• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Give Melee flack for the models, but those themes and songs were bangers. Especially the victory themes, I prefer some of them over the ones we have now. I'm a man who loves his trumpets, especially that Metroid one.
There's a solid case to be made that, prioritizing quality over quantity, Melee has made the best contributions to the soundtrack of the series.
I mean, Fountain of Dreams is so good Sakurai replaced Dedede's theme with it in Nightmare in Dreamland and that ended up being the best track in the game with the best soundtrack of a series full of strong soundtracks.
Edit: Though I readily admit that I could be biased in that regard.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Once we figured out when the project plan happened the Rex and Pyra support dwindled...For the base game at least. I'm almost certain they'll be DLC.
How sad would it be though if Sakurai turns Rex down as a DLC, because when Smash Ultimate releases his game will be 1 year old, and he won't be new enough to warrant an inclusion lol.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Ikr this drought of information is killing me. I've just been looking over old gameplay videos endlessly for the last week and a half.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's especially hard for someone like me who's autistic.
I can relate my chromosome brethren.
For now I'm just chilling, doing work shifts, and then my free time is just MMOs or Odyssey. :chuckle: I was there from the beginning to the end of waiting for Smash 4, nine months is nothing compared to the last time.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's especially hard for someone like me who's autistic. Whenever a new Smash game comes out, it's all I can really focus on, but with old info for a month, it makes me bored. :drflip:
That all applies to me, especially when all the games I was looking forward to the most (Yoshi, Metroid Prime 4) have been put on the back burner

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
How sad would it be though if Sakurai turns Rex down as a DLC, because when Smash Ultimate releases his game will be 1 year old, and he won't be new enough to warrant an inclusion lol.
I don't think being new matters. Just look at all the Smash 4 DLC. Corrin was the most new out of everyone. Sakurai loved XC2, I have a hard time believing he wouldn't add someone from it. Rex and Pyra as a pair makes all the sense in the world, especially if he plays around with the affinity mechanic.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Bowser, Mewtwo, and King DeDeDe were all playable during Smash 64s development but ended up getting cut. I wish we could have saw what their models looked like.
They probably looked like these.

1529726612472.png

1529727172767.png

Sorry. Wrong Pokémon.
1529726828447.png

1529726907503.png

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I like the idea of Labo addition to Smash because how can you get more polar opposite from Game & Watch? Not just 3D model but actual object in the third dimension. Would be the ultimate Smash rivalry.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fountain of Dreams better return
I'd be more worried about other stages rather than Fountain of Dreams.
We have TWO Mute Cities, one from Melee and one from 3DS. And this isn't a scenario where it's just using the more updated version, because both of them are drastically different. I wonder what Sakurai is gonna do. Maybe he'll remove Melee City because it's too similar to Aero Drive? :dizzy:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't think being new matters. Just look at all the Smash 4 DLC. Corrin was the most new out of everyone. Sakurai loved XC2, I have a hard time believing he wouldn't add someone from it. Rex and Pyra as a pair makes all the sense in the world, especially if he plays around with the affinity mechanic.
Corrin was the only character from a new game that was added as DLC, but at the same time the rest of the DLC were returning veterans and guest characters.

We really don't know what direction Sakurai will take when adding Nintendo newcomers as DLC, we only have one instance of him doing this in the past, but obviously saying they will follow the same criteria as Corrin would be jumping the gun.

In any case I do think Rex has a really good shot at being DLC.

Slavic

We have TWO Mute Cities, one from Melee and one from 3DS. And this isn't a scenario where it's just using the more updated version, because both of them are drastically different. I wonder what Sakurai is gonna do. Maybe he'll remove Melee City because it's too similar to Aero Drive? :dizzy:
While I love Melee City, I'd be okay with this since we get HD Big Blue. I'll take that victory over many others.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe he’ll be crazy enough to bring back both Mute Cities alongside every single stage from past Smash games

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I hope not. What else is there to look towards until Super Mario Party?
I can just go back to my hoping for Trails of Cold Steel 3 getting localized in the next year...

(And Octopath coming out of course).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I like the idea of Labo addition to Smash because how can you get more polar opposite from Game & Watch? Not just 3D model but actual object in the third dimension. Would be the ultimate Smash rivalry.
R.O.B.?

EDIT: Guys, be careful, nobody said every single stage will return.

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I would have always loved if Sakurai created a character that specifically originated from the Smash Bros. Universe that was playable. Brawl was the perfect candidate considering it had Subspace.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I would have always loved if Sakurai created a character that specifically originated from the Smash Bros. Universe that was playable. Brawl was the perfect candidate considering it had Subspace.
There is a fighter that uses the Smash Logo for their display...

:ultmiifighters:

End me...

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
We have multiple Yoshi's Islands confirmed for the game and both Mario Circuits, so I don't think the Mute Cities are mutually exclusive.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just thought of something: what if they brought all the Multi-Men back?

Polygon, Wireframe, whatever the **** Brawl had, and Miis. :drflip:

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly don't think there's going to be a July drought.
I really hope so, I really do.

If the "Seven more" theory is true, a character a month, and a month with a character+Echo would be perfect.

Though, I wonder if that would mean the Echo would have to be from the same series as the newcomer, ala Robin and Lucina?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
R.O.B. is a genocidal maniac who wiped out his own species. He doesn't deserve any acknowledgement that isn't cold blooded killer.
R.O.B. sacrificed all of his friends for the well being of the world, you heartless man. He suffers everyday because of this, show him some respect.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just thought of something: what if they brought all the Multi-Men back?

Polygon, Wireframe, whatever the **** Brawl had, and Miis. :drflip:
They had Alloys. And boy, were they, uh... kind of eh in design. I felt like the other teams had more of a fun design to them. It might be that the Polygons and Wire Frames were very clarified designs. It was clear and crisp what they were. Mii Fighters looked like normal fighters. Alloys look like basically a Polygon with an eye, and that was it.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
It's especially hard for someone like me who's autistic. Whenever a new Smash game comes out, it's all I can really focus on, but with old info for a month, it makes me bored. :drflip:
I have that exact same problem

I honestly don't think there's going to be a July drought.
I don't think so either, I'm thinking, if there are indeed 7 upcoming fighters, there will be at least one a month, with 2 as secret fighters

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think I'm having a problem with noting out the really really small stuff almost nobody pays attention to.
Like the online gambling. I really want that to be improved, I'm a sucker for something to bide my time when I'm overflowing with useless Smash coins.

So what you're saying is... R.O.B and Ridley will attempt to destroy us all.
One gets buffed, one gets nerfed. Let the deathmatch begin. :substitute:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I should point out that Smash 3DS had two drastically different stages called "Dream Land" (one based on Dream Land 1 on Game Boy, the other one being ported from Smash 64.)

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't take Mewtwo, either.

Dude looks like he just woke up and is seriously sick of your shenanigans.
Still looks better than the distorted monstrosity that is Melee's Mewtwo. How did his head get so big in that game?

Thank goodness his appearances in Sm4sh & SSBU actually have correct proportions lol!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He can always just say "Mute City 3DS" and "Mute City Melee". It works fine.

Though like with how Sector Z stayed gone, he can simply let some stages that don't have similar replacements stay gone?

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Are the Yoshi's Island stages gonna be Yoshi's Island 64, Yoshi's Island Melee and Yoshi's Island Brawl?

Seriously, 3 ****ing stages named the same way. This is Yoshi's legacy in Smash

Last edited:

Slavic

Still looks better than the distorted monstrosity that is Melee's Mewtwo. How did his head get so big in that game?

Thank goodness his appearances in Sm4sh & SSBU actually have correct proportions lol!
To be fair, Mewtwo's head used to be absolutely massive

Here

It's kind of a shame cause it's such an intense look, but also I can absolutely understand why they would change his proportions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom