• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
'
Would you rather:

Simon Belmont
Rayman
Bomberman
Banjo Kazooie
or Crash

in the next Smash game?
Definitely Rayman. Simon and Crash are tied for second, followed by Banjo and Bomberman. Rayman is definitely my number 1 pic for a 3rd party character. I blame Artsy Omni Artsy Omni haha

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Would you rather:

Simon Belmont
Rayman
Bomberman
Banjo Kazooie
or Crash

in the next Smash game?

For me, it'd be Banjo Kazooie hands down.
Rayman for sure, I love his games and have wanted him in smash since the pre-smash 4 era. The only other one I like on here is Crash, tbh the other 3 can be kept although I guess simon would be neat even though I don't know **** about his games

Last edited:

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
Would you rather:

Simon Belmont
Rayman
Bomberman
Banjo Kazooie
or Crash

in the next Smash game?

Spyro.

But if I have to choose from that list, Banjo-Kazooie. I miss Rare.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
i have a theory, we will most likely see 3 new third party characters, Simon, A new character from Bamco, and a new character from Square Enix, therefore every third party company gets an equal amount of two reps.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Would you rather:

Simon Belmont
Rayman
Bomberman
Banjo Kazooie
or Crash

in the next Smash game?

Without counting the rumor I would say Rayman, pretty much because rayman 1 was one of these games that i grew up with and it is more special.
But not too much, so if he doesn't end in the smash i wouldn't mind (as long as the roster is good).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Would you rather:

Simon Belmont
Rayman
Bomberman
Banjo Kazooie
or Crash

in the next Smash game?

For me, in this order...
Simon Belmont
Banjo-Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot
Bomberman
Rayman

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Would you rather:

Simon Belmont
Rayman
Bomberman
Banjo Kazooie
or Crash

in the next Smash game?

Simon is the only one I honestly want among that list, though Bomberman and Crash would be cool too. Other ones don't interest me much.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
i have a theory, we will most likely see 3 new third party characters, Simon, A new character from Bamco, and a new character from Square Enix, therefore every third party company gets an equal amount of two reps.
I wish. I want a Tales characters for Bamco.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Would you rather:

Simon Belmont
Rayman
Bomberman
Banjo Kazooie
or Crash

in the next Smash game?

Banjo > Bomberman > Simon > Rayman or Crash.

I actively want the first three, but I'm rather ambivalent towards Crash and Rayman. Wouldn't be mad about either though.

I think there are a bunch of other good options as well though. Personally I'd also love to see Slime and Goemon. And Spyro.

Edit - Am I the only one who thinks Spyro actually makes more sense than Crash? If only because Skylanders has been consistently on Nintendo consoles and is currently relevant beyond a remaster (even if many are over the genre).

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Sorry if this was posted before but did you guys see this tweet

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Sellars/status/1003395433064992768

Supposedly there is a lot of vageenas in this game, this guy has a horrible track record but I'll take it with 2 grains of salt instead of just 1
He doesn't just have a horrible . track record, he doesn't have a track record period. He's an absolute joke. Don't take literally anything he says at ALL as even a possibility of a fact.

Despacito.
...And here's the man that help proved why! :V

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So wait.

You folks are telling me that Vergeban got something right? And that something is a Konami compilation and mystery third party game?

This could give him major props and could mean that his Smash leaks are in fact valid.

No before I go completely bonkers from hype...

Are we sure we can trust the anon who said he talked to Verge? I mean, getting the Konami mystery games is already pretty good proof but...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Wait, wait WAIT!

are you telling me, people arent excited to see Simon Belmont in Smash?
Let me reprhase it, CASTLEVANIA in SMASH?!

we need posts about Castlevania legacy, for the younglings, is our DUTY!
is another day and another day less to e3 presentation, and guess what? here is another amazing castlevania tune taken from another completely different game. you say, wait, this dude have brought countless of games already, surely the series run out of juice already and he will start posting remixes. HAH! you couldnt be more distant of the truth, we are just starting the game boy advance era!

Speaking of remixes, the next game is one that most of its OST was remixes, yet, every remix was carefully crafted to use similar chiptunes and tempos, resulting in a very cohesive OST with tons of very memorable tunes that never felt out of place.

But even then, the game didnt shy of creating some exclusive original tunes for some levels (including an amazing Dracula fight one) and boy they are amazing!

FATE TO DESPAIR! with such a strong title, the tune opens the chapel level winding and unwinding, building and releasing.
Your determination to set things right wont be stoped, by a chapel, even less a cathedral!

If you are just seeing this posts , please feel free to browse the previous tracks, and takle a dive into castlevania history, and the long impression that caused in systems like the NES, SNES, PSX and GBA.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm going to get killed, but I never got the appeal for Banjo and Kazooie as character themselves. I always though they were kinda bland designwise.

So wait.

You folks are telling me that Vergeban got something right? And that something is a Konami compilation and mystery third party game?

This could give him major props and could mean that his Smash leaks are in fact valid.

No before I go completely bonkers from hype...

Are we sure we can trust the anon who said he talked to Verge? I mean, getting the Konami mystery games is already pretty good proof but...
Well we can't REALLY trust him, we never will, we can only raise the probability of him being real and right-
After all, there never a 100% right on 4chan, never trust anything on that website, never believe any leak or rumor, so you never end up disappointed.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Would you rather:

Simon Belmont
Rayman
Bomberman
Banjo Kazooie
or Crash

in the next Smash game?

Banjo Kazooie for me, growing up I considered Rare and all of its series to be a part of Nintendo the way Game Freaks owns Pokemon but I consider it a Nintendo franchise like most people do. It would mean so much to me to get Banjo Kazooie back with Nintendo characters again.

after that it'd go:
2. Simon Belmont (similar to banjo in that I considered castlevania "nintendo" back in the nes days)
3.Bomberman (iconic and feels right, getting snake over bomberman as our konami rep always felt off to me, for that matter snake>simon felt off too)
4.Crash (I like the rivalry of mario/sonic/crash all in the same game, those were the big console mascots back in the day)
5.Rayman (super likely cause of that trophy and the mario rabbids game but i've just never been a big fan of the series, not against him being in the game though and would want him 100x over rabbids as a character)

99_Jydge

Smash Rookie
Marcus Sellars has a new leak, huh? Wonder if it's true.

It's not.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Bless you, that's what I was talking about. Though it miss the multiple HInt he gave us through the thread
More posts from the same guy (1 or 2 of these are possibly fake but I doubt the ones where he re-uploaded and adjusted the leak collage)
TL:DR
Anon is a guy who repeatedly makes collages on 4chan of the imgur leak and the vergeben leak, allegedly has gotten in contact with vergeben himself, says that vergeben has 3 sources, but the one who told him about snake and confirmed other information is in a vulnerable position, and was waiting for a new title (not from square enix ubisoft or sega, highly implied to be konami from some statements) which was a compilation port to the switch. Wanted information from E3 to leak ahead of time so he could show the rest of the DM (which would prove the source was legitimate) without jeopardizing vergeben's source because it would be obvious who had all of this information to the boss.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm going to get killed, but I never got the appeal for Banjo and Kazooie as character themselves. I always though they were kinda bland designwise.

Well we can't REALLY trust him, we never will, we can only raise the probability of him being real and right-
After all, there never a 100% right on 4chan, never trust anything on that website, never believe any leak or rumor, so you never end up disappointed.
But he did say correctly guess these two games and did hint it was from Konami?

Abade

Smash Apprentice
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/board...-for-nintendo-switch/76677805?page=6jumpto#70
Vergeben said:
Castelvania is making a comeback with two new titles.
I believe each are multiplatform releases (one may be Switch exclusive but haven't been able to verify that).
One is a new title and the other a collection of classic Castlevania games, with Symphony of the Night being the headline game.

I heard a few months back that Wii's Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth would be coming to Switch, so it's probably part of that collection of classic Castlevania games.
But I'm not entirely sure if there's connection between my hearing that back then and this info pretty recently about these Castlevania games.
But this info about the two Castlevania games come from someone mighty reputable (who also has heard the same Smash leaks that I have, in case you are curious) so I have no reason to not believe them first and foremost.
Meaning, put that information in front of Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth re-releasing on Switch. Though there is a possible overlap between the two things and part of the compilation.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Honestly, of all the potential third parties, the only ones I'm even partially invested in are Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, and Sora. And, even then, that's only because my brother wants all of them and might actually play someone other than Pikachu if they get in.

As long as Pac-Man and Bayonetta are still in, I'm gucci.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Vergeben just commented 5 mins ago on Gamefaqs that Castlevania is returning with two games: one being a new title and the other being a collection of Castlevania games :thinking:

Edit: :4greninja:'d
Well, I'd say this more or less confirms it for me.

Though I'm sure some details could be somewhat off. Leakers aren't told the full truth at times, after all. Sources only know so much.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm now happy to see that me relying this rumor and leak almost everyday and passing night on 4chan MAYBE could lead to something true.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well, I'd say this more or less confirms it for me.

Though I'm sure some details could be somewhat off. Leakers aren't told the full truth at times, after all. Sources only know so much.
Well, it supposedly comes from the same source that gave him the Smash leaks he has, and he seemingly trusts said source to a significant degree, so I too think it's more or less confirmed tbh.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The earlier Smash Run talk made me realize how annoying is that the best aspects of Adventure Mode, Subspace, and Smash Run would make an excellent Smash Bros. story mode. Why did they have to separate them into three games??

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Would you rather:

Simon Belmont
Rayman
Bomberman
Banjo Kazooie
or Crash

in the next Smash game?

Theoretically Banjo but I still feel him getting in is too much free promo for the competition (say what you will but I really don't like that, UNLESS if Banjo is coming to Switch in some capacity which is unlikely), so I'd go with Rayman

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't know what it is about Banjo, Bomberman, Crash and Rayman, but I feel like they're such a better fit for Smash Bros. when comparing them to Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta and Snake.

I think I just like goofy third party characters rather than edgy ones. Smash has always felt goofy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom