• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Never played a Metroid game. are they really hard? i kinda suck at games despite playing for years and stuff like dark souls make me want to cry.
Though I might pick up Prime 4.
Challenging at first, but you get used to it. That is, until they pull some really twisted deviant stuff that you have to figure out just when you think you got used to everything. I first experienced Metroid through a used copy of Prime 1 on GCN I got for my 11th birthday. The thing was only 3 bucks, a damn steal if I ever saw one. Look up Prime's costs today and you'll be busting out almost triple digits sometimes.

You could also just get the Prime trilogy from the Wii U E-Shop I think, but I don't have a Wii U so don't quote me on that.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd have Mona or Jimmy T replace Ashley as an assist if she truly is playable.

Jimmy T should just have him come out and dance with a bunch of cats like this:

It'd be useless, but it'd be such a fun appearance. More assist trophies could really do ''nothing." and just be like ''I am here as well."

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People are still ****ting on Corrin. Come on that's so 2015.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mocking any character being in Smash is childish.

Imagine being a Bayonetta fan and having to put up with what people say about her in Smash.

It's tiresome, contributes nothing positive to discussion (unless you're talking about her gameplay needing tweaks in a calm and collected manner) and just makes you look like a butt.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Imagine being a Bayonetta fan and having to put up with what people say about her in Smash.

It's tiresome, contributes nothing positive to discussion (unless you're talking about her gameplay needing tweaks in a calm and collected manner) and just makes you look like a butt.
Looking like a butt has never stopped any internet goer.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say that is the point sometimes.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

I mock Kamui/Corrin for being the most boring protagonist (or maybe even character for that matter) in FE history.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Someone has the right to hate a character just as much as someone has the right to love a character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I dunno, have you seen Rowan?

GOD, I HATE KINGS SO MUCH. SCREW MY DAD. I WANNA BE A KNIIIIIIIIIIGHT

repeat until credits.
Be like Roy
love your dad so much you take his place in the battlefield when he has a fever or whatever eliwood had

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Looking like a butt has never stopped any internet goer.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say that is the point sometimes.
So what you're saying is, it's ok to be toxic.

Guess you agree with the people who harassed Sakurai then.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So what you're saying is, it's ok to be toxic.

Guess you agree with the people who harassed Sakurai then.
No. I'm saying:
And destiny is people on the internet acting like asshats and lacking/ignoring self-awareness.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
In 2015, Sakurai revealed in an interview that he's aware of Ashley popularity among the Smash community.

Always in 2015, Sakurai started designing Smash Ultimate and its roster.

I want to B E L I E V E.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll be honest, I'll miss TP Ganon. I think he had a good design going. Maybe they'll make an Alph of him and make him an alt. costume. :4ganondorf:

Shroob

Sup?
Sitting here, I seriously wonder how I got through Brawl and Smash 4 speculation.

.....then I remember that we actually had a reason to look forward to the PotD since whatever it was, it most likely was going to be new.

Honestly, as excited as I am for Ultimate, I feel incredibly numb to speculation this time, because there's just no reason to be excited.

We know everyone's returning, which is amazing, but when it comes to actual 'new' stuff to see on it site, they can drag this on for a loooooooooong time.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Someone has the right to hate a character just as much as someone has the right to love a character.
The problem on the internet is? A lot of people hate a character that they truly have no experience with?

If you've never watched the movie/tv show/read the book/played the game the character stars in and you're hating before giving a chance?

Yes, you just look like a butt.

If you have a valid point of opinion after experiencing the character and you voice it in a good manner without resorting to mockery and name calling?

More power to you.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It’s ok to express dislike a character and all but....

Stands on mod podium

...Attacking, flaming, trolling, or insulting a character and it’s fanbase is strictly against both the Smashboards and Smash Ultimate Rules. If you have nothing nice to say and know it will offend/cause flame wars, then keep it to yourself. You can not like a character but you don’t have to be a **** about it.

...Gets off mod podium

I REEEEAAAAALLY don’t like the idea of Steve? playable due in part that I would prefer Banjo and Kazooie or Master Chief and I don’t play Minecraft/thinks it’s for little kids BUT I do recognize that Minecraft is an extremely popular franchise - especially in Japan despite it being western and he seems to have some moveset potential. Plus, a Minecraft stage would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I do recognize that Minecraft is an extremely popular franchise - especially in Japan despite it being western and he seems to have some moveset potential.
Is it really that popular in the East?
Gee, now I wonder how the Japanese Minecraft Youtube market is doing.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'll be honest, I'll miss TP Ganon. I think he had a good design going. Maybe they'll make an Alph of him and make him an alt. costume. :4ganondorf:
Dude, I feel like I'm in such a minority in liking TP Ganondorf more.

That guy really did feel like an evil tyrant meant to be king, while OoT Ganondorf felt more like a warlock that rose to power.
TP Ganondorf uses the sword of light that's stabbed through his chest as his main weapon for crying out loud. Now that's pretty damn metal.

And man, he had one of the most brutal Ganondorf death scenes.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Honestly people don't need a reason to dislike a character any more than they need one to like one. Maybe they remind you of someone you don't like or just have a boring design. You don't have to play the game to not want someone in smash. No one is condoning attacking other people for their likes, but disliking a character and not wanting them in smash is perfectly fine

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I try to teach my students “Arts and Crafts” but then they automatically scream out “Minecraft!” Extremely popular might of been a stretch but it’s pretty damn popular from what I can gather.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
It dominated the Google Search records for a while until Fortnite recently usurped it as the most searched game. That's pretty telling.

EDIT: I'm tired. It beat out Minecraft on YouTube's algorithm or whatever, which is a huge feat considering how Minecraft singlehandely dominated such a major social media app for years.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It dominated the Google Search records for a while until Fortnite recently usurped it as the most searched game. That's pretty telling.
That and pubg. I’ve been seeing pubg commercials a lot as of late.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
People are still ****ting on Corrin. Come on that's so 2015.
Time does not make a character any less crappy, my guy.

Of course, I'm not going to take away the fun of those who genuinely like the character, and I still understand why she was in Smash, but etc etc we've been down this road a dozen times before.

:ness:

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Vita version of Minecraft was the first title published by Sony to sell over 1 million copies in Japan in over 10 years.

It was also the number one downlaoded title for the Nintendo Switch in Japan.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Challenging at first, but you get used to it. That is, until they pull some really twisted deviant stuff that you have to figure out just when you think you got used to everything. I first experienced Metroid through a used copy of Prime 1 on GCN I got for my 11th birthday. The thing was only 3 bucks, a damn steal if I ever saw one. Look up Prime's costs today and you'll be busting out almost triple digits sometimes.

You could also just get the Prime trilogy from the Wii U E-Shop I think, but I don't have a Wii U so don't quote me on that.
I wish I hadn't sold my gamecube over a decade ago. I bought the Prime trilogy for the Wii, but since it forces you to use the Wii Remote I can't bring myself to play it since the controls become so wonky in translation.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Welp, guess I better start getting ready for the Steve trailer. :4pacman:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
To be fair, the Fortnite avatar does have moveset potential and the game is more of a toon-y kind of graphic so it could fit...

Why I'm even remotely giving it a chance is beyond me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

lmao what do you mean 'imagine'? I saw people screaming "**** YOU *****" while screaming in rage at her return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom