• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
It would really depend on if that grass starter is popular and/or have good moveset potential. Like seriously being a grass starter isn't the primary reason for people supporting Decidueye.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It would really depend on if that grass starter is popular and/or have good moveset potential. Like seriously being a grass starter isn't the primary reason for people supporting Decidueye.
Most people aren't saying that.

But I feel its mainly people expecting another Greninja, when I don't think that will happen.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What do you mean by expecting another greninja?
People wanting Decidueye is fine. He's pretty neat.

But saying he's the very likely is just because they found a pattern.

• New Pokemon Generation came out close to a perceived Smash title
  • Generation has no clear mascot like Gen IV with :4lucario:
  • Last time that happened (Smash 4), we got :4greninja:, a very popular starter who eventually became the mascot of the generation
This combined with the idea that Pokemon HAS to have a newcomer lead people to go to Decidueye, before Decidueye was even leaked or released. People latched onto whatever Rowlett's evo would be.

They latched onto a pattern.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What do you mean by expecting another greninja?
People seem to believe that Greninja's inclusion in Smash 4 means the Starters are automatically the most likely candidates.
And it's generally followed up with the idea that because Greninja is the Water Starter and Charizard is the Fire Starter, the most likely candidate is automatically the Grass Starter.

Be it Sceptile (when Hoenn remakes were relevant), Decidueye (now), or the Generation 8 Grass Starter (which people will inevitably jump to if it becomes more likely that Smash will be development when those games are in development).
If it weren't for Lucario already being in Smash and the fact it cannot fuction well in Smash at all, Torterra would be one they'd jump to if we catch wind of possible Sinnoh remakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People seem to believe that Greninja's inclusion in Smash 4 means the Starters are automatically the most likely candidates.
And it's generally followed up with the idea that because Greninja is the Water Starter and Charizard is the Fire Starter, the most likely candidate is automatically the Grass Starter.

Be it Sceptile (when Hoenn remakes were relevant), Decidueye (now), or the Generation 8 Grass Starter (which people will inevitably jump to if it becomes more likely that Smash will be development when those games are in development).
If it weren't for Lucario already being in Smash and the fact it cannot fuction well in Smash at all, Torterra would be one they'd jump to if we catch wind of possible Sinnoh remakes.
You say all that.

But don't tell me Torterra in Smash isn't the best idea ever.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Factually wrong and objectively insulting.
What's that? I can't hear you over me hitting you from the other end of the stage with Alolan Exeggutor's head.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
  • Last time that happened (Smash 4), we got :4greninja:, a very popular starter who eventually became the mascot of the generation
This combined with the idea that Pokemon HAS to have a newcomer lead people to go to Decidueye, before Decidueye was even leaked or released. People latched onto whatever Rowlett's evo would be.
Thanks for the info. I Didn't know people latched onto him for smash while we still only knew rowlett. Also didn't know about the Sceptile (hoenn remake) bandwagon.
While I personally still see him as the most likely pokemon newcomer (Popularity+potential) it's just as much that i find other pokemon newcomers more unlikely. I'm not sure how likely i think a pokemon newcomer is.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

You know we've had patterns and let's just say that someone laughs at your patterns

:4myfriends:

D

Deleted member

There was a time when many of us thought that Chrom would replace Ike, just as Ike "replaced" Roy. We now know how wrong we were about that pattern.

:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There was a time when many of us thought that Chrom would replace Ike, just as Ike "replaced" Roy. We now know how wrong we were about that pattern.

:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:
As much as I would hate the idea of us getting a 7th Fire Emblem rep, Nintendo is probably going to force the director to do it again because "Fire Emblem is soooooo mainstream".

Still better than Brash the Bear. :troll:
Brash is old news. Yomi is where It's at.

#Yomi45mash

D

Deleted member

My current top 5 in who I believe is most likely for Sun/Moon Pokémon:

Mimikyu
Tapu Koko
Bewear
Decidueye/Incineroar (tie)

with Marshadow as an honorable mention that depends on when Smash begins development and when Marshadow is supposed to be revealed/released.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

As much as I would hate the idea of us getting a 7th Fire Emblem rep, Nintendo is probably going to force the director to do it again because "Fire Emblem is soooooo mainstream".
Meanwhile, Zelda would be lucky to even get that many characters, let alone six.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Brash is old news. Yomi is where It's at.

#Yomi45mash
Meh. I wouldn't bet on it happening. The collection of Fire Emblem characters we have are fine for now. I don't see any real reason to add a new Lord or unit other than the same " muh Axe/Lance/Beaststone/ect user" .

Also, that's a funny way of saying "Yumi for Smash" because she might as well be the new SK mascot. :p

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
To be fair, the only other character I think deserves it more is her

1489162470754.jpg

Fixed that for ya friend.

You're pretty bad at spelling.
Agreed. Squirtle left us too soon

Mimikyu
Tapu Koko
Bewear

with Marshadow as an honorable mention that depends on when Smash begins development and when Marshadow is supposed to be revealed/released.
Forgetting the best Gen 7 Pokemon?
1480347655564.jpg

Tell me another Pokemon who has a rap song?

Or is the only Pikaclone who stood out and himself known?

D

Deleted member

Also, that's a funny way of saying "Yumi for Smash" because she might as well be the new SK mascot. :p
How can Shovel Knight not be the mascot for Shovel Knight? :troll:

Forgetting the best Gen 7 Pokemon?
View attachment 126969
Tell me another Pokemon who has a rap song?

Or is the only Pikaclone who stood out and himself known?
.....um......

Mimikyu
Tapu Koko
Bewear

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meh. I wouldn't bet on it happening. The collection of Fire Emblem characters we have are fine for now. I don't see any real reason to add a new Lord or unit other than the same " muh Axe/Lance/Beaststone/ect user" .

To be fair, the only other character I think deserves it more is her

View attachment 126968

Imagine if she got in just because of her popularity in the Fire Emblem Ballot.

But that doesn't make sense because it's not the Smash Ballot and she's old news.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Imagine if she got in just because of her popularity in the Fire Emblem Ballot.

But that doesn't make sense because it's not the Smash Ballot and she's old news.
Old news is irrelevant.

And the Smash Ballot only mattered for about a few characters

When Lyn topped every single Smash rep and she's an AT, you better believe she's getting a promotion

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
"Chrom will replace Ike because Ike replaced Roy" and "Zoroark will replace Lucario because Lucario replaced Mewtwo" Have always been stupid.

While I feel Mimikyu has popularity I don't see clear moveset potential, and therefore more likely as Pokeball than playable. Still probably see him as third most likely Behind Decidueye and Incineroar (consider completing starter trio types enough of a tie-breaker to put Decidueye just slightly ahead of Incineroar)
Also there's a reason my post specified pokemon newcomer, since I find it plausible for:squirtle:&:ivysaur:to return.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Old news is irrelevant.

And the Smash Ballot only mattered for about a few characters

When Lyn topped every single Smash rep and she's an AT, you better believe she's getting a promotion
A prrrrrrrromotion would be the best thing to happen.

If it's to make a certain pairing a reality (Palutena x Lyn). :troll:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know what if they just put in all 3 Alola starters as fighters not like Pokemon Trainer but as separate characters each.

Because all 3 have insane moves at potential

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
A prrrrrrrromotion would be the best thing to happen.

If it's to make a certain pairing a reality (Palutena x Lyn). :troll:
And I thought Lucina x Palutena was forced and made little sense. But Sakurai ships it after all.

Any 6th Gen Pokemon would be fine in my eyes. Even the one with the Big Meaty Claws.
And no, it's not Mr. Krabs.

To throw my 2 cents into the mix, I want Inciniroar a lot, followed by Mimikyu, but think Decidueye is the only one with a reasonable chance

:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To throw my 2 cents into the mix, I want Inciniroar a lot, followed by Mimikyu, but think Decidueye is the only one with a reasonable chance

:061:
Any legitimate reason as to why or is it just the same old tired bandwagon arguments?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's not as simple as that.

Besides, that would mean Camilla and Tharja have higher chances than Robin.

But that's different cause we don't want them, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom