• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It back up Vergeben's claim.

AHEM Anyway!
TIME FOR OUR DAILY FAKE LEAK OF THE DAY! Right from 4chan

Worth talking about? While it's probably 100% fake...Could this explain the "Heroes vs Vilain will makes sense at E3" theme?
WHAT backs up the leak though? Some anonymous person on 4chan who claims to have talked to him, saying some unnamed game is going to be revealed? I mean, it seems not only sus, but also really easy to predict. "Guys, there is going to be an unnanounced port (aka "not new game") with a compilation, and if that's true it proves the leak right!" strikes me as a really easy ploy to trick people into believing.

Maybe I'm missing something about it though.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Also remember Emily's statement about this being "Smash Bros' ultimate roster that will make us jump out of our seats". Ridley being in, among Snake returning and the main of Castlevania, between lord knows who many others, definitely fit that statement.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think it will remain logical to not believe Ridley is in the game til we actually see it, for obvious reasons. We don't need another round of Ridley disappointment.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Waitwaitwait, what? What happened to suddenly get people betting on the Vergeben leak?

...And does that or does that not involve the leak with Geno? :V

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
and they highlighted Ice Climbers for some reason as if it was new
Ah, the old playing dumb tactic as if this guy doesn't have literally every piece of Smash Bros merch in his Mom's basement from where he lurks on 4chan.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Hey before we get all bent out of shape about Vergeben being real, can someone track down the 4chan thread where someone talked to him about the Konami games? Not to throw shade at Nekoo Nekoo here but I'd like to actually see evidence of the claim before I get my "Ridley actually made it" party supplies ready.

There's also the possibility that someone on 4chan either lied or impersonated Vergeben for attention, so let's not get ahead of ourselves yet until we fully investigate this.
WHAT backs up the leak though? Some anonymous person on 4chan who claims to have talked to him, saying some unnamed game is going to be revealed? I mean, it seems not only sus, but also really easy to predict. "Guys, there is going to be an unnanounced port (aka "not new game") with a compilation, and if that's true it proves the leak right!" strikes me as a really easy ploy to trick people into believing.

Maybe I'm missing something about it though.
Oh no! It's fine an natural to doubt, after all, we can't believe everything from 4chan but- the person who got into contact with Vergeben is the anon who makes the whole leaks compilation pictures.
But He also HEAVILY implied that it was a Konami compilation though so it might be a big coincidence

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Could we possibly be getting a Captain N reunion (if Pit and the crew doesn’t reference it than I’ll be sad and oof’d)
How did we bring up swimsuit alts without Fire Emblem coming up??

I started the swimsuit talk with Fire Emblem though...Female Corrin and Female Robin specifically

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Could we possibly be getting a Captain N reunion (if Pit and the crew doesn’t reference it than I’ll be sad and oof’d)

I started the swimsuit talk with Fire Emblem though...Female Corrin and Female Robin specifically
Oh, okay. I just was surprised to not see the others.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Me, seeing all this smash switch discussion and realizing that nintendo's e3 presenation is in 6 days:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
After reading more of /v/, it's definitely looking like Vergeben leak was right.
The fact that there's 2 konami titles coming to switch (one is likely a MGS compilation and the other is likely a new castlevania) makes vergeben's leak about simon and snake extremely likely.
Looking through his post history and doing a google search, I never found any mention of a Konami compilation. This is the only thing that came up.

https://gametransfers.com/konami-bring-gradius-rebirth-switch/

I'm not sure he made it. Seems like people attributing that to him. I saw the comment on /v/ and said the same thing. Can't find where he said it.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I have a question, what would your reaction be if everything about Vergeben's leak is true and we get to see Ridley, The Icies, and Simon at E3?
Hyped as heck still. No cuts would arguably be as hype as any one of the new characters. Everyone can take a huge breath of relief for their favorites.

I also plan to record my reaction to it this time. I might take the chance to yell "Metroidvania on Ice!" if all 3 of those characters are confirmed

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Guys as much as I want Ridley in the game he's a little too similar to Charizard, right? Both dragons with a similar color spectrum. He'll probably end up a clone :(
They wouldn't take a large, well known villain from a loved series and make it a clone of a smaller character who...

*Laughs in Ganondorf*

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
This only applies to Smash 4. I prefer Melee & Brawl's rosters as a package compared to the style-over-substance that became Wii U/3DS.
Thank you.

Smash 4 had a bad habit of giving newcomers some stupid gimmick to make them "unique xddddd"

Let Robin use Infinite Magic.
Make Bowser Jr. have a normal recovery.
Give Palu solid moves rather than a bunch of wonky special moves.

Let's hope our Switch game just gives them a solid moveset pool and a gimmick that doesn't hinder the characters playstyle.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm not gonna go crazy over a character reveal unless that character is Boshi. So basically I'll be 99.9% composed
You know... if Geno & Mallow actually gets in Smash, then I want Yoshi to have a Boshi alt.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
Alright since everyone else is posting their list I want to post mine even though its not finished because I want to laugh and say I told you so during E3. (Oh yea I'm that kind of guy.)

-This is still a work in progress-

Game---------------------------------------Year---------Copies Sold
Splatoon-----------------------------------2015-------------4.70
-----Confirmed
Rhythm Heaven: The Best+---------------2015--------------0.80
-----I believe a character from this series is going to get in because the series offers a very unique way to play Smash based on rhythm mechanics. The series may also be niche but its has been consistently growing meaning it is going to have a future. It also would be a good surprise/wtf character to the average Smash player which Sakurai enjoys. I don't know which character from the series will be chosen as it seems that Sakurai wanted to place a character in Smash 4 but it ran into some problems and was dropped but I'm sure the series will be revisited and a new character will be added.
Paper Mario: Color Splash-----------------2016-------------0.86
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam------------------2015-------------0.84
-----Paper Mario was pushed pretty hard before the roster selection and that would keep him on Sakurai’s radar. While it didnt sell very well the roster for Smash 5 was more than likely decided before the game was released. With a Decent history of games under his belt, consistent requests on the ballots in all regions, and a huge pool for a move set I believe Paper Mario is a lock.
-----You may be asking where is Toad or Waluigi? Well, as the Mario series didn't introduce very many new/standout characters between Smash titles, I believe that this is going to lead to only one Mario series addition to the roster. Waluigi while having some popularity did not see any significant game releases that would bring him into to eye of the public while Sakurai was planning the roster. Toad, while having a game that sold better than Paper Mario Color Splash, did not sell well enough to signify that Nintendo is willing to invest more into his spin off series. As Sakurai has shown in the past, he is very reluctant to add characters based on spin off series. I think the re-make on the Switch isn't helping the character either as I believe they are using it as a filler title and it may indicate that Treasure Tracker will not get a new title on the Switch. I do believe that Captain Toad the character will be staying around for a while but I don't know if his series will.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess---2016-------------1.23
Hyrule Warriors----------------------------2014-------------1.26
-----I'm predicting that the Zelda series is going to receive two characters that will be either a combination of a re-worked Zelda, a re-worked Gannondorf, Midna, and/or Skull Kid. Currently I believe the inclusions will be a re-worked Gannondorf and the addition of Midna. Midna recently had an HD re-release which brings her back into relevance. She was added into Hyrule warriors with both of her forms indicating that she is either popular among fans or they thought of a variety of move set potential from her. Either situation helps. Also on a very nerdy note that isn't that relevant, if she is added with Wolf Link then all three Links from each individual timeline would be in Smash again. I'm not giving up hope on Skull Kid though.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze----014--------------1.73
-----I’m predicting that two DK characters will be introduced but unfortunately I don’t believe theyre going to come in the form that most people want. I believe that Dixie Kong will be added because of her return in tropical freeze and King k will be added because of high ballot votes. Unfortunately I believe that they will be very semi-clone / Frankenstein clonish.
Ridley
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer-2015-------------3.37
Xenoblade Chronicles X-------------------2015-------------0.84
-----Since its request to be brought to America by fans, Xenoblade has become a prominent series in modern Nintendo. Elma has several things going in her favor. Her art and fighting style is unique from other characters in Super Smash Bros.
-----On a side note I believe another thing that Elma has going for her is that her fighting style is similar to Saki from Sin and Punishment. It can be seen from his assist trophy alone that Sakurai has put a lot of thought into his movement and fighting style. I believe that this would have drawn him to her as he would already have an idea where to begin with her character.
-----Originally I thought this slot was going to go to Bomberman but after the "leak" it just makes too much sense for it to not be Simon Belmont. His moveset is extensive and unique, he along with Samus defined a genre of their own, and he is such a classic "he might as well be a Nintendo character". While some may think his position may be weird considering the state of Konami, I believe we can look to the NES and SNES Classics to see that Nintendo and Konami are still in good relations. Even though Castlevania games haven't had spectacular sales Konami seems to have continued interest in the franchise as seen by the Anime that recently aired on Netflix. His inclusion could also mean the return of Snake which would help fill the roster with the smaller development time. Its also been shown pretty clearly in the ballots that returning characters are highly desired. I also doubt that Kojima would "stop" Sakurai from putting Snake back in. Kojima may not have faith in Konami but I'm sure he has faith in his friend.
Rayman
-----Its not that I think Isaac in particular will get into Smash but I'm predicting a radical shift in the structure of retro character selections. Originally in Melee the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch were selected to represent another era of gaming. The Ice Climbers were to showcase the NES and Mr. Game and Watch was to showcase games before that. What we have seen is that each of the retro characters have now been pulled out of the same pool (the NES) where one character is seeing a revitalization of their series. During this Smash period no such characters had that big of a revive. So I believe that Sakurai is going to to look back to his original idea that he had in Melee and select one historic character (from the NES) and another retro character that's series is dead. This is how I believe characters like Isaac, Saki, and Prince Sable will make their entrance into Smash in future installments. I'm choosing Isaac now because of the success of his main game, his move set potential being different from others on my roster, and his consistent ballot request.
Mario Kart Wii U---------------------------2014------------<7.68
NES Classic---------------------------------2016-------------2.30

List of the Top First Party Wii U Games
Game----------------------------------------------------------Yearr-----Copies Sold
1.--------Mario Kart Wii U------------------------------------2014----------7.68
2.--------New Super Mario Bros. U---------------------------2012----------5.66
3.--------Super Mario 3D World------------------------------2013----------4.99
4.--------Splatoon-------------------------------------------2015----------4.70
5.--------Nintendo Land--------------------------------------2012----------4.63
6.--------Super Mario Maker---------------------------------2015----------3.44
7.--------New Super Luigi U----------------------------------2013----------2.42
8.--------The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker------------2013-----------2.08
9.--------Mario Party 10--------------------------------------2015-----------1.98
10.___----Wii Party U------------------------------------------2013-----------1.87
11.------Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze---------2014-----------1.73
12.-------Yarn Yoshi-------------------------------------------2015-----------1.51
13.-------Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker---------------------2014-----------1.41
14.-------Pokken Tournament--------------------------------2016------------1.37
15.-------The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild-----------2017----------1.33
16.-------Hyrule Warriors-----------------------------------2014----------1.26
-------The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess---------2016----------1.23
18.-------Pikmin 3---------------------------------------------2013-----------1.23
19.-------Wii Fit U----------------------------------------------2013----------0.86
20.-------Paper Mario: Color Splash------------------------2016----------0.86
21.-------Bayonetta 2------------------------------------------2014----------0.85
22.-------Xenoblade Chronicles X----------------- ---------2015----- ---- 0.84

List of the Top First Party 3DS Games (After 2012)
Game Year Copies Sold (Million)
1. Pokemon Sun/Moon 2016 14.98
2. Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire 2014 12.74
3. Pokemon: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon 2017 6.03
4. Tomodachi Life 2013 5.71
5. Luigi's Mansion 2 2013 5.28
6. Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds 2013 3.47
7. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer 2015 3.37
8. Super Mario Maker 2016 2.96
9. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D 2015 2.49
10. Mario Party 3D 2013 2.40
11. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team 2013 2.31
12. Donkey Kong Country Returns 2013 2.01
13. Fire Emblem Fates 2015 1.97
14. Kirby: Triple Deluxe 2014 1.97
15. Yoshi's New Island 2014 1.67
16. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon 2015 1.40
17. Kirby: Planet Robobot 2016 1.31
18. The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes 2015 1.23
19. Miitopia 2016 1.07
20. Mario Party: Star Rush 2016 0.87
21. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam 2015 0.84
22. New Style Boutique 2 - Fashion Forward 2015 0.83
23. Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ 2015 0.80

System--------------------------------------------------------Yearr-----Units Sold (Million)
NES Classic_--------------------------------------------------2016---------2.30
SNES Classic_____________------------------------------------2017---------4.00

Nintendo Mobile Games
Game----------------------------------------------------------Yearr___-Downloads (Million)
1.---Pokemon Go---------------------------------------------2016---------500
2 ._-Fire Emblem Heroes_____________------------------------2017----------10
3.---Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp--------------------------2017----------15
4.---Super Mario Run-----------------------------------------2016---------200
5.---Miitomo--------------------------------------------------2016----------10

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thank you.

Smash 4 had a bad habit of giving newcomers some stupid gimmick to make them "unique xddddd"

Let Robin use Infinite Magic.
Make Bowser Jr. have a normal recovery.
Give Palu solid moves rather than a bunch of wonky special moves.

Let's hope our Switch game just gives them a solid moveset pool and a gimmick that doesn't hinder the characters playstyle.
Robin is perfectly fine how he/she is. Mid tier character at a better placement than Ike and Roy

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Oh Snap! so something Konami is coming to switch and it was implied that if someone could get info on the show room floor of E3 it would somehow validate the Vergeben leak.

Interesting.. though I dont think it proves anything yet but I'll say Vergeben is more likely right than wrong at this point so high chances for Ridley, Simon, Ice Climbers, and Snake along with a Minecraft stage/assist trophy which would mean Microsoft which could mean Banjo Kazooie...

If Banjo or Geno get in I'll honestly feel bad, i got Little Mac last game (my most wanted first party character) and this time I want Geno and Banjo both of which should be pipe dreams yet they seem so achievable this time when other first party nintendo characters that people have wanted for years seem less likely. crazy times, again I'll be so happy if either get in but legit feel a bit bad these out of left field characters I personally want the most make it when others dont.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Alrighty, so I have a question about the Vega leak.

Does it specifically state anything about Snake, or are people just assuming that with Belmont in it, it'll also come with Snake?

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, so I have a question about the Vega leak.

Does it specifically state anything about Snake, or are people just assuming that with Belmont in it, it'll also come with Snake?
I think at some point Verg said a recent source told him that Snake was coming back

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
As much as I'd love to see a playable Alucard, he'd make for a killer Assist Trophy to come with Simon Belmont.

I think one of the best parts of Simon Belmont (if the leak is true) is the music he'll bring along. I haven't played too much Castlevania, but I know Bloody Tears.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Looking through his post history and doing a google search, I never found any mention of a Konami compilation. This is the only thing that came up.

https://gametransfers.com/konami-bring-gradius-rebirth-switch/

I'm not sure he made it. Seems like people attributing that to him. I saw the comment on /v/ and said the same thing. Can't find where he said it.
It appears from review that an anon attributing this information to him via DM is the source of this information. However it's looking likely that if the anon saying an unannounced title would confirm one of his leakers saying snake/belmont were in the game, that vergeben told the anon about an upcoming konami game that source knew about. This goes back a few days to a week ago.
It's theoretically possible that the anon who stated this was bluffing and attributing to vergeben falsely, but that's a lucky guess

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'd ask what was in this "Vergeben leak" but tbh I think I'd rather not know, just so that I don't get my hopes up for whatever's in it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Banjo or Geno get in and I'll honestly feel bad, i got Little Mac last game (my most wanted first party character) and this time I want Geno and Banjo both of which should be pipe dreams yet they seem so achievable this time when other first party nintendo characters that people have wanted for years seem less likely. crazy times, again I'll be so happy if either get in but legit feel a bit bad these out of left field characters I personally want the most make it when others dont.
I know what you mean. I thought Duck Hunt Dog was a pipe dream for 12 years and he actually got in. 19 years and counting, Toad and Meowth feel like pipe dreams nowadays.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
I'd ask what was in this "Vergeben leak" but tbh I think I'd rather not know, just so that I don't get my hopes up for whatever's in it.
If you must know,

Ridley, Ice Climbers, Simon Belmont, Snake, and all Sm4sh characters.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Would you rather:

Simon Belmont
Rayman
Bomberman
Banjo Kazooie
or Crash

in the next Smash game?

For me, it'd be Banjo Kazooie hands down.

Forgot to comment earlier on the new layout. It feels weird right now (but that may just be because I was so used to the old look), and I am experiencing a few of the issues that some other people have reported, but it hasn't seriously impacted me yet.

But just now, I decided to give myself a signature, and I inserted a video of a music video (because the song is ****ing awesome, and I love it), but it's only showing half the video and none of the text at the bottom. Has this issue existed before the recent redesign or what?

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I know what you mean. I thought Duck Hunt Dog was a pipe dream for 12 years and he actually got in. 19 years and counting, Toad and Meowth feel like pipe dreams nowadays.
I think toads extremely likely even if theres no leaks or rumors about him.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
For safety reason I'm still going to considered the vergeben leak fake until I see it

If real king k rool is in too

That might be what gets me to get a switch

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom