• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm just trying to imagine how Steve would even look in Smash next to everyone. How do you preserve his artstyle but also make him blend in well like Game & Watch and Toon Link do for example.

Shroob

Sup?
Back to the topic of the 3 "Characters of the day" per week, and them running out by November 9th.

If that's the case, and they go through November, with nothing new to show in December, that'll mean we have effectively another 9 newcomers yet to be shown, if, and this is a big if, they don't show any in December and instead focus on like, celebratory pics.

That'd mean, including echo fighters, we'd get 12 newcomers, which, to me, is a respectable number, especially considering the current roster.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The problem with Minecraft isn't the game itself, it's the fanbase, like a LOT of games as of late; it's fanbase is just unbearable.

While I may not be the biggest fan of the idea of Steve(?) in Smash, I welcome all characters, even in a begrudging way.
Hell, franchises in Smash already have infamously **** fanbases, including Metroid, Fire Emblem, Sonic, Final Fantasy, Zelda, etc.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly, if Sega wants another "green first" stage for Sonic, just make it Angel Island. It's a lot more visually distinct and you can even have a stage transition for Act 2.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Honestly, if Sega wants another "green first" stage for Sonic, just make it Angel Island. It's a lot more visually distinct and you can even have a stage transition for Act 2.
Or we could go with Emerald Coast from SA1. WHALE HAZARD.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Besides Minecraft

Oh no... If he gets no one will survive
Toreador, en garde! Toreador, Toreador!
Et songe bien, oui, songe en combattant
Qu'un oeil noir te regarde,
Et que l'amour t'attend,
Toreador, L'amour t'attend!
Et songe bien, oui, songe en combattant
Qu'un oeil noir te regarde,
Et que l'amour t'attend,
Toreador, L'amour t'attend!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The year is 20xx and everyone plays Little Mac or Steve on For Glory, wifi quality determines the victor.
That depends, do their parents wanna pay 20 bucks a year for Nintendo Internet?

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Delet this message. For the sake of us all.
Never!! O.o

Is Angry Birds still popular? Maybe I'm just not in the right circles but other than the movie a few years ago I can't remember it being anywhere, not even as biscuits for kids anymore
Yea, it hasn’t really been huge since for years. I guess it’s more a classic then a current series

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Never!! O.o

Yea, it hasn’t really been huge since for years. I guess it’s more a classic then a current series
If by "classic" you mean "dead under the ever-inflated mobile market" then you'd be correct.

Besides, if we were to get a mobile rep it would obviously be Flappy Bird.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
View attachment 149501

Probably nothing, but there's a nice big open space here between Doc and Sonic, I wonder if they'll put someone here eventually.
Noticed that a couple of days ago and though about mentioning it but I don't think open spaces are much of anything to look into since the spot where Ridley went originally had Duck Hunt there but they moved them down to make space for Ridley.

Though if that is where someone's going it coooooouuuuuuuld be Shadow.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
Yo what if Sakurai makes himself a playable fighter. That would be the most insane, hilarious, and amazing thing to ever happen in Smash history.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Noticed that a couple of days ago and though about mentioning it but I don't think open spaces are much of anything to look into since the spot where Ridley went originally had Duck Hunt there but they moved them down to make space for Ridley.

Though if that is where someone's going it coooooouuuuuuuld be Shadow.
Sakurai was saying not to expect too many newcomers, so I'm thinking we may have 8 original newcomers like in Melee, two semi-clones (Dixie Kong and Shadow) and then about 4 Echo Fighters.

So about the amount of newcomers, original and clones, that were in Melee.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Other then Steve from Minecraft, Mickey Mouse would fit really well in Super Smash Bros even though he isn’t a game character but has a rich history that lead to developments that create games today. Itwould be pretty amazing to have the Iconic mouse face Mario, Sonic, Pacman and etc.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sakurai was saying not to expect too many newcomers, so I'm thinking we may have 8 original newcomers like in Melee, two semi-clones (Dixie Kong and Shadow) and then about 4 Echo Fighters.

I like this idea.

Modern Tails can't fight, he just cries out for Sonic.
SONIC! HELP ME!

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

KMDP

Smash Legend
Other then Steve from Minecraft, Mickey Mouse would fit really well in Super Smash Bros even though he isn’t a game character but has a rich history that lead to developments that create games today. Itwould be pretty amazing to have the Iconic mouse face Mario, Sonic, Pacman and etc.
I can imagine Mickey playing as "King Mickey" from Kingdom Hearts, with the ability to throw marbles like in Mickey Mania (I liked Mickey Mania. XD)
I'm still wondering if Knuckles still does while he's also an AT...

Are Ken Penders Echidna OCs coming back in full force? Or is Alfonzo gonna take his place.
Alfonzo can take everyone's place.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

That's not too far-fetched. I have a similar idea on that too. Who do you see getting in, though? I have a few ideas concerning the list, if we're going by fan demand and recent releases.

Originals: K. Rool, Isaac, Wonder Red, Elma, a Gen IV Pokemon, Simon Belmont, Geno, & a Ubisoft Rep
Semi-clones: Dixie and Tails
Echoes: Funky Kong, Dark Samus, Chrom, & Agent 8 (PLEASE)

I tried to make the list as realistically as I could, but there's never telling who's in or out, so we'll just have to see what the folks at SORA have in store.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Speaking of the Knuckles Assist Trophy. If he doesn't say "oh no" when he gets hit, I'll be disappointed.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tails was already spotted in the Green Hill Zone stage.
Strangely enough, Knuckles is there too, despite being an Assist Trophy.
Toon Link was also on the Spirit Train stage as well. And still playable.

If anything, he'd just be removed if Tails was currently played as on the field.

Albeit, I would prefer Shadow, but this doesn't mean anything for Tails at this time due to the fact that playable characters can be background cameos too. Stage Hazards, on the other hand, have so far been not playable, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom