• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, Samus is still Other M Samus. There's no sign of Samus Returns Samus. Thank god Ridley didn't get the Other M treatment.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
At this point I'm curious to what stages DIDN'T come back. I think I even saw one of Melee's Mushroom Kingdom stages. Looking forward to the list someone is obviously going to make.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
I'm so ecstatic right now due to Daisy's inclusion that I made an account lol. Do you guys think that the echoes characters will get their own spot on the roster or will it be like the Koopalings?
They will likely be treated the same as clone from previous games, being next to the character they "echo".

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well I am pretty shocked as a whole. Not only did they not not cut anyone but they literally brought back everyone. It was quite a shock and a surprise to be hold on top of Ridley being announced. It was quite an amazing scene to see.

Now that's I've had some time to calm down I do have a few concerns in regards to the direction. The main reason I thought cuts were necessary was because usually in order to develop a new game, balance it, and provide new features is the reasons cuts were made. Nowm it does seem like they're recycling a lot of old material in order maintain that number of characters to reduce that issue. I am just concerned that they are banking a lot of the old at the cost of the new.

Now it's too early to say whether this will be good or bad, it depends how much they do going forward.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
So I noticed how they showed Luigi and Yoshi at the end of the returning characters like they were both an afterthought, but meanwhile neither of them show off their Final Smash in their character video but everyone else does. What is specific about Luigi and Yoshi I wonder...

Also I hope y'all are watching these videos because they're deconfirming other possible newcomers by showing off more trophies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I noticed Luigi's stance changed a little bit in some aspects. He also kneels and spins when he does the green missle, which is neat.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hi all. Guess who's back.

So, all characters returning and Ridley is playable. Guess the rumors were true after all. I'm quite happy about it.

Also, Ganondorf now uses his sword for Smash attacks. Looking nice.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Unless they fundamentally changed the way physics work in Smash and/or specifically put a flag to stop the momentum of an airdodge when landing just to prevent it, then definitely yes.
If the airdodge landing lag from Smash 4 is still present, wavedashing won't really be that practical since it'll be so laggy. Plus, doing so stales your other types of dodges.
I guess we'll find out for real if wavedashing works during the Invitational, though.

Iridium

Smash Hero
ss_3.jpg
So, this is Ganondorf. Very interesting how Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are all based off of different games, shattering even more continuity. He looks like a serious threat though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Dude.

Let Ridley be an example.

NEVER give up.

EVER.
Doesn’t matter, he’s gone. And he’s left me too when we were supposed to be in this together.

I guess I have less of a reason to be here anymore...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
When you use PK Thunder, it'll tell you what direction you're gonna fly in. It took me 5 minutes to upload this so I may be pretty late but.

pk.png

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Guys Tingle seems to be absent from the Great Bay stage, and we haven't seen him as an Assist Trophy. Could it be?
IMG_1329.PNG
Is it possible that he's playable?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Anybody here remembers that Miis now have voices? Things cannot get any weirder than this.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I hope this isn't the final order that the characters will have, because it looks like a mess. And yes, I know is the order the characters were added to smash, but still is a mess.

928.jpg

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The different design choices for Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. As well as having two younger versions of Link?

It could really indicate a Zelda newcomer could be anyone from across the series.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
The interface looks great, and I love the new designs for new characters. Star Fox got a lot of love this time around, so I'm happy.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The different design choices for Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. As well as having two younger versions of Link?

It could really indicate a Zelda newcomer could be anyone from across the series.
I really wanted Midna in smash, but her assist trophy appearence tells me that isn't happening.

kylexv

Smash Master
A definitive Smash Bros. game to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Smash. What a time we live in.
Also, the character icons are on the website somewhere, if Smashboards wants to add them.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I hope this isn't the final order that the characters will have, because it looks like a mess. And yes, I know is the order the characters were added to smash, but still is a mess.

View attachment 147859
I know It's very unlikely but hopefully they will give us the option to customize the roster layout if their going to order the default roster like that...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jigglypuff's video has that warp star thingy from Mario Galaxy as an item (or at least I don't recall them being in Kalos). It knocks you back in a certain direction.

Peach also lets Toad do all the dirty in her grabs now it seems.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's freaking me out now that I just noticed Bowser has a darker default skin tone. I guess the Mario 64 palette doesn't suit him anymore.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I think this game does not even need more newcomers. If they told us this was the final roster I would not even be bothered.

But the more the merrier.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Galacta Knight themed skin for Meta Knight is also under the About page towards the bottom in the scrolling pictures. He has a pink version of his sword, as well as Galacta Knight mask details

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone else here saw, but there was someone on 4chan yesterday who actually leaked the direct. I believe they left out Fire Emblem, but they had everything else: Super Mario Party, Daisy, Ridley, and all characters returning.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Seeing Pichu, Squirtle and Ivysaur come back is like a dream come true. I cannot believe that actually happened. Also, the new changes to the Pokemon Trainer look promising.

So we have 3 different versions of Link..... But only two different versions of Mario confirmed....

Hmmmm....

:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom