• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I did my pokemon because bored!
View attachment 147210
I always feel like doing it by type skews results, because my top 10 defintely includes more ghosts and fairies, so instead I have to fit them in else where (Like Aegislash and Pumpkaboo). Still fun regardless. And yes I unironically love Jynx, fight me.

I'm really bad at resetera for some dumb reason, so could you link? I wanna read some of the reasoning.
Nothing against it at all, but I'm curious about Lunatone being your favorite rock type.

That aside, I'm gonna revel in all of this if the leak ends up crashing and burning, I don't really care if it's real or fake, I just wanna be able to tell everyone who 100% believed this leak "this is why you always take these things with a grain of salt" if it's fake.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
>People in ResetEra are willing to believe Emily Roger.
>She who said Splatoon2 doesn't exist and was a port, Said that Link could change gender and be a Girl in BOTW and said Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is bull****.

As much as Vergeben have a shaky reputation, Emily Roger isn't better at all.
Exactly. People there are just trusting their hometown insider because some kind of stupid internet nationalism. Someone in there even went as far as to call Emily the "most reputable insider", so that's where the resetera anti-Verg talk is coming from. There's literally nothing there we didn't already know, that being Verg's spotty track record. Nothing outright deconfirms him yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be very honest, I would've considered Lycanroc if it weren't for the fact that two of the three forms are quadrupedal. As popular as the Dusk Form might be, not being able to carry two-handed items without psychic powers or vines can be a rather heavy handicap, especially if the Daybreak happens to return.

At least Midnight Form Lycanroc's bipedal stature enables it to use such items.
:pikachu64: runs on all fours so it can't hold items and dash
:pichumelee: is the same
:squirtle: is the same
:ivysaur: isn't even bipedal so therefore Sakurai just programmed it to not be able to hold items
:4duckhunt:was also programmed to not hold items because it's literally a ****ing dog
This is the third time you said this. Please write it down because evidentally you have short term memory and can't remember these character in Smash. Lycanroc is absolute trash that will never happen but it can literally just hold the items in it's mouth like everyone else. It's a cartoon animal in a game where Peach pulls bombs from under her dress, people jump at LEAST twice and where you can't move at a 3d plane, I'm pretty sure they don't have to be realistic with a fictional creature

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
From what I can see in Resetera, they don't really have concrete evidence to call Verg a liar, also Emily is one of the people shooting down his claims, and she has also developed a history of getting plenty of things wrong while also getting some right. No point in looking into the resetera stuff til they find more solid proof imo. Not saying Verg is legit, but I'm not about to say those with a spotty history really have the ability to call him a liar either.
Emily said something about him? I didn't see that but that would conflict with what I was assuming (that she saw the roster and saw big names like Snake and Ridley)

But yea totally agree they aren't saying anything new, just harping on the past. I wish people actually discussed how his Konami leak could be false, that's actually a talking point.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I read the posts on Resetera. Just seems like people are being skeptical about Vergeben's track record. Nothing we weren't already aware of.

And as for Emily's statement, why are people even tying that into Vergeben's rumor? Pretty sure she said that before Vergeben even made his post about Ridley.
What did emily say?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The only thing I see there is a bunch of people in denial or very skeptical. Also some of them are basically saying Ridley is "deconfirmed" just because they don't believe Verg. Well guess what, Verg could still be wrong and Ridley could still be in anyways.
Looks like people's rageboners are proportional to how close we get to E3. Also, to Ridley.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Resetera thread is just completely confused lol, people are posting things out of context and are misunderstanding each other like crazy. Nothing has happened by the looks of it, Emily hasn't even said anything, the quotes they're bringing up from her are months old and were in relation to Memoryman going on GameFAQs and saying Emily teased Ridley when she didn't, they're just spinning it as if she's just deconfirmed Vergeben's leak. It's a mess lol.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Here are mine, done a few weeks ago ^^ I have several favorites for each type actually, but here's a few.
favoritos.jpg

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't recall saying or teasing anything in public (Twitter, Resetera, etc) about Ridley.

So I have no idea where that's even coming from.
This was Emily's response to the Memoryman rumor back in March that claimed she and other insiders hinted at Ridley. This has nothing to do with Vergeben, and Emily is not denying Ridley is in the game.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Exactly. People there are just trusting their hometown insider because some kind of stupid internet nationalism. Someone in there even went as far as to call Emily the "most reputable insider", so that's where the resetera anti-Verg talk is coming from. There's literally nothing there we didn't already know, that being Verg's spotty track record. Nothing outright deconfirms him yet.
I dunno if its the ridley glasses or what, but you guys seriously overlook how "spotty" his record is. Literally nobody here should have any faith in the man for the many reasons and FACTS mentioned in that thread.
Thats not to say ridley can't get in, but it is to say that this leak shouldn't be taken as gospel, or even held on even level with other leaks. If it's true, cool. Just know that it would bump his right to wrong ratio up to like 20/80.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Emily said something about him? I didn't see that but that would conflict with what I was assuming (that she saw the roster and saw big names like Snake and Ridley)

But yea totally agree they aren't saying anything new, just harping on the past. I wish people actually discussed how is Konami leak could be false, that's actually a talking point.
I don't mean Emily said something about him directly, but people on the thread are basically saying anyone but Emily is almost definitely bull****ting even though Emily has been bull****ting an awful lot of the time she leaks something :p Point is, don't pay any mind to resetera rn. There's nothing to learn over there.

?????????????

Smash Master
I dunno if its the ridley glasses or what, but you guys seriously overlook how "spotty" his record is. Literally nobody here should have any faith in the man for the many reasons and FACTS mentioned in that thread.
Thats not to say ridley can't get in, but it is to say that this leak shouldn't be taken as gospel, or even held on even level with other leaks. If it's true, cool. Just know that it would bump his right to wrong ratio up to like 20/80.
I thought everyone here was pretty reasonable about NOT taking this leak too seriously. Most people are skeptical to hopeful.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Nothing against it at all, but I'm curious about Lunatone being your favorite rock type.
I've always liked space stuff and specifically had an attachment to moon related mythology. Lunatone fits that, is Psychic which was my favorite type when gen 3 came out and has a really cool design in my oppinion.

As a kid I had ruby and thus couldn't catch it :(. In a future game (was it gen4? Idr) I finally did catch it and tried to use it on my team but realized it wasn't very good XD. Still love the design though Solrock is ugly btw

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So here's my top Pokémon of each type. I didn't do duplicates as some Pokémon I really like would be ignored
Pokelist2.jpg

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
>She who said Splatoon2 doesn't exist and was a port, Said that Link could change gender and be a Girl in BOTW and said Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is bull****.

Huh? Back in the day, sure, but she's been nailing it for the past year. The Switch specs she wss completely right on, Smash being annouced in a Direct, Pokemon Let's Go being announced in press event, She was the first to allude to this Star Fox Grand Prix, Nvidia being providing the chip for the Switch, Nailing the date and format of the January Direct, among other things. Being an admin on Resetera and now being a game developer herself has given her a lot more weight lately, due to the fact that she knows and has to verify numerous developers.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I mean if you read my posts you'll see I directly stated that I'm not saying Verg is legit.

Why does entertaining the leak and pointing out that there's still nothing deconfirming it mean I'm taking it as gospel? Literally just saying people on Resetera are saying one crap-slinger is lying because they aren't the crap-slinger they know and trust.

Verg has leaked things before, most notably TMNT in Injustice which nobody would just guess. He has insiders somewhere, they just aren't always legit. He's worth entertaining for now and people need to stop pretending he isn't.

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Has Emily Rogers said anything that contradicts Vergeben? Last I heard she just said stuff like the roster was surprising and it was supposed to be the "Ultimate Smash Roster"

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
While interforum wars and shade isn't good at all, their Smash thread have been a mess for the most part. So I wouldn't even pay attention to it.

Yes, but no one here believe any leaks. Me I'm just relaying a bunch of Rumors left and right because they usually bring some interesting discussion-
But no way in hell I believe them, I've been the first one to say so.
Don't trust anything. Don't put yourself into Disappointment and never think any Characters is a shoe in.

Also Emily Roger isn't better at all when it comes to Switch's leaks, I think she's been practically completely wrong from start to end. And got absolutely destroyed by some Anon in 4chan who leaked the whole Switch Presentation in January that she called 100%Bull**** and Thought Mario Odyssey was a launch title.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
He has a spotty record. But when he gets it right, HE GETS IT RIGHT.

If he is so confident with his source, i think he gets this right.

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
He has a spotty record. But when he gets it right, HE GETS IT RIGHT.

If he is so confident with his source, i think he gets this right.
Yeah. Vergeben doesn't have a very good record. I'm going 50/50 with this one.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759

> implying that she doesn’t have a list at least 5 times bigger than vergeben of things she’s gotten right

lol

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
The Resetera thread is just completely confused lol, people are posting things out of context and are misunderstanding each other like crazy. Nothing has happened by the looks of it, Emily hasn't even said anything, the quotes they're bringing up from her are months old and were in relation to Memoryman going on GameFAQs and saying Emily teased Ridley when she didn't, they're just spinning it as if she's just deconfirmed Vergeben's leak. It's a mess lol.
Has Emily Rogers said anything that contradicts Vergeben? Last I heard she just said stuff like the roster was surprising and it was supposed to be the "Ultimate Smash Roster"
Nothing at all. She speaks only when necessary, which is smart.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm more familiar with first three gens.

2cbb1f88c9899acbbd2e9051564fec29.jpg

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Pokemon Let's Go being announced in press event,
Which was a 4chan leaks first in April.

> implying that she doesn’t have a list at least 5 times bigger than vergeben of things she’s gotten right

lol
So we play who have a bigger E-penis?
The fact is that She's getting things AWFULLY wrong when it comes to Nintendo First Party titles.
I'm still waiting on my Smash 4/Splatoon port.

What's good to understand is that people need to be wary of Both Vergeben who have a shaky record and Emily who's not all sunshine and Rainbow too when it comes to Nintendo.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

lol
I mean the fact of the matter is she's gotten things wrong in her time, as has Vergeben. But they've both been right on occasion too, so until something actually deconfirms this leak we shouldn't dismiss it. If you want us to stop talking about the Verg leak, give me solid evidence that its fake. I'm not saying its correct, but I'm not saying its wrong until we know.

Really this isn't even about Emily, the only reason she's even coming up is because resetera was trying to say Vergeben is a liar with no evidence, and the same people were saying Emily is the only trustworthy leaker, which is a load of garbage.

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Which was a 4chan leaks first in April.

So we play who have a bigger E-penis?
The fact is that She's getting things AWFULLY wrong when it comes to Nintendo First Party titles.
I'm still waiting on my Smash 4/Splatoon port.

What's good to understand is that people need to be wary of Both Vergeben who have a shaky record and Emily who's not all sunshine and Rainbow too when it comes to Nintendo.
Oh I absolutely agree with your point. Neither of them are to be trusted 100%, and both get things wrong all the time. All I was trying to say with my post was that Emily Rogers is definitely a more established leaker. Doesn’t mean she is to be completely trusted.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
While interforum wars and shade isn't good at all, their Smash thread have been a mess for the most part. So I wouldn't even pay attention to it.

Yes, but no one here believe any leaks. Me I'm just relaying a bunch of Rumors left and right because they usually bring some interesting discussion-
But no way in hell I believe them, I've been the first one to say so.
Don't trust anything. Don't put yourself into Disappointment and never think any Characters is a shoe in.

Also Emily Roger isn't better at all when it comes to Switch's leaks, I think she's been practically completely wrong from start to end. And got absolutely destroyed by some Anon in 4chan who leaked the whole Switch Presentation in January that she called 100%Bull**** and Thought Mario Odyssey was a launch title.
shoo-in.

Just raising awareness. common misspelling.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
This might be nitpicky, but it’s kinda hard to prove a negative.
He's been so adamant on specific details that it won't be hard once E3 hits. His entire leak is based around E3. Point is, nothing has been revealed that deconfirms his leak, and there's even been some evidence come out in favor of at least one of his sources.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I agree with both of you. Be skeptical of any and all rumors.

For everyone's sake, I hope Verge is right, though.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Regarding believing the Vergeben leak...I'm convinced he has some information but not confirmed it's the right information.

For example he got the new Konami games right, a multiplatform compilation game and a new action/adventure, but we don't have confirmation that they are even Castlevania titles. Till then I'll still be waiting.

That compilation game will probably be announced before Nintendo's event right? Seeing as it's multiplatform

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
He's been so adamant on specific details that it won't be hard once E3 hits. His entire leak is based around E3. Point is, nothing has been revealed that deconfirms his leak, and there's even been some evidence come out in favor of at least one of his sources.
And to add to this. Smash Bros IS usually a game Leakers are wary to share information on until they're 100% sure of it because it's the Saint Graal of games to leak.

Probably why Emily herself decided to only play it vague.

If Vergeben is wrong on that one. NO ONE will EVER trust him ever again on the internet

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
What? The burden of proof falls onto the leaker. It’s not our responsibility to deconfirm it, but for HIM to provide sufficient evidence for it, since he is making the claim.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That's just silly! You put your feet in shoes, and you shoo people out!
I just pointlessly correct people about nonsensical idioms, I don't create them. Nobody knows who created them and many of their contexts no longer make sense in modern society, but dammit we use them and hold the to grammatical standards anyways!

maybe I should create them, though.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
And to add to this. Smash Bros IS usually a game Leakers are wary to share information on until they're 100% sure of it because it's the Saint Graal of games to leak.

Probably why Emily herself decided to only play it vague.

If Vergeben is wrong on that one. NO ONE will EVER trust him ever again on the internet
I mean maybe, but there are plenty of total BS leaks that come out too. Verg has a history and isn't just some 4chan anon, but his insiders that he gets his info from may just be good liars. We'll find out soon enough though :p

I'm decently convinced one of his insiders is legit, but he said he has 3 iirc, so there's still plenty of room for error as well.

What? The burden of proof falls onto the leaker. It’s not our responsibility to deconfirm it, but for HIM to provide sufficient evidence for it, since he is making the claim.
I mean he's provided his statements on what is going to happen at E3 and we'll know whether he's wrong or not when E3 hits :p He said these things would get revealed at E3. We don't really have to go no a witch hunt to find information as to whether he was right or not if these things don't happen.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Just saying, if Snake does make it back, we BETTER have some Revengance songs in Smash. I don't care if Snake wasn't in it for obvious reasons, I NEED bangers like this to fight to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom