• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
That's how I always felt about Takamaru.
On that subject, I'm going to push for a playable role every time a new Smash Bros. is announced, either until I die or she makes it in, but at this point I'd honestly just settle for an Assist Trophy. I'm that starved for any acknowledgement that this series exists (outside of that Animal Crossing minigame, which doesn't have any of the fairies outside of a small cameo).

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
The real list will have every Shoto from Street Fighter as a Ryu echo fighter.
If there were no new characters but Violent Ken and Sean were added, I'd honestly be way more happy with the roster than what we're likely going to get.
Honestly, just make a platformer version of Street Fighter at this point...

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
While any leak with geno has my attention and lip is just a bonus for me... leak is super fake no reason to believe it any more than any other random “leak”.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
If there were no new characters but Violent Ken and Sean were added, I'd honestly be way more happy with the roster than what we're likely going to get.
Honestly, just make a platformer version of Street Fighter at this point...
That gives me an interesting idea...

...what if there was a Smash-inspired game where everyone has Ryu's "light attack / heavy attack" mechanic?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
With all these leaks going around, you'd think someone would fix the pipes by now.

meowth_thats_wrong

Smash Cadet
I love how these types of fake rosters are just lists of heavily-speculated fanservice characters with 1 oddball thrown in to make it look credible.

"Alright, I just browsed the last 50 pages of Smashboards and chose the characters with the most CTRL+F results. This Smash is gonna have K. Rool, Geno, Decidueye... wait no... Mimikyu, and... uhhh... Cooking Mama. No one predicts Cooking Mama."

And then the replies will be something like: "Golly, this roster is so wacky and out of left field. It's identical to every other fan roster except it has Cooking Mama this time! Cooking Mama is quirky so I believe it."

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
He really shot himself in the foot posting that on reddit, where Verg has a verified account.
Not that he was credible before that or anything.

Surprised no one tried pulling this scheme earlier. Then again I'm surprised we don't have an account called 'Emily Rogers' running around talking ****. :p
I bet there's going to be like 10 people who make fake accounts just because of this post. :)
Yeah the only real lists are the ones that people would dismiss and/or get angry about.
The one 4Chan leak that no one pays attention to of course. :smirk:
How am I being pessimistic exactly? If you count Echoes, we've got 3 new characters, in addition to 7 returning (Ice Climbers, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, Pichu, Wolf and Toon Link), we're at 10 additional characters from the past game. Right now, we are in the ballpark of what's added character-wise for new Smash games, albeit on the low end.
Sakurai only said to not expect as many newcomers as before. Combine that with the Das leak of "at least 6" and I find anything in the ballpark of 2-4 to be really cynical.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Sakurai only said to not expect as many newcomers as before. Combine that with the Das leak of "at least 6" and I find anything in the ballpark of 2-4 to be really cynical.
Personally not buying the DasVegetable leak. It's too easy of a guess to make, and his source has thus far been spotty.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
After getting Ridley I'm nearly content with the roster. All I'm really asking for is Ashley and it's pretty much perfect. K. Rool would be nice, but if I got Ashley and Ridley? This game would be everything I ever wanted. It's so nearly that already.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Personally not buying the DasVegetable leak. It's too easy of a guess to make, and his source has thus far been spotty.
It has it's flaws but he's been more accurate about these things more times than not (Smash wise anyways).

And then there were others who backed up his claim on Simon Belmont.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I love how these types of fake rosters are just lists of heavily-speculated fanservice characters with 1 oddball thrown in to make it look credible.

"Alright, I just browsed the last 50 pages of Smashboards and chose the characters with the most CTRL+F results. This Smash is gonna have K. Rool, Geno, Decidueye... wait no... Mimikyu, and... uhhh... Cooking Mama. No one predicts Cooking Mama."

And then the replies will be something like: "Golly, this roster is so wacky and out of left field. It's identical to every other fan roster except it has Cooking Mama this time! Cooking Mama is quirky so I believe it."
Trying to hide the real roster in a hypothetical “fake” roster leak. Very clever but I’m on to you!

So my only question is what’s sakurai like in person and how did you get him to tell you the roster!?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It has it's flaws but he's been more accurate about these things more times than not (Smash wise anyways).

And then there were others who backed up his claim on Simon Belmont.
Didn't they back down and say it was based on a rumor of Sakurai visiting Konami while they were showing off a new Castlevania?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Didn't they back down and say it was based on a rumor of Sakurai visiting Konami while they were showing off a new Castlevania?
Ehh...kinda.

Although the general feeling among them is that Simon will find his way to SSBU. Not being revealed here is to be expected with the amount of content shown off.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Guys, spamming fake leaks or joking about being some user is still spam. Enough. Continuing to do with will lead to spam warnings/infractions.

Keep it on-topic.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Everyone wants to believe the most optimistic rumors, but they never come to fruition.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ehh...kinda.

Although the general feeling among them is that Simon will find his way to SSBU. Not being revealed here is to be expected with the amount of content shown off.
Sure. But the “general feeling” is just that. A feeling. None of them has had concrete info, and all Virgil has gotten right has been one very likely character.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Who else thinks shantae is still reasonable?
Given the small amount of newcomers according to the Sak-man, I'd say Shantae is much less viable than before. But I can say that about a lot of characters I used to think had some sort of chance. It really narrows down who is viable now. But Ridley tho.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Sure. But the “general feeling” is just that. A feeling. None of them has had concrete info, and all Virgil has gotten right has been one very likely character.
I don't mind mean to start anything, but how was Ridley likely at all? It's easy to say that's in hindsight to try and discredit the leak, but I'm sure I feel it weren't for the rumor we wouldn't be saying how RIdley was a shoo-in

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ridley was not obvious nor likely really. If it weren't for the Verb leak, few would've thought it had a good chance. The reality is, people were still miffed over him being hard disconfirmed in 4 and then explained that Sakurai felt it out of character for Ridley to not just be playable but made smaller.

This was a serious surprise reveal, if it weren't for the leak.

It doesn't mean Verg is entirely legit, as some of his sources could be lying/wrong, but the Ridley bit was not an easy guess in the first place.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I don't mind mean to start anything, but how was Ridley likely at all? It's easy to say that's in hindsight to try and discredit the leak, but I'm sure I feel it weren't for the rumor we wouldn't be saying how RIdley was a shoo-in
I swear, this whole situation is starting to remind me of people trying to say that Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer were all "easy guesses" in the days of the Gematsu leak...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Simple. Ridley was the longest running request. He was the biggest name still in the speculation scene. A character who has remained relevant throughout his franchise from launch, only missing two Metroid games in the franchise. A character who has been in every Smash game. A character who has had more and more work put into him in every Smash game. From a background image, to a movie, to two boss fights, to a boss that can be made playable with a very basic mod. A character that Sakurai has mentioned trying to make playable on multiple occasions.

I predicted Ridley very early on. It is not difficult logic. The only thing against him was Sakurai saying he didn’t get him to work... But, as Villager showed, Sakurai’s word is not absolute across multiple games.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I swear, this whole situation is starting to remind me of people trying to say that Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer were all "easy guesses" in the days of the Gematsu leak...
The Gematsu guess of Wii Fit Trainer was like...the only person to guess her.

Ridley's been pushed by multiple people across the internet since before the March reveal of the game. But everyone throws Ridley out, so even if someone did push Ridley, no one would've believed them until they saw gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom