• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
These new developments in the Verg leak are getting me so hyped. Ridley, Simon, and Snake returning are all additions that I would absolutely love.

Still a week to go to see if it's true...but if it is...

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I’m SUPER hype for Ridley and Simon! But I’m also SUPER hype at the idea of Castlevania love in general!!!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
OFFICIAL THREAD THEME RIGHT NOW BOIZ

IM STIIIILLLL IN A DREAAAAAAAM SNAAAAAAKE EAAAATEEEERS

There still a chance the leak is false, but Snake Coming back is just way too good for me to imagine.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
God, the thing I want most from E3 this year is to see Mewtwo footage. I really hope they at least show SOMETHING of him. It would suck to have to wait till near release for mere confirmation of his return.
I'm going to lose my freaking mind if they cut him again

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Are anyone else's character support icons completely broken right now?
A lot of icons became broken when the forum went through this massive overhaul. Not sure when they'll be fixed or if they need to be updated by the op's to be fixed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Imagine that... E3 2018 trailer revealing two cut veterans and two newcomers. Ice Climbers, Ridley, Snake, and Simon Belmont. That would be really nice!

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Man, I cant wait to take my last 3 finals tomorrow. Then there will be nothing stopping me from getting completely hyped for June 12!

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I'm going in expecting only the characters from the last trailer. If everyone expects that, then no one will be disappointed.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I wonder what will happen to Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina if this is true.

More importantly, if Lucina returns and they revamp her moveset, wouldn’t it be a massive **** you! to Chrom since that’s why he was cut in the first place?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Imagine that... E3 2018 trailer revealing two cut veterans and two newcomers. Ice Climbers, Ridley, Snake, and Simon Belmont. That would be really nice!
makes sense too: a cut nintendo veteran, a cut 3rd party veteran/ a nintendo newcomer, a 3rd party newcomer.

it feels right for who they would choose to reveal at E3.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Earlier this year, Konami's ReBirth series was rumoured to be coming to Switch, which of course, includes Castlevania ReBirth.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...bringing_its_wiiware_rebirth_series_to_switch

Possible connection to the compilation rumour here?

I'm glad we're getting all these other rumours so close to E3. We should get confirmation on whether this is all true or not soon, rather than having to wait for some time.

I'm gonna be furious if this blows up in are face

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
So, if Simon Belmont is going to be in Smash, who else wants Dracula himself as a boss in some form in Smash as well?

Subspace emisary 2.0, "Towering Darkness"
Dracula have seized the power of the subspace and have materialized its castle in smash world. asi its castle is a creature of chaos it takes teh form of various of the cast "worlds".
As a desesperate act, Palutena breaks the divine macguffin seal which brings the triforce into this realm, quickly giving the triforce wielders the oportunity to fight against the subspace, yet, as they are unable to work together, 3 factions rose from the triforce. Courage faction lead by Mario and having Link as its champion seeks to destoy this evil power, no matter the consequences, and no matter if they sacrifice themselves in the process. Wisdom faction Lead by Zelda and championed by Marth seeks to understand better the treath, and distance themselves from the Courage faction presenting that Blind courage will only lead to more destruction. Power faction Lead by DeDeDe and championed by Ganondorf form and awkward alliance. Ganondorf decides to anhilliate this evil power as a way of asserting dominance while DeDeDe sees this method as the more efficient and safe one, and he is also able to keep check of ganondorf.

Meanwhile, a lone warrior with a whip teams up with a hardened bounty hunter and an electric mouse in order to stop this nonsense and banish Dracula from this realm. using all the racket the 3 factions are doing by infiltrating the castle.

The game is then presented similar to subspace emisary, but is instead a metroidvania where you explore, beat bosses, open paths and collect trophies.

there, game of the year material.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

More importantly, if Lucina returns and they revamp her moveset, wouldn’t it be a massive **** you! to Chrom since that’s why he was cut in the first place?
No, Viridi and Palutena roasting Chrom about being similar to Ike/Lucina was his massive “**** you” moment...also him getting destroyed by the Falcon
As for the 3 clones, Lucina is likely safe and Doc could become an alt this time...while Pittoo might be screwed

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
makes sense too: a cut nintendo veteran, a cut 3rd party veteran/ a nintendo newcomer, a 3rd party newcomer.

it feels right for who they would choose to reveal at E3.
And two of them are Nintendo and two of them are Konami. It's so symmetrical.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm going in expecting only the characters from the last trailer. If everyone expects that, then no one will be disappointed.
As a Jigglypuff main, I have already mastered the art of expecting nothing and still getting disappointed anyway, I am truly the most prepared for this event.

:039:

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759

I mean, if the no cuts leak ends up being true, I don't see why the clone trio would be exempt from it. I personally think its foolish to cut any character unneccesarily, because even carbon copy clones have their fans, and they are some people's mains.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
No, Viridi and Palutena roasting Chrom about being similar to Ike/Lucina was his massive “**** you” moment...also him getting destroyed by the Falcon
As for the 3 clones, Lucina is likely safe and Doc could become an alt this time...while Pittoo might be screwed
Doc is a 2 time vet and he was specifically made separate cause he was separate beforehand, why would they make him an alt again lmao

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Jigglypuff is literally just ported Smash Wii U assets with no changes whatsoever lmao. I can see it.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
In the same forum you linked, verge just posted about a castlevania compilation game
Also there is a screenshot of it being a port/compilation: https://gyazo.com/8bd17a9a13a5577129debac25634ca78 (in response to people guess a new title, square enix and SEGA)
4chan is anonymous posters so anyone can say anything. What you posted doesn't really show anything. Like I said and others said in that thread, a lot of people are saying something without much proof of it. However, there is a better way of doing this.

This is from Vereberg himself
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76677805?page=6
Castelvania is making a comeback with two new titles.
I believe each are multiplatform releases (one may be Switch exclusive but haven't been able to verify that).
One is a new title and the other a collection of classic Castlevania games, with Symphony of the Night being the headline game.

I heard a few months back that Wii's Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth would be coming to Switch, so it's probably part of that collection of classic Castlevania games.
But I'm not entirely sure if there's connection between my hearing that back then and this info pretty recently about these Castlevania games.
But this info about the two Castlevania games come from someone mighty reputable (who also has heard the same Smash leaks that I have, in case you are curious) so I have no reason to not believe them first and foremost.
Meaning, put that information in front of Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth re-releasing on Switch. Though there is a possible overlap between the two things and part of the compilation.
This was posted 45 minutes ago. What is going on is that since everyone is attributing this to him, he's taking the credit for it. This is more his MO by the way.

This is a better indication if he's telling the truth or not since this is an actual statement that he made that could be verifiable. Note that, again, this is after this all blew up so. If you want to say he's correct, here is how you do it. I expect this and Smash will happen at the same time unless something gets leaked.

I think I'm out for now. People are getting a little too hungry for rumors.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Doc is a 2 time vet and he was specifically made separate cause he was separate beforehand, why would they make him an alt again lmao
He never got to be an alt technically, and making him an alt will be the closest thing to becoming a top tier legend...well that and I want Mario to go full on Odyssey

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Still not buying Vergeben, tbh. As much I want to.
But I'll give him credit that these Konami news do give the Snake and Simon (and by extension Ridley, IC's and no cuts, basically his entire leak) more credibility.

I don't know. It's just too good to be true. I don't want to disappoint myself with Riddles again

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
He never got to be an alt technically, and making him an alt will be the closest thing to becoming a top tier legend...well that and I want Mario to go full on Odyssey
Reminder that Doc was better than Mario in Melee, it's just that his port to 4 was so faithful that he still has the recovery of a Melee character.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Snake IS back?

That trailer better have the encounter music start playing when he shows up.

I ****ing love the encounter music.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Reminder that Doc was better than Mario in Melee, it's just that his port to 4 was so faithful that he still has the recovery of a Melee character.
So you’re telling me that they unintentionally made the mighty fall? Such an evil thing to be done to a man with one of the greatest victory poses in video game history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom