• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

Hey guys, what was your favorite part of the first day of E3, which definitely happened today?
I liked that nothing was announced for Super Smash Bros.
Nothing has been my most wanted newcomer for 200 years, it is a crime that they haven't been added to the game before now. I'm so happy that they finally got in and they'll certainly be top tier.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ok, gonna make some story modes team ups:

The icons. The Nintendo and third party Icons should be teamed up as protagonists to the story.
:4mario::4sonic:- They are the main characters and should be teamed up. Perhaps the story starts in a Mario and Sonic Olympic game that went really crazy because of the Subspace Army.
:4kirby::4pacman:- The ones that eat a lot. I can see Kirby getting in trouble in the middle of a Pac-maze.
:4link::4cloud2:- The sword weilders. Perhaps link needs to find the triforce shards in a Final Fantasy environment.
:4samus::4megaman:- The robot thematic. Perhaps Willy got Ridley under his influence and they both need to solve the problem.
:4charizard::4ryu:- I think ryu team up better with Charizard instead of Pikachu. It just would be badass to see them fighting together as a team.
It's funny how three of our picks are the same.
So, I know this is a late response to the story mode teams thing, but I'd love to see:
  • :4lucina::4shulk: (I challenge my fate - I can change the future!)
  • :4pacman::4kirby: (Hungry smiley faces.)
  • :4zss::snake: (Stealthy spandex.)
  • :4mario::4sonic: (Obligatory Nintendo and Sega rivalry.)
  • :4link::4cloud: (Self-explanatory.)
  • :4bayonetta::4pit: (Snarky angel hunting witch and a literal angel.)
  • :4zelda::4palutena: (Reincarnation of a goddess and a goddess of light, both namedropped in their series' titles. Not to mention that they both have great voice actors.)
  • :4ness::4pikachu: (Look up the connections between Ape Inc. and the Pokemon company.)
  • :4olimar::rosalina: (Space explorers and friends of small creatures.)
  • :4littlemac::4ryu: (American and Japanese martial artists.)
  • :4fox::4falcon: (Sci-Fi protagonists who prefer staying in a vehicle.)
I feel like there's a lot of power difference between Kirby and Pac-Man. Maybe :4yoshi::4pacman: would be better?
Personally, I like :4pacman::4kirby: better since they're round bois.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Still feel like him guessing 2 konami switch titles (one being a compilation title and the other being action/adventure) before the konami E3 lineup showed the same would be incredibly lucky, but I suppose it's for the best to remain skeptical.
Ridley's been teased by ResetEra mods previously (to the extent Ryce states he's almost certain that ridley's being added, despite not being an insider on the information himself), so it wouldn't be shocking if Ridley got in even if the leak was fake. Same with Ice climbers just due to their likeliness.
We'll know in 6 days for sure though.
Ryce is another leaker right? How credible is he based on past examples?

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Ryce is another leaker right? How credible is he based on past examples?
He is another leaker, but not for nintendo.
Highly involved in MvC Infinite, where he leaked a lot of truthful information about the game before it's release that very few others knew about. He was pretty much right in every single leak he knew of. I don't know of his other feats besides MvC: I though, and he's not the source for these leaks about ridley, but he believes there's enough evidence that it's very likely Ridley is getting in smash.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
So Gamefaqs is having a war right now on whether or not Vergeben can be trusted. Lots of people are calling him a fraud

Even if Vergeben is fake(which i doubt it) I do believe that Ridley will be in

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
So Gamefaqs is having a war right now on whether or not Vergeben can be trusted. Lots of people are calling him a fraud

Even if Vergeben is fake(which i doubt it) I do believe that Ridley will be in
Honestly at this point I don't really care if Vergeben is right or not anymore, this entire rumor/leak season has more than convinced me that Ridley just might have more of a chance than he ever had, but I fear this can still end in a total **** up and he's not revealed at E3.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Honestly at this point I don't really care if Vergeben is right or not anymore, this entire rumor/leak season has more than convinced me that Ridley just might have more of a chance than he ever had, but I fear this can still end in a total **** up and he's not revealed at E3.
What Ryce said was this:

Again take with a grain of salt as he said in a gamefaqs forum he didn’t directly know

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
For a pre-E3 week, this thread has been slowing down lately. Are people really getting burnt out too soon?
I wouldn't say people aren't burnt out, but there's a calm before the storm. With the hype slowly rising, everyone is on the edge of their seat to get info on Smash 5 is really like. There's also the fact we're really struggling to find things to talk about, given how we've discussed every series and semi-credible leak in depth.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Well I'm glad I didn't miss anything this evening. I underestimated how hellish my work week will be, so I'm probably not going to be around too much til Saturday or Sunday. While my week will be miserable, it'll keep me busy til E3 starts. Then I get my time off to enjoy :p One of you goons better pm me juicy leaks if they come up in the next couple days because I don't want to fall behind :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just remember that embedding a tweet alone doesn't count as "context". It's still considered media spam. Please add more to it.

Anyway, I find the e3 twitter funny due to how automated it is.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Hard to believe we’ve all been waiting this long to even see a Glimpse of gameplay...damn

Last edited:

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think we'll get Spyro as DLC if the Reignited Trilogy releases on the Switch?

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I know people are clamoring for Spyro, but to be honest as far as Activision representation is concerned Crash gets priority
As he should. I freakin' love Spyro (even more than Crash), but Crash would come first as far as icons go.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Let's say the Vergeman leak is real and Ridley, Ice Climbers, Simon and Snake are revealed in the presentation. Another newcomer is also revealed at the end of the invitational who would you pick?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's say the Vergeman leak is real and Ridley, Ice Climbers, Simon and Snake are revealed in the presentation. Another newcomer is also revealed at the end of the invitational who would you pick?
Hmm. I'd love Steve?, Fulgore, or Master Chief. I mean, on the realistic scale of things.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why, King K. Rool, of course!

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Rayman, pleeease. It's like that one gif: We see Mario fightimg Master Hand and Crazy Hand. They slap Mario between them. Zoom out. THEY WERE RAYMAN'S HANDS ALL ALONG. BAMBOOZLED.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
I mean, out of possible choices, Shovel Knight.

But if I could choose anyone, I'd choose, y'know, Spyro.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
K Rool

Also my 3 wanted 3rd parties are Rayman, Simon, and one of the battletoads.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
How do we know the castlevania collection is what they are revealing for the switch?

Assuming that what you two are talking about.

But we always have to assume it's fake to be safe from downfall if it is fake
Totally going to be a Yugioh collection for the Switch with the new Castlevania skipping the Switch :troll:

Anyway, wonder how many more leaks and rumours we're going to get as we inch closer and closer.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Hey guys, what was your favorite part of the first day of E3, which definitely happened today?
Hermano, that Minecraft Steve in Smash reaction... I think E3 is canceled, the fire department and a SWAT team were called in.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Totally going to be a Yugioh collection for the Switch with the new Castlevania skipping the Switch :troll:

Anyway, wonder how many more leaks and rumours we're going to get as we inch closer and closer.
Wait does this mean vegeben is deconfirmed?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
A blue Yoshi that seems off approaches the newcomers with open arms and then changes his expression to a wicked grin and proceeds to SLAUGHTER them when they least expect it. He then reveals himself to be Boshi...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Pretty sure that's fake...

Not even to the point that I want vergeben to be right but more so that it's literally exactly what everyone wants. Chapter 3 of The Phantom Pain is a pipe dream.

. . . could they at least try a little bit harder than "Symphony of the night 2"

A subtitle. . .anything?

why is this the post that brings me back?
:061:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

No Castlevania for the Switch? Damn. It was too good to be true. :rolleyes::facepalm:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
When I go to sleep I keep having the same dream that I go online and find a bunch of new leaks, does anyone else get this?

I honestly think I need a break from this smash talk, it's been 3 days in a row that this happened and I honestly hate it

SMASH 5 MASSIVE LEAK, 30 NEWCOMERS SHOWN WITH GAMEPLAY , YOUR MOST WANTED ARE ALL IN
oh wait I was just dreaming >:( let me go back to sleep and experience this 3 more time before I wake up for work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom