• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
This is by far the strangest comment I’ve gotten so far:

“Lucina should be removed. he isn't a fire emblem character or even a game character He's just some protagonist in a manga series I just don't know the name of this manga. Lucina is just a really odd choice for a character and putting him as a joke character in to ssb just doesn't work.”

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's proved fake because Konami doesn't have a presentation. It's just the big companies, and like EA, Bethesda etc.
Ok makes sense so this must be one of those dummy things incase of leakers

Also I heard something about the "for internal use only" showing it's fake

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

“Lucina should be removed. he isn't a fire emblem character or even a game character He's just some protagonist in a manga series I just don't know the name of this manga. Lucina is just a really odd choice for a character and putting him as a joke character in to ssb just doesn't work.”
You know what, I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt...

I think he's talking about Luffy. After all, he is in SSF2

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

I didn't know we leaked Goku for Smash Switch.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Are you going to use actual logic and facts to debunk him? Because that might over his head.

Zeox

Smash Champion
We have no proof about that, he never leaked it publicly.
We just know that he apparently "knew" about it
Which is why him going out to confirming/Deconfirming this leak is dumb-
>Know about Cloud
>Don't break NDA
>See Fake leak
>Break NDA
It just doesn't make sense to me. He didn't leak any character, in fact he just did the opposite, why would they get angry at him for that? I don't understand how big companies work...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It just doesn't make sense to me. He didn't leak any character, in fact he just did the opposite, why would they get angry at him for that? I don't understand how big companies work...
1- It would implies that Square is still involved in Smash for knowing those information, breaking NDA.
2- A company want to have people talk about them and their supposed project, you don't want to deconfirm rumor if it means disappointing your fan
3- You now understand why when something get leaked and gamejournalist get in contact with those company the usual answer is "X company decided to not comment on the matter"

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I was doing some research on Gen VII Pokemon to see who else could be likely newcomers, and I came across the leaked final evolutions of the starters.

I had completely forgot that Ash and Pikachu were in this guy's concept art. Just like with Greninja, it seems like Game Freak had already made their minds up on which starter they would push way before SuMo was released.

I know any Alolan starter who isn't Decidueye doesn't get much support, but I think Incineroar might be the most likely starter Pokemon to get in Smash. Ash's Litten easily got more character development than Rowlet and Popplio, and seeing how it's now a Torracat, I feel like it's only a matter of time until it evolves into an Incineroar. I could be wrong, but all of this promotion is making me feel confident in saying that Sakurai would choose the wrestler cat before the archer bird.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was doing some research on Gen VII Pokemon to see who else could be likely newcomers, and I came across the leaked final evolutions of the starters.

I had completely forgot that Ash and Pikachu were in this guy's concept art. Just like with Greninja, it seems like Game Freak had already made their minds up on which starter they would push way before SuMo was released.

I know any Alolan starter who isn't Decidueye doesn't get much support, but I think Incineroar might be the most likely starter Pokemon to get in Smash. Ash's Litten easily got more character development than Rowlet and Popplio, and seeing how it's now a Torracat, I feel like it's only a matter of time until it evolves into an Incineroar. I could be wrong, but all of this promotion is making me feel confident in saying that Sakurai would choose the wrestler cat before the archer bird.
Good thinking

But charizard is the problem though

?????????????

Smash Master
Yeah. I can’t lie and say I’d be disappointed. We don’t have a true wrestling character in Smash yet, and I want that, and Incineroar is a really cool Pokémon.

I just...I always pick grass starters.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Good thinking

But charizard is the problem though
I don't think the Pokemon's type should be something Sakurai looks at. Not only is it ridiculous to begin with, but it also provides no evidence as to which Pokemon will be popular or which Pokemon Game Freak would want to promote.

In other words, it's risky to want to add a Pokemon just because they represent a certain type that isn't in Smash already.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah, A fire breathing dragon totally pose a problem to a muscular Wrestling Fire Dark cat.
I was going for we already have a fire start but anything is possible though

I don't think the Pokemon's type should be something Sakurai looks at. Not only is it ridiculous to begin with, but it also provides no evidence as to which Pokemon will be popular or which Pokemon Game Freak would want to promote.

In other words, it's risky to want to add a Pokemon just because they represent a certain type that isn't in Smash already.
That's a excellent point so maybe we will get the fire starter from gen 7 as playable

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Reason #297 why Decideueye isn't as likely as people think. (Before I get hate, I'm a Decideueye supporter. Well Mimikyu first, Decideueye second).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

RustyRemains

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1666-4551-3124
I can't imagine Incineroar bringing a lot of interesting things Bowser and Charizard don't already bring honestly, not saying that's a reason to not add him but in that case I'd rather have something like Mimikyu, Lycanroc or Decidueye even

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I'm a big Incineroar fan, but I agree, Decidueye would make a far more interesting character. We need more archers in this game, beyond Pit and Link.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

This would actually disappoint me a little. Incineroar is cool, but he would feel like a retread of Bowser, a fire-based character who's physical moveset is wrestling based. I'd much rather see Decidueye with archery and Botanokinesis, Lycanroc with geokinesis and a full quadruped fighting style, or even Mimikyu, who could have a fun disguise gimmick.

That being said, if Incineroar does get in and ends up being unique and fun, I wouldn't shed any tears over it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
This would actually disappoint me a little. Incineroar is cool, but he would feel like a retread of Bowser, a fire-based character who's physical moveset is wrestling based. I'd much rather see Decidueye with archery and Botanokinesis, Lycanroc with geokinesis and a full quadruped fighting style, or even Mimikyu, who could have a fun disguise gimmick.

That being said, if Incineroar does get in and ends up being unique and fun, I wouldn't shed any tears over it.
Just imagine if he's an actually grab focused characters with Drop kick, Suplex Drop and other things like that.
An actual wrestling moveset could be fun as hell
But then give me Hawlucha too

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I have found the actual interview where Sakurai says why Ridley won't ever be playable in Smash Bros:http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/why-ridley-isnt-playable-in-smash-bros He basically says that Ridley is too big and shrinking him down will remove all essence of the character, and he usually faithfully represents who the characters are in their source material. He instead decided to give him the much more fitting role of a stage hazard.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I have found the actual interview where Sakurai says why Ridley won't ever be playable in Smash Bros:http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/why-ridley-isnt-playable-in-smash-bros He basically says that Ridley is too big and shrinking him down will remove all essence of the character, and he usually faithfully represents who the characters are in their source material. He instead decided to give him the much more fitting role of a stage hazard.
While that may have been for smash 4, Sakurai also said in an interview after smash brawl that Villager and Miis just weren't smash appropriate characters, yet they were then in smash 4. He changes his mind. Most things he's said about past games are no longer applicable.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just imagine if he's an actually grab focused characters with Drop kick, Suplex Drop and other things like that.
An actual wrestling moveset could be fun as hell
But then give me Hawlucha too
I guess in a way, Incineroar could work in a similar manner as Street Fighter's Zangief; packs a punch at close range, but its mobility isn't too hot. Okay, maybe not Ganondorf slow or Robin slow, but Incineroar wouldn't be able to outrun Marth's walking speed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ruining the hopes and dreams of others I see

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I don't think Incineroar would be as unique as most of the other popular choices, but I'll try to keep an open mind since I haven't seen how it would play.

After all, back in Smash 4, I was convinced Delphox was the most unique Kalos final evo and that Greninja would be retreading over Sheik. I'll never find out how Delphox would've been in Smash, but needless to say, Sakurai proved me wrong about Greninja. I'll assume he's capable of doing the same with Incineroar.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Ruining the hopes and dreams of others I see
You say this as if Ridley fan's would feels anything after all these years of waiting and being deconfirmed- This little interview is just a scratch in the back of the hand for them.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
:glare: .... that was four years ago

Sakurai can have a change of heart later on that's how villager got in smash 4 he though he was too pacifist to be in smash

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You say this as if Ridley fan's would feels anything after all these years of waiting and being deconfirmed- This little interview is just a scratch in the back of the hand for them.
I've been hurt so many times I don't know how to feel anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom