• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
I just want more 3rd party characters. I think nintendo series are represented well (save kirby and star fox). And cloud proved that pretty much anything is possible.
My top 3:
1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Tails/Knuckles

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I guess a Zelda revamp could be interesting, but she doesn't need it. She only needs tweaks and minor changes. Her getting a revamp before Ganondorf wouldn't sit comfortably with me, considering if any veteran deserves changes, I still think it's him.

D

Deleted member

Bowserlick Bowserlick

Ok, can confirm; Ivysaur doesn't fire either type of shooting item with its mouth either. It holds the weapons with its vines to shoot. Nor does Squirtle, another character who holds items in its mouth.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
if we are talking 3rd parties, I think Crash with the upcoming reboot and his gaming history could be a great choice to include and super unique. So I would love to see him. I hope with the results of SupeR bomberman R Konami would be open to discuss smash inclusions of Snake again or even Bomberman as they both are major third parties imo that would be great to have.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Bowserlick Bowserlick

Ok, can confirm; Ivysaur doesn't fire either type of shooting item with its mouth either. It holds the weapons with its vines to shoot. Nor does Squirtle, another character who holds items in its mouth.
Apparently, in real life people being shot by their dogs is an actual problem. The dog's name happened to be Trigger. http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/27/us/indiana-trigger-the-dog-shoots-owner/

I am fine with Lycanroc holding the gun with his tail and pulling the trigger with the tip of his tail. With the hammer, Lycanroc could walk backwards and hold the hammer with his tail so he could swing downwards. He can look over his shoulder as he walks to indicate the way he is going. Everyone looks ridiculous with the hammer.

All in all, I do not think we are going to get a quadruped pokemon in this Smash. But if they wanted to, I think it would work.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Since I've pretty much mastered Zelda as is, and I'm pretty good with her, I wouldn't want her to suffer any changes, other than some stat buffs and maybe getting a few of her normal attacks being changed. But a revamp could make her better for everybody, and improve her tier position.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
yeah for zelda just tweaking would probably be enough. If they were revamp her I would like them to rework the phantom and make her partially a puppet character.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd personally prefer Mimikyu myself if gen 7 would get a character in Smash for Switch. It seems to be the most prominent one yet so far as far as the Pokemon franchise is concerned. (At least from what I've seen so far)

I think they can do some interesting things with it what with it being a ghost/fairy type (One of the types which Jigglypuff's not taking much advantage of in Smash 4 atm) and if they incorporate some of its characteristics from the one featured in the anime much like they did with some of the other Pokemon characters. I think there can be some good potential for the pokemon.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
As long as the character is unique and fun I'll have no issues.

But since that character may not even exist yet, you can't really guess who it could be. I do think Decidueye has cool potential though.

- - - - -
The 4th amiibo alongside the final DLC trio seems interesting. I wonder who it could be? I think it'd be funny if it was female Corrin, but I'm kinda doubting it.

Still, only 1 extra amiibo seems to discredit the rumors of their being two new fighters in a port for Smash Wii U. Though that could just mean that development of one of those amiibos couldn't have started quite yet, a third-party maybe?

My gut says Ice Climbers, but I would love more brand new fighters too.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nikki > Amelia

There, I've said it Ura.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For Pokemon reps here's what I feel is on the table:

Mimikyu, Decideueye, Incenior, Silvallly or Null, and Lycanroc.

Out of those I think top 3 are Incenior, Decideueye, and Lycanroc.

I think all of them would be cool and have great potential.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If there even was a Zelda Newcomer.

Who would it be?

Who would it be?
IMO, at the very least assuming it is a port.

Someone from BotW.

Now I have no idea who from BotW it would be from not playing it, but relevancy has always been a major issue, and I personally don't think any other character in the series has enough impact to be in a smaller cast.

For a full on game with a bunch of newcomers mayyyyyybeeeeeeee I could see someone else as a "for fun character" like say . . .Tingle for instance

But otherwise my money is from someone from the recent and overwhelmingly popular BotW, in which an entire consoles launch is centered around.

This could also be a character from another game but also appears in BotW in a major role
EX Impa has a major role* in BotW but they use SS impa instead for one reason or another

*Theoretical. I have no idea if Impa is even in the game

:061:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Who would it be?
Got to are with Zebei.

Its impa or tingle. Both have reoccurring roles and more popularity now thanks to Warriors. as well as some cool moves to use in smash to be unique.

Assuming Impas in BOTW (I don't have it yet to know), then I'd say she would be likely due to her massive role in protecting the triforce, popularity, and moveset potential. Her bigger appearance in Zelda over Tingle would give her the extra advantage imo.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, this was gonna happen eventually. Speculation begins anew on the boards. I'll check in from time to time.

Pokemon:

Sun and Moon's rampant success says that a newcomer is on the list of possibilities. People who've seen me engage in the topic elsewhere know that I've narrowed my personal list of likely picks to Tapu Koko, Mimikyu and Decidueye. No favoritism here, just some logical deduction in a variety of factors that make all three viable choices. No, I don't dislike Incineroar so don't ask. :p

Zelda:

I haven't played enough Breath of the Wild to say if a newcomer would come from there (and there are fans who can make better guesses than me regarding that franchise and Smash). Wouldn't rule out a visual upgrade for Link and Zelda based on it, though.

-------------

It goes without saying that yes, I will continue to vouch for Sylux(there's literally nothing else I'm truly known for around there parts), and yes, I remain aware that it continues to have a snowball's chance in hell at this stage.

I look forward to some (healthy) speculation with you all again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll never really understand why Decidueye is getting so much hype, since I really am not expecting a 7th generation Pokemon to be playable. We don't have any playable 3rd generation or 5th generation Pokemon after all.

Anyway, on another subject, I was thinking of some characters from Breath of the Wild who could get their own trophy.
  • Link (Breath of the Wild)
  • Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
  • Bokoblin
  • Guardian Stalker
  • Old Man
  • Revali
  • Mipha
  • Daruk
  • Urbosa
  • Lynel
  • Calamity Ganon

since I really am not expecting a 7th generation Pokemon to be playable. We don't have any playable 3rd generation or 5th generation Pokemon after all.
Gen 3 and gen 5 didn't come out as a smash game was in development

Closest was Gen 3 for Brawl, but Firered and Leafgreen nabbed that spot

It has less to do with gen 7 being recent than specifically repping every gen.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Gen 3 and gen 5 didn't come out as a smash game was in development

Closest was Gen 3 for Brawl, but Firered and Leafgreen nabbed that spot

It has less to do with gen 7 being recent than specifically repping every gen.

Still, I don't see any 7th generation Pokemon who would really work as a playable character. The Pokemon in that generation could at least appear as Poke Ball Pokemon though.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Who would it be?
If it were to happen, then someone from Breath of the Wild. It's the newest and most relevant Zelda game right now, and has a handful of major characters to work with. It'd depend on if anyone among them felt like a compelling addition, though--they wouldn't add a Zelda newcomer for the sake of "more representation", they'd do it if the character themselves was worth adding.

I'll never really understand why Decidueye is getting so much hype, since I really am not expecting a 7th generation Pokemon to be playable. We don't have any playable 3rd generation or 5th generation Pokemon after all.
Neither of them were relevant during a Smash game's release (though the PT sorta kinda came from Fire Red/Leaf Green). Gen 7 is relevant at the perfect time and has quite a few characters who have the traits Sakurai has said his team looks for.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Still, I don't see any 7th generation Pokemon who would really work as a playable character. The Pokemon in that generation could at least appear as Poke Ball Pokemon though.
You don't see how a Grass-Ghost owl who is an archer would work as a playable character?

Still, I don't see any 7th generation Pokemon who would really work as a playable character.
Do you mean this as none would be exciting or interesting or noteworthy?

Or that you think none of the fanbase choices are feasible? Because that I would REALLY have to disagree with.
I mean Inciniroar is just straight up a bipedal character with appendages able to grab things. And being a pokemon not named unown means it has moves (and that is before all the wrestling)

Then Decidueye. Again bipedal, again able to grab things. Archery and grass moves and ghost etc

Now if it's the former and you meant impact or importance or something just pretend this post doesn't exist. If it's the latter ehhhhhhh :p

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i'm still waiting for the last 3 amiibos to be released. its been over a year since they announced their development. what is taking so long nintendo?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
i'm still waiting for the last 3 amiibos to be released. its been over a year since they announced their development. what is taking so long nintendo?
Seems pretty obvious to me they're going to be released in conjunction with the port.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Boy.

Let's have ourselves a wrastin' match.

So... what are the chances that in a new Smash game (not a port), our FE roster is the same as Smash 4?

:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:
rull low

FE is firing on all cylinders and there will be at least a handful of new titles out by Smash 5. Plus it seems pretty likely, to me at least, that we see some cuts to the FE lineup going forward. Only Marth, Ike, and Robin are safe imo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Indeed.

I doubt Intelligent Systems is going to keep making main characters that give good unique Smash movesets.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Depends on how creative IntSys wants to be.

I'd wager that an Axe lord or a Mage lord are quite possible for the next Fire Emblem game. Going backwards the lords we've gotten are Corrin, Lucina, Chrom, Robin, Micaiah, Ike, Ephraim and Eirika.

The Marth archetypes - A swordsman from a noble house - are a minority. Which tells me that IntSys is fine with branching out, and now that FE is big again, they are more likely to do something non-traditional too.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
And then watch people complain about how Ganondorf and Zelda are turned into generic swordfighters, regardless of how unique their movesets would turn out.
People complain about EVERYTHING; **** I'm probably the worst, but getting cool new stuff is always a plus. I'd really like to see a Ganonodorf/Ganon mix, myself. Give him all those mage abilities, plus a trident. I'd die.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Do you mean this as none would be exciting or interesting or noteworthy?
That's partially the reason why I don't exactly see any 7th generation Pokemon being playable. As of right now, there really isn't anything that I would consider noteworthy about any of the 7th generation starters; none of them can mega evolve, and the bond phenomenon (which never existed until after Smash 3DS / Wii U was released) is exclusive to Greninja.

If anything, the most noteworthy of the 7th generation Pokemon would have to be the Ultra Beasts, but most of them don't feel like playable material, with the only real exceptions being Buzzwole and Pheromosa, but they're version exclusive Pokemon.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That's partially the reason why I don't exactly see any 7th generation Pokemon being playable. As of right now, there really isn't anything that I would consider noteworthy about any of the 7th generation starters; none of them can mega evolve, and the bond phenomenon (which never existed until after Smash 3DS / Wii U was released) is exclusive to Greninja.

If anything, the most noteworthy of the 7th generation Pokemon would have to be the Ultra Beasts, but most of them don't feel like playable material, with the only real exceptions being Buzzwole and Pheromosa, but they're version exclusive Pokemon.
Honestly, I feel gen 7 has more interesting and notable pokemon to use than gen 6 did. Greninja was chosen before we even knew it existed and the pokemon company didn't really do much of note with it until after Smash. (At least from what I can recall, could be wrong...)

I think I would like to see a Pokemon that isn't another bipedal type character in Smash. I guess Nihilego might be pretty interesting to see as well if they can get it to work. Although if bosses return I can see Guzzlord being used as one as far as Ultra Beasts go.

I think I'll just stick with Mimikyu. Assuming gen 7 will get a character that is and doesn't get overshadowed by gen 8 like gen 3 and 5 did before it or something come Smash for Switch....

Tapu Koko might be interesting too.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
the bond phenomenon (which never existed until after Smash 3DS / Wii U was released) is exclusive to Greninja.
But as you say the Bond Phenomenon only happened well after Greninja was in Smash.
Before that, Greninja didn't exactly have anything "interesting or noteworthy" to it, especially when it was picked for the roster.
X and Y weren't even announced when Sakurai picked Greninja, he just had drawings to go off of.

Having something "interesting or noteworthy" evidently doesn't mean a whole lot. It's down to whether the development team can make a character a fun, "unique" addition to the game.

I think I would like to see a Pokemon that isn't another bipedal type character in Smash. I guess Nihilego might be pretty interesting to see as well if they can get it to work.
Nihilego could be cool if they took a few notes from Shuma-Gorath in MvC3.

So... what are the chances that in a new Smash game (not a port), our FE roster is the same as Smash 4?

:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:
Unlikely. There's a good chance someone from most recent game will be added, and someone could end up being cut.

Who would you like to see?
My choice would be Beast Ganon, but I don't think he's likely.

Midna & Wolf Link would be cool as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom