• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Whether or not you believe him, E3 is going to make or break Verge when it comes to his legitimacy.
Either he come out as the biggest Hero in the battlefield who went against every critic against him and ACTUALLY had the balls to talk unlike *cough* ResetEra.
Or he'll be the biggest Scam Ever as a leaker and no one ever will believe him ever again and his E-reputation is broken.

Nonetheless E3 will be Exciting nonetheless, god I love this ride.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
If the anon who make the leak compilation who actually claims to have been in contact with him released a date on his conversation that allegedly have the castlevania info in it, we'll know for sure that vergeben got information on this before the konami E3 lineup, increasing legitimacy even further.
At this point I'm leaning towards the information being correct, although please don't take leaks like this as gospel truth otherwise you'll be setting yourself up for the slim chance it's wrong.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
But I'll give him credit that these Konami news do give the Snake and Simon (and by extension Ridley, IC's and no cuts, basically his entire leak) more credibility.
Dont believe it, or be extremely cautious. that way, if is fake, you already were ready for the blow, and if it is true, you will be hyped as hell.

For me, at this point even if the only thing that i got from this whole ordeal is a new smash and a castlevania compilation for my switch, i would be happy nonetheless... is certainly more than i was expecting.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
The fact that this is evidence Verge knew about these titles before the lineup today adds a high amount of credibility to these rumors.
Things are looking up for the rumored newcomers/information related to smash as well.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh boy... Oh boy...This is always getting exciting, I love this. This ride is such a wild one-

kylexv

Smash Master
hey Nekoo Nekoo

the listanon on /v/ was able to post the FAQS PM so you probably want this :D

oh lol you beated me to it, haha

You have my interest. Pieces are really starting to come together.
Vergeben now has a lot supporting it. However, I'm not willing to accept this as gospel quite yet. I need to see it myself first.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Caught up with the thread.
Man, I want that leak to be true so bad, especially the all character returning. Don't do this to me.

I'm going to get killed, but I never got the appeal for Banjo and Kazooie as character themselves. I always though they were kinda bland designwise.
tbh I hate most "American" designs like Crash, Banjo, Rare DK stuff and Ray man. They're so ugly and boring.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Ever notice these legacy games on the Nintendo Entertainment System, and a possible correlation between third party characters in Smash Bros?
(Save for Sega, which had it's own console)

Pac-Man – Ms. Pac-Man
Final Fantasy
Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight
Metal Gear – Snake’s Revenge
Mega Man – 2- 3- 4 -5 – 6

Castlevania – II- III

I may be looking towards these franchise for future candidates...

Bomberman – II
Ninja Gaiden – II- III
Dragon Quest –II – III- IV

...although less relevant today, then the other legacy series established in arcades/ nes era;

Contra – Force – Super C

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I know that I have put way too many hours looking up stuff to make my prediction list as perfect as possible but now that its up all I can see are flaws. Good lord E3 needs to come so I can feel vindicated.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
tbh I hate most "American" designs like Crash, Banjo, Rare DK stuff and Ray man. They're so ugly and boring.
This is EXACTLY how I feel with them. We're dinning in hell tonight brother, people might kill us because of that.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
IIRC didn't they have items on for a majority of the tournament?
That was the last invitational which wasn't all professional players. I will be genuinely shocked if they do some 4 player ffa items on in a 8-person invitational where they invited only top-level competitive players.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Listen, the only character that really piques my interest in that leak is Simon. But even still, if the whole "no character cuts" thing is true, I'll be happy as hell.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Listen, the only character that really piques my interest in that leak is Simon. But even still, if the whole "no character cuts" thing is true, I'll be happy as hell.
The best part about this leak is that it doesn't outright deconfirm characters outside of the 4 mentioned. There's a possibility there's 8 or so more newcomers aside from these (assuming imgur leak isn't true)

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
The Vergeben rumor about there being a Castlevania game announced soon is not entirely new. Stealth___ also reported on a rumor that Konami was working on a multiplatform Castlevania game.

So once again, this could be another case of piggybacking. Then again, the tip about the compilation is new as far as I know.
I'm not big on rumors and I'm not trying to endorse Stealth or anything like that. I'm just saying, that even if this stuff does come true, Vergeben is not the first to be breaking it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So far we have two characters somewhat deconfirmed...who is next

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So both Celica's and Pyra's voice actors are saying they have no involvement in the new Smash? Interesting, things are getting very interesting indeed.
Alm and Rex might be going at it solo...or neither join

I wonder if this makes any rumors/leaks other than the IMDB one fake

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The Vergeben rumor about there being a Castlevania game announced soon is not entirely new. Stealth___ also reported on a rumor that Konami was working on a multiplatform Castlevania game.

So once again, this could be another case of piggybacking. Then again, the tip about the compilation is new as far as I know.
I'm not big on rumors and I'm not trying to endorse Stealth or anything like that. I'm just saying, that even if this stuff does come true, Vergeben is not the first to be breaking it.
That's true, but one thing that is also good to take note is that Vergeben go know that a compilation was in preparation than just a new Castlevania game and go out of his way to tell us two title that would be in that compilation. So even easier to debunk if those game aren't in.
I won't say it's piggybacking, perhaps more like "Hallway talk" that everyone heard about. But what's interesting is that Stealth say that Sakurai reached for tons of Third Parties character, even if it was to renew those licence, it's PRETTY interesting to know! Cross fingers for Sora when he went to Square

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

Alm would be too boring and Rex without Pyra would also be too boring, so I'm banking on the latter (I've been banking on no new FE character and Elma anyway).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Please tell me noone thinks that the IMDB rumpor is real ...

Maybe i should go to wikipedia and write that shrek is goingt to be playable in smash...
It almost got us...until Goku showed up

Alm would be too boring and Rex without Pyra would also be too boring, so I'm banking on the latter (I've been banking on no new FE character and Elma anyway).
I personally need some Lyn in any playable capacity

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
oh boy with the Celica VA's tweet :c sure could not mean much but also could mean a lot
Depends on what you believe
If you believe they are just not breaking NDA, disregard
if you believe they are serious, then no Rex/pyra or celicia, Elma the only realistic xenoblade character left

KingBroly

Smash Lord

Can't see Rex going in without Pyra. Rex is very Pokemon Trainer-esque with Pyra.

And why is desvergeben getting more credibility over the past 24-48 hours?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The only way to deconfirm something without getting Nintendo's Ninja on your ass is to not be under NDA with them I'm affraid. I mostly see it as a deconfirmation than anything-

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Depends on what you believe
if you believe they are serious, then no Rex/pyra or celicia, Elma the only realistic xenoblade character left
Yep that's pretty much it. Shulk's VA was the only one that teased it like "just did some VA for a huge game that if I say more I'll have my head cut off"
They could just be trying to diminish the fire they have been getting (pretty sure many ppl have been saying "HEY ARE YOU VOICING CELICA/PYRA IN SMASH????????"). But tbh I'm banking that they indeed are not involved (so far). That way the lack of Celica would make me less sad :/

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Can't see Rex going in without Pyra. Rex is very Pokemon Trainer-esque with Pyra.

Konami's E3 lineup was announced a few hours ago here:
https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=4XTDjeQv

Anon on 4chan claims it's a title one of vergeben's sources told him about
Vergeben comes out a few hours later stating the switch games are castlevania titles (from the same source as the snake/belmont information)
The anon posts a screenshot proving vergeben knew of these titles coming to switch before the E3 lineup was shown, knowing it was coming to switch.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pikachu. Sakurai always thought he was quote, "an annoying little **** anyways."

Here's my source:

:yoshi:
Now that’s legit info

Either he’s legit or Konami are unintentionally helping out

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

>Guessed that a Castlevania Compilation multiplat will appear like a week by the same source that gave him Simon/Snake in smash
>Konami release their Exibhit information today
>Unanounced compilation multiplat appear on the list

And I got Ninj'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom