• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No arguments you would accept.
:061:
So the latter.

....and here I thought someone would surprise me with a valid case......

It's not as simple as that.

Besides, that would mean Camilla and Tharja have higher chances than Robin.

But that's different cause we don't want them, isn't it?
Speak for yourself.
Hot (Not Biological) Sister should totally be in Smash. :troll:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So the latter.

....and here I thought someone would surprise me with a valid case......

Speak for yourself.
Hot (Not Biological) Sister should totally be in Smash. :troll:
I agree Well Endowed Adopted sister for Smash

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't know, Decidueye is likely for me because:

-It is the most popular starter, in the games and in the anime
-It would be very unique. It can use arrows, grass attacks, flying attacks, ghost attacks... a lot of things that are not in the game.
-Its competition has problems:
Incineroar doesn't look unique enough, at least for me, and receives a lot of hate compared to Decidueye.
Bewear, UBs and Tapus would feel very random tbh, some lack uniqueness, some have weird proportions, some lack popularity.
The only one of those who would not feel random IMO is Tapu Koko, but eh, I don't know, it's electric like Pikachu... I don't know.
In Mimikyu's case, why use that ghost when you have Decidueye who is more popular, unique and has better proportions for fighting?

That's what I think about Decidueye.

To be honest all the options are cool IMO, except for the UBs and the Tapus that aren't Tapu Koko, so I don't really care.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll add that admittedly I do think Tapu Koko stands a legitimate shot. Very present in advertising/prerelease, important to the lore of Alola as a whole, looks like a fighter, and has obvious Final Smash material with Guardian of Alola. :p

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Decidueye
Archer Ability - All aerials can be charged.

Example - Down Aerial (Solar Beam): Fires a beam of light formed as an arrow directly downwards. A long-range attack that does decent damage at the cost of almost no knockback. The beam of light causes a ring of splash damage if it collides with the ground.

The charged shot does more damage, is wider, looks more menacing and has minor horizontal knock-back from the beam and the explosion upon the ground

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In Mimikyu's case, why use that ghost when you have Decidueye who is more popular, unique and has better proportions for fighting?
Pretty sure Mimikyu is more popular than Decidueye.

Also, how can Decidueye be the most popular Starter in the anime.....if it hasn't appeared yet?
It's all but confirmed Ash is getting Litten in an upcoming episode, and it's heavily speculated that Incineroar will end up being The Ace of his team this go round.
Rowlet? For all we know, it could pull a Bulbasaur/Piplup and not want to evolve, if Incineroar's concept art is anything to go by.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Decidueye

Down Special (Curse):
The owl takes on a wavering ethereal form. If struck with an attack, Decidueye negates the damage and places a ghostly purple bulls-eye on the target. The bulls-eye fades, leaving a purple glow on the opponent. Projectiles do more damage and shield damage in this state.

The length of the curse is tied to the damage dealt to and negated by the owl.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
While I'm on the Decidueye bandwagon because, well, duh, I'd like to see Incineroar for one very important reason:

Shooting flames out of your crotch as your primary attack sounds absolutely amazing and he'd be second Captain falcon

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Pretty sure Mimikyu is more popular than Decidueye.

Also, how can Decidueye be the most popular Starter in the anime.....if it hasn't appeared yet?
Eh, I'm not really sure if Decidueye is more popular as a Pokemon, but it is definitely more popular as a Smash candidate.
Decidueye is in like 99% of the speculation conversations and wish lists.

Also, here is a spoiler.

Yeah, you know what I tried to say hahaha.

It is just my opinion, Decidueye is the most likely for me for the reasons I said, not because of some bandwagon or because I like him, because I actually don't.

It can be just another Zoroark or Sceptile, or maybe another Greninja.
Nobody knows.

Also, I remembered another "possible" candidate, Lycanroc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh, I'm not really sure if Decidueye is more popular as a Pokemon, but it is definitely more popular as a Smash candidate.
Decidueye is in like 99% of the speculation conversations and wish lists.
As a Smash candidate, yes.
But it will be as much a help to it as it was for Zoroark and Sceptile.

Literally none of the playable Pokémon in Smash (except Mewtwo in Smash 4, but that hardly counts since he was in Smash before) got in because of Smash requests/popularity.

Also, here is a spoiler.

Yeah, you know what I tried to say hahaha.
That Rowlet is the new Chikorita? :troll:

It is just my opinion, Decidueye is the most likely for me for the reasons I said, not because of some bandwagon or because I like him, because I actually don't.

It can be just another Zoroark or Sceptile, or maybe another Greninja.
Nobody knows.
Technically speaking, Decidueye literally can't be another Greninja.
That would imply work on Smash Switch started (including Decidueye) before DLC for Smash 4 was finished/released. :p

Also, I remembered another "possible" candidate, Lycanroc.
Midnight Form, right?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
As a Smash candidate, yes.
But it will be as much a help to it as it was for Zoroark and Sceptile.

Literally none of the playable Pokémon in Smash (except Mewtwo in Smash 4, but that hardly counts since he was in Smash before) got in because of Smash requests/popularity.

That Rowlet is the new Chikorita? :troll:

Technically speaking, Decidueye literally can't be another Greninja.
That would imply work on Smash Switch started (including Decidueye) before DLC for Smash 4 was finished/released. :p

Midnight Form, right?
Wasn't Mewtwo the most wanted Pokemon for Melee?
Well, that doesn't really matter XD, we are talking about the potential newcomers.

Yeah, the Midnight Form, its body type is better for fighting, IMO.
And it was kinda popular, not much now.
Also Ash got Kukui's Rockruff in the anime...

I actually don't even know if the anime counts as a valid point, I only use it because Greninja is in Smash and it was like the second Pikachu during the Kalos season.

I know Greninja was chosen thanks to its design and some drawings or something, but eh, I don't really know if all that Greninja in the anime thing was planned at that moment.

EDIT: Maybe just Rowlet can be an option, that's one that I actually think is as popular as Mimikyu.
Well, I'm going to sleep now, it's 2 AM XD, bye!

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
People, it's not as simple as it being a popularity contest. While being prominent within the generation helps, there are other factors at play here than whether the collective community approves of their inclusion. Remember, unique traits and high moveset potential are among the most important factors for a character's inclusion, and Pokémon characters generally have the latter covered with how huge their movepools are. We know from Sakurai's word that they consider how a character would fight and it goes directly into deciding who to pull the trigger on, not as an afterthought after they're already chosen the way many seem to assume. It's not about who they are or where they're from or even how much the fans think they "deserve" it, it's about what they can do.

That said, I kind of have strong opinions on Pokémon candidates, to where I think getting more than one is very possible if we see enough new content. Here's where I think their chances lie:

Top Tier

I actually think Decidueye is the most likely choice, and even the second most likely newcomer overall after the Inklings, but not for the reasons that are generally assumed. We have no need to "complete the starter triangle", but the fact that we have no characters with plant-based powers right now means a newcomer who specializes in them is inherently unique and interesting. Combine that with a much more intricate use of archery than the four neutral specials we've seen so far and avian traits such as wing sweeps and multiple midair jumps, and you have a legitimately compelling choice even after you cut out the misinformation.

High Tier

Any of y'all who've seen my Challenger Approaching video series knows I think these guys are being super overlooked. Lycanroc in either form has high prominence both in the promotional material leading up to release and ingame thanks to being the signature 'mon of the region's professor, one of the island kahunas, and due to that, two important endgame fights. Being Rock types, they're masters of earth elemental attacks, which are also nearly nonexistent in Smash and would make them highly unique among the rest of the roster (and different from Isaac's take on the element, if he ends up a Ballot pick). And now Ash has a Rockruff in the anime to use as inspiration, and placeholder data was found in the Global Link's code for more Lycanroc forms, suggesting they have further plans for this line. Any Lycanroc form would work, with the most likely being whichever form Ash's Rockruff evolves into...or perhaps you could have one that shifted between forms as a sort of stance system?

Mid Tier

This is where the unconventional-yet-interesting stuff pops up. Silvally's tragic lore and position as the rival Gladion's signature 'mon might be enough to get a look. There're quite a few ways to build a character concept out of the chimera's RKS system, able to change its affinity to any type in the game with the proper equipment. Would another stance system be in the cards here, maybe complete with basic elemental attacks that'd become enhanced depending on the drive currently equipped?

You know how Nintendo/Game Freak/etc. have been on a real trip about Gen 1 nostalgia lately? The regional variants in Alola were one way of combining old and new, and I wouldn't quite put it past all parties involved to try and do something similar for Smash as a way of showcasing both Pokémon's beginning and its modern age--not "representing", mind you; it'd just be one way of making the character in question interesting. I think Alolan Ninetales specifically would get the nod in that scenario because of the Vulpix Lillie owns in the anime--having an animated counterpart isn't crucial for Smash, but it does help. She'd be unconventional yet graceful in her own way, combining fluid movement with a mastery of ice and cold in ways not even the Ice Climbers can match, allowing both to coexist without intruding on each other. Could even use one or more of her tails to carry items!

"Wait", you might be wondering, "All the way down here?" While Mimikyu is a hit among fans, popularity can only carry a character so far. We've seen many fan favorites miss the cut for various reasons, while surprises like the Wii Fit Trainer found a place despite being off everyone's radars. In the end, it's a character's concept that makes their case the most...and Mimikyu's unconventional body shape and lack of limbs other than a single shadowy arm would be very difficult to get to work in Smash's environment. While Sakurai and his team have come up with ideas we'd never have considered, they aren't miracle workers--this is a potential roadblock that limits what Mimikyu can do and we should treat it as such, not wave it off and assume they'd find a way around it and make a full moveset anyway. Remember how many people assumed they'd solve the issues they were having with the Ice Climbers?

I admit, I don't have as clear a picture on this one. Tapu Koko plays an important role in both the games and anime, as the warrior-like guardian spirit of Melemele Island. There's an argument to be made, potentially, but Tapu Koko's lightning-based abilities would need to be handled in a way that felt both true to character and different enough from Pikachu, Robin, and any other users of electric attacks.

Low Tier

Oof. Why do I have a wrestler, such a natural fit for a fighting game, ranked this low? Well...think of how many physically oriented fire users we already have: Mario, Bowser, Charizard, Captain Falcon, Roy...the list goes on for a while. When this style of this element is already so prevalent, I just think it'd be a tall order to justify another physical-based fire user when there are so many other compelling choices who don't have such issues, even despite Incineroar's other, heel-like traits. I think he'll be too low priority compared even to other characters from the same series.

But Incineroar isn't even the worst off of the starters. Being in a platform fighter entails being able to run, jump, and generally get around in a 2D platforming environment with little trouble. When you're a sea lion and don't have actual legs...it presents a problem. That said, I could see Primarina working in Pokkén's environment with its more outlandish movesets.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You are correct.

@GoldenYuiitusin made the mistake that Mewtwo was included in Melee for non popularity reasons, but he was one of the popular characters on the poll. Sakurai cited his movie for his popularity.

D

Deleted member

Well, that doesn't really matter XD, we are talking about the potential newcomers.
Sakurai already planned on including him in Smash before he even had requests.

Yeah, the Midnight Form, its body type is better for fighting, IMO.
And it was kinda popular, not much now.
Also Ash got Kukui's Rockruff in the anime...
Eh, it could work, but I don't see it happening.

I actually don't even know if the anime counts as a valid point, I only use it because Greninja is in Smash and it was like the second Pikachu during the Kalos season.

I know Greninja was chosen thanks to its design and some drawings or something, but eh, I don't really know if all that Greninja in the anime thing was planned at that moment.
Greninja wouldn't really be a good example since Greninja was decided for Smash before either the games or the anime season.

Also, I realized you missed my point earlier.
Rowlet isn't Decidueye. We have no idea if it's even going to EVOLVE..
So to claim Rowlet's popularity in the anime makes Decidueye the most popular Starter in the anime when one has yet to actually appear makes no sense.

EDIT: Maybe just Rowlet can be an option, that's one that I actually think is as popular as Mimikyu.
Well, I'm going to sleep now, it's 2 AM XD, bye!
Perhaps if Rowlet doesn't evolve, yes.

Cannot feasilby perform all required actions that are required of a character.

D

Deleted member

You are correct.

@GoldenYuiitusin made the mistake that Mewtwo was included in Melee for non popularity reasons, but he was one of the popular characters on the poll. Sakurai cited his movie for his popularity.
I made no mistake, Swamp.
Mewtwo had already been planned for Smash due to his starring role in the first film in Smash 64's development.
As in before the poll Sakurai made. Before he was a newcomer in Melee.

EDIT: Not considered, planned.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I made no mistake, Swamp.
Mewtwo had already been planned for Smash due to his starring role in the first film in Smash 64's development.
As in before the poll Sakurai made. Before he was a newcomer in Melee.

EDIT: Not considered, planned.
N- NANI!?!?!?!?!

I've been bested....

:drflip:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Gen VII has no clear mascot?

I thought Mimikyu's rap basically made him the mascot. And it's prominent in the anime (devilishly so). Is that not sufficient?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but can you clarify why those characters can't do them all? I honestly don't see what they can't do that they need to.
He's probably referring to their quadripedal bodies, and saying how they wouldn't be able to grab items or other characters. Ivysaur was able to be playable because of how the entire Bulbasaur line uses Vine Whip for arms.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
He's probably referring to their quadripedal bodies, and saying how they wouldn't be able to grab items or other characters. Ivysaur was able to be playable because of how the entire Bulbasaur line uses Vine Whip for arms.
That sort of makes sense but we have :4duckhunt:, can't they just pick things up with their mouth for items and grabs like Duck Hunt does?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pretty sure popularity was the reason Charizard was the final starter chosen of the three and the reason he was the one to return in Smash 4.

Not to mention the fact that depending on when these new characters are chosen Gen 7 might be in the unique position, unlike Gens 4 and 6, that post-release popularity can be observed prior to choosing the character from the gen.

Dunno if it will effect the roster, dunno when the new characters were chosen, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Also these Gen VII discussions are pretty horrible. Lotta bias at play. The owl may happen, the fake Pikachu may happen, the fire cat may happen, some other **** may happen, or nothing may happen. And that's the truest statement you're going to hear about all of this until we actually get to reveal.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm sorry, but can you clarify why those characters can't do them all? I honestly don't see what they can't do that they need to.
I don't see the problem either, myself. We've seen Duck Hunt use primarily quadrupedal movement, and we've seen Pikachu operate complex items using his mouth. It may be less practical, but there's enough reason to believe a pure quadruped would work fine in Smash's environment if they had what it took to be a compelling addition.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pikachu and Duck Hunt use cartoon physics that more "serious" characters like Lycanroc Midday, Ninetails, and Silvally wouldn't have.
Aside from that, the Duck Hunt Dog is not strictly quadruped. Notice how when it lifts heavy items, swings the Home-Run Bat, or uses either of the Hammers, it stands up to do so.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Smash is a game where each character gets a double jump. If you are a Smash character, you use cartoon physics.

D

Deleted member

Smash is a game where each character gets a double jump. If you are a Smash character, you use cartoon physics.
Because double jumping is the same as stretching and contorting your body like rubber to perform various actions. :rolleyes:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Because double jumping is the same as stretching and contorting your body like rubber to perform various actions. :rolleyes:
If the developers see potential in Lycanroc, he will get into a game with cartoon physics. I am not betting on it, but he can work.

Holding a crate: Lycanroc sweeps the crate up with his tail and pushes it neatly onto his back.
Crate throw: Lycanroc kicks up his back legs, sending the crate catapulting (or should I say dogapaulting; no I shouldn't) forwards

Baseball Bat: Lycanroc holds the item in his mouth.
Baseball Bat: Growls before spinning around in a circle as if chasing his tail, ending in swing with his front paws slightly coming off the ground

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
All I'm getting from this exchange is that ya'll need to play Dark Souls

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Decidueye Moveset

The grass/ghost type owl has the archer ability. This is a mechanic where all his aerial (A) attacks can be charged. All of them are projectiles expect for one.

The pokemon relies on a volley of projectiles and its multiple jumps to land and evade attacks. Place a target on them, soften them up, shackle them down, and smash them away.

Decidueye is not a fast runner, but has a quick walk, good airspeed, and long-range attacks. Knock-outs are made easier when your opponent is chained to the floor.

AERIALS

Archer Ability: All aerials can be charged.

Down Aerial (Solar Beam): Fires a beam of light formed as an arrow directly downwards. A long-range attack that does decent damage at the cost of almost no knockback. However, the beam of light causes a ring of splash damage if it collides with the ground, which does result in sending opponents flying.

The charged shot does more damage and has minor horizontal knock-back from the beam and better horizontal knock-back explosion upon the ground. Used correctly, this is a kill opportunity.

Back Aerial (Astonish): The owl turns his head over a shoulder and retches up lunch in a downward arching spew of bones and skulls. Of course, the longer the attack is charged, the more bones find their way out of Decidueye’s stomach. This unconventional attack hits multiple times and has a slight meteor effect.

Forward Aerial (Razor Leaf): Fires a sharp leaf arrow at a downward diagonal. Decidueye pulls back on his winged bow as the move is charged which results in a stronger shot.

Up Aerial (Spore):
Shoots a seed directly above. The seed goes a short distance before shedding its shell and becoming a harmless white puff. But if the seed makes contact with an enemy there is an explosion of spores, which has high vertical knockback (a reference to Ivysaur’s Up Air and Up Smash from Brawk). This is a kill move.

Neutral Air (Feather Dance): This is Decidueye’s only non-projectile aerial. He holds out his bladed wings to the side and completes a spin. Holding the attack before release results in more spins and the ability to slightly control horizontal movement during the attack.

SMASHES

Down Smash (U-turn): The owl flies in a tight pivoting circle inches above the ground where he was standing. The move is quick and great at pushing enemies back for some breathing room.

Forward Smash (Aeroblast): The pokemon flaps his wings forward in order to generate a slash of air. The wing slap can push an enemy into the projectile. While the attack has lag, the movement of the attack sends the archer backwards.

Up Smash (Acrobatics):
The owl flips upside down and pushes its wings along the floor as a brace. He flaps the flattened wings and launches himself talons first toward the sky as he spins.

SPECIALS

B Special (Leafage): Fires a glowing green orb that spirals. Decidueye can hold B for a charge. The length of the charge results in more spiraling green orbs that fan out. The orbs only amount in minor hit-stun if more than of them connect with a target.

Down Special (Curse): The owl takes on a wavering ethereal form. If struck with an attack, Decidueye negates the damage and places a ghostly purple bulls-eye on the target. The bulls-eye fades, leaving a purple glow on the opponent. Projectiles do more damage and shield damage in this state.

The length of the curse is tied to the damage dealt to and negated by the owl.

Side Special (Spirit Shackle): Fires a purple ghostly arrow. The shot can be charged and angled. Upon contact purple chains lash out of the opponent in a restricted circle.

Depending the opponent’s damage and their curse status and the charge of the arrow, the radius can increase in size and the chains can strengthen.

On a grounded opponent, the arrow’s chains will shackle the enemy to the ground OR if near another enemy the chains will shackle both individuals to each other.

On an aerial opponent if the radius of chains touched the ground, the chains will latch to the ground and snap the enemy to the floor. If the chains contact another enemy, however, both opponents will be shackled together and fall.

Up B (Brave Bird): The owl launches straight up and performs a dive bomb. The attack can be angled as long as the angle is lower than the position of Decidueye.

While this attack can do damage and knockback to the enemy, a technique can be used for greater knockback. If B is pressed, the owl will unfurl its wings and stop, creating a sonic boom sphere around its body. The longer the dive before the cancel, the bigger the sonic boom.

TILTS

A (Peck): A quick peck attack with hit-stun, but poor range.

Tilt A (Rolling Kick): Jumps in the air performing a windmill slice with a wing immediately followed by a talon-tipped roundhouse.

Down Tilt (Cut): While crouching the owl folds his wings across his chest. A press of (A) will have him unfold his sharp wings in a horizontal slice.

Up Tilt (Fury Attack): Falls flat on his back and rapidly kicks upwards. Holding A will continue the kicks.

Running A (Triple Kick): Leaps with talons first, deliver three rapid forward kicks to rack up damage on a foe.

GRABS

Leaps off the ground and grabs with talons.
A: Delivers a hard peck on the skull.

Forward Throw: A ghostly purple bow appears and the enemy is notched into the phantom device. Decidueye pantomimes shooting an arrow resulting in the spectral bow shooting the opponent forward.

Back Throw: Pivots in place with wings flapping and the opponent swinging around by the tightly gripping talons. Swings around twice before chucking the enemy.

Up Throw: Flies around in two loops while clutching the opponent. During the height of the second loop, the owl chucks his enemy upwards.

Down Throw: Pushes the opponent on the ground into a tripped position as the owl does a small hop into the air. The throw ends with Decidueye airborn.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thus forum now has a moderator.

So no shenanigans ;)
:061:
Oh that answered my question from the social lmao.

Anyway, I've said it before, but I'll say it again, give me the Arcade Bunny!

EDIT:

Why the poll, Reggie already said that at some point Smash will come to Switch as will other big franchises.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While there's plenty of characters that I'd want to see in Smash 5 (Snake, K. Rool, Ridley, etc.), I feel like a Zelda character is LONG overdue. The series isn't exactly lacking in characters to work with - Hyrule Warriors demonstrated that pretty clearly.

Even though other series (Donkey Kong and Metroid in particular) could also use some additional playable characters, I find it hard to believe that the developers of Smash haven't been able to come up with any ideas for a new playable Zelda character since 2001. (Toon Link is technically a new Zelda character, but he's the same idea as Young Link - a shorter, faster Link)

I feel like Impa (especially a Hyrule Warriors-inspired version), Midna, or Ghirahim would be interesting to play as, and Lana or Linkle could be fun depending on who owns them (if the HW original characters are owned by Koei-Tecmo, I feel like Kasumi or Ryu Hayabusa would take priority). Who would you like to see?

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the quote, I just get triggered whenever someone misspells my favorite Pokémon's name.
Ninetales is one Pokémon whose name I can't consistently spell right for the life of me. :p

It'd be like if Machamp was named "Forearms" or something. I'd be more inclined to spell it as "Fourarms". :laugh:

If the developers see potential in Lycanroc, he will get into a game with cartoon physics. I am not betting on it, but he can work.

Holding a crate: Lycanroc sweeps the crate up with his tail and pushes it neatly onto his back.
Crate throw: Lycanroc kicks up his back legs, sending the crate catapulting (or should I say dogapaulting; no I shouldn't) forwards

Baseball Bat: Lycanroc holds the item in his mouth.
Baseball Bat: Growls before spinning around in a circle as if chasing his tail, ending in swing with his front paws slightly coming off the ground
Huh.
I can actually see Lycanroc Midday working moreso than the other two animation-wise (though I suppose Ninetales has the tails and mystic power if need be....). Probably because of it being nimble and lithe.
Though for your crate idea, I'm envision it holding it with the tail over its back. Is that what you're trying to convey, or no?

Though how would it use the Hammer? It can't exactly go in a horizontal arc like everyone else aside from Mewtwo (who spins the Hammer around him in a display of telekinetic power).

And what about the shooting items? Even the Duck Hunt Dog stands up and uses its paws to shoot while Pikachu uses two different animations that involve holding the weapons in its hands while firing. I'd have to pop in Brawl to see what Ivysaur does, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't fire the weapons in its mouth either.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
The one I want (and in my opinion have any chance at all) Is Impa, Tingle.
I think Midna, Ghirahim, Lana and Linkle have no chance. And it wouldn't surprise me if people soon started requesting Botw character(s).

But seriously, fixing Zelda & Ganondorf is more important to me than getting new zelda characters.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gen VII has no clear mascot?

I thought Mimikyu's rap basically made him the mascot. And it's prominent in the anime (devilishly so). Is that not sufficient?
It was enough for Jigglypuff to make it into the roster during 64, so why not for Mimikyu?

I really like the Pokemon actually, cutesy but dangerous and somewhat mysterious. I'd like for it to get more shine, even though it's design is somewhat simplistic. It doesn't automatically mean that it's a bad design. Mimikyu would make for an interessting character. I'm all for it to appear. It could even replace Jigglypuff for all I care.

Actually, Lycanroc is another choice I'd pick over anything else.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just want Zelda herself to get a complete revamp. Bottom tier in every game she's in? No thanks,

Maybe make her based on her Breath of the Wild self and have her incorporate the Sheikah Slate into her moveset, alongside more potent light magic.

Just make her viable.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Zelda doesn't need a complete moveset revamp to be viable.

Just make her faster in the air and in the ground
Make her aerials not total garbage making the sweetspots bigger
Make her projectiles also not garbage, increasing the speed (a lot) and hitbox size
Add more grab range

Also, please no blonde Zelda, we need some variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom