• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A super sentai series where they got in super Yoshi bots to fight Bowser Jr.

Obviously.
It better have some bangin' metal tracks that go hardcore right after some cutesy stuff..

Shroob

Sup?
Reminder:

If they keep showing 3 veterans a week, that means that they'll run out of characters by November 9th.

IF, and only if they keep this up, and don't reduce it, that could mean they'd need to fill 9-12 days with characters.

Of course, this is assuming that they keep it at 3, which we have no idea if they will or not.

Watch and wait.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
We are very unlikely to get six Echo Fighters. Just not happening. 1 or 2? Yeah. Comprising a large chunk of newcomers? No way.
Melee had 6 clones Dr Mario, Pichu, Ganondorf, Roy, Falco and Young Link to make up for the smaller amount of newcomers.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The website blog has updated. It's just *sigh* Corrin.
Ah yes, the death to FE's potential roster. :ultcorrin:
Well now we know the pattern of E3 appearances from the trailer is broken now, we can't predict who it is to a tee anymore.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
I REALLY hope they don't organize the game's actual CSS by their "Numbered Appearance" Like on the website and demo build.

I get what they're going for, but Lordy that will make such a cluttered mess. Smash 4's messy CSS was bad enough.
I couldn't agree more. It's like playing Where's Waldo when looking at mock-draft character screens.

Shroob

Sup?
Unverified, since lol4chan, but people were saying that 2ch was calling Ridley "Captain America".

If that's true, doesn't surprise me much, since Metroid was never really popular in Japan.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Melee had 6 clones Dr Mario, Pichu, Ganondorf, Roy, Falco and Young Link to make up for the smaller amount of newcomers.
That's neither here nor there nor relevant to Smash Ultimate. We're in a different time. Even with the new Echo Fighter term? No one is going to accept 6 of them as a majority of the newcomers.

Sakurai knows this, and he also understands that having just the TWO last time made people lose their god damn minds for some reason. Even when one was Lucina, one of the most popular recent Fire Emblem characters.

Echo Fighters wasn't coined just to add a ton of them and I don't know why everyone is thinking this.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Unverified, since lol4chan, but people were saying that 2ch was calling Ridley "Captain America".

If that's true, doesn't surprise me much, since Metroid was never really popular in Japan.
Gonna need some fanart of this, should be hilarious.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Whoever the next reveal may be, I'm guessing it'll be one that generates much less hype than the E3 reveals. I don't think it'll be someone hugely popular like K. Rool, Geno, or Ashley but more along the lines of Bandanna Dee or an ARMS character if we're getting one. The hugely popular ones will be saved for a Smash Direct closer to release imo. I could see us getting smaller hype characters on the website like they did with Robin and Lucina and then the popular could be saved for directs.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If Ashley does become playable I can't wait to see a lot of western people be like "literally who"?

I know she's got a solid fanbase over here but it's nothing in comparison to Japan. I mean...I saw some people's reaction who had no idea who Ridley was and I was like WAT.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I want a big buff American guy wearing a shirt that just says "football" holding a B I G sign with Ridley and Freedom pasted in random places.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If Ashley does become playable I can't wait to see a lot of western people be like "literally who"?

I know she's got a solid fanbase over here but it's nothing in comparison to Japan. I mean...I saw some people's reaction who had no idea who Ridley was and I was like WAT.
It'd be similar to Japan's reaction to Little Mac, so it wouldn't be a first in the Smash Bros. series.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Ah yes, the death to FE's potential roster. :ultcorrin:
Well now we know the pattern of E3 appearances from the trailer is broken now, we can't predict who it is to a tee anymore.
Don’t worry, we’ll get our 7th FE character from FE: Three Houses soon as DLC.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
So I guess they didn't play Subspace Emissary or on the Pyrosphere stage in Smash 4. Or look at the trophies.
Legitimately I don't understand how Western people don't know who Ridley is. I mean it's a smaller group I'm guessing, but still really odd. Metroid isn't a huge selling franchise but like you said he's appeared in Smash several times, and Smash is huge. Anyone who's been part of Smash speculation since the Brawl days should have an idea of who Ridley is.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Legitimately I don't understand how Western people don't know who Ridley is. I mean it's a smaller group I'm guessing, but still really odd. Metroid isn't a huge selling franchise but like you said he's appeared in Smash several times, and Smash is huge. Anyone who's been part of Smash speculation since the Brawl days should have an idea of who Ridley is.
Listen, there are people who barely know who Luigi is.

When you think of it in that context, it's not so unbelievable that the recurring villain of a series that has lain relatively dormant in recent years wouldn't be known to the extremely casual non-videogame savvy audience.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The echo fighter term isn't even universely loved either. Look at how people fight and reject the idea of characters as echos.

Even some Daisy fans are bummed she's an Echo. Most have accepted it's her gateway in, but others are really bummed that she's not completely unique like other fighters in the Mario series.

It's proof that Sakurai most likely won't be making a chunk of newcomers Echo Fighters, because you'd have more and more fan favorites or people who clicked as one to him in a role that would be divisive to the community.

We're getting 2 or 3 more at most AND I have a strong feeling? If there are more? They'll be FIRST PARTY ONLY.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I've been working a ton lately, as well as watching a friend's corgi while she's at a music festival, so I haven't been around too much. But every time I've been here lately, I've seen people talking about Ashley...
Good.

She deserves the attention.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Don’t worry, we’ll get our 7th FE character from FE: Three Houses soon as DLC.
No offense to FE: Full House but I'd like to see from FE7 love. :p I want my boy Hector since Lyn is already out.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I want more Mona love.

Obviously she's not the more likely candidate for a :ultwario: rep, but I mean I want more Mona stuff in general.

Ashley is great and all but she's gotten a bit TOO popular... Kinda sick of seeing her all the time instead of the rest of Wario's equally great cast.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Listen, there are people who barely know who Luigi is.

When you think of it in that context, it's not so unbelievable that the recurring villain of a series that has lain relatively dormant in recent years wouldn't be known to the extremely casual non-videogame savvy audience.
I guess. I understand Metroid isn't a huge seller and was dormant for a while, but you'd think even people who are just Smash fans would have at least heard of him. It was impossible to avoid Ridley talk in the Smash 4 days.

But hey, it's not a problem anymore. Now that he's in people will look up what this scary looking monster is and hopefully get into Metroid.

everyone buy metroid games pls

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Engage
The
Hector-Copter
And I have a really strong biased against Awakening onwards. :4ness: But I'll just say it's because FE7 was the first English introduction and he has a hecking axe.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I guess. I understand Metroid isn't a huge seller and was dormant for a while, but you'd think even people who are just Smash fans would have at least heard of him. It was impossible to avoid Ridley talk in the Smash 4 days.

But hey, it's not a problem anymore. Now that he's in people will look up what this scary looking monster is and hopefully get into Metroid.

Never played a Metroid game. are they really hard? i kinda suck at games despite playing for years and stuff like dark souls make me want to cry.
Though I might pick up Prime 4.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
And I have a really strong biased against Awakening onwards. :4ness: But I'll just say it's because FE7 was the first English introduction and he has a hecking axe.
You'd think the first international Fire Emblem game would get some more respect, smh.

Sure, I'll buy Federation Force.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I want more Mona love.

Obviously she's not the more likely candidate for a :ultwario: rep, but I mean I want more Mona stuff in general.

Ashley is great and all but she's gotten a bit TOO popular... Kinda sick of seeing her all the time instead of the rest of Wario's equally great cast.
I'd like to see Mona pop up. Probably as an assist. Kat and Ana are here (at least I assume they're still here). Why not add another WarioWare character?

Never played a Metroid game. are they really hard? i kinda suck at games despite playing for years and stuff like dark souls make me want to cry.
Though I might pick up Prime 4.
They're definitely fairly challenging, but they're good fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom