• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Champions are bland and boring, it's too be expected when BOTW largley ignored story and character development, since it needed to do so for the sake of an open world. There are still many better options for newcomers.
But Mipha though...she was perfection

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Okay, in conjunction with the whole 12 Newcomers Challenge. Would you guys rather do a 10 Stage Challenge or 10 PokéBall Pokémon Challenge?
Ok, toughie...

Pokémon
  1. Growlithe: Flamethrower - works as Charizard/Cyndaquil's former Pokéball
  2. Arcanine: Extremespeed and Fire Fang - runs quickly to a random opponent and chomps with a fire attack
  3. Steelix: Autotomize - Flies to the top of the screen and rains Steel body parts. Works similarly to Onix in 64.
  4. Donphan: Rollout - works similarly to the Green or Red shells, but much bigger
  5. Slaking: Facade - Slaking loafs on stage, and then will suddenly and randomly let loose a powerful physical attack
  6. Wailord: Rest - works similarly to the Helirin assist trophy in Brawl. Wailord becomes a large temporary hard platform.
  7. Croagunk: Poison Jab - Hits opponents for minor damage. They take damage over time as if they had a flower.
  8. Cofagrigus: Destiny Bond - Traps an opponent inside the sarcophagus like the barrels on Wrecking crew.
  9. Honedge: Swords Dance - Acts as a new held item with powerful swings
  10. Nihilego: Constrict - Attaches itself to a fighter like the Metroids. Will also randomize button inputs for the selected player.

Stages
  1. Tetris - Players are in an enclosed space with pieces continually falling from above. Major KO technique is from crushing beneath tetrominoes.
  2. Rainbow Road (N64) - as seen in Mario Kart 8. Works similarly to other Rainbow road stage on 3DS.
  3. Bowser's Castle - Loads of lava around
  4. Ganon's Castle - possibly include transitions to the individual Sage rooms
  5. Murasame Castle - with an appropriate Japanese flair
  6. Ecruteak City - with the sights or use of both the Burned tower and the Bell Tower
  7. Gangplank Galleon - Standard ship stage, continually under attack by cannonballs
  8. A Metroid stage based on the various Ridley fights
  9. Urchin Underpass - Standard stage
  10. High Hrothgar - Shut up, I can still dream about Skyrim. Inherits the Ridley boss from Pyrosphere as Alduin

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Mipha was a caring sister with a spear who could swim good (she's a Zora, what do you expect?) and heal.

Never uses the spear at all and merely was shown doing what any other Zora could do except the healing. She's also a bit coy and soft-spoken.

...is she popular because people want to fertilize her eggs?

He already has eggs bouncing off the ground, a new Ftilt and a new DA. And we haven't even got a good look at him yet
Those are alterations, however.

I mean like, his update from a more recent thing will likely be the FS; probably Eggdozer or something

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
12 would be the lowest number of newcomers we’ve ever gotten. It’s tempering expectations while still trying to remain optimistic. I mean, it is a new Smash after all. Everyone coming back probably did take quite a bit of time though.

I don’t think 12 is too many to expect. I think 15 is, but I also think 8 is too low. How many are you expecting??? Keep in mind when I say 12 that includes Inkling, Daisy, and Ridley, so there’d only be 9 more characters to be revealed. Also, DLC is on the table as well, so that could introduce more.
Honestly, I’m expecting four more newcomers, five at the absolute most. People are setting their expectations waaaay out of proportion. Sakurai mentioned numerous times that they made a priority of bringing back every character ever; that doesn’t just mean reviving Ice Climbers, Snake, Wolf, and the Melee kids. Every single character has returned, and every single one of those characters received updates, both visually and in their moveset. According to Nintendo, this is a new engine, not Smash 4.5, so it’s not like it was a quick and simple port job. On top of that work, Sakurai and co. also had to put their time and effort into all the returning stages, new ones, and whatever new modes we have yet to see.

When Sakurai says “don’t expect many newcomers”, I’m inclined to believe him.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Mipha was a caring sister with a spear who could swim good (she's a Zora, what do you expect?) and heal.

Never uses the spear at all and merely was shown doing what any other Zora could do except the healing. She's also a bit coy and soft-spoken.

...is she popular because people want to fertilize her eggs?
Yes, but also what she could conceptually do, rather than what she has already done.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
But Mipha though...she was perfection
...that is an opinion. And one which is absolutely not universally shared.

I thought she was undeniably the flattest champion. I'm not big on romances, particularly the terrible Romeo-and-Juliet-star-crossed kind. At least without the romance, Link and Zelda still has a coming of age story and a finding inner strength. Mipha did nothing but whine in a gratingly bad voice.

There can be cases made for each of the champions. Mipha has a unique weapon! Urbosa had an awesome characterization! Daruk is a heavyweight! Revali is a true archer archetype without a sword! We need reps for Zoras or Gorons or Rito or women of color!

Point is, I think they should all come as a box set, which is why I'd like them best as DLC semiclones so they won't take much dev time but then you can get only the ones you want (or all). Mipha could easily pick up a lot of Palutena's moves with the staff, and WFT's deep breathing, and Sheik's Bouncing Fish move. Daruk can take a lot from Bowser and/or DK, and Ike's sword moves. Urbosa's good with Palutena's shield moves and Marth's swordplay with some Pikachu lightning attacks. Revali could pick up Link's and Pit's archery along with a lot of Falco's normals.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

Who's ready for the next innovation of Smash control that will totally succeed the Gamecube controller as the favored way to play Smash...

Labo controls :V
Theoretically, couldn’t you create a functional arcade fight stick using Labo? One issue of making button based controllers with Labo, though, is that it has to effectively be the CRT of controllers as the IR camera has to be placed far enough back from the reflective tape under the buttons for it to see all of them, so... you thought existing arcade sticks were bulky? Just you wait...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thanks for everyone who replied to my post about about 12 newcomers.

Here’s a challenge for you all,
Since the OG12 seems to hold such an importance this time around. Let’s do a 12 Newcomers list. They can be predicted, wanted, or both. Rules are 8 original/unique characters (2 of which have already been revealed in Inkling and Ridley, so you only need 6 more.) 2 semi-clones, and 2 Echoes (1 of which is Daisy, so you really only need 1 more.)

And....GO!
Unique:
1. K. Rool
2. Geno
3. Ashley
4. Elma
5. Lip
6. Simon Belmont

Semi Clones:
1. Isabelle
2. Dixie Kong

Echoes:
1. Chrom

Also new 4chan text leak. The count has been updated and Simon joins the 20+ club.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/421935071/#421935071
Newcomers: K. Rool, Ashley, Dixie, Mimikyu, Tails, Simon Belmont
Echoes: Jody Summers, Isabelle

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
While I do think the newcomer count will reach 12 and beyond with DLC, I think beyond 5 unique, non-echo newcomers is setting expectations too high, considering how little time we have until release. At least, this is how I'm viewing it to avoid dissapointment.
I'm honestly expecting around 5 more including whatever clones there may be. That is, before launch at least. I can't claim to know the precise meaning behind Sakurai's wording when he said he didn't want us to expect much in terms of new fighters, but I have a hunch that he wants our expectations to be quite low.
This game has been in development longer than before it was revealed to the public. With 6 months left to release, Sakurai and his team are probably finishing out a few things. Making some changes here and there. If they are doing anything character this late it’s probably an Echo Fighter or finishing touches.

I think it’s fair to say that expectations should be kept low. It’s better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. That being said, we’ve only got 2 unique Fighters thus far. Expecting 6 more, a few semi clones, and another Echo doesn’t seem too far out of the realm of possibilities. At least in my eyes.

Rycin

Smash Rookie
Zoroark is definitely my pick for a Pokémon rep. Just imagine him transforming into different Pokémon for different attacks. (For example Zoroark using skull bash as his side-b while using Bouffalant as his appearance.) I think it’s a great way to show off some Pokémon that aren’t represented in any way in Smash.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I was talking about all veterans, not just the first 12. That said, yes I know the original 12 are faithful representations of their game counterparts, but I mean to give them the same treatment Bayonetta, Pac-man, Village, and Inkling get, where they cram in as much from the source material as humanely possible. In that regard, be it the original 12 or other veterans, they could all be reworked. Like, you could give Kirby more copy abilities represented in his normal moves or give Samus her her different upgrades for different attacks like Megaman has different upgrades for different attacks
Thing is that :ultbayonetta: and :ultmegaman: have a lot of source material that is easy to translate into Smash, which make them feel more "crammed with source material" and "faithful" than past characters, even though that has always been the case.

:ultbowser:Neutral B is from SM64, his Down B from SMB3. Thing with Bowser is that by 2001 he didn't have a lot of source material to pull from and that hasn't changed since his boss fights are about the same as they were from 1986 to 2001. Bowser's moveset uses his anatomy to make moves, while still representing the core of his character, a giant turtle monster that spits fire. This point also applies to :ivysaur:, :ultmewtwo:, :squirtle:, :4charizard:,:ultgreninja:, and :ultlucario: as well, whose moves are inspired from their basic abilities and how the anime used Pokemon anatomy to make fights more dynamic.

:ultpeach: is "crammed" with source material. Her Down B and float ability are from SMB2, her weapons (racket, club, parasol and frying pan) are from Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, and SMRPG. Toad being a meat shield comes from how in Mario canon Toads are loyal servants to her. The rest of her attacks come from the fact that Peach is a silly character in a dress, like butt attacks and slaps.

:ultmarth:Shield Breaker is inspired by how rapier does extra damage to armored enemies as well as how rapiers are designed in real life. SB, USmash and FTilt's animations are inspired by FE1 while Side B and Up B's are inspired by Thracia 776. The made up moves are a result of the logical use of a sword and the fencer gimmick. Pretty crammed if you ask me. :ultroy: is a design abortion so I won't bother.

:ultzelda: is much like Peach that her moveset can only go so far as she is stuck in a dress. Unlike Peach, Zelda really doesn't do a whole lot in Zelda games besides sometimes showing ability for magic, which in her specials is the loose representation of the magic powers in OoT and her normals are like how :ultness:and:ultlucas:use "magic."

:ultgnw: is crammed with source material to such a degree that he has no made up moves.

:ulticeclimbers: have horrid air mobility and slippery movement are based on their movement specs in IC. A lot of their animations like losing, tumble, Neutral B, FSmash and Fair are based on IC as well. Even Up B is based on how in IC a climber can jump high by stomping the other. Much like :ultmarth: the moves that are made up are made from the logical use of hammers among other things. Pretty crammed.

:ultsheik: is completely made up so I won't bother at all.

:ultpichu::ultfalco: Lazy clones but with loose representations like Pichu's Pokedex entries and Falco's personality.
:ultganondorf: is a result of low dev time. He has source material but he is still the same because of his meme status. Quite honestly he doesn't need a lot of change as his moveset is oddly fitting like Choke, Fair, and Dair.

:ultwario: has a loose inspiration of how fast paced Wario Ware is and how Wario's concept was to be a vulgar version of Mario.

:ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultolimar::ultdiddy::ultpit::ultzss: all have source material and their made up moves serve to function on how the character is built.

Besides a few exampes I fail to see how the veterans are not well represented and crammed with source material any less than modern Smash characters.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Honestly, I’m expecting four more newcomers, five at the absolute most. People are setting their expectations waaaay out of proportion. Sakurai mentioned numerous times that they made a priority of bringing back every character ever; that doesn’t just mean reviving Ice Climbers, Snake, Wolf, and the Melee kids. Every single character has returned, and every single one of those characters received updates, both visually and in their moveset. According to Nintendo, this is a new engine, not Smash 4.5, so it’s not like it was a quick and simple port job. On top of that work, Sakurai and co. also had to put their time and effort into all the returning stages, new ones, and whatever new modes we have yet to see.

When Sakurai says “don’t expect many newcomers”, I’m inclined to believe him.
Sakurai said in his Famitsu Article that he was given the option of creating a completely new game, or using a majority of the assets from the previous title. He chose the latter. Super Smash Bros Ultimate is heavily influenced from Smash 4. It’s fair to say that all the veterans coming back probably took some time, I’m not denying that. I’m just saying expecting a grand total of just 6 Newcomers almost seems pessimistic. That leaves us with 3 more reveals.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Sakurai said in his Famitsu Article that he was given the option of creating a completely new game, or using a majority of the assets from the previous title. He chose the latter. Super Smash Bros Ultimate is heavily influenced from Smash 4. It’s fair to say that all the veterans coming back probably took some time, I’m not denying that. I’m just saying expecting a grand total of just 6 Newcomers almost seems pessimistic. That leaves us with 3 more reveals.
So... enhanced port?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Wait a minute L9999 L9999 weren't you the one that told me that Yoshi was too jank to want to pick up? If so, wouldn't an overhaul fix that?

I pick up on stuff like this...
What is "jank" is how his mobility, unorthodox Up B, awful grab, and jump come together. He represents his original self well enough.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Since BoTW story is sooo bad (I don't even mind to finish), I also hope that Smash try to represent things not from the main quest. Yoga Clan and Linels were cool. I hope that if any champion needs to appear at some way, Urbosa make in as a Assist Trophy.
Best case scenario.

Now, a lot of stages and items could work from BOtW. I want a travelling stage, passin through some popular areas, like that valley that rains so much and the dragon crosses in the sky.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Okay, in conjunction with the whole 12 Newcomers Challenge. Would you guys rather do a 10 Stage Challenge or 10 PokéBall Pokémon Challenge?
Let's do both~

Stages
Aether Paradise: large platform in the middle with an incline on the left and a decline on the right. Lift sometimes descends to give another platform above the middle. Ultra Holes appear with Ultra Beast stage hazards such as Pheromosa zipping around to do damage or Guzzlord appearing off at the side to create a windbox into it's mouth.
Bowser's Castle: Classic design with monochrome bricks, lava, and hazards everywhere.
Panel de Pon: Right to left scrolling stage that goes through each fairies worlds, with unique hazards in each world and a rainbow bridge connecting each one. Lip's is simple platforms and light hills, Windy's had windboxes and moving clouds, Sherbet's has slippery ground, Thiana's has enclosed woody spaces, Elias' has moving streams of water, Ruby's has sharp jewels, Flare's has explosive eruptions, Neris has deep water, and Seren has gravity shifts, then it loops back to Lip's.
Excitebike Arena: Large Brawl Mario Circuit type stage with steep randomised ramps. Bikers appear as stage hazards.
Opera House: iconic stage from Fire Emblem Fates. Set up like base version of Arena Ferox with water beneath the stage and boats that float in and off stage. Azura appears periodically and performs in the background, messing with the water underneath the stage.
Main Street: From Animal Crossing New Leaf. Set on the right side of the street with Nookling to Kicks, the blue building cover will pop up every 30ish seconds to alter the stage slightly until the area is fully developed.
PokeFloats 2: Ripping the high poly models from the Pokemon Games, the iconic stage should be brought back and re-imagined with the new Pokemon. Notable parts should be: Avalugg being the starting platform, Staryus spinning slowly over the blast zone, Gardevoir's trailing dress, Shedinja on it's front with the opening at the back being a danger zone that kills instantly, Cofagrigus holding up it's 4 hands for 2 platforms each side of it's body, and Palossand that slows down walk speed.
Studiopolis: Sonic stage that isn't grassy. Bigger Temple-like stage filled with springs and moving platforms.
That's all I got on stages.

Pokemon
Popplio: Shoots out up to 3 bubbles that lazily float around and do weak damage to any opponent that hits them.
Toxapex: uses Baneful Bunker that creates an inpenetrable shield around where it's currently placed. opponents who touch it get bounced away bumper style and get the flower-head effect while the person who summoned it can crouch inside it to stay perfectly safe.
Palossand: uses Sand Tomb to do no-knockback damage to opponents on the ground over a wide area around it.
Turtonator: Waits for opponens to hit it before it explodes with Shell Trap.
Sneasel: speeds around the stage and uses Thief to take an item the opponent is carrying.
Vespiquen: Sends Combee to either attack opponents, buff the summoner, or heal the summoner.
Mismagius: Uses Perish Song on all characters in range. After 5 seconds, they all take heavy damage.
Tornadus: Creates a stage wide windbox that blows all fighters either left or right.
Alolan Golem: uses Rock Throw and shoots out rocks with it's launcher in wide arcs.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What is "jank" is how his mobility, unorthodox Up B, awful grab, and jump come together. He represents his original self well enough.
It seems like you have no inclination to give Yoshi a fair shot in this new game and will treat him lesser to the other 11 starters. You even forgot about him when listing them off

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
He already has eggs bouncing off the ground, a new Ftilt and a new DA. And we haven't even got a good look at him yet
His Egg Roll side special thingy looks stronger, too. Hard to say for sure but the visuals definitely imply its a stronger attack then in previous games. It'll probably still be a bad move unless he can cancel it somehow but at least they seem to have tried.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I don't see how not expecting much when we were told to not expect much is pessimistic.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Since BoTW story is sooo bad (I don't even mind to finish), I also hope that Smash try to represent things not from the main quest. Yoga Clan and Linels were cool. I hope that if any champion needs to appear at some way, Urbosa make in as a Assist Trophy.
Best case scenario.

Now, a lot of stages and items could work from BOtW. I want a travelling stage, passin through some popular areas, like that valley that rains so much and the dragon crosses in the sky.
I thought the BotW story was told really well. The Zora and Gerudo aspects were strong points, and the Goron wasn't that bad. Only the Rito struggled a little bit. The collecting memories and flashbacks that make sense no matter what order you find them were a really clever device.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Dude. The desk from Smash 64 would be AWESOME.

That needs to be a reality right now.

Can we get a stage ballot Sakurai? Cause I feel like the entire fandom would vote in the desk.
I dunno, I think I'd vote for Meta Crystal.

The desk would be pretty awesome though, no denying that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Watch Smash Ultimate have the most Newcomers of any Smash game when all is said and done. :laugh:
Sakurai: Whew, finally, after several months of development, all 12 newcomers of smash ultimate are finally done. now it's finally time to relax.
*Sakurai looks at the calendar*
*It says it's october 7th*
Sakurai: looks like i have a month left to finish this game, it couldn't hurt to add in a couple more characters.
*Sakurai then proceeds to add in 48 more newcomers, and none of them are Waluigi*
I'd love to see this happen. :laugh:

I'm assuming Jody Summer would be an Echo of Falcon... but that'd be so weird. What the hell would she do - Summer Punch?
She's actually next to Zero Suit Samus, so she'd be an echo of her.

Weird, I know.
Anything would work for her at this point, even fighting like a cat.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
It was designed in a cool way in concept, although the reception was mixed as it is another fetch quest out of many.

The clips were short to begin with, and while they do give you a sense of their personality, the content was just lacking altogether.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They are stereotypes imo. Not that that is bad, but their lack of relevance in the story in comparison to others like Skull Kid or Midna is massive.
Well it does help that they gain some more story in the dlc, and are dead in the present day (though of course I haven’t beaten either dlc yet, so...yeah)
...that is an opinion. And one which is absolutely not universally shared.

I thought she was undeniably the flattest champion. I'm not big on romances, particularly the terrible Romeo-and-Juliet-star-crossed kind. At least without the romance, Link and Zelda still has a coming of age story and a finding inner strength. Mipha did nothing but whine in a gratingly bad voice.

There can be cases made for each of the champions. Mipha has a unique weapon! Urbosa had an awesome characterization! Daruk is a heavyweight! Revali is a true archer archetype without a sword! We need reps for Zoras or Gorons or Rito or women of color!

Point is, I think they should all come as a box set, which is why I'd like them best as DLC semiclones so they won't take much dev time but then you can get only the ones you want (or all). Mipha could easily pick up a lot of Palutena's moves with the staff, and WFT's deep breathing, and Sheik's Bouncing Fish move. Daruk can take a lot from Bowser and/or DK, and Ike's sword moves. Urbosa's good with Palutena's shield moves and Marth's swordplay with some Pikachu lightning attacks. Revali could pick up Link's and Pit's archery along with a lot of Falco's normals.
If they play similar to Pokémon Trainer than that could work...anywho we can all agree that Sidon is true perfection

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
My one dream stage is Elysia from Prime 3. Beautiful setting that has good potential for a Smash stage while representing Metroid in a non "the lava is rising" way

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Gee, Bill, how come your mom lets you have two three prompts?
(I'm not going for predictions so much this time because of how much rehashing I'd be doing, just what I'd want to see)

UNIQUE NEWCOMERS
Ridley
Inkling
Elma
King K. Rool
Sami
Meowth
Banjo & Kazooie
KOS-MOS

SEMI-CLONES
Dixie Kong
Dark Samus

ECHOES
Daisy
Ninten
Eryth Sea

Morytha

Cloud Sea

An Advance Wars stage

Mario Party

The Forest Navel

Glitz Pit

Dragon's Gate

Mine Cart Madness

Fountain of Dreams
Spiritomb
Mega Beedrill
Minior
Honedge
Magneton
Hippopotas
Trapinch
Bastiodon
Durant
Drifloon

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
And put me in the boat of people who think most of the original 12 not really needing big reworks. like you could do some but doesn't feel necessary.
But starting by Mario, and I might do more of these if you guys want me to.
:ultmario:
I feel being simple is part of Mario's style, and that the moveset is pretty true to character. Up and neutral special are some of his most iconic abilities. A lot of his normals are taken directly from his games (mostly from 64).
Update/Overhaul potential: His source material doesn't give much that fit his simple style. A lot of his potential is random power-ups which would often feel weird as part of a bigger moveset. there is a few things you could do to make a more "true to game" Mario.
- The most unique thing potential isn't actually attacks, but movement abilities, Like triple Jump, crawling, etc.
- Maybe having him use Hammer for Up-smash.
- Cappy is cool, it's Mario using his iconic hat for attacking. My idea for implementation would be it replacing the cape as side special and would be a projectile with similar Attributes as the cape.
Dr. Mario would still have the sheet of course.
- two ideas if you want to add cap jump, either smashing/doubletapping side-B or adding Mario's Dive as a Z-air that can be used while holding B.​
- FLUDD is slightly outdated, but I don't really have any good ideas for replacement. On the other hand I would like Luigi to Poltergust on down-B so the brothers could have "matching" down-Bs.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
It seems like you have no inclination to give Yoshi a fair shot in this new game and will treat him lesser to the other 11 starters. You even forgot about him when listing them off
Yoshi is just not appealing for competitive play due to how unorthodox he is. :yoshi64: it is the exception because in that game he is a much more appealing pick than a lot of characters because of his nasty combos. :yoshimelee: had a dead meta until AmSa came along.:yoshi2:is trash. :4yoshi:had a meta that was so dead he had no breakthrought performance in FOUR years while seemingly worse characters like:4samus::4duckhunt:had better runs. Having awful MUs against :4cloud2::4bayonetta: as well as bad MUs against :4marth::4lucina: didn't help at all. That is why everyone forgets about Yoshi in Smash. He is never on the radar, besides lol Smash 64.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I don't see how not expecting much when we were told to not expect much is pessimistic.
I’m sorry. That came out wrong. I know to expect a lower number. We all do. I’m just saying a total of 6 seems way too low to me. We each took the statement differently, and in all honesty, we are probably both wrong.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Any time I hear enhanced port I want to go on a long rant. I won't tho

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I don't think it is. Lol

Also, Meowth? Has he been disconfirmed already? Cause if not, we might be sleeping on him. One of the more iconic Ninty characters next to Toad that aren't in.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Alright, here's a new game: Name 3 songs that you want to have in SSBU, regardless of how likely or unlikely they are to get in. 3 songs that you want to Smash to so badly, you'd let Link near your prized pottery collection for at least 30 seconds, just to ensure that they get into the game. They all must be from different franchises. Songs from all franchises owned by Nintendo and their 2nd parties, Sega, Konami, Capcom, Bandai Namco, and Square Enix are all fair game, but no music from games not developed/published by any of these companies.

My List:
1. Wave Ocean ~ The Inlet (Sonic the Hedgehog (2006))
I hate just about everything in this game... except for the music. The vast majority (looking at you and your Midis, Chronicles) of Sonic games have amazing soundtracks, and 2006 is no exception. This is hands down my favorite track from 2006, it is the very definition of speed to me, and I'd love to fight with it playing in the background.

2. That Person's Name Is (Bravely Default)
I'd love to get music from other SE series aside from FF, and this is my number one choice. I loved BD as well as its music, and this track is a perfect fit for Smash, imho.

3. Battle! Aqua/Magma Leader (Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)
Easily my favorite track from any and all Pokémon games, hands down. Being a Hoenn fanboy, I really want to see music from ORAS in SSBU, and this one is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom