• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
It saddens me how Sakurai seems to be against adding Kirby characters because he created the series. There are lots of characters I'd want in that seem unlikely because of this
I honestly find it really weird that's the case. You'd think it would be the other way around

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wasn't one of the effects like limbs or head falling off? That'd be hilarious. Like, what would even happen to Kirby?
His eyes and feet would fly off.

I'd say 5%.

Newcomers were generally only revealed for SSB4 and up at E3 and Nintendo Directs. I 'd added a bit higher score since there was the oddballs like Pac-Man and Robin & Lucina.
Yeah, best to wait and see if anything happens in August. A direct will be shown then, right?

I still feel like this might be the Smash game where we won't believe the complete roster because it's too good to be true. Every revealed detail has been ''What the fans want."

Inkling, Ridley, Daisy, almost all the stages returning so far, every prior character. Why would Sakurai stop the trend?
This is what I'm banking on. It might set my expectations higher than they need to be, but this is what we need right now.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Honestly, right now, my biggest fear is the 71 character roster(which means 7 left to reveal) comes true.

Mostly because of 2 reasons:

DLC is going to make it look VERY messy when added.

If it really is 6 rows of 12, which I assume the reason for would be to keep the original 12 together, that would instantly kill characters like Dark Samus or Funky as people included as echoes, since they'd be wanting to keep the OG12 together.

I just hope they go OVER 7 more so the roster isn't perfectly symmetrical. That way DLC can be added without butchering the symmetry.
Where did you hear the roster would be 71?

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
How unlikely do you think it is? Like 0.01 percent or 1 percent or something?
We've never had Smash content revealed at a tournament nor any non-E3 event before, and I'm extremely doubtful it will be any different this time. Maaaaaaaaaaayyyyybbbbbeeeeee at EVO I could see it possibly happening, but I wouldn't bet on it and would bet against it anywhere else.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We've never had Smash content revealed at a tournament nor any non-E3 event before, and I'm extremely doubtful it will be any different this time. Maaaaaaaaaaayyyyybbbbbeeeeee at EVO I could see it possibly happening, but I wouldn't bet on it and would bet against it anywhere else.
I am aware of that. Especially the "not revealed at a tournament before" part. I don't think it would be different as well this time. You also seemed to forgot about Directs in terms of reveals.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I mean, he has a point.

Besides Final Smashes, we haven't had a single stage in Kirby past Superstar. It's literally just been Adventure, Dreamland, and Superstar.
The Great Cave Offensive was originally an Epic Yarn stage, but got changed to the GCO when Sakurai learned of Wooly World and didn't want two stages with the yarn aesthetic.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's just a theory since a lot of people are banking on a 6 rows of 12 to keep the OG12 together.

If that were the case, we'd have 7 reveals left.
HA. I can certainly hope, but I'm extremely skeptical that we'll get 7 whole newcomers, more than the actual months before release, before launch.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The DLC is probably why the CSS will go by the order of the character's Smash appearance/number rather than series. Because of how unorganized it was in Wii U.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I am aware of that. Especially the "not revealed at a tournament before" part. I don't think it would be different as well this time. You also seemed to forgot about Directs in terms of reveals.
Forgetting about what with directs? I'm talking about stuff being revealed at tournaments and other events like Comic Con.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
It's just a theory since a lot of people are banking on a 6 rows of 12 to keep the OG12 together.

That’s interesting. If it’s anything like the way they showed it in the trailer, the OG12 will be as they were on the Smash 64 roster, and characters will appear around them as you unlock them.

Personally, I think we’ll have 10 - 12 newcomers, so it’s not hard to believe that theory I suppose.

We’ll see, I suppose.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Forgetting about what with directs? I'm talking about stuff being revealed at tournaments and other events like Comic Con.
You said "We've never had Smash content revealed at a tournament nor any non-E3 event before," I assume you also meant non-Direct events as well?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, he has a point.

Besides Final Smashes, we haven't had a single stage in Kirby past Superstar. It's literally just been Adventure, Dreamland, and Superstar.
Given his stance on sequels, Sakurai most likely thinks that his time on Kirby really ended with Air Ride, so he's not interested in later entries done by other people. So of course he'd simply focus on his magnum opuses and debut for the series.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd hope so. They'd have to put up with OCD outrage if not.
Here's where the whole lining up by number of appearance makes totally no sense, okay? When Sakurai said you'd start with the original Smash 64 roster, he either means we'll start with the original 8 or the original 12. But, if it's the original 12, the CSS is going to end up looking like this with the new order.

Untitled.png

Is this the future you want?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah even the name ''Ultimate" implies something when it comes to newcomers I believe.
30 newcomers! 40 DLC newcomers! The TRUE ultimate roster!

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
You said "We've never had Smash content revealed at a tournament nor any non-E3 event before," I assume you also meant non-Direct events as well?
I'm not sure what you're getting at, I was talking about tournaments and all events besides E3, don't know where Directs come into this, as E3 is the only event with a Direct tied into it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
While I was sifting through 4chan to compile my count I found this. Apparently the Smash Ultimate Demo is being datamined.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm not sure what you're getting at, I was talking about tournaments and all events besides E3, don't know where Directs come into this, as E3 is the only event with a Direct tied into it.
Ugh, never mind. Forget I said anything about that, okay?

But yeah, I can't see a character reveal happen in a tournament, let alone one like CEO. Besides, when were characters ever revealed on a Sunday? (July 1st is a Sunday)

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So I did it. I decided to go from the official reveal of the game on the 13th forwards as any leaks before that (minus Vergeben) can contain characters already deconfirmed (Takamaru, etc). I also didn't count any "this character will be in Smash, say hello" or similar threads. My criteria were that the post must either

• Show a complete roster and try to pass it off as fact
OR
The fact that you didn't finish this post elevates it to a level of humor I didn't know existed.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

And if that's the case, then none of the original 12 will have echo fighters, which disconfirms Dark Samus, among other characters.

Shroob

Sup?
And if that's the case, then none of the original 12 will have echo fighters, which disconfirms Dark Samus, among other characters.
Which is why I hope I'm wrong.

But at the same time, Sakurai said to not expect too many more characters, and we just got 3.

I really can't see 10-12 more newcomers, including echoes.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I know we can change our votes, but I feel like we should redo the "how many newcomers are you expecting" poll we have up now, considering the information we have on Ultimate has thrown a wrench into quite a few predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom