• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Doesn't look like it. Sheik still has bouncing fish, and also Sheik and Zelda are in completely different styles. As far as ZSS goes, they already showed her Final Smash, in which she does not revert to Power Suit. Lastly, they appear to be their own slots on the website, whereas Pokemon Trainer is all under one spot.
I'm not gonna lie, that kinda sucks for Charizard mains. Yeah, stamina is no longer a thing, but still...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I love how in the Treehouse Live you can hear the Smash theme playing the background, like it's reminding you that it's there and that it's the top b**** at Nintendo E3.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
I'm so ecstatic right now due to Daisy's inclusion that I made an account lol. Do you guys think that the echoes characters will get their own spot on the roster or will it be like the Koopalings?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm not gonna lie, that kinda sucks for Charizard mains. Yeah, stamina is no longer a thing, but still...
While in an ideal world, they're all separate, the lack of the stamina mechanic makes this extremely worth it to me. I was a Pokemon Trainer main in Brawl, so a straight up buff is very, very welcome to me.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Also, he said don't expect many new characters. My guesses would be Rex & Pyra, Celica/Three Houses Protagonist, maybe Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, and Monika
I think it’s very likely Simon, a xenoblad rep, then 4-5 others

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The free two spaces on the amiibo casing for inkling and ridley is making me nervous that daddy sakurai isn't finished with us yet.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
That was perhaps the single greatest trailer I have ever seen in my whole life. That's a ton of characters and there's even more to come, can't wait for the coming months and see what happens!

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to say that we'll see a DK newcomer but that's the only safe bet I have to be honest, though I'd love to see another Mario, Zelda, and Kirby character.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Interesting that Dr. Mario is not an "echo character" but Dark Pit and Lucina are. I think I might know why but still find that interesting nonetheless.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Just wanted to say that the Vergeben leak hasn't been completely confirmed yet, as we haven't seen Simon Belmont. That may change, and Vergeben is definitely legit, he's not 100% yet.

Hopefully we see Simon at the Invitational tonight, that'd be hype AF.

D

Deleted member

RIDLEY revealed!
Also SNAKE REVELAED!
This roster is the best roster by far. :)
I have came from school, and it was worth it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Detractors: “Damn genwunners. We don’t need too many 1st gen Pokémon in Smash. We need 7th and 8th gen Pokemon.”

Sakurai: “Here you go.” :002::006::007::025::039::150:

Arcadenik: “Please add this Pokémon...” :052:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dr. Mario and Mario have completely separate down specials and down-airs unlike the echo characters where its just copy/pasted for all moves outside of any different amount of % and knockback.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think the Masuda tweets at Sakurai would be in reference to the return of Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. I don't think we're getting any more Pokemon honestly. Based on Sakurai's comments about newcomers, I'm expecting maybe 5 more on top of Ridley and Inklings, making 7 total. Maybe a couple more Echo Fighters if we're lucky. As far as who I'm expecting the remaining newcomers to be, I'm thinking Simon Belmont and potentially Rayman. I have no idea what to expect of the rest, though.

RedMarf78

Smash Cadet
Given that Sakurai said, "I hope you don't expect too many character" I'm only expecting like 2 or 3 more. Also, still crossing fingers for a proper storymode. When you think about, they didn't actually really reveal much. A bunch of Final smash stuff, but little to no mention of actual mechanics, game changes or modes

Edit: Did anyone else notice the clunky looking physics?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also, he said don't expect many new characters. My guesses would be Rex & Pyra, Celica/Three Houses Protagonist, maybe Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, and Monika
What about everyone's most infamous Kremling tyrant? He too is waiting to know his fate.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.
THEY ACTUALLY DID IT.
EVERY FIGHTER IN SMASH HISTORY IS IN.
SNNNAAAAKKKKEEEE. RIIIDDDLLLEEEYYY.
IF THIS IS GOING TO BE SAKURAI'S LAST SMASH, THEN HE'S DOING SO WITH A BANG.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So I guess we'll be calling clones "Echo fighters" from now on hm? This will be jarring after two decades of calling them clones....

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Someone brought up a interesting point in the K. rool thread about how we now know this game is heavily reusing Smash Wii U assets and what it could mean for the K. Rool Mii costume.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Website is up, so i'm working on roster maker Icons. Will post them later today.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I noticed that DK lifts people on his shoulder rather than carrying them like barrels now. Or maybe that's just with Peach for the reference.
speaking of references is that final smash a j

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So seeing that Ridley and Inkling are going to get their own Amiibo, I wonder if it is going to be the same for Pichu, Young Link, Snake, Ice Climbers & Wolf will be getting their own Amiibo?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Apparently Dr. Mario now has a spike/meteor smash, according to his trailer. Interesting. . .

monadoboy

Smash Lord
LUCINA IS BACK AND THEY FIXED MARTH'S HAIR. SPREAD OUT ZELDA REPS IS AWESOME. 10/10 REVEAL
I wonder if we'll get more Echo fighters, seems weird they'll just have one character for a brand new concept.
If anyone makes a list of all the things shown on the character vids please hmu with it

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Interesting that Dr. Mario is not an "echo character" but Dark Pit and Lucina are. I think I might know why but still find that interesting nonetheless.
The reason is probably very obvious once you look at how Smash 3DS / Wii U set him up; deals 1.12x more damage than Mario, and is less mobile overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom