• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sandbag is the only form Tabuu can hold out of Subspace.

When he ventured into this new dimension, he was savagely beaten by the champions of realms.

He vowed to take vengeance.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How do you go from giant lizard to hedgehog?
Why do you need a giant lizard or a hedgehog to cure space cancer?
Why do you need to make a contract with essentially Satan himself just to develop it?
The **** was Robotnik smoking?

Last edited:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I hope there's about 10 more stages left. Having so many old ones return is great but I'd love to see a Tropical Freeze or Rainbow Curse stage. Heck, for as much as I don't care for the game, a Prism Island stage would have a really cool look to it.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
But that's just an ugly prototype.
I would love it if the Biolizard made it into Smash as a stage hazard or something, celebrate Sonic's environments besides Green Hill Zone.

(Smash aside how in the world did they go from a giant lizard with cybernetic enhancements to an edgy hedgehog when they were designing the ultimate lifeform. HOW.) EDIT: SHSL Jedi great minds think alike.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I hope there's about 10 more stages left. Having so many old ones return is great but I'd love to see a Tropical Freeze or Rainbow Curse stage. Heck, for as much as I don't care for the game, a Prism Island stage would have a really cool look to it.
A Tropical Freeze stage would be sick! If there is one place I would want them to base the stage off of, it would be Juicy Jungle.
12915691754_def072ee76_o.jpg

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I would love it if the Biolizard made it into Smash as a stage hazard or something, celebrate Sonic's environments besides Green Hill Zone.

(Smash aside how in the world did they go from a giant lizard with cybernetic enhancements to an edgy hedgehog when they were designing the ultimate lifeform. HOW.) EDIT: SHSL Jedi great minds think alike.
SCIENCE! Is how.

Why do you need a giant lizard or a hedgehog to cure space cancer?
Why do you need to make a contract with essentially Satan himself just to develop it?
The **** was Robotnik smoking?
Black Doom was his dealer, obviously.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Y'know, I've never reall thought about another Sonic stage.

Personally, I'd want either Asteroid Coaster or Terminal Velocity.
Or maybe Chaos Angel, or one of the unique Sonic Mania zones.

Sonic actually has lots of unexplored potential, as far as stages go anyway. I doubt we'll get another Sonic stage though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm campagining for Jill Valentine, the master of unlocking, who was almost a Jill sandwich to be our surprise DLC pick.

Screw Leon ''I'm far too pretty to Smash." Kennedy and Chris ''I have emotional issues and punch boulders" Redfield.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Let Sakurai use his magic

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sakurai: Hey, Sega. Can I use Radical Highway as a stage for Shadow in this game I'm making?
Sega Exec: You mean Chemical Plant, right?
Sakurai: No, sorry, I must have misspoke, I said Radical Highway.
Sega Exec: Hmm, really think you mean Chemical Plant.
Sakurai: No, no, no. Radical Highway! It was Shadow's first stage in the first game he appeared in.
Sega Exec: Hmm... I'm hearing you talk, but you kind of mumble in the middle there. Just use Chemical Plant.
Sakurai: *sigh*

This continues for several hours.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Sonic actually has lots of unexplored potential, as far as stages go anyway. I doubt we'll get another Sonic stage though.
I'd like Sky Sanctuary, Hidden Palace, Chemical Plant, ARK, Dragon Road or many other stages but sadly you're right I think it's just Green Hill and Windy Valley.

MainJPW

M.T.A

I want a Mania stage (Studiopolis) so badly, but they'd probably go for a Forces stage...blah.
but sadly you're right I think it's just Green Hill and Windy Valley.
You mean Windy Hill, Windy Valley is way better.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I think they did Lost World to promote it because it was his newest game and whatnot.
But honestly, if my boy Eggman gets his rightful spot, there can only be one place where he can go.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm assuming every major franchise will get at least one stage based on their most recent title, that means new donk and great plateau obviously. Then Kirby Planet Robobot, Fates, Xenoblade X (2 was probably too late tbh), Star Fox Zero, Tropical Freeze, Samus returns and sun and moon. I'd also bet on them pulling another yoshi's wooly world with that new game

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
With the talk about Minecraft, this has given me an interesting thought to question you all to see what kind of Ideas this would bring.

"What franchise that hasn't been in Super Smash Bros yet that you think can bring a new audience to the series?"

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hey that's the prototype, how Gerald went from GIANT LIZARD to Small Hedgehog is still one of the great mysteries though.
How do you go from giant lizard to hedgehog?
*Ahem*

Puts on Tin Foil Hat

While not confirmed by any stretch of the imagination, a lot of people believe Gerald might have changed the base for the Ultimate Life Form to a Hedgehog due to the mural found in Hidden Palace Zone from Sonic 3&K.

hpalace.gif

After all, he DID base the Altar in the Cannon's Core after the Emerald Shrine from Angel Island. So he clearly has been there and done his research.

maxresdefault (3).jpg

Given he clearly knew about the power of the Emeralds, it wouldn't be too surprising for him to take a mural depicting a "Powerful God" to heart. It also explains why Shadow looks similar-ish to Sonic.

...That's also probably giving Sonic Team WAY too much credit, but eh.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I want a Mania stage (Studiopolis) so badly, but they'd probably go for a Forces stage...blah.

You mean Windy Hill, Windy Valley is way better.
I got my wires crossed aaaaaah

At least I didn't get all the Green Hill Zone's mixed up (looks at Neo Green Hill).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"What franchise that hasn't been in Super Smash Bros yet that you think can bring a new audience to the series?"
Minecraft, literally just Minecraft because of its global influence. Not unless you want Fortnite to be in Smash, you absolute madman.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
With the talk about Minecraft, this has given me an interesting thought to question you all to see what kind of Ideas this would bring.

If I could guess, fighting game characters. Most other characters aren't """competing""" franchises, like the FFVII fanbase has a likely huge intersection with the Smash fanbase. Characters from Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur etc. would attract new players more than most third parties, especially if done with the same amount of detail as Ryu. The reason isn't necessarily that the effect would be huge but its hard to put myself in the shoes of a Minecraft gamer, casual or hardcore, and say "I love sandbox games, Steve's in Smash? Time to learn how to fighting game for 1/70 some characters." It's not an impossibility, but I think attracting the fighting game audience would be Smash's best bet if this was their goal with third parties.

splat

Smash Lord
Something else that's interesting about the poster.

View attachment 149504

Popo is clobbering at something, and unless he's trying to get Game and Watch for breakfast, it may be something that hasn't been added yet. I thought that he may be trying to get the duck, but my mindset's looking more towards the duck reacting to Toon Link trying to get a shot at it instead. or maybe my tinfoil is on too tight
Yeah, I feel there’s definitely something that’s going to show up there. There are also ribbons coming from below his clobbering. Which character features gray ribbons/lint like that?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'd like Sky Sanctuary, Hidden Palace, Chemical Plant, ARK, Dragon Road or many other stages but sadly you're right I think it's just Green Hill and Windy Valley.
One idea I have for an interesting Sonic stage is Titanic Monarch.

It would be a big stage, similar in style to GCO, but not nearly as big.

The stage would have fan gusts that make fighters jump higher, springs and electrical hazards, and the defining feature would be the purple portals that teleport you to other areas of the stage.

It would also have some moving platforms like the ones in Titanic Monarch.

I think it would be a really cool stage, both aesthetically and gameplay wise.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If I could guess, fighting game characters. Most other characters aren't """competing""" franchises, like the FFVII fanbase has a likely huge intersection with the Smash fanbase. Characters from Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur etc. would attract new players more than most third parties, especially if done with the same amount of detail as Ryu. The reason isn't necessarily that the effect would be huge but its hard to put myself in the shoes of a Minecraft gamer, casual or hardcore, and say "I love sandbox games, Steve's in Smash? Time to learn how to fighting game for 1/70 some characters." It's not an impossibility, but I think attracting the fighting game audience would be Smash's best bet if this was their goal with third parties.
Breh the best way to attract fighting game fans is to force Smash players to use deodorant otherwise a match can't start

KMDP

Smash Legend
In all seriousness, these are the Sonic stages I can see happening.

Chemical Plant (I know, I know, but it could be Tails' stage)
Station Square (w/ Chaos; I made a post about it the Shadow thread here.)
Radical Highway (see my comedy bit above, also here.)
Space Colony ARK (either Final Rush/Final Chase/Cosmic Fall, or the Ark's fake Altar, with the Biolizard as a background element/stage hazard).
Studiopolis Zone (but only as DLC)
EDIT: Just had a new idea for a stage, based on the Classic Sonic segment of the "Death Egg Robot" final boss fight from Sonic Forces. People who've played the game should know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
One idea I have for an interesting Sonic stage is Titanic Monarch.

It would be a big stage, similar in style to GCO, but not nearly as big.

The stage would have fan gusts that make fighters jump higher, springs and electrical hazards, and the defining feature would be the purple portals that teleport you to other areas of the stage.

It would also have some moving platforms like the ones in Titanic Monarch.

I think it would be a really cool stage, both aesthetically and gameplay wise.
I'd love Titanic Monarch too, and the way you'd build it sounds like the best way to put in everything cool about it. Just no crushy cellings please haha.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Minecraft, literally just Minecraft because of its global influence. Not unless you want Fortnite to be in Smash, you absolute madman.
Yep, nothing can top Minecraft. I'm a madman! Let's not just get Fortnite but Overwatch as well! xD

That's a very neat Idea and I agree with that.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Honestly I think Steve and a fully destructible Minecraft stage would be dope as hell. A moveset built around creating new platforms? Yes please.

Like I know Minecraft is most popular with ten year olds but... let's get real guys, so is all this ****. It's a great game and it's HUUUUGELY influential and successful. Sure it's janky but that's part of its charm.

Shroob

Sup?
The problem with Minecraft isn't the game itself, it's the fanbase, like a LOT of games as of late; it's fanbase is just unbearable.

While I may not be the biggest fan of the idea of Steve(?) in Smash, I welcome all characters, even in a begrudging way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The problem with Minecraft isn't the game itself, it's the fanbase, like a LOT of games as of late; it's fanbase is just unbearable.

While I may not be the biggest fan of the idea of Steve(?) in Smash, I welcome all characters, even in a begrudging way.
You think For Glory Little Macs were a joke? You aren't prepared for the massive squadron of For Glory Steve.

KMDP

Smash Legend
like a LOT of games as of late; it's fanbase is just unbearable.
Unbearable fanbases...?
UnBEARable fanbases...?
Bear... fanbases?

Guys! Guys! Guys!

Guys?

Freddy Fazbear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom