• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm probably upset about that because Blaziken got a Mega Form before Sceptile did. Also made it to Pokken first.

...That aside, do we even have an idea of when the Smash development team would have picked a Pokemon newcomer? Like...who was popular and promoted at that time?
For this Smash game? Probably before Sun and Moon was released (late spring at the earliest). Lots of Pokemon were being revealed throughout the year, so it's hard to say who was getting promoted more aside from the starters and the game's pair of flagship legendary Pokemon.

In this case, the promotions and trailers aren't much help. The best way to find out who was really getting promoted is by looking at the anime, manga, and merchandise (TCG, plushies, etc) that was released shortly after Sun and Moon came out. This sort of stuff was likely planned way back before Sun and Moon was even revealed, and there's no way they could've known for sure which Pokemon the fans would respond positively to.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The closer the Nintendo e3 direct is, the more I'm anxious about maybe "playable Ridley" in the leak meaning some stupid "play as the boss mode"...

Gotta BELIEEEVEEE.
That wouldn't count as playable

Because that make him stuck on only one stage for playable it would have to be all of them

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Uhm...
Ghost type: Chandelure, followed closely by litwick and duskull.
Dark Type: Houndoom.
Rock Type: Lycanrock, Tyranitar comes close second.
Fairy type: Mimikyu. special mention to Gardevoir and Sylveon.
Psychic type: Mewtwo. Special mention to Gardevoir again.
Normal type: Eevee.
Ground Type: Marowak, followed closely by Garchomp.
Electric Type: Raichu.
Bug Type: Volcarona or Scizor
Dragon Type: Garchomp.
Fire Type: Volcarona, Houndoom or Chandelure XD
Steel Type: Bisharp or Skarmory.
Grass Type: Serperiorr, followed closely by Rowlett.
Water Type: Blastoise.
Ice Type:ugh... never too fond of icies... Maybe Lapras... or Frosslass.
Fighting Type: Mienshao or Hitmonlee, although Lucario is alright.
Flying Type: Skarmory, and Dodrio.
Poison Type: Nihilego, Special mention to Nidoking and Nidoqueen.

As you can see, my fav pokemon are across almost all gens.

(ib4 the newcomers we get are magmar (gen 1 fire type) And squirtle and ivysaur DX

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
oh, are we doing favorite pokemon by type? There's a website that formats that for you, if you pick just one per type.

Here's mine.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Psyduck, man. Why are we even talking about other Pokémon?
Farfetch is all we need.

About Pokemon, I can see both Mimikyu and Decidueye get Sakurai attention.
Mimikyu has the popularity behind him and a cool concept, while harder to implement.
Decidueye is easier to be done (moveset wise) because he have a lot that could obviously work into a fighting game (probably the reason he was chosen to Pokkén). I also thought that Decidueye is like Pit + Meta Knight altogether.
The edgy/dark side of Mk but with the movement and arrows from Pit. Of course he also have some grass granulate over...
I doubt that a character like this would not get into Sakurai's radar.

If any of them happens to get into Smash, I'll be okay with it. I'm much more of a Decidueye supporter though.
Mimikyu seems like a perfect Pokéball Pokemon... sorry.
I'm not interested in Lycanroc... for me the worst choice of the "main trio" of possibilities.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Paladins was just announced for Switch by NoA Twitter. Not sure if that was information we knew before or if this is a completely new development. If it is a new development, wasn't this on that Nintendo E3 lineup that was leaked recently?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Paladins was just announced for Switch by NoA Twitter. Not sure if that was information we knew before or if this is a completely new development. If it is a new development, wasn't this on that Nintendo E3 lineup that was leaked recently?
IIRC, it was on that same image leak that showed Fortnite on Switch, back before the eShop icon was datamined or the Korean rating leak happened.

?????????????

Smash Master
A couple of on-topicish things:

1.) I am having a lot of problems accessing the website. It slows down in general when others do not.

2.) One thing I like about picking Rowlett in S/M is that it gives the "champion" Incineroar, and that's...just so fitting.

Here's a Pokemon newcomer nobody has talked about. What about Solgaleo for smash?
What if it was Nebby, and it's final Smash was evolving into either Solgaleo or Lunala depending on what time of day it is in real life?

T-Hell

Smash Lord
It's the forums going super laggy and badly for anyone else? I don't know if it is my internet or the new design causing problems.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
IIRC, it was on that same image leak that showed Fortnite on Switch, back before the eShop icon was datamined or the Korean rating leak happened.
Yeah, I actually found the image in the replies to the tweet. It also includes DBFZ on the list. That one might actually be real then. Should be noted that this particular leak doesn't actually have anything new Smash related, not even a title/logo.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Here's my favorite Pokemon by type:
d04b1c280f502ffc7eb014c3985e8b96.png

I would love to see any of these appear in Smash, but outside of Charizard, I only see Mimikyu being possible.
Shuckle would be too OP for the cast to handle I guess.

?????????????

Smash Master
I was just reminded how much I would love Zinnia's Battle Theme and Wally's Battle Theme in Smash Bros.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
We're sharing favorite Pokémon I guess? Either way, I just wanna say that even though it's not one of my favorites, I still support Decidueye because a fighter with plant based attacks and archery moreso than Link and Pit really interests me, rather than "bluh it completes the starter type triangle" which idk why I found that to be a good reason to support it with since it doesn't really matter. Anyways here's my list:
IMG_0717.JPG

Golurk and Chandelure are interchangeable.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Resetera has completely turned on Vergeben. They're in there completely eviscerating him.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I did my pokemon because bored!
Pic.jpg

I always feel like doing it by type skews results, because my top 10 defintely includes more ghosts and fairies, so instead I have to fit them in else where (Like Aegislash and Pumpkaboo). Still fun regardless. And yes I unironically love Jynx, fight me.

Resetera has completely turned on Vergeben. They're in there completely eviscerating him.
I'm really bad at resetera for some dumb reason, so could you link? I wanna read some of the reasoning.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
What caused that?
No clue. Some people in there are claiming he's nothing but a pathological liar.

Link to what you're talking about?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...tendo-switch-st3-on-path-to-e3.44544/page-160

I did my pokemon because bored!
View attachment 147210
I always feel like doing it by type skews results, because my top 10 defintely includes more ghosts and fairies, so instead I have to fit them in else where (Like Aegislash and Pumpkaboo). Still fun regardless. And yes I unironically love Jynx, fight me.

I'm really bad at resetera for some dumb reason, so could you link? I wanna read some of the reasoning.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...tendo-switch-st3-on-path-to-e3.44544/page-160

Apologies for the double post.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
From what I can see in Resetera, they don't really have concrete evidence to call Verg a liar, also Emily is one of the people shooting down his claims, and she has also developed a history of getting plenty of things wrong while also getting some right. No point in looking into the resetera stuff til they find more solid proof imo. Not saying Verg is legit, but I'm not about to say those with a spotty history really have the ability to call him a liar either.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
From what I can see in Resetera, they don't really have concrete evidence to call Verg a liar, also Emily is one of the people shooting down his claims, and she has also developed a history of getting plenty of things wrong while also getting some right. No point in looking into the resetera stuff til they find more solid proof imo. Not saying Verg is legit, but I'm not about to say those with a spotty history really have the ability to call him a liar either.
>People in ResetEra are willing to believe Emily Roger.
>She who said Splatoon2 doesn't exist and was a port, Said that Link could change gender and be a Girl in BOTW and said Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is bull****.

As much as Vergeben have a shaky reputation, Emily Roger isn't better at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom