• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't know why but im really starting to believe Simon is in Smash.....

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Some people are afraid to see characters as clones and would prefer they just not get in at all with the promise of maybe, potentially, one far off day they get in with a "real" moveset.

I am not one of those people. And that's why I'm rooting for a Dixie Echo. If that's what it takes to get her in the game then so be it.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Okay.

I'm seeing a lot of people fighting for Dixie to not be an Echo Fighter and that's noble. I think she deserves more as well.

But you're flat out wrong if you think Dark Pit, Lucina, and Daisy only work as Echo Fighters.

All three have things that could make them unique fighters.

Dark Pit uses different instruments and what not in the story of Uprising than Pit. There's stuff to make him unique.

Lucina while a descendant of Marth? She's not limited to the Falchion no more than Chrom is. There's plenty of other things they could have done to make her more unique.

Daisy could have been a fully Mario spin-off based fighter who used things from the sports games, Mario Party, and Mario Kart to be a fighter. Instead she is Peach's echo fighter.

So no being able to be unique doesn't keep you from being an Echo Fighter.

The only common theme between Echo Fighter is a slightly similar build or look to their counter part.

Which sadly Dixie does have. She's a small chimp just like Diddy. You might not want it to happen? But it has a likelyhood of happening. Her chance to be unique be damned.
Except those guys only reasoning for being added is that they're similar, why add dark pit over medusa, hades and viridi? because he's similar, he would not be here otherwise.

Dixie has actual reasons to be in the game as a unique fighter.

And Dark Pit using pits moveset makes sense so him being a clone is fitting for his character, they could be unique but they don't need to be when they're so similar to another character. Dixie fighting like diddy would completely misrepresent her

Some people are afraid to see characters as clones and would prefer they just not get in at all with the promise of maybe, potentially, one far off day they get in with a "real" moveset.

I am not one of those people. And that's why I'm rooting for a Dixie Echo. If that's what it takes to get her in the game then so be it.
Nah, if they're gonna half-ass it and do Dixie dirty I'd rather she just not be in at all tbh.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Although Dixie absolutely fits the bill for becoming a clone of Diddy, I'd actually be surprised to see her that way.

I think Dixie is incredibly likely as a semi-clone at the least. She'd share most of her moveset with Diddy, but have a different special or two, Final Smash, and maybe a few other moves to differentiate them.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Nah, if they're gonna half-*** it and do Dixie dirty I'd rather she just not be in at all tbh.
That's your prerogative. But I see it as neither halfassing it nor doing her dirty. I have never had any issues with clones. I like liking things.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

I think the biggest issue people have with the idea is the recovery not being her hair
I've seen no one argue against the idea with the exception that her hair should be her recovery and not a jetback
Would gladly take a Dixie clone over nothing though

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Man, there are so many nice little animation changes that make this game look so much prettier than the last. Even just looking at how Pac-Man moves and the trail he leaves behind now - it's seems like it's going to be such a nice game visually.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I think the biggest issue people have with the idea is the recovery not being her hair
I've seen no one argue against the idea with the exception that her hair should be her recovery and not a jetback
Would gladly take a Dixie clone over nothing though
The issue is that echos share the exact moveset with their base character (with the exception of Final Smashes if Dark Pit keeps Dark Pit Staff), no ifs or buts about it.

making her hair her up special is grounds for semi-clone at least

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
If anyone should represent Generation 3, the most ideal (yet most unlikely to happen) is another Pokémon Trainer with Mudkip (everyone liekz Mudkipz), Grovyle (homage to Grovyle from the second Mystery Dungeon games) and Blaziken (one of the most prominent Pokémon of Gen 3 appearing as one of the first Pokémon in Pokken Tournament, one of the first Pokémon to get a Mega Evolution, and multiple roles in the anime). Have May as the primary skin with a Brendan alt. A physical version of Triple Finish with Mudkip launching the opponent with Aqua Tail, Grovyle rushing in with a flurry of Leaf Blade, and Blaziken finishing off with a supercharged Blaze Kick would be a perfect Final Smash.

Also I'd be able see this all over again and enjoy it:
IMG_0773.GIF

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

When I witnessed the de-confirmation of Takamaru as an Assist Trophy and Balloon Fighter being a part of Villager’s recovery special again through E3 footage of Smash Ultimate, I was utterly astonished. I thought those two had the best chance to get in as the retro newcomer pick. It took me awhile to process the news, and I had wondered about which retro newcomer Sakurai had picked if Takamaru was not the one planned for the 2016 project plan. I looked into the remaining retro choices like Excitebiker, Mach Rider, and Prince Sable, quickly dismissing the latter two, only seeing the first choice as the only plausible character. But then, I witnessed a new, but obviously fake Smash leak featuring Lip that happened in the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread. I suddenly started to create connections to Lip and other factors Sakurai stated to be important when he included retros like Pit/Little Mac. I have an unusual amount of confidence for Lip and I want to explain why I have a moderate degree of faith that she will be in Smash Ultimate.

Since Super Smash Bros. Brawl, popularity has been a big factor towards the inclusion of retro newcomers. Pit being in Brawl was the result of being the most requested retro newcomer in America and Japan, noting the foreshadowing in Pit’s trophy description in Melee. This hint led to many fan theories, which caused the support for Pit erupt in a huge scale. Little Mac’s addition in Smash 4 was the result of him being the most popular retro in the West, with Punch Out Wii’s release and the VGTribune poll that was sent to Sakurai at the time of project proposal helping Mac’s inclusion. I think it is safe to say that popularity in the West and Japan will contribute to a retro newcomer’s addition for this Smash. With the Smash Ballot allowing a large number of fans to vote, who could have been the most popular retro request? With the more casual Smash fans likely campaigning for third-parties/Nintendo newcomers like Bayonetta, Geno, Ridley, Waluigi, and K. Rool, it is hard to find anything concrete that would suggest a specific retro being very popular in the West and Japan. Fortunately, I can find out which retro newcomer was extremely popular during the ballot voting period through a process of elimination.

Researching a number of websites like Smashboards, Gamefaqs, and Twitter, I did not find much notable campaigning for Excitebiker, Mach Rider, Prince of Sable, and Takamaru. However, there was one single retro who I have seen consistently campaigned in both the West and Japan. That being Lip. Upon looking into Lip's support during the Smash ballot period, Lip was the only retro I have seen with a truly dedicated following that parallels the likes of the dedicated Daisy fan-base in many ways. As someone who pays attention to retro newcomer support fanbases closely, I know for sure that not even Takamaru and Prince Sable had much discussion and fan-dedication as Lip. I have seen supporters of Lip from the West/East that have passionately made fan art, several videos, and MANY moveset ideas for the flower fairy, with a numerous amount of hardcore PDP fans campaigning a revival of Panel de Pon and Lip being playable in Smash Bros. This following might have been big enough to vote in a grander scale than Takamaru, possibly making Lip the most voted retro in the West and Japan. Lip is the only fanbase I know that would be capable of accomplishing a notable feat in votes.

Now assuming that Lip was the most popular retro, would her being from a Japan-only game stop Sakurai from including the character? Personally, I do not think Panel de Pon’s obscurity would be a huge problem. Sakurai loves his retro characters, especially with Japan-only games. He has shown his love of these titles with Assist Trophies like Takamaru and Sable, trophies like Ayumi Tachibana and Diskun, remixes of Lip’s theme and Mysterious Murasame Castle, and, at one point, was willing enough to make characters from a Japan only franchise playable in the form of Marth and Roy. Hypothetically, If Sakurai saw the huge ballot popularity for Lip, I believe he would immediately jump at the chance. Even if her game was Japan-only, I feel that worldwide demand would be able to make up for her obscurity. Sakurai personally considered Panel de Pon to be a masterpiece, and this alone makes me certain that he loves the the franchise. I would not be very surprised if this quickly enticed him to make Lip a playable character. Lip’s gameplay potential and character individuality would also be a factor Sakurai would be attracted by, with her being a magical flower fairy who would be able to utilize Panel de Pon puzzle gameplay mechanics and the flower effects of Lip’s Stick for a very unique moveset. With these positives going for Lip, I feel that she will be the next retro choice chosen by Sakurai.

Of course, there is the real possibility that Lip’s ballot popularity could have been less than Prince of Sable or Excitebiker. But, I personally doubt it at this point. With two of the biggest retro choices out of the running (Takamaru and Balloon Fighter), the only retro newcomer I feel pretty confident of being the most popular is Lip. Here is hoping my assessment is correct. Lip’s inclusion would do wonders and would help Intelligent Systems finally make a new Panel de Pon game, which would be a blessing for me.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
That's your prerogative. But I see it as neither halfassing it nor doing her dirty. I have never had any issues with clones. I like liking things.
I like clones when the cloning feels justified, I have no problem with our current clones (except ganondorf) because they all make sense as clones and their characters feel properly represented despite being clones. Dixie as a Diddy Kong echo would be half-assing it and badly representing her to me. Keep it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Semi-clone Dixie works fine IMO. If Dixie were Luigi to Diddy's Mario I don't think it would be a disservice to the character at all. In every game they have almost identical traits aside from the dash attack and the hair vs. jetpack.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay.

I'm seeing a lot of people fighting for Dixie to not be an Echo Fighter and that's noble. I think she deserves more as well.

But you're flat out wrong if you think Dark Pit, Lucina, and Daisy only work as Echo Fighters.

All three have things that could make them unique fighters.

Dark Pit uses different instruments and what not in the story of Uprising than Pit. There's stuff to make him unique.

Lucina while a descendant of Marth? She's not limited to the Falchion no more than Chrom is. There's plenty of other things they could have done to make her more unique.

Daisy could have been a fully Mario spin-off based fighter who used things from the sports games, Mario Party, and Mario Kart to be a fighter. Instead she is Peach's echo fighter.

So no being able to be unique doesn't keep you from being an Echo Fighter.

The only common theme between Echo Fighter is a slightly similar build or look to their counter part.

Which sadly Dixie does have. She's a small chimp just like Diddy. You might not want it to happen? But it has a likelyhood of happening. Her chance to be unique be damned.
Okay, but the difference between Dixie Kong and the others is that Dixie wasn’t originally designed to be a Diddy expy or a Diddy clone like the others.

Daisy’s first appearance was as yellow Peach from another kingdom.

Lucina’s first appearance was as “Masked Marth”.

Dark Pit’s first appearance was as a mirrored copy of Pit.

Dixie’s first appearance wasn’t as an imitation of Diddy.

Dixie doesn’t even have a tail. Why would she suddenly have tail attacks like Diddy’s? Why would she use the Barrel Jetpack when her hair is perfectly suited for recovery and for floating?

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

When I witnessed the de-confirmation of Takamaru as an Assist Trophy and Balloon Fighter being a part of Villager’s recovery special again through E3 footage of Smash Ultimate, I was utterly astonished. I thought those two had the best chance to get in as the retro newcomer pick. It took me awhile to process the news, and I had wondered about which retro newcomer Sakurai had picked if Takamaru was not the one planned for the 2016 project plan. I looked into the remaining retro choices like Excitebiker, Mach Rider, and Prince Sable, quickly dismissing the latter two, only seeing the first choice as the only plausible character. But then, I witnessed a new, but obviously fake Smash leak featuring Lip that happened in the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread. I suddenly started to create connections to Lip and other factors Sakurai stated to be important when he included retros like Pit/Little Mac. I have an unusual amount of confidence for Lip and I want to explain why I have a moderate degree of faith that she will be in Smash Ultimate.

Since Super Smash Bros. Brawl, popularity has been a big factor towards the inclusion of retro newcomers. Pit being in Brawl was the result of being the most requested retro newcomer in America and Japan, noting the foreshadowing in Pit’s trophy description in Melee. This hint led to many fan theories, which caused the support for Pit erupt in a huge scale. Little Mac’s addition in Smash 4 was the result of him being the most popular retro in the West, with Punch Out Wii’s release and the VGTribune poll that was sent to Sakurai at the time of project proposal helping Mac’s inclusion. I think it is safe to say that popularity in the West and Japan will contribute to a retro newcomer’s addition for this Smash. With the Smash Ballot allowing a large number of fans to vote, who could have been the most popular retro request? With the more casual Smash fans likely campaigning for third-parties/Nintendo newcomers like Bayonetta, Geno, Ridley, Waluigi, and K. Rool, it is hard to find anything concrete that would suggest a specific retro being very popular in the West and Japan. Fortunately, I can find out which retro newcomer was extremely popular during the ballot voting period through a process of elimination.

Researching a number of websites like Smashboards, Gamefaqs, and Twitter, I did not find much notable campaigning for Excitebiker, Mach Rider, Prince of Sable, and Takamaru. However, there was one single retro who I have seen consistently campaigned in both the West and Japan. That being Lip. Upon looking into Lip's support during the Smash ballot period, Lip was the only retro I have seen with a truly dedicated following that parallels the likes of the dedicated Daisy fan-base in many ways. As someone who pays attention to retro newcomer support fanbases closely, I know for sure that not even Takamaru and Prince Sable had much discussion and fan-dedication as Lip. I have seen supporters of Lip from the West/East that have passionately made fan art, several videos, and MANY moveset ideas for the flower fairy, with a numerous amount of hardcore PDP fans campaigning a revival of Panel de Pon and Lip being playable in Smash Bros. This following might have been big enough to vote in a grander scale than Takamaru, possibly making Lip the most voted retro in the West and Japan. Lip is the only fanbase I know that would be capable of accomplishing a notable feat in votes.

Now assuming that Lip was the most popular retro, would her being from a Japan-only game stop Sakurai from including the character? Personally, I do not think Panel de Pon’s obscurity would be a huge problem. Sakurai loves his retro characters, especially with Japan-only games. He has shown his love of these titles with Assist Trophies like Takamaru and Sable, trophies like Ayumi Tachibana and Diskun, remixes of Lip’s theme and Mysterious Murasame Castle, and, at one point, was willing enough to make characters from a Japan only franchise playable in the form of Marth and Roy. Hypothetically, If Sakurai saw the huge ballot popularity for Lip, I believe he would immediately jump at the chance. Sakurai personally considered Panel de Pon to be a masterpiece, and this alone makes me certain that he loves the the franchise. I would not be very surprised if this quickly enticed him to make Lip a playable character. Lip’s gameplay potential and character individuality would also be a factor Sakurai would be attracted by, with her being a magical flower fairy who would be able to utilize Panel de Pon puzzle gameplay mechanics and the flower effects of Lip’s Stick for a very unique moveset. With these positives going for Lip, I feel that she will be the next retro choice chosen by Sakurai.

Of course, there is the real possibility that Lip’s ballot popularity could have been less than Prince of Sable or Excitebiker. But, I personally doubt it at this point. With two of the biggest retro choices out of the running (Takamaru and Balloon Fighter), the only retro newcomer I feel pretty confident of being the most popular is Lip. Here is hoping my assessment is correct. Lip’s inclusion would do wonders and would help Intelligent Systems finally make a new Panel de Pon game, which would be a blessing for me.
If Takamaru didn't get in despite being more popular than Lip entirely because his game was Japan only I can't possibly see Lip getting in tbh, assist trophy material at best.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Semi-clone Dixie works fine IMO. If Dixie were Luigi to Diddy's Mario I don't think it would be a disservice to the character at all. In every game they have almost identical traits aside from the dash attack and the hair vs. jetpack.
So they don't have identical traits then? Because all their abilities in the DKC games are completely different except for the popguns in tropical freeze. Dixie has her hair gliding, the hairspin/pirouette attack, her hair ground slam, and she picks up items with her hair. Diddy has a cartwheel and jetpack in comparison. They're really nothing alike in DKC tbh.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I like clones when the cloning feels justified, I have no problem with our current clones (except ganondorf) because they all make sense as clones and their characters feel properly represented despite being clones. Dixie as a Diddy Kong echo would be half-assing it and badly representing her to me. Keep it.
I non-ironically will defend clonendorf's moveset as completely in-character and justified until my dying breath.

Okay, but the difference between Dixie Kong and the others is that Dixie wasn’t originally designed to be a Diddy expy or a Diddy clone like the others.

Daisy’s first appearance was as yellow Peach from another kingdom.

Lucina’s first appearance was as “Masked Marth”.

Dark Pit’s first appearance was as a mirrored copy of Pit.

Dixie’s first appearance wasn’t as an imitation of Diddy.

Dixie doesn’t even have a tail. Why would she suddenly have tail attacks like Diddy’s? Why would she use the Barrel Jetpack when her hair is perfectly suited for recovery and for floating?
Dixie was designed specifically to be Diddy's Luigi. She had her one gimmick, and that was what separated the two. They otherwise played identically. Diddy being really different from Dixie now is more because she got left behind than it was a conscious decision to make them more dissimilar.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I non-ironically will defend clonendorf's moveset as completely in-character and justified until my dying breath.

Dixie was designed specifically to be Diddy's Luigi. She had her one gimmick, and that was what separated the two. They otherwise played identically. Diddy being really different from Dixie now is more because she got left behind than it was a conscious decision to make them more dissimilar.
They played identically but that's because as a platformer they obviously have to, they were still characterized differently and have different attacks and different ways of picking things up and stuff. Diddy plays closer to DK in DKC tbh, Dixie's "one gimmick" is a major part of her character.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Here's the problem I see with Dixie being an Echo clone.
-For one, Dixie doesn't have a tail, meaning she can't do Diddy's tail moves if they are still in.
-Two, one of the hugest parts of her is her hair and the fact that she can use her hair for multiple things, including attacking, gliding, as a double jump and to even pick up items. If she's a Echo fighter of Diddy, that's making the biggest part of her not a part of her.
-Three, Sakurai is known for keeping the characters close to their games. Would even Sakurai be okay with Dixie using Diddy's Popgun and Barrelrocket Pack when she doesn't even use them once? Would Sakurai be okay with the idea of Dixie never using her hair once when she uses it a ton in the games?

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Couldn’t Echo Dixie just use her hair in an alternate animation to Diddy’s Tail moves?

They said they change some moves, animations, and specials.

Which is why it’s weird Doc and Pichu aren’t echo fighters.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Uh...

Language warning.

Apparently, ZeRo is going to do a first-to-10 vs. SonicFox about three months into SSBU's metagame. This, I really want to see ZeRo win just for the reactions (well, and more).

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
One fun thing that rarely got brought up in relation character size is the fact that when compared to link Ganondorf is roughly 25% to small in smash.

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Guys guys. I think we're all forgetting who will be the true retro fighter for ultimate and that's......

DONKEY KONG JR.
latest.png

He can also double as an echo fighter :3

Last edited:

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Couldn’t Echo Dixie just use her hair in an alternate animation to Diddy’s Tail moves?

You're comparing slightly faster or tankier but otherwise identical moves to comoletely different attacks.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Apparently ZeRo is going to do a first-to-10 vs. SonicFox about three months into SSBU's metagame. This, I really want to see ZeRo win just for the reactions.
My response to Fox:

Screenshot_2018-06-17-19-23-02.png

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I don't believe they said they change animations beyond taunts and victory animations.

The changes to moves are very simple and none of the echoes appear to have completely different moves. Dr. Mario does have unique moves of his own and also has different speed and weight attributes. Pichu also has some larger differences from Pikachu than the echoes have to their originals, beyond having a different shape, size and weight.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
They played identically but that's because as a platformer they obviously have to, they were still characterized differently and have different attacks and different ways of picking things up and stuff. Diddy plays closer to DK in DKC tbh, Dixie's "one gimmick" is a major part of her character.
I'm the last person you need to lecture on the merits of Dixie Kong. I can speedrun the DKC trilogy in my sleep.

People always seem to think that clones are just gonna function like dumb Brawl skin mods. Sak's not just gonna slap Dixie on Diddy's skeleton and call it a day. Luci and Dark Pit saw very little changes because they were upgraded alt costumes. In what little we've seen of Daisy it's obvious she's been completely re-animated to suit her characterization. That's what would happen with a Dixie echo. Yes, the moveset isn't perfect, but within the confines of that moveset, Sakurai would still allow her real character to come through. And that'll be true for any new echoes.

MainJPW

M.T.A
What's funny is they added a sword to the Ganondorf that should be using dark magic. OoT Ganondorf never even pulled out a sword.
Yes, goddamn this nettles me so much, lol. He's become so linked to a sword he never even had to begin with.
I wonder if it has anything to do with that Spaceworld 2000 tech demo since that’s where the sword came from.

The Ganondorf in the tech demo is the OoT Ganondorf design, so when Sakurai added the sword to his artwork in Melee players probably wondered why he didn't use it. Since Melee came out a year after the tech demo showcase perhaps players started to associate Ganondorf with that tech demo sword.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm seeing a lot about Dixie. While I do think that her similar build could hurt her chances of being unique (or at least not an echo), there's also her hair which is a big part of her build.

Like, why does Peach use so many butt attacks even though there's nothing in her games that reference that? That specific part of her model is big so it's easy to make moves around it. That's why I think Dixie has a chance to being unique; her hair is so big it's full of secrets.

But who knows. They may just say "**** the only thing people know/care about Dixie for" and make her an echo. I wouldn't be a happy camper if that happens.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If Takamaru didn't get in despite being more popular than Lip entirely because his game was Japan only I can't possibly see Lip getting in tbh, assist trophy material at best.
Counterpoint:
Sakurai is all about balancing requests between the Western and Eastern fanbases. Little Mac's fanbase was located solely in the West, Japan could've cared less for him. I think Lip can get in as a Japan-favored rep.

Also, when was the last time Sakurai cared about that sort of representation for the retro rep? (R.O.B. was an American "accessory" to sell NES consoles).

Plus, while Lip's game technically is Japan only, the series isn't. Panel de Pon has shown up in many other names here in America since the SNES era, unlike Takamaru, whose game was only re-released in the west very recently (to little fanfare as well).

I think either Lip or Ayumi Tachibana is going to be our retro WTF rep, but Lip could definitely get in this time.

Magical Girl Lip in Smash Bros. please.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
How many times does it need to be brought up in this thread for some people to realize that Diddy's only tail attack was reworked in this game...? Seriously, I didn't go even a few pages before I found out.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only real challenge of a Dixie echo is animating her hair for a lot of things.

That is assuming there are no tail attacks on Diddy anymore.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Counterpoint:
Sakurai is all about balancing requests between the Western and Eastern fanbases. Little Mac's fanbase was located solely in the West, Japan could've cared less for him. I think Lip can get in as a Japan-favored rep.

Also, when was the last time Sakurai cared about that sort of representation for the retro rep? (R.O.B. was an American "accessory" to sell NES consoles).

Plus, while Lip's game technically is Japan only, the series isn't. Panel de Pon has shown up in many other names here in America since the SNES era, unlike Takamaru, whose game was only released in the west very recently.

I think either Lip or Ayumi Tachibana is going to be our retro WTF rep, but Lip could definitely get in this time.

Magical Girl Lip in Smash Bros. please.
ROB was sold in Japan too.

And while Panel de Pon has been rebranded here, a game starring Lip has never made it west, whereas The Mysterious Murasume Castle has.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
How many times does it need to be brought up in this thread for some people to realize that Diddy's only tail attack was reworked in this game...? Seriously, I didn't go even a few pages before I found out.
"Diddy Kong's neutral attack appears to now end with a quick side kick instead of attacking rapidly with his tail (though it is possible Diddy Kong now has something like Captain Falcon's Gentleman)."
- SmashWiki

Figured I should point this out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom