• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

New options concerning the stage music I wish for:
- You can change the music during battle anytime via the pause menu
- The My Music playlists aren't limited anymore and you can make your own playlists up to 12 tracks for any stage

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's so many iterations of Bowser's Castle, which one should be used? The one I'm thinking of the most is the MK64 track of it

Can this song be one of the the themes, please?
Also, the SMRPG Peach's castle theme should be represented in Peach's Castle 64.
Sorry, but this is the true Bowser's Castle theme:

D

Deleted member

All of those great Bowser themes...
and yet, no one mentions this one.
I'm very disappointed at y'all.

KMDP

Smash Legend
oh my g od why is this so good
Keep in mind, this is a song for what is essentially a Monopoly game! (a sentiment that is the top comment of the video. XD)
There's also a Peach's Castle (SMRPG) remix.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Into the Final is technically a Bowser theme:

Suggestion: Bowser's Castle should only be Bowser songs. :upsidedown:

KMDP

Smash Legend
This should be a song in... say... Poké Floats or something.
I've heard the damn thing enough. :laugh:

Pretty much the "Meowth" theme.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why in the ever living hell has this song never been adapted into Smash?!!! I could totally see this being played in a Bowser stage!!!
With Sakurai noting that Bowser's new Final Smash specifically resembles his boss fight from Yoshi's Island, I can totally see this theme getting in.

DemonRin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonRin
3DS FC
0173-1428-8528
Switch FC
SW-1795-2519-1884
If we're talking Stage music, I think it's criminal we haven't gotten any Mario RPG tracks yet, especially (But not limited to) this one:

I suspect rights issues with Square were the culprit, but with Cloud in the game and the Geno costume we just got, maybe it's finally possible?!

.... as well as including Geno himself?....

D

Deleted member

If we're talking Stage music, I think it's criminal we haven't gotten any Mario RPG tracks yet, especially (But not limited to) this one:

I suspect rights issues with Square were the culprit, but with Cloud in the game and the Geno costume we just got, maybe it's finally possible?!

Y'know, I'd be willing to accept Geno getting into Smash purely because of this theme.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Having never played SMRPG (don't kill me), this makes me think more of Nico Nico Douga (don't kill me, please) :laugh:.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, here's a draft:

BOWSER'S CASTLE
A Composite of all of the iterations of Bowser's Castle throughout the Mario series. It'd probably have the staple background of one similar to the original Super Mario Bros. or New Super Mario Bros. games.
Bowser's Castle has various hazards and objects throughout the years. A bridge (pictured above) would likely be included for the stake of the staple Bowser fights in classic Mario series. An idea would to have it be a main platform, likely at the bottom center and protected by a moat of lava. An axe, if struck enough times, would fall and destroy the bridge, leaving the area open to damage players with lava. It would obviously recover after a short period of time.

Surrounding platforms would vary in content: Thwomps, Pirahna Plants, Dry Bones, and platforms that slide in and out of walls. If it were to be big enough to support 8 players, the platform count would obviously increase with the addition of a pipe on each platform (either upright, underneath a platform, or on a wall), a callback to the intense maze of the first SMB's 8-4. The pipe would lead to another random pipe, which can either make for a quick escape to recover from opponent range.

(Probably Remixed)

Hope you liked my little mini project. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
By Agent 8, I mean the Octoling from Octo Expansion. Though the Agent 3 getup looks like it might just be my go-to.

It still pains me that Splatoon 2 stuff is probably too new to get into Smash Ultimate.
Never lose hope. Remember, Kirby Triple Deluxe came out the same year as Smash Wii U, and we still managed to get at least one song from that game. Spla2n came out nearly a year ago, and since we've got Ultimate this holiday season, I think we're good on a fair share of content from the sequel.

Last edited:

RiotLupine

Smash Cadet
By Agent 8, I mean the Octoling from Octo Expansion. Though the Agent 3 getup looks like it might just be my go-to.
I think with ”Agent 8” (s)he meant Octoling. One of the few choices that would actually work as an Echo imo.

Anyway, those Inkling alts are so dope, nonetheless.
Oh.

Sorry bout that, been a while since I played Splatoon. I still haven't even played the expansion yet XD

DemonRin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonRin
3DS FC
0173-1428-8528
Switch FC
SW-1795-2519-1884
Yoshi's Wooly World came out AFTER Sm4sh and we got a Wooly World Stage.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
True, but that's because it was originally designed to be a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage. It was a little easier to rework it...
That was The Great Cave Offensive. It was reworked from an Epic Yarn stage to a Super Star/Fun PAK stage after Woolly World was added.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Speaking of music, itd be CRIMINAL if we didn't get anything Miitopia related
And theres so much more, the music is amazing and its timing couldn't be better. I'd be utterly shocked if we didn't get any Miitopia content whatsoever.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I do think July will mostly be a rehash of information. That will be very unfortunate for a lot of us.

However, there's one thing y'all are forgetting.

The stage section on the website still hasn't opened yet and I fully expect that to come this month. They've certainly made no effort to hide most stages thus far so I fully expect that every stage that is returning will be listed when that section of the website opens. I just need confirmation of Fountain of Dreams, Delfino Plaza, Pirae Ship, Rainbow Road, Paper Mario, and Gamer and I'll be a happy camper. Also new Tetris stage plz.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking Agent 8 styled Octoings could added right at this very minute as I think the game is in the "core works, now get everything looking nice" stage of development.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I find it strange that with all the demos, almost the full cast of the previous games' Zelda cast is playable. For this new Japan-only tournament, they'll have Link, Sheik, Zelda and Ganondorf.

So...

New Zelda character, WHEN!?

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I find it strange that with all the demos, almost the full cast of the previous games' Zelda cast is playable. For this new Japan-only tournament, they'll have Link, Sheik, Zelda and Ganondorf.

So...

My thoughts exactly. The writing is on the wall and I don’t feel like a cloned impa and young link are enough. I think we’re getting a full new Zelda character

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

So...

Well we gotta keep an eye out for the next Nintendo Direct. And then try not to complain up a storm if/when there's nothing Smash related there.

I have a feeling that there's 3 brand new fighters left and they'll be revealed alongside an echo fighter each. That's a reveal every couple of months.

Something like
August (General Direct)
October (Direct detailing other game modes)
November (pre-release build-up)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My thoughts exactly. The writing is on the wall and I don’t feel like a cloned impa and young link are enough. I think we’re getting a full new Zelda character
Impa and Skull Kid are my guesses / hopes. At the very least, am confident about Impa. She might be a Echo, a semi-clone, or fully unique. But in one way or another, I expect to see her as a playable character.

Also wouldn't object to Urbosa, or Daruk. But I still think those are far less likely.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well we gotta keep an eye out for the next Nintendo Direct. And then try not to complain up a storm if/when there's nothing Smash related there.

I have a feeling that there's 3 brand new fighters left and they'll be revealed alongside an echo fighter each. That's a reveal every couple of months.

Something like
August (General Direct)
October (Direct detailing other game modes)
November (pre-release build-up)
What if Sakurai reveals 1 Newcomer in the August Direct, 2 Newcomers in the October Direct, then 3 in the November Direct? (Then has 4 Secret Newcomers in the Final Game, hey, a man can dream!) EDIT: By "Newcomer" in this context I mean "Brand New Fighter".

It'd be really funny if, were there unrevealed Newcomers, they were all the biggest Smashboards Wants (i.e. K. Rool, Isaac, etc), that seems like a Sakurai thing to do.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Skull Kid is probably the newcomer for sure. He's the biggest fan want over time.

Though I'd take pretty much any Zelda newcomer, because I love them all and think they're all golden.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Please Skull Kid! It's now or never!!!!

I can't believe he's actually getting viewed as one of the most likely Zelda newcomers!

A Halloween reveal would be perfect I think. Also Young Link vs Skull Kid on Great Bay

KMDP

Smash Legend
Please Skull Kid! It's now or never!!!!

I can't believe he's actually getting viewed as one of the most likely Zelda newcomers!

A Halloween reveal would be perfect I think. Also Young Link vs Skull Kid on Great Bay
Skull Kid, Ashley and Simon Belmont reveals on Halloween. Calling it now.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's three very talked about potential newcomers in Simon, Ashley, and Skull Kid that all make sense for Halloween.

It's doubtful they'd get revealed at the same time. Make for one hell of a trailer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom