• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
all we talk is elma, elma elma ( i liked the character though) but noone is talking the important stuff...

where is my silvanum stage?!

I NEED a silvanum stage.

(I really hope there is plenty of XCX content in the game.)

Noctilum stage would be better

although NLA makes the most sense, we have a lack of city stages anyway so I wouldn't be mad regardless

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Xenoblade will be overrepresented you say? Calling it now, next game's conquest mode will have Xenoblade front and center on it's art.

Smash is over.png

It'd only be following tradition. :troll:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I won't lie, I can barely read the latest leak due to how poorly it's worded. Summary please?
The Japanese one? Or the Disney free to play smash one?
The Japanese one is a imgur leak piggyback with the return of the wavedash
The Disney one claims smash will be a f2p title, mickey mouse sora and banjo will be playable characters

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You mean that one from the Reddit link? Its basically just the Imgur leak with some extra text if I recall them both correctly.
Ah, okay.

The Japanese one? Or the Disney free to play smash one?
The Japanese one is a imgur leak piggyback with the return of the wavedash
The Disney one claims smash will be a f2p title, mickey mouse sora and banjo will be playable characters
Reddit one. Disney one is beyond fake it hurts.

Return of Wavedash still sounds more believable than any non-game characters getting in, but not very believable either.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Great googley moogly, callin' BS on whatever this Disney rumor is right away!

Geez, about 5 days away & people are feeding on these feculent breadcrumbs like mollusks!? Temper your skepticism, folks!

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Also an interesting leak from the gaming spectrum: Just Cause 4 ads leaked early on Steam today. Whoops!
Hopefully we get some smash leaks over the next few days as well.

I really get the feeling some characters have already been leaked online, or that we'll see the demo roster before tuesday.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
In the wake of this Smash OC discussion. I've actually thought of a character actually managing to be unique, and be part of the Smash History.

Primid. Yes, the Primid character is simple, likeable (IMO), and could use a lot of different tools.
Sword Primid for Smash.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Also an interesting leak from the gaming spectrum: Just Cause 4 ads leaked early on Steam today. Whoops!
Hopefully we get some smash leaks over the next few days as well.

I really get the feeling some characters have already been leaked online, or that we'll see the demo roster before tuesday.
I sure hope not. Vergeben is having me on the edge as it is, and I want to be pleasantly surprised with B.W.F'N. Deeeeee something I never knew I wanted.

Nah, I actually like Corrin.
Have you played Fates? If so, how far did you go in which path(s)?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I really hope Xenoblade X Switch port gets revealed at E3, I super want to play the game, but I almost never have my Wii U with me anymore.
Monolith's president said they were thinking about it back in november, it's possible they could announce it now. I'd love that, and then X sequel after of course :p

You know what would most likely happen and will be a complete bummer?

A Primordia stage...

Yeah, iconic, but a little too similar to Gaur Plain
I'm bored just thinking about it :tired::tired:

at least it has big dinosaurs tho

Imagine a world where XCX content gets into smash, but the only music is NLA night and day themes

:061:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Okay, I want your reaction:

Chrom is added as a newcomer, but he's an Ike clone. Lucina returns as a Marth clone.
depends on how the rest of the roster looks. if the likes of Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby, Zelda, etc etc are given a little love too, then one more samey-feeling blue-haired sword boy makes no difference to me. but if other popular long-running series are neglected again while we continue to needlessly bloat Fire Emblem, then i'd be pretty peeved.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Have you played Fates? If so, how far did you go in which path(s)?
I have.

I have beaten Conquest.

Yes I still like Corrin.

No she isn't anywhere near the best but she isn't the worst.

That would be Ephriam.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But we're all in agreement that Corrin is hands down worst FE lord, right? Right!?
Even if I hate Corrin and Fates, Corrin's not the worst.

That honor falls to Fire Emblem Warriors protag man.
It would be bad enough if he was just another generic noble, but no, he's actually legitimately stupid, loud, and annoying.
At least he doesn't have his ass kissed as much as Corrin, but still that's a small positive compared to how annoying he is.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Ah, okay.

Reddit one. Disney one is beyond fake it hurts.

Return of Wavedash still sounds more believable than any non-game characters getting in, but not very believable either.
To be fair no one believed the Brawl and Smash 4 leaks. So when the real roster does get leak everyone will think that it is beyond fake.

A leak with Goku in it has a higher chance than a safe leak

I like Corrin too. He's theyre an idiot but they;re doing their best :X
and they're bi and they have a cool design and they're fun in smash
Monolith's president said they were thinking about it back in november, it's possible they could announce it now. I'd love that, and then X sequel after of course :p

I'm bored just thinking about it :tired::tired:

at least it has big dinosaurs tho

ONE TWO THREEE FOUR

Even back when I didnt like XCX, Noctilum was still a stage I really wanted.

Now I dont want NLA to be the stage JUST so we can have more of XCX's awesome soundtrack
:061:

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
A xenoblade chronicles 1 HD wouldnt be too shaby though... I dont have a 3ds, I refuse to get it on teh wii (plus is kinda hard) cause wiimote batteries, and i refuse to buy digitally something from a dead console (wiiu) :/

A Primordia stage...

Yeah, iconic, but a little too similar to Gaur Plain
Boring? yes, but at least it will be tolerable as long as it doesnt have a terrible layout like Gauir plains DX.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I still really hope we Get Xenoblade 2 content. Rex & Pyra, Leftherian Archipelago, Battle Theme 3, Morag Assist. I find it all more appealing than X. And I fear if they don't get in now, they won't get in at all. And the music!!! Mor Ardain is another must. Vs Rosa!! Counterattack!!! Vs Zeke!! So many good options!!

Roberk

Smash Champion
Okay, I want your reaction:

Chrom is added as a newcomer, but he's an Ike clone. Lucina returns as a Marth clone.
As much as it would kinda work, Awakening had its time in Smash 4. And Cipher. And Heroes. And Warriors. I'm actually playing through it right now so I'm pretty into Awakening stuff currently, but unless that Reawakening leak/rumor is true (and it's probably not) I think everyone can agree that Awakening (and maybe even Fates) can be put to rest with FE Switch. It's not even about clones, I'd be down for Alm/Seliph/Eliwood/Leif as clones of Marth and I think them and Chrom can bring something small but significant like Lucina with no tipper, but it just boils down to representation for me.

Having said that, I can definitely see Chrom as an Ike clone. Aether on Chrom can be a bit more diagonal to reflect what Chrom does in this cutscene. Eruption could have lightning effects to reflect the lighting within Chrom's moveset in Warriors. (Haven't played through all of Awakening, don't know if this is true to the Awakening source material.) Maybe dial his strength and lag back to increase speed. Maybe one or two of the specials or normal attacks could be entirely unique, idk.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
A xenoblade chronicles 1 HD wouldnt be too shaby though... I dont have a 3ds, I refuse to get it on teh wii (plus is kinda hard) cause wiimote batteries, and i refuse to buy digitally something from a dead console (wiiu) :/

Boring? yes, but at least it will be tolerable as long as it doesnt have a terrible layout like Gauir plains DX.
Honestly I'd rather wait for a Xenoblade 1 remakel, they still need to port X, make a sequel to X, they wanna do Xenoblade 3 and a new IP. Fitting the first game into that schedule doesn't reallyseem feasible, a full blown chronicles remake later on in the switches life would be a better way to go imo, plus it generally feels a little too soon for a full blown remake like it deserves

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Corrin is a densely-naïve, stale-as-toast, shallowly sympathic Kirito fill-in who gets everything magically handed to them throughout the plot & the universe revolves around them.

I have.

I have beaten Conquest.

Yes I still like Corrin.

No she isn't anywhere near the best but she isn't the worst.

That would be Ephriam.
Hmmm, what's wrong about Ephriam? Roy's also one I heard get thrown around a lot, but I think most of it has to do with his viability as a unit.

Here's my official activity log of Fire Emblem Fates. At this point, it's more of a question of what I HAVEN'T done.
View attachment 147294
Mmmmm, I think Awakening probably clocks in the most for my system. I bet Echoes might come second. Though Birthright & Conquest combined could be under Awakening (no thanks on Revelations.)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I still really hope we Get Xenoblade 2 content. Rex & Pyra, Leftherian Archipelago, Battle Theme 3, Morag Assist. I find it all more appealing than X. And I fear if they don't get in now, they won't get in at all. And the music!!! Mor Ardain is another must. Vs Rosa!! Counterattack!!! Vs Zeke!! So many good options!!
if they don't get in now they're a solid bet for DLC, I have the exact opposite problem, if X content doesn't get in now it's got no chance for this game unless a sequel comes around in time while DLC is still going on

?????????????

Smash Master
Corrin is a densely-naïve, stale-as-toast, shallowly sympathic Kirito fill-in who gets everything magically handed to them throughout the plot & the universe revolves around them.
Maybe, but the game sets them up for it; it makes sense in context. They lived a heavily sheltered lifestyle that was forced upon them, so their only life experience is through books and relationships with servants with occasional visits from siblings, and on top of that... Corrin HAS eight siblings all looking out for him/her. It's no wonder he/she is so well taken care of!

Mmmmm, I think Awakening probably clocks in the most for my system. I bet Echoes might come second. Though Birthright & Conquest combined could be under Awakening (no thanks on Revelations.)
I've actually also logged around 2500 hours on Awakening as well.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
A Primordia stage... Yeah, iconic, but a little too similar to Gaur Plain
Instead of doubling down on a biome type I'd really hope they just have cross-game music inclusion. So Gaur Plains gets Primordia and Gormotti field as tracks, same with whatever X/2 end up getting, Tantal on Sylvalum or Uraya on Noctilum would be great.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I haven't even played XC2 but I'd be legitimately disappointed if we didn't get Counterattack, Mor Ardain, You Will Recall Our Names, and/or my favorite: Zeke's Theme. I'm this close to buying XC2 just for the music lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom