• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I am starting to think Waluigi will be playable.

• He must have been really high on the ballot.
• Sakurai is sneaky.
• Waluigi is sneaky.
• The game displayed here is a demo build.
• Requested character Daisy got in and Toad now helps Peach fight during throws.
you're giving me ptsd back to the ridley shadow

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Well, I'm still gunning for Sora joining Smash Bros. and recently we received confirmation that Disney isn't against this idea at all! We also received undeniable confirmation that Disney owns 100% of the rights to Sora, so the fear of Nintendo having to pay 2 companies for the character can be thrown right out the window! To anybody who supports #Sora4smash or even thinks this would be a cool inclusion, this is now your chance! It's too late for him to join the vanilla version of SSBU, but in the event that they bring back DLC for highly requested characters, you can let Disney, Square Enix, Nintendo, and/or Sora Ltd. know ahead of time that we want our boy to join the roster!

Confirmation comes in the way of this video where the youtuber explains his interview with a representative from Disney. Feel free to watch the whole thing if you'd like:
https://youtu.be/CV76QegRezE?t=5m45s

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Stage 5: Acceptance

I accept that Sakurai initially tricked us and Waluigi will be playable.

I'm sorry about the disconfirmation, man, but...really? Sakurai's not that kind of a troll. He's the "Zero Suit Samus had been removed...lol jk" or "The End. (Just Kidding.)" type. He doesn't tease people over characters because he knows they're invested.

D

Deleted member

Stage 5: Acceptance

I accept that Sakurai initially tricked us and Waluigi will be playable.
Lol ok dude, just know that you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Coming from someone who wants him as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Unless there is an "All of the Previous Bosses Rush", which can be cool.
It's probably not worth the effort to be bringing back Galleom, Duon, and Tabuu though. Petey Piranha, Rayquaza, and Porky could still maintain their boss status, but the former will need to do more than cage swinging.

Ridley got the playable status, so it makes little sense to see him as a boss as well, unless we're talking about Other M Ridley.

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
Ridley is playable now therefore the Shadow fakeout was taken to the extreme and he was made an actual stage hazard just to **** with us. I'm a genius

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Well, I'm still gunning for Sora joining Smash Bros. and recently we received confirmation that Disney isn't against this idea at all! We also received undeniable confirmation that Disney owns 100% of the rights to Sora, so the fear of Nintendo having to pay 2 companies for the character can be thrown right out the window! To anybody who supports #Sora4smash or even thinks this would be a cool inclusion, this is now your chance! It's too late for him to join the vanilla version of SSBU, but in the event that they bring back DLC for highly requested characters, you can let Disney, Square Enix, Nintendo, and/or Sora Ltd. know ahead of time that we want our boy to join the roster!

Confirmation comes in the way of this video where the youtuber explains his interview with a representative from Disney. Feel free to watch the whole thing if you'd like:
We’ve talked about a couple weeks back. Sora seems more likely now that it’s been cleared up. But we have to wait and see who’s the third party for this game.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think we found our new Ridley fanbase...
I had that thought after Ridley was revealed and Waluigi was CONFIRMED as an assist trophy. He's the new character that the West is going to ***** and moan about til he's playable. People just can't ever be pleased :p

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

I think the biggest issue when it comes to sora is that you wouldn't be able to incorporate donald and goofy without paying an absurd amount of money for them. Those guys and the general disney half of kingdom hearts are kind of important when it comes to properly representing kingdom hearts tbh

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I feel as if there's barely any hype for this game. The months leading up to Smash 4 was much more intense and the DLC season was something else entirely.

Melee clone returns in Smash 4, the entire internet explodes. Reaction videos gets millions of views.

All previous characters return in Smash 5, barely anyone cares. "Oh, okay. Cool", "That's neat", et cetera.

This entire thing feels like a boring rehash of Smash 4 and I think it's going to be a major financial disappointment for Nintendo. In my opinion there doesn't seem to be enough new content to warrant a new literation of Smash on the Switch.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Alright here's a quick thought on the BOTW stage. Anyone else think that it could be one of those stages that changes up a little every time you play it? What I mean by that is whenever you choose the stage, it selects from 3 or 4 different towers in BOTW to play on. The stage plays identical in all variations except it has a different background and different background character. We could have the Lanayru Tower with Sidon in the background, the Tabantha Tower with Teba in the Background, the Gerudo Tower with Kass in the background (He was there in the game), etc. It's really unlikely but it's possible the demo version just shows us one version of the stage.

?????????????

Smash Master
Nah, Waluigi isn't comparable to Ridley as he doesn't have his equivalent to Ridley's "Too Big" meme.
Ohhhhhhhh don't be so sure.

I may have """""predicted""""" Ridley to appear in Smash Bros, but now all the negative comments on my videos are geared towards Waluigi.

"Pfft, idiot! Waluigi can't be playable, he's never been in a MAIN Mario game! He can't even be a Wario character; he'll NEVER be in Smash Bros."

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I feel as if there's barely any hype for this game. The months leading up to Smash 4 was much more intense and the DLC season was something else entirely.

Melee clone returns in Smash 4, the entire internet explodes. Reaction videos gets millions of views.

All previous characters return in Smash 5, barely anyone cares. "Oh, okay. Cool", "That's neat", et cetera.

This entire thing feels like a boring rehash of 4. I think it's going to be a major financial disappointment for Nintendo. In my opinion there doesn't seem to be enough new content to warrant a new literation of Smash on the Switch.
The Smash Ultimate video that Nintendo uploaded two days ago on YouTube has over 2 million views.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

Not sure why, but I've been listening to this song all day. It really gives off that feeling of bringing everything and everyone together for this Smash game. Feels very uplifting, emotional, and pleasant. Especially the first 40 seconds of it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

This entire thing feels like a boring rehash of 4. I think it's going to be a major financial disappointment for Nintendo. In my opinion there doesn't seem to be enough new content to warrant a new literation of Smash on the Switch.
Every Smash game initially called "just like previous one".

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Alright here's a quick thought on the BOTW stage. Anyone else think that it could be one of those stages that changes up a little every time you play it? What I mean by that is whenever you choose the stage, it selects from 3 or 4 different towers in BOTW to play on. The stage plays identical in all variations except it has a different background and different background character. We could have the Lanayru Tower with Sidon in the background, the Tabantha Tower with Teba in the Background, the Gerudo Tower with Kass in the background (He was there in the game), etc. It's really unlikely but it's possible the demo version just shows us one version of the stage.
But wasn't it called the Great Plateau Tower, rather than, say, Sheikah Tower?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
We’ve talked about a couple weeks back. Sora seems more likely now that it’s been cleared up. But we have to wait and see who’s the third party for this game.
This is more of a rallying cry than a discussion starter.
I think the biggest issue when it comes to sora is that you wouldn't be able to incorporate donald and goofy without paying an absurd amount of money for them. Those guys and the general disney half of kingdom hearts are kind of important when it comes to properly representing kingdom hearts tbh
Buuuut, I have to say this, Donald and Goofy are not at all required to be with Sora. Not even as trophy support. If they were that important, they would've been your support characters in Kingdom Hearts 3D instead of dream eaters. This isn't really an issue.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace

You're allowed to feel and think whatever you want, but to say his game has no hype surrounding it and that 'nobody cares' is simply incorrect and ignorant. Just because you're salty about fewer newcomers doesn't mean you have to say the game will flop, come on

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It is weird how big the outcry for Ridley was compared to the general "Meh" attitude now. People always want the next thing. I guarantee you if Waluigi was announced, people on here would be complaining that another character didn't make it in, and would act like "Well duh we already knew Waluigi was in, even though I acted like it would be a huge deal if he got in over the past 5 years"

PlayfulMushroom PlayfulMushroom I've seen tons of hype. Also, I have actually seen hype for this among my friends who own Switch's and want to get it. I was the only person in my group to have Smash 4.

Considering how well the Switch is selling, it's actually primed to do quite well. You may be right - but I'd be surprised.

With how much I hated the bulky Wii U, I would take a straight port on the Switch, it's just so much more convenient to play.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Everything I've seen from pretty much the whole internet is hype. The only people who aren't hyped are the people who actually wanted cuts and were happy characters were regulated to one game. Well, and the Melee fanbase which still refuses to move on from a 17 year old, heavily dated title.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

I'm sorry you feel that way but I'm ****ing hype.

"This game is gonna be unsuccessful financially." Dude....it was like one of 5 widely successful titles on the WII U (which says a lot considering the terrible reception of the Wii U)! This is the Switch and its one of the most recognizable game series of all time. Its going to be a success.

This is why speculation isn't for everyone. Some people set their expectations WAY too high. The game is great. Melee players will still play Melee but everyone else is getting this game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

This entire thing feels like a boring rehash of Smash 4 and I think it's going to be a major financial disappointment for Nintendo. In my opinion there doesn't seem to be enough new content to warrant a new literation of Smash on the Switch.
Have you SEEN the reactions to Snake alone. Plus the Wii U bombing means not a lot of people played Smash 4 and thus would likely want to pick this up on the Switch

osby

Smash Obsessed
It is weird how big the outcry for Ridley was compared to the general "Meh" attitude now. People always want the next thing. I guarantee you if Waluigi was announced, people on here would be complaining that another character didn't make it in, and would act like "Well duh we already knew Waluigi was in, even though I acted like it would be a huge deal if he got in over the past 5 years"
People are always going to focus on what ISN'T in the game.

?????????????

Smash Master

Can't speak for others, but I absolutely FREAKED OUT at the prospect of all veterans returning. So did my friend LordJackal LordJackal and our other friend Tyler. We all recorded our reactions and we were blown away.

Honestly, I was much more excited by that than Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom