• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Marth is speaking in English now, does that mean Roy will get the same treatment as well? I don't remember them making a comment on that.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Looks like King Dedede can inhale used Gordos for another attack. I wonder how that can be used.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Look at the website. Ridley is number 65 but they say 66 characters. Looks like Simon Belmont reveal is soon.
Oh, wow. If he's revealed at the tournament that would just top off an absolutely amazing Smash showing. Feels like we're being spoiled and I love it!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Have they said anything on if returning veterans like Wolf would get amiibo?

Iridium

Smash Hero

R.O.B.'s down throw apparently now buries opponents. This is probably the only one I have ever seen that can do that.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If we're lucky we might get a newcomer every month before release. So about five more characters, with maybe a few more echo fighter added at the last minute before development wraps up.

And then there is potential DLC for next year.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So a while back Nintendo acknowledged Daisy randomly. Today she was revealed for Smash Bros.

Super Mario RPG had a weird tweet on it's anniversary which they never really acknowledged before.

Were there any similar tweets and maybe there's a pattern there to find out some newcomers?

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
If Simon gets revealed during the Tournament i'm going to officially call Vergeben, "The Smash Prophet".

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
So a while back Nintendo acknowledged Daisy randomly. Today she was revealed for Smash Bros.

Super Mario RPG had a weird tweet on it's anniversary which they never really acknowledged before.

Were there any similar tweets and maybe there's a pattern there to find out some newcomers?
Chibi Robo intensifies

Also they randomly acknowledged Geno and Mallow recently. Maaaaybe there's something there.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alph is still only an alternate costume of Olimar apparently. I don't know why they didn't make him an echo character, seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Gotta admit, it hurts seeing Krystal and Waluigi (two of my wanted fighters) already deconfirmed right off the bat, even though I’m hyped as heck regardless.

Goes to show this won’t be our ideal roster we’re hoping for, heck I won’t be suprised if Dixie becomes an assist as well.

With Ridley finally playable, I’d practically be expecting K.Rool unless he gets left out for the third time and becomes Ridley 2.

Yeah, it’s very likely they’ll be focusing on veterans this time while newcomers are low priority which means there may only be 3 or 4 more.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
More likeyou are setting your expectionsin the wrong place in my opinion...

It is definitely the best and obvious thing that they have EVERYONE BACK, my complaint on Smash 4 was indeed that Ice Climbers didn't return.

And hell, it's coming out in December so I aware there will new comers down the line.

So yeah... I might get bodied when saying this,
Anyone who is disappointed on this new Smash Bros game are hypocrites... but still guys no offense this is just my opinion...

How in the world does that make me a hypocrite? Honest question.

If you look at my post history I've always been pro cut. I've never wanted everyone to come back. And what disappoints me, is less that the characters are in the game, and more than Sakurai literally said that that was the focus and to thus not expect many newcomers. That disappoints me. I get plenty of people want everyone back and that's fine. In fact I'm happy for them. I'm not go say the world is ending, I'm still gonna get the game, and I'm still going to enjoy it I'm sure. But I can do all of those things while being disappointed in the roster.

Newcomers have always been the most exciting part of smash games for me. And beyond that part of why I love smash, beyond the gameplay, is how everything Nintendo comes together as a celebration of NIntendo history. And tbh, I wish the roster of playable characters reflected that more.

But ultimately, the point is not everyone wants the same thing and that doesn't make people whose opinions differ hypocrites.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
ultra.png

mask.png

galac.png

It's nice to see how all the Kirby characters got some of their goodies from more recent games. I think the idea of "Sakurai is biased towards his own Kirby games" can be dismissed now.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Gotta admit, it hurts seeing Krystal and Waluigi (two of my most wanted fighters) already deconfirmed right off the bat, even though I’m hyped as heck regardless.

Goes to show this won’t be our ideal roster we’re hoping for, heck I won’t be suprised if Dixie becomes an assist as well.

With Ridley finally playable, I’d practically be expecting K.Rool unless he gets left out for the third time and becomes Ridley 2.

Yeah, it’s very likely they’ll be focusing on veterans this time while newcomers are low priority which means there may only be 3 or 4 more.
I would only expect K. Rool if he was highly requested in Japan as well honestly. Sakurai specifically stated that most of Ridley's support was from the Western audience, and I doubt that they'll give two characters like that, especially considering that there's going to be very few newcomers. I'll gladly be wrong, though.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Okay... as long as Verg is somehow only wrong about Simon... I don't have to eat another damn shoe... come on... I know he was right about everything else, but just be wrong about this 1 thing. Also I think there are literally only going to be 66 characters, so one more reveal. (But we've determined I'm always wrong so there will be 10 newcomers)

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
I actually got everything I wanted and more.

This feels...weird? But the game already looks better than Smash 4's entirety no offense to any Sm4sh fans but this is like the quality smash I've been waiting for for almost a decade now.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Has anyone been posting impressions from the demo build? Have a ton of questions about the mechanics

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Okay... as long as Verg is somehow only wrong about Simon... I don't have to eat another damn shoe... come on... I know he was right about everything else, but just be wrong about this 1 thing. Also I think there are literally only going to be 66 characters, so one more reveal. (But we've determined I'm always wrong so there will be 10 newcomers)
I think (or at least, hope) that the '66 characters' thing was meant for E3. I really can't see them being done with characters after E3, and we just get nothing on the game until then. I still think we have 3/4 more newcomers to go through.

Puff-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
iiFoxx_Puffii
Lucina apparently has a new move. Maybe it's her up smash or up b. I could not find anything like this in the Marth footage we got.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll just mention that Donkey Kong's voice portrayal still isn't Takashi Nagasako. This is bad news for Diddy Kong and Bowser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom