• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I know this is gonna be...controversial, but can a new leaker come along already and leak some characters I’m actually excited for :bobomb:.

Like, Snake would be awesome, but I’m not 90s enough to be hyped for Simon (my only Castlevania knowledge comes from AVGN and the Alucard v Demitri DBX), Ice Climbers would give me competitive Brawl PTSD, and I didn’t know Metroid existed until brawl.
Please Sakurai, just give me Crash and I can die happy lol.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know this is gonna be...controversial, but can a new leaker come along already and leak some characters I’m actually excited for :bobomb:.

Like, Snake would be awesome, but I’m not 90s enough to be hyped for Simon (my only Castlevania knowledge comes from AVGN and the Alucard v Demitri DBX), Ice Climbers would give me competitive Brawl PTSD, and I didn’t know Metroid existed until brawl.
Pfft... It's opposite for me, to be honest. Of course, newcomers should be selected with recognisability in mind but I like seeing new characters and getting to know them.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58

Strangely, I wouldn't be surprised if Crash appears, since the N Sane trilogy will be appearing on the Switch. But I doubt they'll be adding any new Mario characters any time soon.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
E3 booth construction should be getting really underway today, keep your eyes peeled and stay alert, folks.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Strangely, I wouldn't be surprised if Crash appears, since the N Sane trilogy will be appearing on the Switch.
My honest problem with anyone using this as an Argument is that Crash was pretty much a dead series when the Roster must have been finalized and NSane Trilogy probably wasn't even an Idea in Activision's minds, let alone a multiplatform game.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah the N. Sane Trilogy has NO factor in Crash's chances, excluding DLC. WAY too recent. Of course, he has the historical significance to help, it's not like Mega Man had much of anything recent before showing up in Smash, but if Crash did make it into the base roster somehow, the N. Sane Trilogy played no major part in that.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My honest problem with anyone using this as an Argument is that Crash was pretty much a dead series when the Roster must have been finalized and NSane Trilogy probably wasn't even an Idea in Activision's minds, let alone a multiplatform game.
N. Sane Trilogy was announced E3 2016 so I'm guessing it was on Activision's mind when the roster was finalised. Doesn't change Crash was still dormant. Also doubt Crash in Skylanders really meant anything regarding Smash.

Unless, Crash was added late in development he probably won't be in outside of DLC.

osby

Smash Obsessed
A new game in Switch might help later as people keep saying. It was probably her recent appearance in a Nintendo console, that's helped Bayonetta to get so many votes.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I think Crash is a really likely DLC contender but for the base roster? Ehh really unlikely unless if they pulled a Sonic this time around too.

I doubt the booths will reveal any characters but maybe the title.
Same, I think we might see Mario, Link and Inklings artwork though. I don't think they'd put anything else in order to prevent leaks too, E3 2014 was the same (there was no Palutena artwork there for example)

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Smash 4 had 2 newcomers on it's boxart Villager and WFT who were both revealed at e3 2013. What newcomers will Smash Switch have on it's boxart besides Inkling? A 3rd party like Simon has never been on the boxart and I doubt they would put Ridley on there. Maybe this disproves the verge leak since theres no newcomer who is appropriate to put on the boxart.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I feel like I'm gonna miss the E3 Direct: I'm heading up to Lake Tahoe this weekend for a family getaway for two days, and I should be back by Tuesday afternoon. If I do miss it, I hope you guys get hyped up to the reveals.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Unless newcomers are in promotional art on the Smash stations to play at. There's no way a newcomer is getting leaked. If there's a giant Ridley sculpture it's likely for Prime 4.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I feel like I'm gonna miss the E3 Direct: I'm heading up to Lake Tahoe this weekend for a family getaway for two days, and I should be back by Tuesday afternoon. If I do miss it, I hope you guys get hyped up to the reveals.
I'd gladly be in your shoes tbh. Getting up at 2AM just to watch the direct and inevitably miss anymore reveals/more information as it happens because I'm too tired as it is really sucks :ohwell:

Last edited:

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the N. Sane Trilogy has NO factor in Crash's chances, excluding DLC. WAY too recent. Of course, he has the historical significance to help, it's not like Mega Man had much of anything recent before showing up in Smash, but if Crash did make it into the base roster somehow, the N. Sane Trilogy played no major part in that.
I don’t think he will ever get in. Sakurai is pretty much like us. He likes the characters he grew up with the most. Crash is out of his “golden age of gaming” in my opinion.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
9AM is way too early for me. I have an odd work/sleep schedule.

I actually happen to live near Lake Tahoe

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I disagree. We know that N. Sane has one year of exclusive with sony. We all know that it will be expanded to other platforms after one year.

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
All i care is to see how is my love Palutena in this game! If she won't show up at E3 i'll be kind of sad :sadeyes:

But whatever, still excited anyway, can't wait no more :chuckle:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Smash 4 had 2 newcomers on it's boxart Villager and WFT who were both revealed at e3 2013. What newcomers will Smash Switch have on it's boxart besides Inkling? A 3rd party like Simon has never been on the boxart and I doubt they would put Ridley on there. Maybe this disproves the verge leak since theres no newcomer who is appropriate to put on the boxart.
The thing about us humans is that we love to see patterns where there isn't any.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
One of Verg’s sources claimed to have seen promotional work related to Ridley at E3.

Perhaps, we will see some of it today?

Perhaps not.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So...Hum... Apparently, Masked Man, the one who deconfirmed the Riddler Leak deleted his account at ResetEra, and probably even here, in Smashboard.
I feel bad if he actually got in trouble for that-
That probably mean he was right and got caught by Square's Yakuza and Nintendo's Ninja, or people harassed him to try to learn more leading to him purging his accounts- nonetheless that's bad.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So...Hum... Apparently, Masked Man, the one who deconfirmed the Riddler Leak deleted his account at ResetEra, and probably even here, in Smashboard.
That probably mean he was right and got caught by Square's Yakuza and Nintendo's Ninja, or people harassed him to try to learn more leading to him purging his accounts- nonetheless that's bad.
It could be either. It's possible he really did just deconfirm Sora and/or Geno and Mallow, but I also wouldn't be surprised if people wouldn't stop harassing him for details.

Once you show the Smash fanbase that you know any kind of information regarding newcomers, it's all over.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Totally going to be a Yugioh collection for the Switch with the new Castlevania skipping the Switch :troll:

Anyway, wonder how many more leaks and rumours we're going to get as we inch closer and closer.
Is it real?

I'm on more game side on what people are saying

How is it fake?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Oh god I really hope nothing bad happen to him.
But I don't think he got any trouble, he didn't really said anything just as "i know some characters from there that are not in smash" is the equivalent of not saying anything, in fact, if you are saying that this character is not in smash, you aren't leaking anything, you are just saying "this is not in the game".

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Even if Ridley has been possibly leaked because of the controversy around him being too big for Smash for over a decade I won't believe it until I actually see him on screen.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Even if Ridley has been possibly leaked because of the controversy around him being too big for Smash for over a decade I won't believe it until I actually see him on screen.
Inb4 they show the First4Figures Ridlet statue at E3 for no reason but to **** with people
inb4 they use the Ridley statue to actually show to people how big he is and why he can't be in Smash.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I always felt like him saying "i know characters are on there that arent in smash" must be NDA breaking, even if square isnt involved at all this time it would be insane of him to go online leak busting, its nearly as dangerous as being a leaker if you are actually involved in the industry with these companies you wouldnt say a thing. it is not some translators call when to confirm or deconfirm squares involvement and he essentially gave info on an unreleased game that either sora/geno/mallow or square itself is not in smash this time.

I hope he didnt get in trouble by the company or harassed by fans but it was honestly dumb to not keep quiet about "fake" leaks.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I always felt like him saying "i know characters are on there that arent in smash" must be NDA breaking, even if square isnt involved at all this time it would be insane of him to go online leak busting, its nearly as dangerous as being a leaker if you are actually involved in the industry with these companies you wouldnt say a thing. it is not some translators call when to confirm or deconfirm squares involvement and he essentially gave info on an unreleased game that either sora/geno/mallow or square itself is not in smash this time.

I hope he didnt get in trouble by the company or harassed by fans but it was honestly dumb to not keep quiet about "fake" leaks.
Didn't he already leaked Cloud for Smash 4?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Didn't he already leaked Cloud for Smash 4?
We have no proof about that, he never leaked it publicly.
We just know that he apparently "knew" about it
Which is why him going out to confirming/Deconfirming this leak is dumb-
>Know about Cloud
>Don't break NDA
>See Fake leak
>Break NDA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom