu lost any points, the leak was just outdated by the time we got it.
Link me to a source where Sakurai specifically mentions considering the Chorus Kids.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The 'Ultimate' Super Smash Bros. experience? My English level is currently too weak for me to be able to give you more accurate descriptions about all of this, my apologies.

However, what are your thoughts about a possible change in the gameplay formula of our beloved SSB?
Man the first reply somehow got the game's title and concept by pure chance. Freaky...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Link me to a source where Sakurai specifically mentions considering the Chorus Kids.
he's never mentioned it outright as far as i know.

There is a Rhythm heaven emblem in smash bros wiiu that was found in datamining and its one of the few series to have smash run enemies but no character from that series. this combined with the gematsu leak only being wrong about "chrom" (someone sakurai HAS specifically mentioned almost making it in smash) and "chorus kids" from rhythm heaven, strongly suggests at one point in development they were planned.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I very much doubt this is the last Smash game, the every Smash character ever thing probably has more to do with it being Smash's 20th Anniversary
Where can they possibly go from here? They can't just keep adding characters. Eventually, the roster will get too big. A reboot with a smaller roster may be the only way Smash can move forward. Also, the 20th Anniversary is not until next year.
It is implied that Paula and Poo taught him those attacks (and Kumatora for Lucas). No one would be there to teach Ninten PK Flash and PK Starstorm because no one used those attacks in Mother 1.

Last edited:

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
Ninten could be an echo fighter for Ness, with his attacks acting more like Ness' in the older games (stronger bair/dair, more emphasis on physical attacks in general).

Ivander

Smash Legend
I will always argue that SCIV was so so much worse than SCV. At least SCV actually had good gameplay with the battle system, it just didn't back it up with modes much like SCIV. Cause even if SCIV had the Arcade endings compared to V and had the biggest roster and old cast, SCIV's gameplay was frickin' horrible and it had nothing backing it up other than a weak Arcade mode, a Gauntlet mode with no story unlike Weapon Master Mode or Chronicles of the Sword, a downgraded Create a Soul mode and horrible online.
At the same time, SCV gave us a Sword & Shield wielder that didn't have a butt or crotch attack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom