• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think about another newcomer reveal at the invitational? Do you think it’ll happen?

I think so, but I think it’s slightly less likely now since there aren’t going to be as many newcomers this time around.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Some comments on the trailer:

1 is that I previously said that I wouldn't like it if Daisy got in, but now that it has actually happened, I realize that I don't really mind at all. She looks nice, and she does fit, so congrats Daisy fans!

Also, I like their decision of bringing in LBW Zelda rather than BotW Zelda. I think it works well, and it makes Zelda less dreary (Than TP Zelda) and much more expressive.

The "Everyone is Here" Trailer is incredible, there is no way to describe the feelings that evoked. Just amazing.

The only thing I'm a little iffy on is Mr. G&W's new animations. They look a bit awkward, but I'm sure I'll get used to them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Alright alright, I found Corneria. It's back. All is right with the world.
Phew ^_^;

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Not even me, a hardcore speculator, could have predicted Daisy playable as a last-minute clone with every fighter returning. I just jizzed my pants on that single Smash Bros segment. I should have figured that Sakurai would go for the dreamiest route. I am so glad to be wrong about my predictions right now.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
YEEEEEEEEESSS EVERYONE IS COMING BACK! I'm still recovering from the shock, Nintendo won E3 with a single game! But most importantly MY BOY WOLF IS THERE AGAAAAAAAIN!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wow. Just wow. This game is the ultimate Smash Brothers game. It's roster already has 66 characters confirmed, and we're just scratching the surface.

I'd guess we've got anywhere from 4 - 5 newcomers left for the base game. Worst case scenario, if Vergeben is still correct on his Simon Belmont claim, Simon could be the last newcomer for the base game, but that by no means is bad. This is still the best Smash Bros. roster by far. And I'm glad that they're taking time to refine every character with small changes (SHULK BUFFS).

And DLC.

DLC.

Even if we get just 7 characters like last game, that's 7 new characters. Without veterans to include, who knows who could get in. With echo fighters we could get so many more characters as they seem so easy to make. Think about the possibilities. DLC packs with 1 or 2 new characters and 2 or 3 echo fighters.

God I'm so hyped.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’ll be pissed if Daisy fans start rubbing their faces in towards Waluigi fans like myself, since those two always conflicted.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Well I'm glad that everyone gets to come back to Smash even my boy Wolf. And congrats to finally getting Ridley it was a long time coming :)

On a side note.

Hi Lyn... and goodbye, I'll see you in limbo from time to time :(

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
All the characters returning is something I didn't know I wanted.

Kudos to the members that held their ground on no cuts and stood for full inclusion.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wow uh, I went into this not expecting a whole lot, and still came out disappointed. I know I know, everyone should be happy, but he just confirmed that they're doing everything that I don't want. Few new characters, everyone back, Daisy, Bomberman as an assist trophy, Ridley. Literally everything ranges from something I actively don't want to at best something I don't care about (Daisy and Ridley). The fact that we have 3 Links (billed as a good thing during the direct) is honestly just silly to me and a little insulting to every other Zelda character. And Bomberman as an assist trophy is actually insulting tbh. The mechanics seem good maybe, but I don't feel like commenting on that really since I haven't played.

Also Pichu back. Really? Ugh. Gross.

But all of that is fine really if they added new characters too, but based on what Sakurai said it sounds like we're getting all the old characters instead of many new ones. Aka a whole bunch of characters I don't like/want in exchange for all my hopes and dreams. lol

Anyway sorry, I'm in my feels. I really went in not expecting a whole lot, but this is still somehow worse than I thought possible.
More likeyou are setting your expectionsin the wrong place in my opinion...

It is definitely the best and obvious thing that they have EVERYONE BACK, my complaint on Smash 4 was indeed that Ice Climbers didn't return.

And hell, it's coming out in December so I aware there will new comers down the line.

So yeah... I might get bodied when saying this,
Anyone who is disappointed on this new Smash Bros game are hypocrites... but still guys no offense this is just my opinion...

Pakky

Smash Hero
I want to apologize I've always said Pokemon would never go above 6 I was wrong.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
If daisy fans get overzealous and rub it in our faces?

I wouldn't blame them. After how long everyone put them down and advocated for Waluigi I'd say that they earned it.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why is Snake touching behind his ear? Is that where his Codec is?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I hope you all enjoy your Smash game because I am ****ng done with this community, period.

A character I've wanted for many ****ing years is confirmed to an Assist Trophy and will NEVER be playable again. This is it, game over. Why should I do this for Smash 7 anymore? The dream is dead and I have less of a reason to be here anymore. Period.

Good bye and don't even bother sending me any weak messages about "Please don't go Azure. you are just that important to this community." That's bull*** and you all know it. I am sure YoshiandToad YoshiandToad will be happy that I am gone in the first place.

Later.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I hope you all enjoy your Smash game because I am ****ng done with this community, period.

A character I've wanted for many ****ing years is confirmed to an Assist Trophy and will NEVER be playable again. This is it, game over. Why should I do this for Smash 7 anymore? The dream is dead and I have less of a reason to be here anymore. Period.

Good bye and don't even bother sending me any weak messages about "Please don't go Azure. you are just that important to this community." That's bull*** and you all know it. I am sure YoshiandToad YoshiandToad will be happy that I am gone in the first place.

Later.
Byes, have a nice day!

Khao

Smash Lord
I'm dying. Not only no cuts. Everyone's back. Wolf. Pichu. Young Link even, as redundant as he is, Ice Climbers, ****ing Snake! Even Squirtle and Ivysaur made it back!

And we get mother****ing Ridley (fake) and Daisy as a Peach clone!

This is 68 characters.

68 characters.

And that's just for the day the game was announced. Even with only a few additional newcomers, this is unreal. We're actually getting a Smash with 70+ characters.

(Also directional airdodges are back, are they doing that just to please wavedash fans? lol, if so that's awesome and kind of hilarious.)

LordofSadFace

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-4270-3394

Later.
hey, dont be a cry baby, Little Mac was an Assist Trophy first and he became a playable character on the next installment, dont lose hopes on Bomberman

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Later.
Dude.

Let Ridley be an example.

NEVER give up.

EVER.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I wonder if there'll be any more newcomers revealed during E3? I'm guessing that we're gonna get at least 2-3 more.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Now that I'm thinking about it though. I really hope that the Smash community finds some way to make Miis tournament legal. I hope that maybe the new Smash will include a default mii for each class or something. Because I'm tired of not being able to play one of some of my favorite characters competitively.
I'm glad that they're at least making a way for us to play them online in the actual game though, that's really great!

Also, on another note, I wonder if/when we'll be getting amiibo for all the characters that don't have one yet. I'll be interested to see what they look like.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Wow.

Just wow.

I'm not sure that could've been more epic. My old main returning alongside EVERYONE and Ridley with the hypest trailer of all time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Looks like the impossible has been achieved if every fighter in the Super Smash Bros. series has managed to return. Daisy joining the ranks of Lucina and Dark Pit was an unexpected twist, but knowing that the developers finally found a way to make Ridley work was the biggest news.

However, it is sad knowing that Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, Giga Mac, and Mega Lucario have lost their fully playable status.

On a side note, the damage meter now displays decimal values.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
With the return of Directional Air Dodges, does that mean wavedashing is back?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm confused. If Pokemon Trainer is back, does that mean Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are back to being transformables?
No. They're separate characters. Zelda's character video shows her using her down-special and Samus' final smash (shown in the trailer) does not revert her to her Zero Suit.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Speechless.

That Everyone Here is Trailer with that music playing. Beautiful.

Ridley's trailer was the most amazing thing the space pirate could have hoped for. What an amazing presentation for Smash Bros.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm confused. If Pokemon Trainer is back, does that mean Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are back to being transformables?
Doesn't look like it. Sheik still has bouncing fish, and also Sheik and Zelda are in completely different styles. As far as ZSS goes, they already showed her Final Smash, in which she does not revert to Power Suit. Lastly, they appear to be their own slots on the website, whereas Pokemon Trainer is all under one spot.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Site seems like it'll be really slow for a while so I just wanted to chime in really quick.

Wow, that was an amazing reveal! I can safely say this is the best Smash game without even having to play it. The fact that every character (and almost every stage, it seems) is returning, including Snake, Ice Climbers, and Wolf, makes up for the fact that there won't be too many newcomers, but I still hope they show one more before E3's over.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Also, he said don't expect many new characters. My guesses would be Rex & Pyra, Celica/Three Houses Protagonist, maybe Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, and Monika

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom